TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Oh please don't start breeding these! That will make fewer fall in the Biomes.

Sad but true...

I'm so torn now... I'd like to check if my gold Lunar couple won't refuse asap... Because if they don't, I'll be able to let all the other golds go, without keeping a spare... (I just collect 1couple per breed/alt/vairant, all the rest will get abandoned or released immediately I know I have a non-refusing pair and I won't need them...) eh... I hate wasting CBs, esp rares...

Edited by VixenDra

Yeah I gotta admit that this is sad, but sadly tends to happen often in many competition type situations. If the others are winning, it must be because they cheat ^__^

That aside, I do have a theory that has some support, for as to why the eggs are still being snapped up so fast, and why still so many people are hunting in the biomes. Not that people are going to like hearing it, but if you offer ridiculous things in trade posts/go nuts for trading for one of these lunar eggs, of course those people with fast connections will keep catching ridiculous amounts of eggs instead of just stopping when they've had their fill. You're giving them an incentive to keep catching...

I watched the same thing happen with Xenowyrms until their ratios turned and they genuinely became rare (not so sure nowadays, this was about a month ago I was tracking), and so those who were in it for the cheap trades gave up, but people with slow connections still couldn't catch them because of the very low drop rate.

But what I'm wondering is, if people with really fast connections manage to grab the best eggs, what do they actually want for them? I mean, later on all I've seen are rare swaps, everything goers in circles rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I've managed to grab a couple of the bronzes, but I get the feeling the last 2 types will be really hard to get, though.

P.S. PLEASE, PLEASE... FREE THE XENOS!!! T__T

I am wondering... has anybody been able to catch the bronze eggs from the Alpine biome?

I was able to grab 6 bronze eggs from the Desert and Volcano. But I did not see a single one in the Alpine biome since yesterday.

Well, people must have, as I have seen and missed several.

Trading ? What's unreasonable ? I was desperate and so I asked for 2 bronzes for a 3 gen shimmer. And got them within the hour. What are others asking - did I undersell myself ?? xd.png

Since I'm not hunting right now I've got AoND and EAtW refreshing in the background. I hope that helps a few of you out with hatching your lower-time eggs.

The lag in the cave is real, I'm not even trying to load the biomes, I'm just trying to check my dragons... blink.gif

But what I'm wondering is, if people with really fast connections manage to grab the best eggs, what do they actually want for them? I mean, later on all I've seen are rare swaps, everything goers in circles  rolleyes.gif

I got my bronze couple only thanks to a very kind generosity and a trade (3x 2gen PB Xenos for 1 bronze Lunar)...

Trading ? What's unreasonable ? I was desperate and so I asked for 2 bronzes for a 3 gen shimmer. And got them within the hour. What are others asking - did I undersell myself ?? xd.png

Lots of commons to complete scroll goals, I don't know. But I've seen plenty of people post here that they got their bronze eggs via trades, and several posts in the CB trading thread offering either bronze eggs or lots of common eggs/hatchlings or a couple of rares for a or some bronze eggs. I recall even seeing one post that offered a magma and an ice for one bronze egg.

It's not just what people want, but what the people wanting bronze eggs are offering. Apart from offering actual nice things, it simply entices people to catch bronze eggs and ask stupid things for them in an attempt to push up their value. Sure, you won't trade with them. But that's one less bronze egg you missed out on in the biomes. Some users eventually cave in to the demands because there is a demand, generated by people who are simply catching these to trade them.

(Man, if I knew I could get a 3G Shimmer from these bronze eggs, I would have been super tempted to get hunting myself...)

Edited by bluesonic1

i still haven't caught a bronze egg sad.gif

but my golds grew up, so i bred them and got two bronze 2nd gens and one no interest. i'm sorry if it doesn't help the ratios, breeding them now, but i'm now at the point of giving up trying to catch them. *kicks slow internet connection*

I'm gonna wait a few days, until the silvers are out (I'm hoping they're the last one), and I'm gonna breed them to my Cassares.

I am so predictable sometimes.

Oh, and my Flingos as well.

Edited by Ansela Jonla

But what I'm wondering is, if people with really fast connections manage to grab the best eggs, what do they actually want for them? I mean, later on all I've seen are rare swaps, everything goers in circles rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I've managed to grab a couple of the bronzes, but I get the feeling the last 2 types will be really hard to get, though.

P.S. PLEASE, PLEASE... FREE THE XENOS!!! T__T

Usually for any new release, I try to get 2 pairs (2 males, 2 females) and then I'm done. However, I was late to the Xeno release, so I only got one pair for each color. At this point, I'm hunting for rares since the caves are moving at a pretty decent pace. For me personally, if I catch any additional new release CBs I just post them on the Departures Thread since I already have my two pairs.

Thank you Spriter and TJ for the interesting, but confusing August drop...

Lots of commons to complete scroll goals, I don't know. But I've seen plenty of people post here that they got their bronze eggs via trades, and several posts in the CB trading thread offering either bronze eggs or lots of common eggs/hatchlings or a couple of rares for a or some bronze eggs. I recall even seeing one post that offered a magma and an ice for one bronze egg.

It's not just what people want, but what the people wanting bronze eggs are offering. Apart from offering actual nice things, it simply entices people to catch bronze eggs and ask stupid things for them in an attempt to push up their value. Sure, you won't trade with them. But that's one less bronze egg you missed out on in the biomes. Some users eventually cave in to the demands because there is a demand, generated by people who are simply catching these to trade them.

(Man, if I knew I could get a 3G Shimmer from these bronze eggs, I would have been super tempted to get hunting myself...)

If you had told me you'd get them, I'd have offered you... biggrin.gif

But on this connection I haven't a prayer - it was really my only option sad.gif And I don't believe in the outrageous; I always offer what I can do for whatever I am after - I have offered 2 gen silvers for commons, when I needed something.

Speaking of Silver Lunar Heralds, when do you think they will start dropping? It was a two day difference between the gold and the brown, but we don't know how long the moons were in waning gibbous before we checked, so I really don't know how to calculate the next switch.

-.-

Now my internet won't even last a friggin minute before disconnecting.

Ugh good luck getting one of these ever. I'm out >.>

-.-

Sorry to hear that. sad.gif

I am wondering... has anybody been able to catch the bronze eggs from the Alpine biome?

I was able to grab 6 bronze eggs from the Desert and Volcano.  But I did not see a single one in the Alpine biome since yesterday.

I've seen a few and caught two but the Alpine seems to get the most people for some reason.

I can't wait for the Silvers they are by far my favourite variant!

-.-

You have a PM smile.gif

I wonder how things will go on when the Blues and Silvers start to come out... I have a really (I mean: really) fast internet connection, so, I'm not speaking for myself... but I'm so sorry that people can't even get a single egg during the release date... sad.gif

It's so sad sad.gif

It was longer than that. They started dropping on the 29th and the bronze didn't drop until 8pm on Sept 1st. Isn't that almost 4 whole days?

Woops, sorry lol, I had my dates all wrong. *Is bad at math*

Well, people must have, as I have seen and missed several.

Not at all. That's a fair price if you ask me ^^

I would have tried breeding some low gen prizes but I'm not brave to rely on luck. If get a prizekin I would't have the heart to abandoning it >.<

That's what's interesting to me. I've tried offering 3G or 4G prizes but maybe I've just been unlucky. But still, it's interesting to me.

And of course, like quinney says, sometimes things like offering papers, dinos or stuff like that could happen.

Well, if trading for these makes an issue of slower connections not being able to grab their own then I'm going to be contributing to the problem. I'm putting four rares up for trade to try to get them. Once a breed of egg goes from flood or very common to uncommon or rare in the cave then that's my only option. My connection is slow enough that I don't even see the rares in the cave.

i've been wondering if there's anything i could breed for a trade, but when the xenos were released, i tried offering all sorts of things (including a paper) and got no response.

but, rather incredibly, i just managed to catch a mageia, my first cb one since the release, and i'm reluctant to offer it for a trade as i only have one breeding pair. *hugs mageia*

That's what's interesting to me. I've tried offering 3G or 4G prizes but maybe I've just been unlucky. But still, it's interesting to me.

I had a 5th gen tinsel from a rare line and a 4th gen tinsel for trade, asking for a brown lunar each and was offered what I was looking for with both (the first within a couple or hour, the second took about 1 day)

I was part of the group during the Xeno release who caught CBs for trades and gave up when it got too hard. I still feel bad now seeing people with slow connections who still can't catch them in the biomes because of the now-low drop rate. I used to be one of those people, with a really slow connection, so I know how it feels and it sucks. That's why I'm not collecting for trades this time around. The only time during this release when I've gone back to re-catch some bronze eggs was after I gave some away.

If by the time my bronze eggs hatch, and bronze eggs are still dropping, I'm considering re-catching to gift on the Departure board, though I wonder if that's even wise to do as I'm just contributing to the whole eggs-disappearing-fast thing (and the 5 hour handicap is REALLY a pain).

What I'm saying though is that the more you offer, whatever it may be, the more people are drawn in to thinking that hoarding these new eggs for trades is a good idea. Which means less eggs for you, and you become desperate so start looking for trades... it's a vicious cycle.