Lemniscate

Arinoir's Timer

"Is that a bad thing?" Arinoir responded to Cnalb's statement. "You never have any fun. Would a form that is the opposite of yours be more preferable?" Without waiting for a response, Arinoir shimmered and turned into a white haired winged figure. "No one would mistake us for twins now. Doing a backflip in the air, Arinoir stopped halfway and looked down at Cnalb with her legs in the air diagonally. Putting her hands under her chin, she rested her elbows on what appeared to be an invisible platform."Where do you wish to visit? Arinoir shooed a couple of teacups away from her, and in the process some of the teacups on the opposite edge of the table fell off the cloud. The table itself was also getting restless, roaring occasionally and spilling some of the tea out of the remaining teacups. Flicking her hand, Arinoir made the tea set disappear, purposely letting the teacups that fell continue existing. It wasn't a very obvious action, and unless you were paying exact attention it was hard to tell that the light Arinoir gathered was just a little less than the amount she should have gathered from making the entire tea set disappear. Making sure to completely isolate her thoughts from Cnalb, she mentally commanded the teacups to search for Ivory. After all, she had to make sure that Ivory was out of the way while she was conducting her tour. Deities didn't get bested by humans, and Arinoir wasn't about to let anyone know that one had. Watching Cnalb carefully, she watched to see if he had noticed her "forgetting" of the teacups.

Cnalb cast a disdainful look at the table when it roared, turning his attention back to Arinoir after she made it vanish. He figured answering the first two questions would be useless, though the answers would both have been 'yes', or some form of it. "It does not matter to me," he responded indifferently. "Wherever is fine." He didn't know practically anywhere in this place, anyways. And while he might actually find out something if he chose a place, he, again, didn't know anywhere in her realm. It was to be expected though, seeing as he avoided leaving his own unless he had to. Even then he was hesitant. Not because he had things to do, no, he could care less about that. It was usually just cursing and blessing people temporarily anyways. No, it was simply because he didn't want to deal with anyone, be they deities or humans, though he found it easier to deal with the latter than the former. Not as many formalities. Also, he could easily crush them if they got too annoying. It wasn't as easy to do that with powerful, immortal beings. ...Probably why he didn't ever hear of it, frankly. That, and the whole 'doesn't work well with others'. He didn't notice that there were still teacups left, as he wasn't exactly paying much attention to everything that she was doing, instead averting his gaze because this was far too much light for him and he was getting a headache. Though he wasn't sure if it was from the light or dealing with Arinoir. ...Both, probably.

Ivory, at that very moment, was at a park, sitting on the swings and staring at, well, nothing. It was fairly easy to tell that she was lost in thought... For about three more seconds, before she stood up, deciding that she was done sitting around and doing, well, nothing, for now. Besides, she did still have things to do. Sort of. If 'looking for a cat', 'going to go check out some frogs', and 'finding that one weird rock again' counted, then she had things to do. 'Wash some of the things off her arm' was somewhere on that list, too, but she'd do that when she got home, and wasn't in the middle of walking to the place she had found the frogs a few days ago. She had to grab more markers too, she remembered, quickly adding that to her arm in the dark green that she had chosen earlier to bring with. There was no real reason for the colors, minus making it look pretty. A thought came to mind and she quickly scribbled it down, remembering that she had washed it off previously; 'find a cure(maybe)'. Not that she had been making any progress for this curse. ...She had, however, learned a bit about deities and the one that cursed her ancestor- Airynose, was it?- in the process. Not much, though, minus that they were a deity of light, had a twin or something named something weird, and then some boring things she hadn't bothered to try and remember.

The few teacups that fell to the ground now morphed into a relatively normal looking pigeon, apart from the fact that it glowed a little. The pigeon shot off with superpigeon speed when it determined that no one was looking and soon found its target. Relaying what it saw mentally to Arinoir, it waited for another order. Arinoir noted where Ivory was, and decided to start on the opposite side of the region. Getting from one end of her territory to another end was surely enough time for Ivory to be distracted into going somewhere not visible. Looking closer at Ivory, Arinoir read what was on her arm before she pulled her sleeve back down. 'Find lost cat...that should do nicely as a distraction.' Arinoir thought to herself. Pretending to think about where she should start her tour, Arinoir instead concentrated and ordered the pigeon to morph into a cat. When it was convincing enough, she told it to hide and meow while trying to lead Ivory into a structure. Climbing stealthily down the leafy tree it had landed on, the pigeon turned cat padded over to a bush next to a trail and meowed loudly. Satisfied, Arinoir then spoke to Cnalb. "Well then we can start at the west side of my territory. Follow me." Taking off from the cloud of light, Arinoir headed towards a city with a few skyscrapers. Doing a few loops in the air, she turned back occasionally to see if Cnalb was still following.

((While Arinoir and Cnalb do their thing, have a character to interact with Ivory that doesn't have a character sheet not because I'm lazy.))

Narrowing her eyes, Sera held a frisbee in her hand and chose the swing set as her target. Someone was standing behind it, but she doubted that the frisbee would reach that far. This was the farthest she'd ever tried to throw the frisbee, and breaking her own records was a thing that she tried to do as often as possible. Doing a few hand movements to practice, she waited till the wind was just right before unleashing the frisbee. It soared high above her, carried by the wind. She was definitely going to break her past record if the wind kept up. The frisbee slowly began descending...and hit the person right on the head. Bursting out in laughter, she only began to walk over to make sure if they were alright once she caught her breath. Upon closer inspection, the person was a pink haired girl. "Sorry I hit you on the head with my frisbee. I didn't expect it to go that far. Somehow Sera managed to both smirk and look sheepish while saying this. Picking up the frisbee, she stored it in her hood."My name's Sera. Nice to meet ya."

((Let me explain my weird timing: Pigeon sees Ivory, then Arinoir stops paying attention, then Sera appears, then cat meows. I wrote both paragraphs before realizing that they had really complicated timing relations so yeah...my mind doesn't care about making chronological sense.))

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Cnalb nodded, glad that they'd be leaving the glowing cloud. Even though it was still bright, it would be easier to deal with when the thing he was standing on wasn't one of his least favorite things. He lifted off of it and followed after her, and although the silence didn't bother him, and was actually preferable, he figured he might as well ask some things and see if he could get any sort of information from Arinoir herself. ...Which was doubtful, but still worth a try. And thinking back, there was something that he had sort of noticed before she had lifted off. “Why were you so quiet for a bit? Your mind seemed to be... Elsewhere.” He was rather satisfied when it didn't sound accusing, and instead just sort of disinterested. He wasn't the best at keeping his tone from sounding rude usually, after all, even if he was good at keeping an expressionless face. So the fact it, for once, did not sound like he was about to start a war was a nice change, even if he doubted he could manage it again. Well, whatever. Most were used to it after about five sentences from him, anyways, since it wasn't like he ever sounded happy. Or even content. At least, in the presence of other living creatures. He would (very rarely) smile, even if it wasn't too noticeable, when he was alone. Solitude was a nice thing in his opinion, after all. Now with twice the amount of thoughts on his mind, most of which he'd likely dismiss later and ignore until he forgot, he turned his grey eyes and the majority of his attention to the deity of light, waiting for a response to his question. ...Or maybe she'd try to avoid it. He never knew with her, not really. Probably because he didn't like to pay attention to whatever she did.

((I am sorry I don't know what to do with Cnalb minus grumpy, mental monologue, so that's pretty much all this is.))

Ivory was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice the frisbee until it hit her. Recoiling slightly, she turned to find what had hit her, staring at the frisbee on the ground when she noticed it. But then who threw it...? Her question was answered literally moments later when a strange voice she had never heard again spoke to her. She looked up quickly, earning herself a face full of hair blocking her view. Half paying attention to what they- she, from the sounds of it, actually- was saying, and half on getting her hair out of her face, she blinked as she finally could see again. Though she could see before. It was just a bit annoying, having red everywhere, too. ”It's fine. Worse has happened to me before,” she responded, brushing off her apology. ”Sera...? Oh, right. My name's Ivory. Nice to meet you too.” She smiled slightly, and then a meow caught her attention, and she seemed to completely ignore the other girl's presence, now looking around for the source as she hadn't been paying much attention to it before. It could be a stray, a wandering outdoors, or a lost one, but if it was friendly, then she wanted to pet it. ...It wasn't every day she found a friendly cat, after all. And maybe it was the cat she was looking for, too! That'd be a bonus. Even if it wasn't, though, it was still a cat. Now seemingly forgetting that she was sort of talking to someone else, she began actually searching for the cat in the general direction she had heard it.

"Oh, I was only thinking about where to go. You know how large and uninteresting territories get." Arinoir replied in response to Cnalb's question, the lie being perfectly masked. However she mentally took note not to check on anything else, as then Cnalb might get suspicious. She would simply trust that the cat had done its job properly, and get around to that part last. Seeing as they had arrived where she wanted to go, she showed Cnalb some of the mortal's buildings as well as a shrine near the city outskirts. A small crowd could be distinguished worshipping in the shrine, the worshippers having no clue that the deity they worshipped was right above them. Afterwards she flew over to a park, then a library and the capital building. Concluding the tour of the current city, she flew over to another and did much of the same thing, pointing out a few highlights then moving on. It wasn't completely monotonous, but it wasn't particularly interesting.

((It's fine. At least then you don't have to make short tiny posts like me. ;-; ))

Blinking at Ivory's sudden lack of attention, you could practically see the cartoon sweatdrop form on Sera's face. Shrugging, she decided to go along with it and help Ivory find the cat. She kinda owed that anyway for hitting her. Going towards the sound, she was certain that she had found it under a bush, but when she brushed the leaves aside, there was nothing but a few footprints heading deeper into the trail. Following them, she kept her ears alert for any other signs of meowing. The cat meowed occasionally, but seemed to always be heading in one direction. 'Weird. It's like the cat is trying to lead us somewhere.' Deciding to just trust the cat, she followed it anyways.

((And random signature change just because I want that banner. Don't worry, I saved the chickens.))

Edited by Silverphoenixx

((From around the 17th til the 25th or so, I'll be gone. I will have wifi but I won't be around the laptop that much. So I'll try to reply around that time if I can, but it's gonna be a bit hard.

Also okay. At least the chickens are safe. (...And safe from the nightmare I once made them as.)))

Cnalb just nodded. He could... Sort of relate. The area could get boring after a few centuries of watching over it. And by watching over it, he meant literally just watching it, and avoiding meddling in the majority of what happened. Minus the occasional temporary blessing or curse, he preferred to let them do whatever they wanted, as long as it didn't bother him at all. Whenever she pointed things out, he only either nodded or simply stared on, not bothering with a vocal response. He managed to hide his distaste when the shrine was shown, instead just watching the slight movements he could spot from that far. He definitely could say the tour wasn't the most enjoyable thing he had ever taken part of. And not just because of his dislike of other things that could talk, even though that did play a slight part in it. All he had to do was remind himself that he decided to drag himself into this and then he was mostly fine, just slightly annoyed at himself, instead. Though he still found himself paying less attention to the tour itself and more attention to trying to find any chip in her armor. 'Armor' as in 'how she was acting', that is.

Ivory seemed to acknowledge the other girl enough that she didn't bump into her while searching, and also sort of followed her whenever she seemed to have more luck with figuring out where the cat was going than herself, but otherwise, her eyes seemed to pass right over her as if she wasn't there. Which... Was a fairly normal thing for her to do, honestly. Her mind worked in odd ways, and most of the time, it was more than likely that she'd pick up where she left off as soon as she was finished with the distraction. "Hmm. This isn't Mister Pudding, at least," she noted as the two followed the hidden meowing feline. Though she spoke loud enough for Sera to hear what she was saying rather clearly, it was more directed at herself than anyone else. "...Who names their cat Mister Pudding, anyways?" she muttered. If it was just 'Pudding', she'd understand. But Mister Pudding sounded sort of silly. Well, she wasn't about to tell people what they could and couldn't name their cat. Mister Pudding was more creative than Cat, at least.

Edited by seacatsmew