Stellaluna22

Mosquito Bites and other Bug Bites!

I have a mosquito bite right now and it's so itchy.

Ugh. D:

I almost stepped on a bee today, but then I saw it and avoided it, then I was worried that I would be stung, but thankfully wasn't!

Anyone have any advice for getting rid of fleas in your bed?

Oh my... you've a problem. I assume you have cats and/or dogs so you should start getting rid of fleas on them. I assume also that we should not advert anything but I used a product with essential oils to avoid having my dogs bringing them to the house. Found it in Amazon and bought 1 gallon spray. Sprayed the dogs, sprayed the product on paper towels and massaged the cats with those, sprayed the product all over any surface where the dogs/cats would sleep on and on the entrances from the yard. I assume your bed could use that too. The smell is quite pleasant or, at least,is not unpleasant.

Edited by NotBambi

I used to get a ton of mosquito bites back when I used to go to my cousins soccer games, they were gross.

Then a couple of years after we let a cat from outside come into our apartment, and because of him we had a flea infestation... D:

There was also a time where I accidentally stept into a red ant hill, but they didn't bite.

Edited by FairyWars98

I used to get a ton of mosquito bites back when I used to go to my cousins soccer games, they were gross.

Then a couple of years after we let a cat from outside come into our apartment, and because of him we had a flea infestation... D:

There was also a time where I accidentally stept into a red ant hill, but they didn't bite.

lucky

Oh my... you've a problem. I assume you have cats and/or dogs so you should start getting rid of fleas on them. I assume also that we should not advert anything but I used a product with essential oils to avoid having my dogs bringing them to the house. Found it in Amazon and bought 1 gallon spray. Sprayed the dogs, sprayed the product on paper towels and massaged the cats with those, sprayed the product all over any surface where the dogs/cats would sleep on and on the entrances from the yard. I assume your bed could use that too. The smell is quite pleasant or, at least,is not unpleasant.

yeppers. I'm trying a bit of everything, so why not? what kind of essential oils?

Anyone have any advice for getting rid of fleas in your bed?

Chrysanthemum powder is toxic to fleas, and Diatomaceous Earth (crushed diatoms, basically silica) kills them by drying them out. It's how we treat our animals and carpet for fleas because both are nontoxic (you can even get food-grade Diatomaceous Earth for dealing with internal parasites). Chrysanthemum powder might be a tad hard to find, though; last time I was talking to my mom about it she said it had been pulled or something, IDK. But Diatomaceous Earth works pretty well, too.

Chrysanthemum powder is toxic to fleas, and Diatomaceous Earth (crushed diatoms, basically silica) kills them by drying them out. It's how we treat our animals and carpet for fleas because both are nontoxic (you can even get food-grade Diatomaceous Earth for dealing with internal parasites). Chrysanthemum powder might be a tad hard to find, though; last time I was talking to my mom about it she said it had been pulled or something, IDK. But Diatomaceous Earth works pretty well, too.

cool!

Thx for the advice. smile.gif