Lady_Lunevis

Bienvenue Cimetière

{ plot }

Two guys go on a camping trip. The result is not as spectacular as the movies lead one to believe.

{ rules }

There are no rules go wild (within reasonable measures)

{ form }

Name:

Orientation:

Appearance:

Personality:

{ Lady }

Name: Daniel (Dan) Choi

Orientation: Homosexual

Appearance: Dan has scruffy black hair, sometimes gelled back to prevent it from falling into his eyes, and dark brown eyes. He wears square-rimmed glasses and immaculate clothes, and probably spends his time ironing his collection of suits.

Personality: Dan is uptight and high-maintenance, though not necessarily mean. A popular, star student leaning towards perfectionism, Dan is usually one to listen rather than speak. Though he may appear distant and unwelcoming, in reality Dan is very caring and supportive of those he considers friends, though he doesn't quite know how to express such emotions.

{ Aroara }

Name: Crow Jenkins

Orientation: bisexual

Appearance:Crow is 5'6" and has semi long messy black hair that he streaks/ highlights with different colors every month/week. He normally has on loose baggy clothes ranging from the color black to.... black with some design on it. His lip piercing are real and fake (only the left side is real) and his brown eyes has flecks of gold.

Personality: moody. When around others he's friendly and polite, always quick to smile and laugh. When alone he is quite, to the point he can pretty much be invisible. Thoughtful, yet distant. Really, really jumpy.

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Name: Crow Jenkins

Orientation: bisexual

Appearance:Crow is 5'6" and has semi long messy black hair that he streaks/ highlights with different colors every month/week. He normally has on loose baggy clothes ranging from the color black to.... black with some design on it. His lip piercing are real and fake (only the left side is real) and his brown eyes has flecks of gold.

Personality: moody. When around others he's friendly and polite, always quick to smile and laugh. When alone he is quite, to the point he can pretty much be invisible. Thoughtful, yet distant. Really, really jumpy.

ayy sounds good!!

do you want to start or should i?

and are they already camping rn or will they be going soon? OO: ))

eyy sounds good!! thanks : ' D ))

Dan was not a fan of gatherings.

Needless to say, his current predicament wasn't exactly by choice. The male had been all but forced to come to the amusement park as a 'family trip', though he wasn't exactly sure going to the entertainment square only a couple blocks away qualified as 'lovable family time'. The man ran a hand through dark hair, carelessly slipping past the groups bundled together at the rides, and took about wandering the rest of the carnival streets looking for solace. The male paused, eyes shifting here and there. What he wouldn't give for a vacation . . .

Through the blaze of midday sun and tourists all eager to grab a picture of the nearby entertainment, the male sights someone he knows quite well. That came as no surprise--the aforementioned other was the only one Dan knew who dyed his hair such . . . interesting shades.

"Crow," he calls out, stuffing his hands into his pockets and slowly meandering over.

Crow was waiting in line for the fun house. He always loved the hall of mirrors in these things. His hair was streaked with dark purple, and he had on a leather jacket and a silver cross necklace along with his purple jeweled amulet on a gold chain. He heard his name and turned to face the pristine teen who constantly reminded him of some lawyer or CEO with his attire. He flashed a grin, he had recently had a feddish for all things gothic vampire, including a set of faux detachable fangs. "Hey Dan! Would've never thought to have run into you here. Want to go in the fun house with me? They have this tunnel that spins as you walk across a bridge and moving platforms and a hall of mirrors." He said in a sing songy voice trying to convince his friend to come in with him.

((So.. the title means welcome cemetery in French?))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

y ea h : ' D i'm not creative ))

Dan strolled up, listening to the other speak. "Hey Dan! Would've never thought to have run into you here. Want to go in the fun house with me? They have this tunnel that spins as you walk across a bridge and moving platforms and a hall of mirrors." As Crow talked, Dan paid close attention to the faux teeth that his friend wore, finding them somewhat amusing--and by extension, Crow himself--in his antics.

"Why not," he replied, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm bored, anyways. Sounds good--you know I get carsick, though," he replied, a slight smile touching upon his otherwise stoic expression. "Lead the way. Do we need tickets?"

"Nope, I have six left, it takes one each to get in. You can use one of mine anyway. I already went in three times already! Don't worry, I know tricks to all the things inside. Do I have something in.... oh!" He frowned as his friend was looking at his teeth. He grinned widely showing his fangs. "Their new, but hey, alt least I didn't roll in glitter and become the wingless pixie king before I can here" he joked

"Three times . . . ?" Dan echoed, the male shaking his head disapprovingly even though a small smile touched upon his features. "You like these sorts of things too much." At the other's grin, thus revealing his newly minted fangs, Dan tilted his head. "The day you become a pixie king is the day I officially think you strange," he replied, "though I would expect nothing less, to be honest." A shrug of the shoulders, and Dan joins Crow in line, casually taking a ticket from between the other's fingers. "Show me what you've found, then. I'm counting on you--I don't do good with stuff like this."

"I was talking about Edward Cullen from twilight..... are you saying you wouldn't be surprised if I turn into a sparkly vampire?!" He dramatically hit his hand to his chest and acted like he was stabbed. "Dani how could you!" He says as he stepped up to the ticket girl and gave her his ticket before hopping up on the platform. "I'll walk you through it. The first part is this platform with a spinning drum around it, I know that'll make you sick so close your eyes and I'll guide you through. Follow my voice... and I talk enough for the both of us so it can't be that hard to follow.. my .. voice.." He made it go really deep as he walked backwards on the platform through the red and yellow spinning drum. "If you don't trust me hold the railings on the side"

((I thought it was very clever. I had to look it up.. tongue.gif))

"Dani?" Dan repeated, face nonplussed, though not for long. "I was only saying that you as Edward Cullen wouldn't be a far stretch, though very internally disturbing. Please don't combust, and exercise caution when sparkling."

He took handed his ticket over, and then, with a prepared sigh, headed into the house. Just as they entered the darkness, Crow spoke.

"I'll walk you through it. The first part is this platform with a spinning drum around it, I know that'll make you sick so close your eyes and I'll guide you through. Follow my voice... and I talk enough for the both of us so it can't be that hard to follow.. my .. voice.."

Dan nodded, already closing his eyes before he could give himself a headache.

"If you don't trust me hold the railings on the side"

"I trust you enough," he suddenly said, and then spoke again to remedy his outburst. "Though I can't be too sure, you sound like you're having a little too much fun. No pranks, alright?" He reached out his hand.

"Dani?" Dan repeated, face nonplussed, though not for long. "I was only saying that you as Edward Cullen wouldn't be a far stretch, though very internally disturbing. Please don't combust, and exercise caution when sparkling."

((You killed me with laughter on that little lady! X'D ))

Crow took his hand and lead him down the walkway. "No jokes, I like your company too much to do that, but I should just leave you for that Edward Cullen comment. You know I don't like him, he is a disgrace to all things Dracula! Bram stoker can write better than this Meyer chick. But hey... sparkling might help me get the ladies." He joked again. "There's a step... okay, you're good now. You can open your eyes." He said as he continued to lead him to a slowly moving walkway that was conveyor belt like the ones on the airport. He didn't let go of his hand.

"The next part is the best!" He stepped off the belt, down some stairs and let go to wave both hands dramatically. "The hall of mirrors!" The mirrors were in a zigzag pattern, some normal, others the fun house style ones. He stopped at a normal one halfway in the hall and started fixing his hair. He made it all nice and neat, out of his face before frowning and shaking his head wildly to mess it up again. "Better. What's-" he leaned closer to the mirror.

Ghosts get bored in the afterlife. While some just want to send a message to remaining family, others.... like to have a little fun with those who can sense the paranormal. They also have two forms, their normal selves (how they looked when living) and their 'death mask' (how they looked after death). Ones who can't see the dead would see and hear nothing, but Crow saw a woman who was burned to a crisp and half her face a blackened skull jumping out of the mirror with a nail on chalkboard scream. Crow retaliated how any 'normal' person would in any horror film, scream like a chick and run like hell. He ran out of the house and halfway out of the carnival before stopping for breath. He was wheezing, his asthma kicking in as he bent over, hands on his knees, gasping for breath too scared to pull out his inhaler in his jacket pocket.

((First dead encounter and a hint at romance wink.gif ))

: ' D <33 oh no friend pls do not die ))

Dan pulled back in shock from when Crow first touched him, unused to such forward physical action, but he quickly realised his mistake and allowed the other to lead him in, gulping.

"Edward Crowllen," he replied. "Oh, I'm sure all the girls will just throw themselves at you. You have your pick of the lot already, and you haven't even bitten anyone yet." A pause. "Have you?"

At Crow's words, he slowly blinked open his eyes, surprised. "Thanks," he murmured, unsure how to express his gratitude that Crow had lead him successfully through everything without as much as a headache.

"The next part is the best!" Dan watched as Crow started forwards, waving excitedly, and a small smile etched onto his features.

"The hall of mirrors!"

Then he took off, running through the maze of zig-zagged mirrors in various shapes. Dan followed along at a much slower pace, taking his sweet time with the walking. He was occupying himself with watching one of the funnier twist mirrors when he suddenly heard a scream, and Dan snapped his head up just in time to see Crow all but bolt outside. Knowing the other and his asthma well enough, Dan immediately took flight, mouthing a sorry at the scared attendant.

"Crow!" he called just as he saw the male come to a stop, wheezing. "You alright? What happened?"

Crow wheezed. "Saw..... something... startled me.." He fished out his inhaler and shook it, taking two puffs and breathing deeply once again. He slowly moved over to a nearby bench and sat down on it looking forward at nothing. His face white, eyes hidden behind his hair, although they would've looked like a broken hollow China doll one touch away from caving in. He was silent for a long while. "No...." He said softly breaking the silence he kept. "I haven't bitten any girls, I think their cute but the two times in middle school I did date, something startled me and they thought I was pranking them or just plain strange. Never went out after that. I flirt, that's all I do." His voice unnaturally quite. Another moment of silence.

He finally felt composed enough to look at his friend. "How long did it take you to come up with Edward crowllen?" He asked with a small smile. "Besides, you're the popular one with the elegant clothes and I just look like the goth grunge band wannabe. In the words of ZZ top, every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man." He picked off a piece of lint from Dan's shoulder. "Next week is a three day weekend, would you like to go camping with me? I can use a vaca."

Dan watched with a ceased brow, the only sign of his concern for the other. "Ah," he replied, unsure what else to say. How could it be that the only person to comfort Crow had to be him, who was utterly incompetent at words . . . ?

You deserve someone better.

He waited until the other seemed calmer, shoulders relaxing. At his question, Dan shrugged.

"Spur of the moment," he replied, then thought at the other's follow-up words.

"Even if that were true," he shot a glance at his friend, "which it is not, by the way--I don't swing that way. So unlucky them."

The other looked away as Crow casually picked lint off, eyes flickering. "I--er--sure. Why not."

What could go wrong? It would be nice to be away from family, friends, and the city life for a couple days, after all.

"Every if that where true, which it is not, by the way--I don't swing that way. So unlucky them."

A small smirk curled his right snake bite piercing when he heard this. "Good. At least I don't have to hear from you that my mom's a milf. Et quia te amo.." He said in Latin and added in Greek, "Και δεν υπάρχει ανταγωνισμός" He got up like he didn't say anything unusual. "Alright, let's go tell our parental units what's going on next weekend. And use some of these tickets on the games. I may win you a panda." He grinned and pulled him up looking around. "Now where.. oh! They're on the one boat ride through the tunnels thing. They should be done by now. Then we gotta find yours.." He went back into the carnival and looked around for the "boat ride thing".

((Translation: And I love you. (Greek) there's no competition smile.gif))

"Good. At least I don't have to hear from you that my mom's a milf."

Dan blinked, shrugging slightly. "Of course not. That's disturbing--if your friends do that, I'd consider getting better ones."

The male tucked his hands into his pockets, staring at the ground as his mind awkwardly attempted to come up with something to say. At the sudden foreign words, he blinked before processing.

" . . . what?"

Shrugging it off to another of Crow's strange antics, the male paused before agreeing to his friend's suggested plan, though he crossed his arms at the mention of said panda.

"I-I don't need any panda," he murmured, hardly convincingly. "Use your tickets for yourself or something."

He let Crow lead the way, trailing behind. Lazy eyes scanned the crowd, and Dan kept an eye out for his parents admist the sea of heads.

"I-I don't need any panda"

"For that you're getting a panda Danni. Ah... Willow!" He called, ignoring the part about his friends. His friends where the art fanatics, they wouldn't use such vulgar language, it was really Dan's friends who said that. Willow, crow's mom was indeed gorgeous. She had a thin frame, freckled spattered porcelain skin, vibrant red hair and hazel eyes. His dad, a thin man with Sandy brown hair and brown eyes followed her over. It was hard to see how these two even met.

"There you are crow! Oh hello Dan! How have you been?" She asked with a bright smile. Crow got to the point. "Hey mom, dad, can Danni and I go camping next weekend? We'd be careful and pack bug and bear spray etcetera, etcetera.. can we?"

His parents looked at each other with a silent look and his father nodded. "I don't see why not as long as you two are okay.. and I know a spot Crow, it'll be.... better for you there. " he said mysteriously, receiving an odd look from his wife but a nod from his son. " alright dad."

Dan nodded politely to Crow's parents as they approached; he was never one for getting to know his friends' parents, but a strict upbringing had taught up basic manners. The black-haired boy listened with hidden interest at the exchange, knowing when to and not to speak.

"Then it's decided," he said quietly, once Crow's parents had departed. "We'll go camping this weekend." He made a mental note to tell his parents once they met up once again.

((ahh sorry; school has been busy ; o ; ))

((Ah yes, school started again.. forgot about that. After this want to skip to the camping?))

Crow grinned. "Sweet! I've got a tent and stuff, you bring the water and smores. Knowing my mom she'd pack most of the food including your favorite things. Now come on Danni, I'm going to get you that panda!" He sprang off and up to the booth where you throw the ball at milk jugs and used his last tickets.

He backed up, and squinted at the bottles. He threw the ball so fast it broke one of the bottles and knocked the other two stacks on either side down,- considering he only had enough for one ball and you had to knock down all three to get a big prize, this was pretty good- the man had ducked behind the counter and looked at crow shocked. "Dude, you should go on the baseball team with that arm!"

He just grinned. "I'm not really athletic. I'll take the panda, the one with the cute blue bowtie. " he got the stuff animal which was as big as his torso and handed it to Dan. "Here, as promised Danni."

eep im so sorry!!! i thought i replied but alas i am sleep deprived and also kind of an idiot : ' D my apologies!!!

and sure, if you want to skip to the camping after my reply, go ahead!! ))

Dan followed Crow, the male sighing into his hands as the other eagerly bounded ahead. What was that, just seconds ago? The Asian male had no way of understanding, and it frustrated him to a certain extent.

As he watched his friend throw a speedball straight into the bottles, the male couldn't help but smile slightly--of course. He's seen Crow's prowess when concerned with athletics, and it came as no shock to him that the other had managed to stun an entire amusement park into silence.

However, when Crow suddenly headed his way with a giant panda stuffie in his arms, the creature extending from the top of the black-haired male's head to his torso, Dan couldn't help but fixate a scowl onto his features.

"What am I going to do with this?" he sighed, nervously running his fingers through his hair. "And you?" he added as a second thought. Finally, he took the creature from Crow's grasp, staring intently at the blue bowtie wrapped neatly around his neck.

Jesus. The male was already imagining how much trouble this would be to fit into the car.

". . . thank you," he said softly, almost hoping the other wouldn't hear.

((still got the other one. i can bump it up if you want me too)

During the coarse of the week, crow could't shut up about the camping trip. Although he only spoke to Danni about it. He kept at it, calling Dan by his new found nick name.

He thought about earlier that week, as he drove to the campsite with Danni as the copilot and humming to the song that played softly in the background, the camping things in the back of the old ford pickup truck.

The popular girls, who only tolerated Crow because he was close friends with Dan, had picked up the new nickname and started to use it quite often thinking it cute. This made crow upset and he had kept asking politely if they would stop using it. They merely laughed and continued to talk ignoring him completely. On Wednesday he snapped. At lunch as the girls talked to "their Danni" about something cute he did in class, Crow in a very unCrow like way, got up and smacked his hands on the table so hard he knocked over one girl's drink. He spoke darkly and looked downright scary at the moment as he near shouted at them; "Enough! He's my best friend I've known him longer then you! You have no right to call him yours, he doesn't belong to you! Stop calling him by my nickname for him or else!" After that, the girls calmed to be haunted and sat as far away from crow as they could. they even stopped using the name.

Crow pulled onto the path from the road that was to be their camp sight for the weekend. He pulled into a clearing grinning at his friend. "We're here! can you handle the fire pit? i'll set up the tent." He got out of the truck and pulled out the cooler and dufflebag that held the food and the tent. Other items used for camping was strune in the back and a shovel. He started setting up the tent, expertly pinning it up in near record time it seemed. Today his black hair had white streaks, the white strands "naturally" occurring mutation marking him a necromancer, a clear sign to any ghosts given he hides his aura with the red jewel amulet he never was seen without, so to hide even more he colored the strands, although the dye never took, and this allowed him to change the colors often. Not that no one knew about this other then his father and uncle, who was also a necromancer, but is locked up in a mental institution.

"You need any help Danni?" He asked his buddy watching him work. "i wouldn't want you to get your nice pants all dirty!" He joked with a grin.

Dan could only raise an eyebrow in response to Crow's humming, leaning back in the carseat and closing his eyes. He wasn't carsick per se, yet the constant swaying motions of the car moving back and forth as they trekked down a road made more of dirt and stone than modern cement had made him quite dizzy.

He drifted off, unsure what to think as he listened to the silent drumming of the car's engine moving and Crow's humming alongside him. Thinking back to what had happened earlier this week unsettled the Asian male to say the least, yet he was never one to show much of what he thought. Granted, his 'fangirls', as Crow liked to refer to them as, were never fun company; Dan had no idea why they continued to cling to him despite all odds--he had never encouraged such behaviour, heavens no. And now with the nickname . . .

The male didn't know what to think. The entire situation was complicated, and yet there was a certain something inside of him at being called Crow's 'best friend'. They had never addressed what exactly their relationship was, and the Asian male was naive enough to be content to simply let it be for the moment. And now that such words had actually left his friend's lips . . . it left a certain confused, yet relieved turmoil inside of Dan's heart.

The panda was sitting on his bed, back at home, of course.

Speaking of bed . . . Dan thought to how comforting it would be if he could sleep on his mattress currently as he stumbled from the car, glad to leave it behind. Inhaling once to relax and draw himself back together, he nodded a response to Crow's direction and set about working on the fire pit as needed, crouching down and slipping his small backpack from his shoulders as he did so.

He rolled his eyes, chuckling faintly. "I'll be fine," he responded. "Honestly, your fashion sense is better than mine anyday." He looked with disdain down at his simple dress shirt and jeans.