TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Uh oh, things just got confusing xd.png

I did think it was odd that the two moons did have the same pattern, but I didn't think much more of it.

Edited by Clya

When the moons have waned or there is an extended period of heavy cloud cover, Lunar Heralds are forced to hunt instead of moonbathing.  However, this can be dangerous for them due to their frailty, so they normally feed on smaller creatures like mice and rabbits.

Awww! Now i have to imagine them like a cat with a mouse in the mouth. biggrin.gif Soooo cute!

Edit:

@TJ

Thank you very much. Now that will help us all a lot. But the colours are correct or will our dragons have to morph into another colours? blink.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

Thanks for the info, TJ!

And yaaaayyyy thanks for the information post, LadyLyzar!! I love that they are horse-sized, and.... Everything. I love everything about them!

Oh goodness, thanks LadyLyzar, these babies are awesome! I love that they're smaller dragons.

And hahahahahahah thanks TJ xd.png

Bronze = 3rd.

Called them browns in all my "to do" lists. My bad, I hope they don't mind. unsure.gif

I had been wondering about those synchronized moon phases (seemed so unlikely). Phew, but the new system looks quite complicated... blink.gif

So it looks like every moon phase lasts for about 4 days.

My bronze ones hatch in about 2 days so hopefully I can catch enough of the next colours.

Maybe im just super slow today but the moon time frame thing still doesn't make sense to me.. Love the descriptions though Lady!

So we got Bronze Lunar Heralds since? ninja.gif

Sep 02, 2015

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: New

My predictions of how the colours drop:

They seem to be following Aurax, so...

Waning Gibbous - Gold Lunar

Waning Crescent - Bronze Lunar

New - Sapphire/Blue Lunar

Waxing Crescent - Bronze Lunar

Waxing Gibbous - Gold Lunar

Full (if there is one) - Silver Lunar

Now this doesn't explain the Silvers or Blues buuuuut

Are the Gold and Bronze ones based off the Golden moons? (Aurax) Or are the dragons just based off of a certain phase that either of the moons could have?

Edited by Clya

Haven't seen any Heralds in a while.... I did find my first Golden Wyvern though. :3c

Thanks for the info, LadyLyzar!

It has been fun i have to go now but will be back on later waves bye. pets hatchlings telling them to be good and hopes the older ones are aged up when i get back.

Thank you, LadyLyzar, for your notes on this beautiful breed! I am really glad that they didn't end up as Prize dragon, truly fortunate for all of us!

I have a couple of questions. Does the moonlight actually "feed" them? And eating mice, rabbits - for an animal the size of a horse, would they eat any plant matter?

Also, thank you to TJ for the moon notes. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I need a good Astronomy class! smile.gif

Just add the light of both moons together:

The Bronze ones started dropping one day before the new moon of the smaller moon Cirion, so there was nearly only the growing light of the bigger moon Aurax.

Silver must be the days of full moon and nearly full moon of both. But then the Sapphire/Blue must be the full moon phase of Cirion hence that is the smaller blue moon.

*sigh* I assume the Cirion will going through her phases every four days. I called the moons females because nearly all Moondeities are female. tongue.gif

Edit because i cannot count...

Edited by Tigerkralle

I had been wondering about those synchronized moon phases (seemed so unlikely). Phew, but the new system looks quite complicated...  blink.gif

Yeah.... Um.....

Oh well.

ANYWAY - I am still wondering if - other than the breeding with coppers thing - it makes a difference where they are caught. Because I can't get an Alpine to save my life ! Thanks for al the info, Lady Lyzar - and for the gorgeous sprites. I'm rather glad we get a shot at the blue xd.png

WAIT -

Aug 29, 2015

Aurax: Waning gibbous

Cirion: Waning crescent

Aug 30, 2015

Aug 31, 2015

Sep 01, 2015

Sep 02, 2015

Sep 03, 2015

Cirion: Waxing crescent

Well, then how come I have two BRONZE eggs caught on Sept 1st - when the moon was in the same phase as all my golds ? Is it even MORE complex than that ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Heads up: The help page was displaying the wrong moon phase for Cirion (it was actually just displaying Aurax's phase for both). The actual egg colors are correct.

Since that screws up everyone's data collecting, here's the phases for the days since the release:

Aug 29, 2015

Aug 30, 2015

Aug 31, 2015

Sep 01, 2015

Sep 02, 2015

Sep 03, 2015

Cirion: Waxing crescent

Thanks for the information!

I'll edit it into Shokomon's sheet. smile.gif

Edit: Should be done. @Everyone, if you still see anything that looks wrong, let me know.

Edited by pinkgothic

I keep seeing the Xenowyrm sig and I'm thinking we need to have one to remember this release forever xd.png

I've got an idea... And it may or may not involve a certain troll-hatchling done by Stellaluna xd.pngxd.png (If that is okay with her that is...)

All of this new stuff, so overwhelming, and so confusing blink.gifblink.gif

Edited by Clya

Thank you for the info, LadyLyzar, it is amazing how you came up with them. wub.gif

Anyway, I'm letting my other two gold heralds grow up anyway, I'll breed them for freezing once their moon phase comes back. wub.gif

finally caught 2 laugh.gif ahhh

and thats really cool, LadyLzar, that originally these were made to be prize dragon's. they are really pretty biggrin.gif

I keep seeing the Xenowyrm sig and I'm thinking we need to have one to remember this release forever xd.png

I've got an idea... And it may or may not involve a certain troll-hatchling done by Stellaluna xd.pngxd.png (If that is okay with her that is...)

All of this new stuff, so overwhelming, and so confusing blink.gifblink.gif

Go ahead xd.png I did draw another fatter one in the thread so if you want to, then go ahead. I can redraw it too xd.png

I can't wait for the Sapphire and Silvery Pearl ones to drop, those are my favorites <3

I wonder if these were used as prizes instead of shimmers, would we have shimmers dropping now instead of the Lunar Heralds?

and thats really cool, LadyLzar, that originally these were made to be prize dragon's. they are really pretty biggrin.gif

I'm glad they aren't Prize Dragons, otherwise I would have no hope of getting them