Nanashi

1x1 maybe?

Rose lifted the knife in her hand in response, realizing he probably didn't notice it. ”One step ahead of you,” she responded, appearing to not be paying attention to the birds- Something one of them noticed. They flew at her, but barely batting an eye, the human sliced it's chest lightly, turning her full attention to it and ending it's life with a well-placed slice to the throat before it tried to attack again. She seemed oddly calm, a sort that was definitely practiced. And fake. It seemed to work for her not freaking out over ending something's life, though. Unlike Mosi, she didn't attempt to provoke the creatures, instead waiting for them to come to her and remaining more defensive than offensive.

Muttering something about careless cats, Llyr quickly took care of the harpy that was on Mosi's back, sending a glare her way for being so reckless. Again. Honestly, he wasn't aware a person could be this reckless... And still be alive, that is. Without a word, he set to work getting rid of whatever harpies he could, almost thankful for his years of practice. Almost. However, he both had basically shut himself off from most emotions at the moment and still disliked some details of his previous 'job' enough that he was, to put it simply, unable to feel completely grateful for anything in it. Ignoring both his slight injuries and the slight rumble of sorts that the dagger made whenever it hit it's target, he kept his mind and eyes focused on the battle.

Ashen's red eyes lit up with- Not quite fury, no. More... Sinister mischief, you could say. The kind that made you know to avoid the fox because you might not end up surviving his newest 'prank'. ”Oh? And why not ever seek revenge?” he asked. A grin could be heard in his voice, though not seen on his physical form. ”Playing good boy will only get you so far, after all. Or, if you don't want to get your hands dirty... I'd be more than glad to help.” He usually went for a more subtle approach, but he had nothing to lose here. Besides, the naga didn't seem to realize that the kistune was not a pet, and that he shouldn't be trusted. As fun as it was to break their trust, the snake was... Too trusting in the fox. It bothered him, how easily he trusted him, a trickster, who was known for leading travellers astray(though usually physically and not mentally or emotionally), without even seeming to realize it. ”As for me being nice... Your friend over there might attempt to rip my face off if I so much as burnt a hair on your head.” Okay, he could have worded that better, but it was the first thing to come to mind.

((Ashen is a bad influence.))

Ryu smacked aside harpies with his tail, clawing at the ones that got to close to him.

Mosi had only a few scratches on her, quickly healing ones at that. Thank goodness for her shifter blood. She leapt at the ones who went for the reaper's unprotected back and quickly disposed of them.

Xipilli showed the tips of three of his six upper fangs. "I detest violence, but I'm down for revenge. The last little fox who repeatedly gave me false numbers leading me on and playing me for a sap... well.... nagi have unusual anatomy. Let's say he had three days in my iron hard first stomach to think on his actions. The most embarrassing part for him was the fact I had to hack him up like a hair ball. He learned his lesson not to mess with me. I take affection seriously. Any games ....down the hatch you go. He said softly. He lashed his tail at a harpy, the force and the volcanic glass knife ring on the end completely displaced her head.

Between the four of them(as Xipilli and Ashen were mostly staying out of the battle), the harpies were taken care of fairly quick. Only one or two remained, and they had fled as soon as they realized that if they stuck around they were dead, flying to... Wherever. They were bound to die sooner or later, anyways, so what was the point in going after them? Rose let out a sigh, noticing her hands were shaking as she sheathed the borrowed knife. Llyr, on the other hand, completely ignored his array of scratches he likely couldn't feel, and set to work cutting the souls out of the harpies, as odd as it sounded, and collecting the ones that were already out. The only sign he was actually gathering the souls and not just grabbing at air was the fact that the dagger and his hand would both light up with a dim glow. After a few moments, he released his hold on the dagger, almost as if he was going to drop it; However, rather than fall, it simply vanished. "We better get going before something else comes here seeking the source of the blood," he said, deciding to leave his 'lecture' for later. Without waiting for the others yet again, he began walking. Rose, of course, followed, as she didn't know what else to do, and didn't feel like being attacked by whatever would come to the area next.

"That's not much fun. Besides, why would you let him go? You could have-" He cut himself off as he realized that it'd be a bad idea to continue what he was going to say, and after just a moment of re-wording his sentence, continued as if he hadn't stopped. "Gotten a promise out of him. We tend to stick to promises if you can manage to get us to promise you something." He paused. "...Don't see why he wouldn't boil you from the inside out, though. Maybe he wasn't skilled enough? Wouldn't surprise me." As he said that, he shifted his tails, causing a single flame to appear in the air. Without even giving it a glance, he directed it to a harpy that had been avoiding the fight on purpose, appearing to be injured. The flame spread unnaturally quick along it's feathers, causing it to let out a scream that mingled with the other harpies' screeches. Only then did he actually glance over at it, his eyes reflecting the merciless blue flames momentarily before he turned his attention back to Xipilli. "And possession would be out of the question, I guess." His expression turned the closest to a grimace a fox was capable of, before turning back to normal. "Oh, and I guess there's the law. Right. Forgot about that. We're not allowed to kill people anymore. Or anything of the sort. Okay, it makes sense now." He nodded as he figured it out. "Anyways, kid, don't date kitsune. We are some of the best wives out there, yes, but we live up to our 'trickster' name. You either get the amazing wives, like my brother, or you get the ones who will just possess you and leave you far, far away from home, with your house in ruins and your children gone. Usually after humiliating you. ...That's a bit less common then the former though." He laughed, before noticing that the others had finished their battle of sorts. Shifting his size to a bit smaller, allowing him to slip out of the snake's arms more easily, he changed into his more human form before catching up to the human, slipping an arm around her shoulder casually and earning a surprised squeak from her. "Oh! You're like a mouse!" he said with a grin. "Small, cute, and squeaky!" His grin darkened. "And I'm sure you're tasty like one, too," he added in a sing-song voice. "W-Wh- Ashen!" she managed to squeak out, slipping out from under his arm and hiding behind Ryu. The fox laughed. "Ryu~ Don't you agree that she's adorable?" he asked, grinning widely.

"He did, but I'm cold blooded and heat inside just got me cachondo. " He said softly with a mischievous smile. "No doubt you can posses me, but keep in mind, I have protection charms on me. It may backfire on you. Why use the term wife when you can be a enamorado y esposo"? He inquired following the fox.

Ryu curled his tail around the human. "Enough. I'd rather focuse on getting out of here then whatever you have planned. He said flatly, not even touching the question. Dragons.. well Asian lungs can't lie. He did find her tiny and cute... but this was life or death. His claws were covered in blood, so was his favorite shirt and tie. His jacket still hung around the woman and he raised his body temperature seeing her shaking. He was very worried about her sanity here. Taking a life isn't easy. It certainly wasn't easy for him either but he was a half breed child of two things that never should cross. He has seen things that normal monsters would freak out from, he can only imagine what it could be like for her.

Mosi kept up with Llyr turning human once her wounds healed. "Yeah yeah yeah. I'm reckless. You don't need to say it I've been told many times. I can't help it. I'm a damned apex predator. I was literally born a cougar, so that side is stronger. Save your little spew for later. Has it ever occurred to you that I perhaps can't feel a damned thing and is so reckless because of it?" She said to the reaper.

"Aww, come on! I have nothing up my sleeves for once! See?" The sleeves of Ashen's kimono suddenly vanished. "Well, now I don't have sleeves, but you get the point! It was an innocent question," he added after a moment, his sleeves appearing once again. Turning his attention back to the snake, Ashen's grin widened at what Xipilli said. Although he wasn't the most fluent in other languages(okay, minus Latin, which he was better at for reasons he'd rather not share), he knew more than enough to understand the snake. "Oh, because it's a hobby of most of us to take on a female form and seduce men, so therefore we're wives usually," he explained, waving his hand dismissively. "...Also, I never said I'd be possessing you, as tempting as it is. Haven't learned that yet, though. Slower than the rest for that. And isn't there a saying that goes something along the lines of 'where there's a will there's a way'?" He grinned, flicking a tail.

"Has it ever occurred to you that reapers can't feel much at all and yet we're still cautious?" Llyr snapped back. "We deal with thousands of people trying to kill us per day as we collect souls, and yet we neither kill them or fail to do the job, with barely a scratch. We don't act without thinking. And yet, even if one of us lost an arm, the pain would at the very least be half of what most would feel," he continued, eyes narrowing. "And that's not because it'd cause trouble if we acted recklessly. No, we could probably get away with it if we did. And neither is it because we don't heal as fast as some of you, though we still heal faster than humans. It's because we're aware that people will worry if we injure ourselves, and that even those of us who don't feel anything can die, leaving behind those who love us." He hadn't looked at her even once during his rant of sorts, and as soon as he finished, his expression turned back to it's usual neutral state, a perfect poker face.

Rose paused as she felt Ryu's temperature change, remembering what he said earlier. "Ah... Ryu? It's okay, I'm not cold. Just..." She paused, searching for the right words to explain herself. "...Not used to killing anything." She offered a weak smile, before turning her attention back to the fox, a thought coming to mind. "...Ashen?" The male let out a hum in response, turning to face the woman, now walking backwards. She hesitated before speaking again. "From what I've heard about kitsune, you'd be the oldest out of us all, so... Would you know any stories or anything of that sort?" The fox raised an eyebrow, though his grin never disappeared. Lifting his legs off the ground, he began floating rather than walking, sitting cross-legged in the air. "Don't look so surprised, mousey! This isn't the hardest thing to do, though I'm not able to get quite as high up as some of them. Hmm, a story, though? I know plenty! But not many with a 'happy' ending." He used his hands to make quotation marks around 'happy', grinning even wider at her surprised expression when he began floating. The only reason he hadn't used it before was because he disliked it usually. "...I don't mind. Could you tell us one?" she asked. "Maybe. How about a trade? You let me do one thing to you- nothing bad, I swear, and besides, I'd have to deal with a few angry creatures if it was- and I'll tell you one. Deal?" She hesitated again, but it was obvious to the fox she was contemplating it. "Deal." His grin darkened. "Great!" It brightened again. "I'll decide on it later! Now then, a story, hmm? Let's see, which one doesn't end too badly?" He paused, thinking.

Edited by seacatsmew

Xipilli sighed. No use in continuing the argument.

Mosi was silent for a long while. "My own family hates me. As I said, I'm more cat then human. Cats are so honest it's brutal. I can't stand sugar coating anything and being sweet like you human friend. "You are what you eat" ... I can't taste anything sweet, so I like bitter things. Therefore, I'm bitter. My own twin lives two cities away. Mum chased me out at fourteen, she had enough of me. Been on my own ever since. So I don't see the point of being cautious, where if I die.... well, I bet they wouldn't be surprised if I do. I can't imagine my mother crying over my body. " she said simply, like she's said it before and she too had no expression on her face.

Ryu frowned. "compared to my mom he's a child. Just because he's the oldest doesn't mean he knows more stories. I know you aren't used to killing anything, heat helps with shock...." He glared bbc.co at the fox, not liking the deal he made with the woman.

"I never said it'd be your family that cries over your death," Llyr responded, his tone calm once more. He glanced at Xipilli as his way of explaining, returning his gaze to ahead of him after a moment. "And no one who's sane speaks ill of the dead, unless they have a valid reason." 'Valid' being 'not because they hate their guts'. "Honesty is neither a virtue or a vice, same with falsity. It's what you do with it that decides your fate."

Noticing that the snake had dropped the topic, Ashen's grin widened to a size that humans shouldn't be capable of. Or shapeshifters. However, it was strictly because he was a shapeshifter that he could alter his appearance in such a way to smile that wide. However, what Ryu said brought a pout to his face. "I'll have you know I've meddled with enough lives to have a fair amount of stories! And that you should be nicer to your elders, especially when they're only... One... Two... Three-hundred-something." A smirk appeared. "Besides, you're talking to a kitsune. Very intelligent tricksters, that we are! I may be only three-tails-old, but that doesn't mean I'm brainless!" "Could have fooled me." "Hey! Mister Grumpy Pants, I wasn't talking to you!" the fox yelped, glancing over his shoulder with a pout at the reaper. He earned a shake of the head, but not a glance. "Fine, be that way! Anyways! You wanted a story, right?" His playfulness returned along with a smirk. "Um, yes." "Alright! Now, children, either keep quiet and listen or keep quiet and tune me out." He inhaled before beginning.

"It was, let's see, a hundred years ago or so that it began. There were three foxes; One of flames, one of sounds, and one of time. Both the flame fox and the sound fox tended to be a bit mischievous, although the sound fox wasn't quite as... Harmless with her tricks as the flame fox was. The time fox, on the other hand, wasn't either good or bad, something that was practically unheard of- They were neutral. For a few years, the three got along the best that they could, the time fox meditating between the flame and the sound whenever their fights got too out of hand. But as a few years passed, the sound fox began to meddle in the flame fox's plans. Mess them up, leave hints that it was him and not her whenever she herself 'pranked' someone, et cetera. As this happened, she also began developing new abilities... And putting them to bad use, in the time fox's opinion. Appearing in dreams to turn them to nightmares, crating illusions so powerful that they couldn't tell reality from dreams... Manipulating lullabies to put them to sleep when they refused, to render them defenseless enough to possess their bodies while their mind was busy. She began causing trouble- Too much, in fact, that if something wasn't done quickly, the other two would be found out. So, in the forest they usually met, the flame fox and the time fox made a plan.

Kitsunes are supernatural creatures, of course, and certain supernatural creatures can be bound to places, people, things. They can be sealed away, and exorcised- Though, exorcism doesn't work that well. Usually, it only succeeds in getting them out of a human body they've possessed. Anyways, in order to keep her from messing everything up, they decided to bind her to the forest. She wouldn't be allowed to leave, and her abilities wouldn't be able to get past the border... Which means no luring people in with her songs. No one would be able to see her from outside, either. It was a complex seal, but between the two foxes, they managed to convince a few others. A few others being a witch, a sorcerer, and a eight-tailed fox. With the witch and the sorcerer supplying the seal, the eight-tailed fox supplying power for it, the time fox making sure that illusions kept them from sight, and the flame fox luring the sound fox in, it was a well-thought out plan... One that succeeded. However, in the sound fox's rage, she managed to kill the sorcerer, fatally injure the witch, scar the eight-tailed fox, and injure the time and the flame foxes. In the end, two lives were lost keeping the fox from continuing playing her cruel tricks on the helpless. To this day, the sound fox still remains trapped in the forest! So does the time fox, though they tend to travel out much more often than the sound, since, you know, she's stuck there. Oh! And the flame fox is me, in case you didn't realize it!"

Rose was silent for a few moments. "...As interesting as that was, your storytelling skills aren't the best," she said after a moment. "I'm a fox, mouse, not a storyteller."

Edited by seacatsmew

"My mom is five thousand years your senior... " He said before his story.

Mosi also looked at the snake sadly. "He would.... He only has me as a friend. Only one who really tolerates me...... well, Gandalf... thanks for that mind riddle." she said, tuning out the Fox's story.

"That's not a story! The best are the old legends. Here, I'll tell my favorite one. Called the Bride of the Lindorm King. I'd shorten it a little bit for you. It goes like this :

Many centuries ago, in Sweden, a queen lay in her bedchamber about to give birth to twins. This very moment was a answer to her prayers, having longed to conceive a child. Earlier that year, she had consulted a soothsayer who said she would produce two handsome sons, provided only if she ate two fresh onions when she returned to the palace that day. Delighted for such a promise, she rushed back right way taking the advice-although bizarre- to heart and ignoring the rest of what the soothsayer's words as she left.

Upon arrival at her place, she ordered two onions brought to her. Excited by the prospect of having two sons, she ate the first onion without even stopping to peel the skins from it. Not surprisingly, it was disgusting, so she took her time carefully peeling the second onion before eating it as well.

Nine months later, she gave birth to the first of the twins. Outside the chamber, courtiers waited on the announcement of the princes when a shriek of shear terror came from a midwife inside the room. The queen had birthed a Lindorm, a hideous snake like Dragon, who's wingless body thrashed on the marble floor in scaly coils, and from who's shoulders sprung powerful limbs with taloned feet.

The queen, repulsed by such a creature she didn't even utter a sound as she reached down and picked up the creature throwing out of the window into the woods that sounded the palace. She then gave birth to a healthy fair haired bright eyed baby boy after throwing the Dragon out of the window.

Years passed, and the young Prince searched for a bride. He was riding on the edge of the dark wood when, without warning, a huge head came out of a bush in front of him. The large green scaled beast gazed at the Prince with piercing Amber eyes, and told his younger sibling in his cold reptilian voice, that he would never find a bride until he, the eldest, obtained the true love of a willing bride. .....

Should I continue or is everyone board now?" He asked

Xipilli looked rather interested in this story, the Dragon being a excellent story teller.

((This is a real story I am getting out of a book about dragons that has tales around the world about different dragons from the Chinese lung to the Aztecs and western Dragons. Even ones in Africa. It's really cool and yes this is my favorite! smile.gif ))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((It's interesting! o.o (And Ashen has possibly ruined my chances of hearing the rest of it because of unpredictable characters doing what they want to.)))

"But is she anywhere near as skilled? I doubt it," Ashen grumbled, shapeshifting his form into Rose's form this time and successfully startling the human as he did so. He sent a grin that looked terribly out of place on the woman's body her way, causing her to jump, because she didn't think that she'd ever smile like... That. 'That' being a grin that screamed 'run now'. A voice in her head reminded her that she had said that he could do something to her, and she shivered involuntarily at the thought.

The reaper decided not to reply to what she called him. Or speak at all, frankly, which wasn't all that surprising. Besides, she didn't actually ask him what he meant, so she likely didn't actually want to know, so he wouldn't bother explaining. ...Which honestly just seemed like an overly complicated way of convincing himself he didn't have to speak at all. He tuned out the Lung's story, having no real interest in stories like that. Or stories like the one that Ashen was telling, but that might have been also because he wasn't the fox's biggest fan.

Rose listened to Ryu's story more than she listened to Ashen's. The kitsune, on the other hand, had his- her, actually, seeing as the fox was still in Rose's form- arms crossed with a pout once more, still floating cross-legged in the air. Her sort of bad mood grew when she noticed that Xipilli seemed more interested in that story than hers. "That's because real life isn't the stuff from fairy tales, Sir Grumpy No-Pants," Ashen-Rose grumbled, before a smirk appeared. "...You know, your looks aren't half bad, but you'd look even better if you actually smiled more often. Although I'm sure there's other expressions that would look even better on you... Maybe I'll have to find out eventually," the shapeshifter said, 'standing' up and floating an inch off the ground. Rather quickly, she moved to the dragon and the human, pulling the woman away from him and picking her up, carrying the smaller lady like one would a princess. It was easy to notice the differences between them then- Ashen had modified Rose's appearance to suit the fox's more... Flirtatious personality. With a smirk on their copied face, their eyes seemed to be a tad darker than the woman's reddish-brown. They also happened to be three inches taller than the human. On the other hand, Rose was holding onto the fox for dear life, looking incredibly flustered at what just happened and reminding the fox of a mouse yet again. Or prey that had just been cornered by the hunter. "A-Asheeen!" she managed to get out, flushing a deeper shade when the shapeshifter simply let out a happy-sounding squeal and squeezed the female closer. "Mouse, you're so adorable!" the fox squealed, her voice only a bit deeper than Rose's. "H-Hey! ...Er, Ryu, please ignore this... This whatever it is. Nonsense? Um, anyways, can you continue the story?" she asked, struggling to escape the kitsune, who floated out of the dragon's reach after realizing he might try to take her from her. As soon as the human realized how far they were from the ground, her grip tightened on the fox instead.

((He's at it again.))

Edited by seacatsmew

Ryu was floating centimeters from the ground but keeping the pretence of walking while giving his sore back talons a break, seeing how the Fox's ability wasn't affected, perhaps if he hovered it would work. Meanwhile Xipilli glared jealously at the woman and snorted moving quickly ahead of the group.

"Now Now foxy..." He said softly with a soft smile. He did indeed look handsome. "the lady likes my story best, now hush..." He chided clearing his throat, floating more off the ground as he continued the tale.

"Over the next few months, many maidens was given to the Dragon, but none were willing, so he refused each one. Until..... one day, the next maiden selected to be the Bride had the luck of meeting the same soothsayer the queen had. He listened to her fears of that night and told her something that whisked away all her fear and replaced the worried expression with a smile.

That very night she was presented to the Lindorm, who gruffly told her to take off the surprising number of dresses she had on. She agreed only if he promised to shed one skin for each dress she stripped from herself.

He kept this promise until she stood in a final shift. This she took off too, and stood before him bare and helpless. Fear crept into her thoughts as the Lindorm, almost tenderly, coiled around her. Expecting the scales to feel cold and slimy, she was startled to find them warm and soft. Looking about she saw that this last layer of skin was almost translucent as it too began to peel away. At the same time, a mist enveloped the Lindorm until she found..."

At this he moved lightning fast and sprung at the fox, lightly coiled around rose and batting the fox away with his tail. His back talons gripped her waist firm but gentle, his tail coiled a chair for her legs and his scaly middle coils around her middle as he held her suspended in the air. It would be impossible to extract her from his smooth miltihued jade scales and soft silvery plumes as smooth as the finest silk. He bore a toothy grin at the fox, showing two thin snake like fangs fixed in place on his upper jaw, two sharp lower fangs. Where molers would be on the upper jaw, two thick curved teeth protruded from his lips, giving insight on why he spoke like he had cotton balls wedged in the back of his mouth.

"That when the mist disappeared, a handsome young man stood beside her and his arms were around her. A joyous celebration and a wedding ensued as the old king and queen looked on at their successors, a tap on the old queens shoulder brought her attention to the soothsayer, who told her what she missed all those years ago---- to be sure to peel both onions before eating them." He ended. "My mother would joke she ate one fourth of the onion peeled for me. He looked down at rose in his coils, hiding his back fangs once more and giving her a tender smile.

"We should rest. I can tell xe hurts and is tired, I'm wary too. We should rest for a moment before we continue any further.

Rose could literally feel Xipilli's glare, and shivered. It wasn't her choice to be picked up by some random, flirtatious kitsune who seemed to have a habit of ticking off anyone he could and flustering the rest! Ashen-Rose followed her glance and grinned wider as she saw Xipilli going ahead, quickly putting the pieces together before returning her own gaze to Ryu. "Theeereee's a smile! Rose, don't you agree he looks better with one?" the shapeshifter asked. The human only muttered something inaudible, instead opting to hide her face behind her hands. However, as soon as he continued the story, she slowly moved her hands to watch him, spellbound by his storytelling. Much to Ashen's chagrin. The shapeshifter had heard much better stories, told by much better storytellers, who also had better personalities in her opinion. Though, that might have been because they were jealous of all the attention that the dragon was getting. Distracted, it made it a lot easier for Ryu to pull the girl from her arms. However, he returned the dragon's grin with a smirk of his own, changing back to his normal human-ish form, the familiar ears and tails sprouting from his body. He'd let the dragon keep the woman for now. After all, he still had a deal with her, and he hadn't yet claimed his side of it. And he'd make sure that Ryu didn't interfere. After all, she had agreed, no tricks involved, and a deal was a deal.

Rose, on the other hand, let out a small squeak when she was suddenly pulled away, silently cursing herself when she did so. She had to admit to herself though that it felt a lot safer like this than in the fox's arms. Probably because Ashen seemed like the kind of person- animal?- that would drop someone on purpose. Or pretend to, at least. ...Ryu, on the other hand, didn't seem like he would. She looked up at him after the initial shock wore off, luckily not missing any of the story. "...I can't say I disagree," she mumbled, barely loud enough to be heard, before giving Ryu a shy smile in return.

Llyr nodded, turning towards the three still behind them. "We're taking a break," he... Not quite shouted. More announced loud enough that they could hear him, but still quiet enough that anyone farther away couldn't hear. Without waiting for a response(although he received a "'Kay' from the fox almost immediately after speaking), he turned away, pausing for a moment. "...Between all of you, I'm not sure who's going to be worst to travel with," he deadpanned. "Blackbird, are you saying something mean about us again?" he heard the fox whine from behind him. "Apparently Ashen is." "Hey!"

Xipilli collapsed at the word "rest" laying unmoving, where he stopped. "I know I'm not the best company, but I'm not cold hearted.." she stated flatly to the reaper before heading to the snake, undoing his belt and necklace and rubbing his back lightly. She murmurs in Spanish softly to the snake, who still looked paler then normal and red eyed from crying. He was in pain, lost his best friend, and stuck in a place with no way out. He was breaking. One could see it in his shaking back and the way his fingernails dug in the ground. Xipilli was too kind hearted and good natured to endure such treatment.

A different side of Mosi reared its head from her. She sat down beside him, speaking softly, her touch tender. If she hadn't announced that he was gay before they where thrown down here, her actions would seem almost intimate with the Naga. She lay down beside him and held him too her so he can have some warmth as she petted his hair singing softly in Navajo.

Ryu floated over to the others, setting rose down and curled around her. It was hard to get her out without disturbing the Dragon as he hummed softly, and a bit musically, in his chest as he slept for a little while.

Llyr said nothing, instead walking over to Ryu to check on Rose, who had seemed more than a little shaken up. She glanced up at him from where she was in the dragon's coils, sending him a slightly relieved smile when she realized it wasn't the fox. "You're not injured as, ah, as badly as I thought," she noted in a quiet voice as to not wake the male sleeping around her. "They healed. Yourself?" "I'm fine. Barely a scratch." The reaper nodded in response. "...Why don't you go see if you can help Mosi or... Keep an eye on Ashen? I don't think I'm going to be moving anytime soon." "I'm bad with comforting, and you know that. Ashen... I'm not even going to try." The female nodded in understanding as the reaper settled in front of the woman, a few feet from the sleeping male.

Ashen, unlike everything else, it seemed, didn't feel any real attachment to anyone. Ryu was sleeping around Rose, and Llyr was currently walking to the mouse to probably talk. The naga and the werepuma were currently... Well, the naga was a mess, and the werepuma was trying to help. As for the himself? He had landed somewhere between the two 'groups', and was humming to himself, crouched over a pile of bones he had found and poking through them. Frowning when he found that the skull was broken, he stood up, brushing the dirt off of his clothes, the humming never stopping. Eventually, though, the song ended. He changed to another with only a small pause, his eyes scanning the area as he tried to figure out what to do next that wouldn't end with everyone getting too mad at him. Or hurting him. Although he could heal himself, he'd hate to lose his entertainment. As he thought, he checked to make sure that his star ball was still in his hidden pocket. Pleased to find it was, he returned to his searching.

Ryu's back talons moved and tapped a spot on his jacket still around the girl. "inside pocket. Herbs and Phoenix tears in a small first aid kit. A Dragon always carries one. Use it on the snake. Wolf's bane leaves on the wounds and one small drop on the largest wound. That should heal him nicely. He said softly as he adjusted and fell asleep again.

Xipilli whimpers in the silence between him and Mosi as she held the snake. "We'll bust this joint. You'll see. Just stay with me a little longer. Okay?" "El kitsune es correcto. No hay esperanza. ¡nunca vamos a salir de aquí!" He cried.

((the kitsune is right. There is no hope. We will never get out of here!))

Rose jumped slightly when Ryu moved. Fumbling slightly with the overly-large jacket, she pulled it out, handing it to Llyr. "Thanks," he said to the dragon, figuring he'd probably hear it, before rising from where he had momentarily settled, heading to Mosi and Xipilli. He tapped the cat's shoulder lightly, handing it to her after he had gotten her attention. "Ryu says wolf's bane on the wounds, small drop of phoenix tears of the largest," he said, glancing at the snake as he did so before returning his gaze to the female.

Ashen heard 'kitsune' be said by the snake and stopped his humming, listening more intently. It was a pain to translate it from this distance, but he managed, sneaking up from behind the reaper. "Now then, I don't believe I said anything of the sort. The contrary, actually. I've been saying 'when we get out' this whole time, not 'if we get out', right?" he corrected with a grin, glancing over his injured form. "Now, calm down. You're going to make your wounds even worse. And trust me when I say we don't want that." His grin turned a touch darker when he said that. "...Although you may look just as good injured, death isn't something that looks good on many people. Miiinus vampires, but they're undead so... They aren't technically dead?" He paused. "Okay, the point is, calm down." Llyr continued to ignore the male fox who was now leaning on his shoulder.

Edited by seacatsmew

Mosi took the packet when the fox came up. She grabbed him and dragged him away with a snarl. "Don't you ****ing dare tell him to calm down! Why do you care a flying censorkip.gif if he dies down here? We are toys, nothing more to you then expendable entertainment. Grow a heart and look at him. He's slipping, breaking mentality. He'd be lucky not to end up in a institution after this, and you're not helping. Keep your trap shut and censorkip.gif off you damned half breed basterd muttfaced dog!" she shoved him away and went back to Xipilli, tending to his wounds. She calmed him after he screamed when the bane was on him and the tears where applied.

((Mosi has a very low fuse and is running on fumes now. Ashen.... everyone but the snake hates you. Please don't burn that bridge))

Xipilli lay whimpering and shaking. His wounds burned worse, but that ment the treatment was working. He just wished it didn't have to hurt so much. He felt like his mussels where on fire.

((The bad thing is that after I read that, all I heard from somewhere in the back of my mind, in a really quiet voice, was "I'll think about it." ...Ashen stop being a jerk before someone drowns you.

He should start behaving himself though possibly? I mean he's got everyone ticked off basically and that seems to have been his goal. (My characters have never been able to be controlled completely by me so I don't know but.)))

Ashen's grin widened even more when Mosi got mad at him. It had been so long since someone had gotten that mad at him, he had forgotten what it was like! ...Okay, maybe that was a good thing, but hey, it was Ashen we were talking about here. "Oh, but I hate seeing my toys broken by anyone- or anything- but me. And last time I checked, I haven't yet burnt a hair on any of your heads," he responded, red eyes gleaming after she shoved him. His hand was soon stained red by a knife the reaper threw. He let out a yelp. "Those are apparently much sharper than they look," he growled as his hand began 'regenerating'. It wasn't really regenerating, he was just changing his form so that his hand was fine. He wiggled his fingers now that he could actually control his hand properly, wincing at the numbness and the faint pain that lingered. Now, while he didn't mind pain too much, that didn't change the fact that it hurt. And now he was woozy, great. And slightly ticked off. He actually attempted to help, after all, although he could have made it even worse if he honestly wanted to, and all he got in return was an injured hand(and a ton of curses sent his way, which wasn't much compared to the actual curses placed on him). Taking a deep breath in because he knew his flames got uncontrollable when he was angry and the tips of his fingers were already getting unnaturally hot, he decided to go kill his anger off by, well, picking fights with whatever he could find. It's not like anyone would miss them. Mind made up, he left as quietly as possible. Not that anyone would care if they noticed, but they might get suspicious, and having someone follow him was the last thing he needed.

After he had gotten a distance away, he found a small group of what seemed to be vampires feeding on a body. Letting his grin appear once again, he lifted himself off of the ground in order to appear even more intimidating, a blue flame spread up his arms from his fingertips, drawing the vampires' attention as it spread along his body until he was more flame than fox. "What have we here?" he practically purred, causing some of the vampires flinch as, though sunlight didn't necessarily burn them, fire definitely did. But fire burned a lot of things. Something that the vampires weren't foolish enough to forget as they sort of... Tried to back away. But a wall blocked their path. "Now, now... I just want to have a bit of fun!" he chirped, floating closer. "...Of course, that doesn't mean it'll be fun for you," he added, his grin becoming a lot more sinister.

...The vampires, long story short, did not survive his wrath. Or his flames. And Ashen felt less like he'd incinerate the next person who touched him, now back to humming to himself. Which, as he slowly returned to the group, grew in volume until it was at the normal volume one might hum at.

Llyr remained in place, more similar to a stone statue than an actual, living creature. He... Well, he had never seen someone actually save someone's life. His former job always involved taking them. And after that, it involved cooking, which didn't really fit into saving or killing, but the point still stood. Sure, he knew how to save early deaths from being completed, but this was different, and a lot more interesting than shoving a soul back into a body. So he simply watched the two.

Edited by seacatsmew

"Nice throw." she said softly as the snake slept. "where did you get rid of your scythe? Did any reapers know about it? I'm trying to figure out who framed us. If we find it out here, we can prove our innocence when we get out. I have an alibi already for mine and two ideas of women more insane and reckless then I am..... if that's even possible..... and I think I know who got..... got...." she looks at Xipilli. "She was my friend too, but he was really close to her. They were almost like brother and sister. I think I know who got to her...." She said quietly.

Ryu shifted a little murmuring. "You sleep too.. ... hmmm... smell nice like Jasmine....." He hummed musically in his sleep, his silky tail tuft brushing her cheek tenderly. His back claws still around her waist. He took impossibility large breaths and purred as he let out the air, sounding like Toothless.

"A lot did. Reapers leaving the... Whatever you want to call it, isn't a common occurrence, so news of it spreads like wildfire. And scythes are a pain to destroy. They're given to the person who forges them in the first place so that they can be melted down again, so it could have been anyone." Llyr watched as the knife he had thrown, currently laying discarded on the ground, dissolved into two souls which both returned to him. "And jealousy is highly unlikely. I was average for a reaper. They'd have to have skipped souls if they were below." He paused. "...You know, if we're seen by anyone from the Council when we get out, we're probably getting sent back here. We'd have to find a safe house of some sort. Unless you'd like to return to this place."

Rose jumped yet again, slightly, as Ryu spoke. And then... Wait, was he purring? She smiled as the sound happened again. Funny that, in a place filled with monsters and bones, there were still things that could cheer her up. Sort of. Deciding she might as well do as he said, as only Llyr, Mosi, and Ashe- Her eyes widened as she noticed the fox was gone. However, her uneasy quickly vanished when she spotted him, returning from somewhere. Somewhat pleased that he wasn't dead, as the might need his help later, she allowed her eyes to close. Within a short while, she was asleep.

Finally reaching the small group again, Ashen hushed his humming again, scanning the area to find that everyone was still where they had been before, although now three out of the five were asleep. Seeing as the two who were still awake were currently busy with a conversation, and they looked quite serious, he decided to make himself somewhat useful, and keep an eye out for trouble. He sat down cross-legged, red eyes scanning the area every now and then.

Mosi smirked. "Papa liked me best. When he passed he gave me his little lakeside cottage. It's big enough for all of us. We can hole up there. Unless the fox wants to strike out on his own. I only know about it. Papa only took the real cats to the lake house. Little fox is good at hiding so he wouldn't need us anyway... and I can hunt, fish and Xipilli knows plants.. you're the elusive cooking male. ...... it'll be nice not eating raw or burnt meat..... I can't cook... Unless making jerky counts..."

Xipilli sighed and spread his coils around. He was huge for a Naga. His tail flicked near the fox, although far enough to not touch him he slept soundly in Mosi's lap.

(('Elusive cooking male'. Pfft.))

"Remind me never to let you in the kitchen," he responded. It probably would have been a bit more humorous if his facial expression didn't seem to be stuck in indifference most of the time, his tone usually matching it. "Good to know that we'll have somewhere to hide, though." He glanced over at the fox who was trying to both ignore and listen to them at the same time. Especially when Mosi mentioned him. He seemed to want to say something, but held his tongue, scanning the area and meeting Llyr's gaze for a second before continuing his search. The reaper watched for another moment before returning his yellow eyes to Mosi and Xipilli, deciding to finally sit down on his legs instead of standing, which got sort of uncomfortable after a while.

Ashen paused as the snake's tail moved near him, turning his crimson gaze to it. He stared at it for a few moments, before scooting slightly closer to it, curious. And slightly more cautious than he'd usually be. But he didn't know how light of a sleeper Xipilli was, and he didn't want to wake him up- And Blackbird and Mosi both didn't trust him. Especially Mosi. Mosi seemed to absolutely despise him, in fact. And as amusing as that was- oh, if she had seen some of the things he'd seen, she'd change her tune- it meant she was dangerous. Now close enough to easily touch the snake's tail if he wanted to, he simply watched it, to see if it'd move again. His humming started again- Something he had been doing a lot, but it amused him enough, and it could easily lead to breaking out in song and dance, which was always fun. For him, that is. Not so much for others when he stepped on their toes. Sure, he could dance perfectly fine, but it was fun to pretend you couldn't and squish their toes.

Mosi apparently thought his stoic expression was the most hilarious part of what he said. She laughed and giggled for a moment before calming herself. "I wouldn't either! I caught a pot of water on fire in my cooking class in high school! I'm can butcher, cut and prep meat of all kinds so it tastes good.. like marinate it and stuff, I can smoke salmon... but I can't cook things. You're pretty funny... like the one guy in Men in black.. K I think he was. He was funny too. Your eyes are cool too..." she giggled, childishly poking his cheek lightly giggling at his lack of reaction.

Xipilli's tail did move again, curling and flicking in his sleep before it lay still. His tail, like his body was thick, probably the width of Ashen's hand just at the tip of it. Muscles can be seen under the green-blue white scales, bunching and relaxing and flexing again.

Llyr simply raised an eyebrow when she poked his cheek after complimenting his eyes. "We're taught to control our emotions at a young age. Helps with our work," he responded. "...My eyes are yellow. Yours are, too. Yellow, that is. And pretty." If he was anyone else, that probably would have sounded much more flirtatious, or shy, or something. But, of course, it was Llyr, so he used the same tone he would have used to state that 'the sky is blue'. He paused. "I don't think I want to know how you managed to light water on fire. There's ways, yes, but..." He sighed, shaking his head. This woman confused him more than anyone- male or female- had managed to before. Then again, when someone was only acting nice to you to get a soul back, it made them easy to read.

Ashen's humming paused momentarily as his tail moved again, but resumed quickly. After it stopped again, the fox hesitantly reached out and ran a finger over the scales, keeping his touch as light as he could as to not disturb the male. Quickly withdrawing his hand, his humming grew silent as he thought. He hadn't ever been able to get that close to a live snake before, so the skin was warmer than he had felt before, which was a bit different than what he was used to. It sated his curiosity, though, so he allowed a small, somewhat triumphant smile appear.

Mosi looked... startled and confused at his complement. "Um... thanks? Yeah, their yellow, but a little more greenish then yours. Mom said their like a black cat's.... and her being superstitious as much as a supernatural could be... it isn't really a complement. She would hate you being around, being a reaper and all. Necromancers... she doesn't like them too, and vampires. " She smirked a little. "As for the water, I set it on the stove, turned around, turned back around and fwoom! It was on fire!" She was quite for a moment,playing with a beaded fringe on her shirt. "It would be nice...... controlling your emotions that is.. for me anyway....." Silence with more fidgeting.

"When I was young... my mother would ignore me unless I did something reckless. Then she'd yell, but... at least she'd pay attention to me then. You see, were creatures are different from the wild animals they turn into. Where as a cougar or mountain lion, puma- however you want to say it- are normally solitary creatures, the were versions of them, my kind, thrive in prides. We enjoy company and interaction. But, my birth made me a freak among my own kind and... well, no one really spoke to me. My own twin didn't play with me. So I guess I figured, "hey, why don't I do stupid stuff to get some attention and maybe they won't leave me alone anymore". That only pushed them away even more. Except papa. My grandfather practically raised me until he died when I was ten. He taught me everything I know. I found Xipilli, and Lilly and they kinda curbed my antics. I guess it would have been easier if I can hide everything so well and don't have to feel like I have to act out to get noticed." she said quietly, almost too low to hear. Not wanting to be too serious, she pointed over to the Dragon who had rose completely wrapped in his coils and his head on her stomach in his sleep. "Looks like the Dragon is quite comfortable with your human girl."

Xipilli's tail shivered and flicked around him when the fox let go. His blue tongue flicked out, but he still slept soundly. His scales where warm and smooth. They felt almost soft, the muscles easily felt beneath the skin, sticking slightly to skin where as cloth gilded over the scales like butter in a hot pan.

((I petted a baby boa before, she crawled on me and went around my neck ((no choking, she just really liked me, the owner said she normally doesn't do that)) it's h hard to explain the feeling in words.))

"It's not as fun as it seems. We're bad with socializing because of it, and merciless. Which is the reason we're taught to control our emotions in the first place. We can't let the souls stay in their bodies. ...We're solitary, usually, because of this, too." Llyr followed where she was pointing. "'My' human girl? She belongs to no one, and as long as she doesn't nearly die again, I could care less about who's comfortable with her. She doesn't look like she's not enjoying it, after all." A pause. Mosi told him about her past, so why not share a very small tidbit from his in return? "...Long story short, I met her before I retired. She was supposed to die, so I was there to collect her soul. But at the last moment, it changed, and she was supposed to live, instead. It's not often that happens, so it interested me... And so I stuck around a bit longer. Which led to me not being unemployed."

He turned his gaze back to Mosi. "...I don't like necromancers. They take the souls back most of the time. Vampires aren't as annoying as retrieving souls you've already gotten once before are, because it's never as easy to grab them the second time around." Dead bodies could be just as stubborn as the live ones, he had learned. "No one tends to like reapers. We are, in a way, responsible for every death that happens. Seeing one of us in our work clothes means someone's died, and everyone tends to fear what they don't understand. To them, death is something sad and unknown. To us, death is a part of our daily lives. They don't know what happens to the souls, we do. For all they know, we could be destroying them." Another pause. "...You have some of the worst cooking skills in the universe." He sighed.

Ashen continued to watch, his grin growing in size slightly. He reached out again and traced a scale, just as gentle as before. His other hand had a butterfly made of his blue fox fire on the back of it, as his palm was currently pressed on the ground to keep him from falling over. At some point, he had turned to face his tail, now sitting on his legs, as it was easier to reach his tail that way. And more comfortable. He withdrew his hand after tracing it another two times, watching it rather excitedly now that he noticed he had actually gotten a reaction from it.