TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

But please always keep in mind that is only the most popular theory!

Just in case keep one eggslot open or block it wiht an egg that you can thow away without a bleeding heart.

I repeat that Silvers will coming around so late is only a theory from us not a fact!

We don't think it's a 28 day cycle. Time will tell for sure.

I'm planning on something calendar-ish in my sig. Something simple such as "The moons are at X and Y. Z color lunars are dropping." There may be other plans as well but not for sure yet.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a method for my sig that will update daily automatically so I don't have to keep changing the graphic manually. Anyone know of anything that could help?

Not with the coding restrictions we have on our signatures. You miiiiiight be able to do something with HTML and CSS at best, but neither work in our signatures- our signatures run on UBBC (Universal Bulletin Board Code) which is just a very basic language that lets us do some stuff.

Not with the coding restrictions we have on our signatures. You miiiiiight be able to do something with HTML and CSS at best, but neither work in our signatures- our signatures run on UBBC (Universal Bulletin Board Code) which is just a very basic language that lets us do some stuff.

Might be something to think about for the wiki...

But please always keep in mind that is only the most popular theory!

Just in case keep one eggslot open or block it wiht an egg that you can thow away without a bleeding heart.

I repeat that Silvers will coming around so late is only a theory from us not a fact!

I think that "quite informed guess" applies since the theory takes in consideration what we learned so far. Furthermore, the theory survived a litmus test. It predicted what, in fact, happened: blue Lunar Heralds still dropping.

I think that "quite informed guess" applies since the theory takes in consideration what we learned so far. Furthermore, the theory survived a litmus test. It predicted what, in fact, happened: blue Lunar Heralds still dropping.

Yeah, i know and for me i think this is could be exactly the pattern for the change of the colours for the Lunar Heralds but i just want to made sure that nobody is upset when it isn't so.

There was a lot of drama in the past when people spread a "quite informed guess" and this guess was not true. So speaking of this guess in a tone which made users think is the truth will likely arise drama.

Yeah, i know and for me i think this is could be exactly the pattern for the change of the colours for the Lunar Heralds but i just want to made sure that nobody is upset when it isn't so.

There was a lot of drama in the past when people spread a "quite informed guess" and this guess was not true. So speaking of this guess in a tone which made users think is the truth will likely arise drama.

Drama? *gasps*

rolleyes.gif

Edited by antennakit

Is there anything that does not arise drama around here? I find it funny that I read so many times guesses that were not informed at all without anybody asking for disclaimers. It is even funnier considering that we are all here to "adopt dragons", a very reasonable fact. Quite.

Anyway, to avoid drama...

Disclaimer: the theory that the chart created by RubyEyes illustrates is a theory.

Well, from what's going on, I'm on the side of bronze being up next.

As far as I can make out currently, lunar cycle lengths (in days) are going to be thus:

user posted image

Red numbers are unconfirmed but I am extrapolating from available data.

That means there are only certain combinations of phases available, and the colour chart will be something like this:

user posted image

This is pretty much the same info that pinkgothic has laid out, but more visual

Also it is easier to see that

Both moons big (full/gibbous) - silver

Both moons small (new/cresent) - bronze

One big/One small - colour of big moon (blue/gold for Cirion/Aurox respectively)

Basically, 8pm on the 13th we should get bronze again if the theory stands.

I feel as though all this drama would end if the silvers were just released already.

Well, from what's going on, I'm on the side of bronze being up next.

As far as I can make out currently, lunar cycle lengths (in days) are going to be thus:

user posted image

That means there are only certain combinations of phases available, and the colour chart will be something like this:

user posted image

This is pretty much the same info that pinkgothic has laid out, but more visual

Also it is easier to see that

Both moons big (full/gibbous) - silver

Both moons small (new/cresent) - bronze

One big/One small - colour of big moon (blue/gold for Cirion/Aurox respectively)

Basically, 8pm on the 13th we should get bronze again if the theory stands.

That's some serious tracking. I feel like a lazy bum now. xd.png Thanks for keeping track.

@Diame

Where would the fun in that be? wink.gif

Thank you. That's exactly the point. The theory is based on the data that we already know about and extrapolation.

tbh I'm glad the silvers are a bit delayed- it allows some of my pinks and reds to recover for the breeding projects that are sure to happen as soon as I get a full set of all the adults tongue.gif

Thank you. That's exactly the point. The theory is based on the data that we already know about and extrapolation.

My previous theory was based on extrapolation of the data we had then, and I was still wrong. That's just what Tigerkralle was trying to say smile.gif Theories are just theories, evidence or not.

I'm also kinda glad silvers are delayed- I forgot to gather dragons for zombie turning this Halloween ^__^;

Edited by bluesonic1

I do not share the opinion of being "glad" that the silvers are being delayed.

I'm extremely grateful to the people that worked on the theory illustrated by the chart created by RubyEyes. It is obvious that they are quite brilliant and I'm glad to see that the theory, so far, seems to be quite correct. I'm also very glad that they shared the theory with us and I'm confident it will be proven right.

To the people looking for "facts" in a make-believe environment like DC... I've a "fact" for you: my dragons sing, dance and get drunk all night long. That's a "fact". Now disprove it.

Edited by NotBambi

The more data we have to work with, the more solid the theories. But you're right, it's unproven theory unless and until it becomes proven fact.

I had several theories debunked along the way too.

Delayed implies that they were intended to come out by now. No, TJ set all this up before the release happened, so they are not delayed. The silvers will be released on schedule.

Delayed implies that they were intended to come out by now. No, TJ set all this up before the release happened, so they are not delayed. The silvers will be released on schedule.

That's very true actually, thanks for the correction tongue.gif Bahh, I can still relate to people who aren't happy the silvers haven't dropped yet... They're so pretty, I need them on my scroll as soon as possible wub.gif And 2 lineage ideas that are waiting on the silvers...

Think how confused we would all be if TJ ignored the intended pattern in the initial release so we could all get all the colors quickly. Then, when the pattern kicked in later, it would be much more difficult for us to figure it all out. blink.gif

Think how confused we would all be if TJ ignored the intended pattern in the initial release so we could all get all the colors quickly. Then, when the pattern kicked in later, it would be much more difficult for us to figure it all out. blink.gif

Yeah but someone else pointed out that if the gap between blues and silvers really is as big as predicted, TJ could have started the drop with the silvers, so there wouldn't be such a delay. Though I'm inclined to think what others have been thinking in that he may have stretched out this release over 2 months on purpose to give a bit more breathing space in prep for the Halloween event.

Exactly~ if TJ set things up so we'd get all the phases one right after another before putting them into the correct schedule we would end up freaking out when things deviated from what we thought was the norm. xd.png

But yeah, it's kind of a shame the silvers are possibly quite a few days away. I quite like them.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I'm also kinda glad silvers are delayed- I forgot to gather dragons for zombie turning this Halloween ^__^;

Eeep!! Omigosh, I forgot all about the zombies! Thank you for the reminder! Yet another reason to not hate waiting for the silver lunars.

10 days without silvers, I am sad.

I'm only sad because until we get them - and fully figure out moon phases (really wish DC had some sort of counter that said what egg was what when like one of the fan sites has) - I can't work on my planned breeding projects.

Though on the same hand - I kind of like this 'extended release'. I think it works as a nice break before we're into the Halloween/Holiday dragon rush (and didn't TJ say somewhere that regular releases would probably not happen between October to February due to the Holidays (Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine's Day respectively) because of the hype that comes from Holiday releases...or did I dream that?)