Tomato_Juice

The Dragon Cave Record Book!

THE DRAGON CAVE (unofficial) RECORD BOOK!

Contents:

1. Announcements

2. Rules

3. Lists

i. Mini-Mods

ii. Black List

iii. Grey List

iv. All Record Holders

v. Silver List

vi. Gold List

4. Format

i. Setting records

ii. Suggesting new categories

iii. Updating Entries

5. Records

6. FAQ

7. Banners

ANNOUNCEMENTS

23 November 2015:

We are now switching to Google Docs. Don't freak out when you see that your record has vanished from the thread.

From now on, you can enter for 2nd and 3rd place in the Dragon Hoarding categories as we don't have to worry about space in the posts.

RULES

1. No spamming. No one likes it. It clogs up the forums. Anything other than setting records, suggesting new categories and important discussion related to the thread is counted as spam. If there is an issue, (eg. We forgot to add you to a list) please PM me instead.

2. No multi posting. Again, this clogs up the forum. Multi posting is making two or more posts in a row. If you accidentally posted something twice, please delete one of them. If you made two posts of different content, please edit the second one into the first one.

3. Be nice. Please do not say or do anything hurtful or mean.

4. Provide only relevant links. In order to add you to the records, we need evidence. If you want to set the record for most number of children, give us the progeny link and not the link of the dragon, making us have to click further for its children. Your link should bring us directly to the page. No screenshots are accepted as they can be easily faked. If you provide a screenshot, faulty link, inaccurate link or no evidence at all, that will be an offense.

5. Do not enter for a nonexistent category. If you want to do so, post the suggestion for the new category then enter.

6. Do not enter twice for the same category. This is important because there may be many people tied in certain categories, especially the Lineage categories.

7. Only update your entry once a week. If you need to update a record, for example when you entered you only had 1000 dragons, but now you have 1001, please don't update it every time the number increases, unless you're plotting to make me die an early death. Which isn't very nice (which is in violation of Rule 3).

8. DO NOT FALSIFY INFORMATION. Due to time constraints and commitments in real life, we will not check every piece of evidence. This doesn't mean that if your evidence is harder to check, it has a lower chance of being checked. We will carry out random checks of evidence, but everyone still has to provide proof for their record. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT LYING ABOUT YOUR RECORD, YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM THE THREAD INSTANTLY.

All the offences from 1-7 will count as one demerit point. After you have earned three demerit points, you will be temporarily banned from this topic. After you have accumulated 6 demerit points, you will be permanently banned.

LISTS

Mini-Mods

APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN! I will recruit different mods to do different tasks. As of now I just need one more to do the categories in 'Dragon Hoarding'. PM if you're interested.

Black List

Black listed people are permanently banned from posting on the thread. Black listed people:

None. smile.gif Let's keep it this way.

Grey List

Grey listed people are temporarily banned from posting on the thread. Grey listed people:

None. smile.gif Let's keep it this way.

All Record Holders

People who are the top three in their category. Basically everyone listed in the 'All Records' section. This list will only be updated every few days. (EDIT: Won't be updated until we get the project account. Will take a while.)

pokemonfan13

Lizzyluna

SockPuppet Strangler

DCLXVI

Ansela Jonia

dustpuppy

Fiona BlueFire

Ytak

helix9

Sister of the Dragon

hotbottleo'water1

OrcaFreak

Stormcaller

PrincessLucy

SnitchMist2210

Leidarendi

Count_23

angelicdragonpuppy

Lady_DragonRider

Lady Artemis

Silver List

All those who are first in their category. This list will only be updated every few days. (EDIT: Won't be updated until we get the project account. Will take a while.)

pokemonfan13

Lizzyluna

DCLXVI

SockPuppet Strangler

Ansela Jonia

dustpuppy

Fiona BlueFire

Ytak

hotbottleo'water1

Sister of the Dragon

OrcaFreak

Stormcaller

PrincessLucy

SnitchMist2210

Leidarendi

Count_23

angelicdragonpuppy

Lady Artemis

Lady_DragonRider

Gold List

All those who have gotten first in at least three categories. This list will only be updated once most of the records get filled up.

None yet.

FORMAT

When posting, please use the formats stated below. If not, I may reject your post.

Setting Records

Before posting, check the existing record holders in this category and make sure that you qualify for the top three.

[size=7][color=blue][b]I would like to set a record![/b][/color][/size]

Name of category:
Number of Gold Dragons:
Evidence:

PLEASE NOTE: That is just an example for 'Most Number of Gold Dragons'. When you post, please replace that with the relevant information. For example, if you're entering for 'Most Female-Heavy Scroll', please state the numbers of both males and females.

Suggesting New Categories

Before checking, make sure that this category does not exist yet.

[SIZE=7][COLOR=green][B]I would like to suggest a new category![/B][/color][/size]

Name of category:
Explanation (if needed):

Updating Entries

Please make sure that you have waited one week before updating each time.

[size=7][color=purple][b]I would like to update my record![/b][/color][/size]

Link to Post:
Updated Number of Gold Dragons:

Again, this is just an example. Please replace 'Updated Number of Gold Dragons' with the relevant information.

Edited by Tomato_Juice

RECORDS

The link to the Google Doc will be here.

FAQ

Will the existing records from the previous thread be moved over?

No. We would like the thread to start anew.

Can I enter a dragon/scroll that belongs to someone else?

Yes, you can, but you won't be credited.

Do I have to suggest a new category in the 'Dragon Hoarding' group for a breed that is not listed there yet?

You don't have to. All of them are technically there. It's just that I prefer to add them only when someone has a record. So you can submit your record without suggesting it.

I'm confused about Frozen Hatchlings in the 'Dragon Hoarding' group.

There will be a category for frozen hatchlings of that breed, and one for adults. For example, there will be 'Most Number of Anagallis Dragons' and 'Most Number of Anagallis Frozen Hatchlings.'

How about breeds with variants, like Xenowyrms?

There will be a category for the total number of that breed, and others for the individual variants.

BANNERS

Please feel free to make one!

Edited by Tomato_Juice

I would like to set a record!

Name of category: Most Number of Clicks

(Number of Clicks): 3,216

Evidence: here it is

Not mine, but the dragon with the most clicks I've ever seen is the infamous Missingno, owned by pokemonfan13.

you should make it a rule that only the owner of the dragon can submit the record, because what if said person does not want to be on your list

sorry ~!~ that wasn't directed at you

I meant dragon records like hoards and lineages

Edited by InugamiZERO

you should make it a rule that only the owner of the dragon can submit the record, because what if said person does not want to be on your list

I normally wouldn't submit someone else's dragon, but Missingno is kind of a site legend... or at least, it used to be... (I haven't been on the forums in a while.)

Are the records from the last thread going to be transferred over?

I was thinking the same thing. Lots of people have put records in this thread but it's closed due to inactive mods. I'd love to have an active thread again, but in case some of these people don't know about the new thread I don't see why they can't be moved over.

I'd rather see the thread start fresh with members posting their records here rather than transferring old records from the old thread.

I had no idea there was an existing thread. I did a search and nothing came up.

I'll add the two of you! smile.gif

I had no idea there was an existing thread. I did a search and nothing came up.

I'll add the two of you! smile.gif

The existing thread was closed back in March I believe due to it being abandoned. I have no problem with a new thread (this one) being made but I do think members need to post here with their records rather than taking old records from the abandoned thread when those members may not even be active anymore. I'll edit the last post in that old thread with a link to this thread.

Edited by rubyshoes

Makes sense. In that case I'd like to add my records:

I would like to suggest a new category!

Name of category: Breeder with the most "X" dragon

Explanation (if needed): Armies are a great way to show off your devotion to your favorite dragons!

Name of category: Breeder with the most skywings

Number of Dragons: 681

Evidence: my scroll

Name of category: Breeder with the most nhiostrifes

Number of Dragons: 122

Name of category: Longest purebred even gen lineages

Explanation (if needed): A dragon whose lineage is both even gen and only one type of dragon.

Name of category: Longest skywing PB EG lineage

Dragon: THE NINTH HELIX

Evidence: see above

Makes sense. In that case I'd like to add my records:

Name of category: Breeder with the most "X" dragon

Explanation (if needed): Armies are a great way to show off your devotion to your favorite dragons!

Name of category: Breeder with the most skywings

Number of Dragons: 681

Name of category: Breeder with the most nhiostrifes

Number of Dragons: 122

Name of category: Longest purebred even gen lineages

Explanation (if needed): A dragon whose lineage is both even gen and only one type of dragon.

Name of category: Longest skywing PB EG lineage

Dragon: THE NINTH HELIX

Evidence: see above

Added.

If I do ALL the lineage permutations (even-gen, not even-gen, purebred, staircase, blah blah blah, all 58345734986239 breeds of dragons), I'm gonna die an early death. I'll just add them when someone suggests the specific one.

THANKS A LOT RUBY SHOES!!!

Edited by Tomato_Juice

For purebred lineages you can probably just make it even gen PB + longest PB stair. If you start doing checkers or weird lineages it'll get crazy real fast. xd.png

Name of category: Breeder with the most sunsongs

Number of Dragons: 210

Evidence: http://dragcave.net/user/angelicdragonpuppy

Most are in a big clump near the back of my scroll, but a handful are scattered elsewhere. If you like I can send screenshots of them sorted by breed to make counting easier.

Hmm, nice shiny new thread.

Name of category: Dragpn Statistics

(Number of Children): 48

Evidence: Night Music Element's progeny page

This isn't a record I expect will stand long but considering everything thought it worth posting.

Also, this was a record from the last thread that I thought I'd bring here:

(fewest views/unigue views): 419/183

Evidence: Elemental Faen

If I get ambitious I'll post my numbers for coppers too. I was the record holder for the greatest number of those, and also the record holder for longest purebred verdigris copper lineage.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Hmm, nice shiny new thread.

(Number of Children): 48

Evidence: Night Music Element's progeny page

This isn't a record I expect will stand long but considering everything thought it worth posting.

Also, this was a record from the last thread that I thought I'd bring here:

(fewest views/unigue views): 419/183

Evidence: Elemental Faen

If I get ambitious I'll post my numbers for coppers too. I was the record holder for the greatest number of those, and also the record holder for longest purebred verdigris copper lineage.

Category means the name of the record. In your case it would be 'Most Number of Children' and 'Least Number of Views/Unique Views'

Sorry, I'm not very specific. tongue.gif

I will try to add everyone.

I may start recruiting mods soon. Stay tuned to the 'Mini-Mods' section for updates.

Sister of the Dragon, your lineage is going to give me nightmares.

Edited by Tomato_Juice

Well...there's probably people with more, but..

Name of category: Breeder with the most Striped Dragons (All colours)

(Number of Striped Dragons: See red line in my Sig, it holds the accurate amount I believe)

Evidence: my scroll is linked in my sig. I used legacy custom sort and subtracted. My stripes started at 343 and ended at 440, so 97. (AS OF THIS POST, I may have more later)

Edited by Stellaluna22

Name Of Category: The Most Stripes. I probably have a number of records.

Number: Most CB White stripes is 513, Most Stripes in General is 568

Evidence: Thats ones a bit hard. If you set your scroll viewer to 100 dragons Its from the middle of page 2 to the almost top part of page 7. Evidence Here

Edited by Count_23

Since I'm not suggesting one category, but a number of them; I didn't use the correct form. Hope that's OK. I really liked this section of the old threat:

A subcategory concerning dragon names, like most dragons/frozen hatchlings with the same prefix/affix/or other form of theme

Name of category: Most Adult Dragons with the same name theme: "Draconem" affix

Number of Adult Dragons: 929 (9 genderless, 456 males and 464 females/858 are CB's and 71 are 2nd gens)

Evidence: My Scroll, I know it's hard to count; but if it helps: all my dragons get a name and all with the same affix. There are only 2 exceptions: 1 lineaged black and 1 gold shimmer

Edited by OrcaFreak

Name of category: Most Number of Guardians

(Number of Guardian Dragons): 2353

Evidence: http://dragcave.net/user/Ytak

Name of category: Longest Guardian Purebred Even Gen Lineage

Explanation (if needed): doesn't exist (yet)

Name of category: Longest Guardian Purebred Even Gen Lineage

(Number of Gens): 10 generations

Evidence: http://dragcave.net/lineage/XYtqo

I'll have to go back over my list and update my own dragon records. I've slacked since the old thread was closed.

Edited by ytak

Here is a nice useful site TJ made: http://dcrecords.tj09.net/ (although it only lists a few records).

Name of category: Most Number of Children

Evidence: Blue Eyes - 62 children

Name of category: Pair with Most Number of Children

Evidence: Izaya Jassith Dorkface x Princess Of Connacht - 50 children (ALL of them Gold Shimmerscales!)

Name of category: Most Number of Unique Views

Evidence: Goblins' Dance - 2161 UVs

Name of category: Most Number of Views

Evidence: Lasting Dawn - 18351 views

Name of category: Most Number of Storm/Gray Dragons

Evidence: my scroll - 212 Storm Dragons (211 are in the middle of my scroll, one is on the first page)

Name of category: Most Number of Plated Colossus Dragons

Evidence: my scroll - 54 Plated Colossi (53 are on page 7 of my scroll (200 dragons per page), one is on the first page)

Edited by dustpuppy

Name of category: Breed with the most Spitfires

(Number of Gold Dragons): 1202

Evidence: Right here, on my scroll

Please replace 'Number of Gold Dragons' with the relevant information.

I will now start recruiting mods. Check the 'Mini-Mods' List.