Ansela Jonla

Striped breeding

Yes they can I have a lineage somewhere...here we go. (if you click on the parents they have white stripe offspring, I don't own them.)

Neither of those White striped parents show White striped progeny through Nocturne breeding unsure.gif

Neither of those White striped parents show White striped progeny through Nocturne breeding unsure.gif

The blue Stripe parent has white Stripe offspring with a Nocturne. This is possible by breeding in the right form. (Is it okay to link someone else's dragon?)

Edited by tishavara

The blue Stripe parent has white Stripe offspring with a Nocturne.

Ahh that is true, thanks! Sorry, I thought you meant looking at the white stripe CB parents tongue.gif

That would have been the *grandparents* of the posted dragon wink.gif

The blue Stripe parent has white Stripe offspring with a Nocturne. This is possible by breeding in the right form. (Is it  okay to link someone else's dragon?)

Trieloc is mine and I don't mind people linking her. I also have a Male Stripe x Nocturne lineage as well. And some smaller ones. smile.gif tishavara is correct. In my own experience:

Stripe x DAY Nocturne = Nocturne or White Stripe

Stripe x NIGHT Nocturne = Nocturne or Blue Stripe

I've never bred a White during the night or a Blue during the day from this pairing. I'm surprised to hear it called a rumor cause the lineages shown in this post were done in 2013. xd.png

I'm surprised to hear it called a rumor cause the lineages shown in this post were done in 2013. xd.png

I'm going through and updating all the wiki articles, and I'm up to the Striped dragons now, hence my questions tongue.gif It'll be changed soon, still got a lot of work to do~ Added a bunch that were here but not there as well.

Edited by bluesonic1

Trieloc is mine and I don't mind people linking her. I also have a Male Stripe x Nocturne lineage as well. And some smaller ones. smile.gif tishavara is correct. In my own experience:

Stripe x DAY Nocturne = Nocturne or White Stripe

Stripe x NIGHT Nocturne = Nocturne or Blue Stripe

I've never bred a White during the night or a Blue during the day from this pairing. I'm surprised to hear it called a rumor cause the lineages shown in this post were done in 2013. xd.png

I never thought of that! That's going to make my checkers more interesting! biggrin.gif

Hmm. The wiki states that you can breed red Stripes from blue Gemshards. I wanted to test the theory, and ended up with a couple of Gemshard eggs - and one blue Striped egg. http://dragcave.net/lineage/r8a9x

ETA: Oh, wait, both blue and red are possible? Oops.

Edited by olympe

White stripes confirmed also when the Aegis is in enraged form.

Might be a glitch, or something TJ hasn't had time to change from the default yet. I'd keep both babies just in case. smile.gif

Might be a glitch, or something TJ hasn't had time to change from the default yet. I'd keep both babies just in case. smile.gif

Well... I don't know if it is a glitch. Being enraged changes the color of the dragon but does not change its nature.

Of course it would be nice if the enraged Aegis could produce black stripes (and maybe an avatar of Destruction when bred with a Guardian of Nature). But that would not be consistent with the fact that being enraged only changes the appearance of the dragon. And this is also a fully reversible change.

Well, the thing is that stripe breeding merely depends on the main color of the non-stripe parent, which changes on the Aegis if his mood swings.

Well, the thing is that stripe breeding merely depends on the main color of the non-stripe parent, which changes on the Aegis if his mood swings.

I also believe that's how it should be...

Look at the Nocturnes reported not far above... the colour of the outcoming Striped depends on the colour the Nocturne had DURIGN the breeding... And they also change only the colour and they change it only within certain conditions being met... Why Aegis should be any different?

(Add the Gemshards too... their nature is the same, they differ only by colour, and they produce differend Stripeds.)

I strongly believe the outcome should depend on the form the Aegis was in during breeding... analogically to Nocturnes. Their appearance is still reflected in the lineage too... (Also, an enraged Aegis is not peaceful anymore, it's aggressive in this form, it's behaviour and appearance is affected by that state... I also believe the enraged Aegis should breed an Avatar of Destruction because it's in rage at the time... A peaceful being gets into fury...)

how can this not affect anything?

(moreover, I even believe their form during breeding should affect the Aegis hatchie's form and the freshly grown up adult's first form)

And I also believe they should give Blue Stripes, not White...

(and engraged should give Black)

Edited by VixenDra

But then... what about Luminas when they lose their scales after breeding with Turpentines, Waterhorses or Albinos? Shouldn't they give red stripes when they temporarily turn pink instead of white?

And what about Alt Undines (yellow) while the common Undines give green stripes? And why do Sunrise and Sunset dragons both give white stripes? The Sunset dragon is red-orange and purple so one could expect red or blue stripes.

Even if the concept works in some cases such as for the Nocturne dragon, the color of the offspring is not always related to the color that the other parent had while breeding. That being said, it would indeed be nice if the Aegis could give black stripes when enraged.

But then... what about Luminas when they lose their scales after breeding with Turpentines, Waterhorses or Albinos?  Shouldn't they give red stripes when they temporarily turn pink instead of white?

But they turn AFTER breeding, so they weren't "pink" when they did the deed.

OOH OOH - but alt undines give white:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/H7eqQ.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Is it even possible to breed a Scaleless Lumina to a Stripe? You have to breed the Lumina to a Turp/Waterhorse/Albino to make them shed their scales, but those grow back in 24 hours right? Meanwhile the breeding cool-down is a week. So your Lumina would be back to normal long before you could pair it with a Stripe. Or am I missing something? xd.png

Is it even possible to breed a Scaleless Lumina to a Stripe? You have to breed the Lumina to a Turp/Waterhorse/Albino to make them shed their scales, but those grow back in 24 hours right? Meanwhile the breeding cool-down is a week. So your Lumina would be back to normal long before you could pair it with a Stripe. Or am I missing something? xd.png

Kind of what I said but the other way around xd.png