TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Wow, these are so hard to get! ohmy.gif

I'm trying to at least get a few CB brown eggs...

Do the bronzes aöso drop at 5 minute intervals? Or just at the full hour drop?

Every 5 minutes and during full hour drops smile.gif

Edited by Ollis46

If i am not mistaken every five minutes.

They drop at 5 minutes intervals. I see them at almost every 5 minutes drop. The problem is that 30 other people see them before me rolleyes.gif

Volcano at the :25 drop had a triple Lunar. I got the right one, congratulations to whomever got the left and middle.

Are these any easier to get this morning than they were last night? I just picked up a pair in the alpine within minutes of each other, after fruitlessly hunting for over an hour last night. Then promptly went and misclicked a moonstone trying to get one from the desert--it's a vampire now, haha. Now I'm locked for a few hours.

Are these any easier to get this morning than they were last night? I just picked up a pair in the alpine within minutes of each other, after fruitlessly hunting for over an hour last night. Then promptly went and misclicked a moonstone trying to get one from the desert--it's a vampire now, haha. Now I'm locked for a few hours.

It seems harder actually, hatchlings are growing up and the ratios are causing fewer eggs to drop.

Volcano at the :25 drop had a triple Lunar. I got the right one, congratulations to whomever got the left and middle.

I got one of those! After having no luck on my laptop, I tried using my phone with three tabs to switch through as someone else suggested. The response time was much faster on my phone. Hopefully I'll get one from the other two biomes soon as well!

If i am able to grab bronzes then i will give them to those who are unable to grab any.

It seems harder actually, hatchlings are growing up and the ratios are causing fewer eggs to drop.

Huh, must have been some weird fluke then, since I'm on the same computer and the same connection as before. But there were "only" 38 people in the biome, as opposed to the 50-60 that were there last night.

Seriously... have they stopped to drop? Haven't seen just one in the last hour. O.o

Not sure either if they have was in Alpine and all eggs were gone from there two times. I do hope they come back so i can maybe help grab some for others.

I just wish people would stop breeding those eggs :S

If we're having scarce ratios on cave, we're having even scarcer ratios with people breeding the ones they already have sad.gif

I know everyone's free and stuff, I just wish.....

I just wish people would stop breeding those eggs :S

If we're having scarce ratios on cave, we're having even scarcer ratios with people breeding the ones they already have sad.gif

I know everyone's free and stuff, I just wish.....

True, most people are trying to help by breeding and gifting, what they don't realise is that it's making it worse.

I have three adults now! Has Lady Lyzar given any new info on the Lunars yet?

They're still ridiculously difficult to get. Kind of sucks. And really people, hold off on all the breeding of these til they're all out. You aren't helping at all.

ALL DATA ON THE LUNAR CYCLE IS NULL AND VOID AS OF 09/03/13, 1:56 PM as explained by TJ in this post. Corrections are placed below.

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Adults!! And a name, Lunar Heralds!

- Currently, Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are now in the  WaNing Cresent and WaXing Cresent phases respectively.

- Everyone is now catching Bronze eggs in the Cave!

- We have Adults now, and we are getting Bronze eggs!

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- Info on the current moon phase can be accessed from the Time page, which you can get to by clicking the clock in the top right hand corner of the new Standard DC skin, by going to the Help page and clicking Time Reference link, by going to the first page in this thread and clicking the link in the banner, OR by clicking the 3 above links embedded in this post.

- There was no new flood of Lunar Heralds. As such, it is harder to catch eggs as the other more common eggs have already mixed in.

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- There is a possibility that the release started in the middle of the Waning Gibbous phase.

- IMPORTANT: All data before 09/03/13, 1:56 PM was incorrect as the time page was showing Aurax's phase for BOTH moons. TJ has provided a corrected cycle in his post.

- This does NOT affect the information gathered on the eggs, just the moon phases the eggs were caught/bred under.

- The cycle has progressed, and so far we know:[NEEDS TO BE FIXED]

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 5.

- The newest phase change and bred eggs seems to support [NEEDS TO BE FIXED].

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- As of the most recent change, the moons' phases are [NEEDS TO BE FIXED].

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it is not motion illusion.

- LadyLyzar has given usinformation on the Adults!

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Edited by Shokomon

Do the Moons change every 3-5 days then?

It seems so. We still need to see when the next color drops, and get a more accurate idea then.

I was up til 2am last night (had to turn in because I kept falling asleep on the keyboard roflol), still trying to catch a second bronze. The nothingness is becoming ridiculous. sleep.gif' Luck is not my friend.