Lemniscate

Arinoir's Timer

Silver used Make Intro Post Prettier! It wasn't very effective! I guess the official curse name is like Arinoir's Timer or something.

Summary:

Arinoir has cursed a girl and her descendants, they are trying to find a cure. Unbeknownst to them, they are caught up in the revenge war between Arinoir and her twin brother, Cnalb. Will they find the cure? Or will they be torn apart by the war?

Sheets

Username:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

History: (this is optional I guess)

Powers: (remove if not a deity)

Other:

Seacatsmew's Characters:

Username: seacatsmew

Name: Ivory

Appearance: Really quick and bad drawing.

Personality: Upbeat and somewhat unpredictable. She does whatever she feels like at that time, which usually ends with her not doing stuff she should have. She has an optimistic view on things usually, but putting too much pressure on her will change that rather quickly and she'll lash out. She doesn't always think before talking, so she usually speaks her unfiltered opinion on things without worrying about the consequences. However, she does know when to back down. Most of the time. She also has a habit of drawing and writing on herself to remember things, as she's somewhat forgetful.

History: I literally have no idea right now? Might have something later, dunno.

Other: She usually carries a bag around with non-toxic markers and a book in it. And, occasionally, a bottle of nail polish remover along with tissues. Timer is around 23.

Name: Cnalb(pronounced kuhnallbuh)

Appearance: Click! (I wanted to use it too because it looked cool. o.o)

Personality: As the deity of darkness, he's not a huge fan of socialization. Or basically any living creature, as long as there's more than one of them around, and they can talk. He views most lives as disposable, although he is, admittedly, somewhat interested in human lives. He wouldn't ever admit this to anyone though. He's actually fairly curious about a lot of things, but people tend to avoid him and he avoids them in return. He's very quiet usually, and has a somewhat short temper.

History: He's Arinoir's twin brother, technically, and from the start, she was always more successful, worshipped more, and had better relationships with the other deities. Due to this, a grudge slowly began growing. He learned of her habit of using the humans as chess pieces of a sort, and decided to try and use this against her. He began planning, and found the perfect human for his plan. He nudged her into his sister's 'game', and later, into her shrine. The anger of his sister was worth it in his opinion, but later, he decided that wasn't enough, so he happened to find the descendants of the one Arinoir cursed.

Powers:

Standard Deity Powers:

~Able to curse and bless people, but can't undo curses/blessings done by other deities, of course.

~Energy Magic

~Telepathy

~Enhanced healing of wounds

~Cannot be killed by mortals, only sent into deep sleep, the duration of which is determined by the seriousness of the injuries

Unique Deity Powers:

~Dark magic(mainly damaging, but also melting into shadows and appearing from them)

~He can create wings, though he doesn't actually need to flap them to stay in the air. He can't 'fly' without them though.

~He can make mortal creatures fall asleep at will.

~He can form a scythe out of darkness.

Other: His temperature is always cold, no matter what; The darkness isn't exactly warm.

Silverphoenixx's Characters:

Username: Silverphoenixx

Name: Arinoir

Appearance: How she usually looks

Personality: Although Arinoir may be a deity of light, she has a cunning and cruel side to her. She has a tendency to think of humans as series of predictable objects, feeling that they act based on cause and effect. Her actions on humans are as if she is playing some sort of elaborate chess game without regard to the pieces. As long as the reward for 'winning' is entertainment, she will continue to play. To other deities she acts playful and curious, occasionally engaging in silly behavior such as shouting "Boo!"

History: Once when Arinoir was playing one of her 'chess games', she came across a girl who seemed to be different. She seemed to defy her law of cause and effect, persevering where she was supposed to fail and maintaining hope when she was supposed to fall into despair. Worse still, she openly walked into a shrine dedicated to Arinoir and began asking why they were worshiping Arinoir. When she found a few people who told her they were praying for strength, she told them to make their own strength, Of course, not all of them listened, but this was such a grievous insult to Arinoir that she cursed the girl. She made it so that, in a cruel twist of irony, the girl, and all her descendants, would be born with a kind of timer in their minds. Once this timer ran out, the person born with it would lapse into a state of madness, operating based on some imaginary god and at its mercy, even killing family and loved ones if their imagination told them to.

Powers:

Standard Deity Powers:

*Can curse people and bless people as she wishes, can also revoke them at any time

*Energy Magic (basically the ability to fire huge beams of destruction that lack elemental properties)

*Telepathy

*Enhanced healing of wounds

*Cannot be killed by mortals, only sent into deep sleep, the duration of which is determined by the seriousness of the injuries

Unique Deity Powers:

*Light Magic (healing and offensive light elemental beams)

*Can create various creatures using light

*Levitation

*Ability to change her appearance at will

Other: Personality is going to be a tiny thing because I dunno how to write personalities. Also she's surrounded by light and sparkles cause light and sparkles. She can turn this off though.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

You missed a 'curse' part on the form, but that's about it that I see. ^^

Sadly, I also don't think cheese can think, so... They wouldn't suffer much. ^^' (Would be a good curse though.)

You're gonna be the deity, right? Or are we just gonna share the role or...? (Also the descendants could be making a plan to fight the deity. Which will probably fail. I dunno what yet either. Maybe find a cure or try to please the deity, too?)

Ok fixed that. If curse aren't the same for all the descendants, that'd be interesting too, but it might be too complicated.

What if someone cursed you to be CHEESE CAPABLE OF THOUGHT? xd.png It'd be horrible to feel yourself being eaten. Cheese curses just don't seem very serious though. I doubt anyone would really curse someone to be cheese, they would never be taken seriously for it.

Back on topic, I'd like to be the cursing deity, although we could have another deity related to the one who put the curse in some way.

Finding a cure seems like the most logical thing to do. Maybe the cure could be tied to the deity in some way? Like, if they were to make a magical curse removing potion, perhaps it would require something of the deity's, such as some hair (if the deity has hair).

Or maybe they could be drawn into some kind of deity revenge war and this other deity wanted to defeat the cursing deity and rub it in their face by defeating the deity with the same people the deity cursed. Personally I think this option has the best RP potential, since it allows for two deities and interaction between the cursed people and the deities.

Edited for some serious spacing issues

Edit #2 wow a lot of people are viewing this

Edited by Silverphoenixx

How about a deity set on revenge and a deity that may or may not have tricked their ancestors into doing their dirty work and attacking the other deity or something? They could be searching for a cure while the war of sorts goes on, too.

I'm perfectly fine with you being the deity, anyways!

The last idea sounds good, either way! ^^ (That they are. o.o)

Oh that sounds good. Also opens up a possible 'I remove the curse, you help me defeat my attackers' option later if the cursing deity feels like their chances of winning over their attackers are low (they may or may not be using the cursed people as death fodder to weaken the attackers just enough)

So now I just have to think of a valid revenge reason, curse, and fill in the sheet.

haha what are you talking about, my mind is totally not blank right now

Edit: ahhh, forgot the appearance section in the sheets. Also you should change curse to powers for deities.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Woops. o.o I didn't notice that you did. ^^'

Good idea! I'll start making my forms soon. ^^ Since you have a deity of light, can I have a deity of darkness? : D

Haha sure they can be like opposite twins or something

Sorry for kind of forcing deity abilities, but I feel like the powers needed separation.

Anyway my form is basically done, I'm gonna make the appearance right now. Do you like the curse?

'Tis fine! That would actually probably work, sibling rivalry and all that.

The curse honestly doesn't seem like much of a curse until the timer runs out; Sure, they'd always be afraid of it running out and that might influence their actions, but... It's a good curse though, actually! (Just, do we really need the curse place in the form then? o.o)

That's why I originally didn't include it, I put it there just in case I did a variable curse, but since the curse is the same, we don't need it.

Also I'm gonna sleep now, I actually won't be on till afternoon tomorrow, I forgot that I had a school thing to go to.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Alright! I usually sleep til noon anyways.

Anyways, completed my deity's form!

Name: Cnalb(pronounced kuhnallbuh)

Appearance: Click! (I wanted to use it too because it looked cool. o.o)

Personality: As the deity of darkness, he's not a huge fan of socialization. Or basically any living creature, as long as there's more than one of them around, and they can talk. He views most lives as disposable, although he is, admittedly, somewhat interested in human lives. He wouldn't ever admit this to anyone though. He's actually fairly curious about a lot of things, but people tend to avoid him and he avoids them in return. He's very quiet usually, and has a somewhat short temper.

History: He's Arinoir's twin brother, technically, and from the start, she was always more successful, worshipped more, and had better relationships with the other deities. Due to this, a grudge slowly began growing. He learned of her habit of using the humans as chess pieces of a sort, and decided to try and use this against her. He began planning, and found the perfect human for his plan. He nudged her into his sister's 'game', and later, into her shrine. The anger of his sister was worth it in his opinion, but later, he decided that wasn't enough, so he happened to find the descendants of the one Arinoir cursed.

Powers:

Standard Deity Powers:

~Able to curse and bless people, but can't undo curses/blessings done by other deities, of course.

~Energy Magic

~Telepathy

~Enhanced healing of wounds

~Cannot be killed by mortals, only sent into deep sleep, the duration of which is determined by the seriousness of the injuries

Unique Deity Powers:

~Dark magic(mainly damaging, but also melting into shadows and appearing from them)

~He can create wings, though he doesn't actually need to flap them to stay in the air. He can't 'fly' without them though.

~He can make mortal creatures fall asleep at will.

~He can form a scythe out of darkness.

Other: His temperature is always cold, no matter what; The darkness isn't exactly warm.

Would this work? Is them being twins okay with you?

I woke up super early by accident, so you can have a slightly updated intro post. Jeez that name is hard to remember. Being twins is fine, it actually makes sense in the way that people say there is no light without darkness.

We gotta make humans too, because otherwise not much is gonna happen. Honestly I like the idea of RPing the deities more than the idea of RPing the humans, but we need at least two humans to get anywhere. A little bit more on the curse: The timer length varies from person to person, most of the time it's between 18-34 years. Common sense dictates that it would be extremely hard to actually have descendants, but since these humans are different, they're going to resist the curse like they always annoyingly resist Arinoir and still somehow keep their line alive. What the imaginary god is like is also varied from person to person, usually it has the opposite personality of its host. It's also possible to get along perfectly fine with the imaginary god you have and continue life as normal, but this should happen VERY rarely, like 1 in a nonillion. This also requires a person's mind to be completely at peace.

I imagine the line has been going on for some time, at least 10 generations. Since the curse is an outside thing, it doesn't get stronger or weaker with the generations. I assume that deities who aren't the original caster of the curse or blessing can weaken or strengthen a curse or blessing, but can't remove it. A person can only have one curse or blessing on them at a time, this is so that you can't just counter curses with blessings. Just in case we need more info about the deities, I like to think of their system like the Greek gods, there are main powerful deities and weaker side deities. Arinoir and Cnalb would be stronger than most of the side deities, but weaker than the main deities, since them being twins implies that they were born from a deity. They would also be considered "young"deities.

*end lots of random information that probably isn't all necessary*

Which name? o.o That it does. Make sense, that is.

Ahh, alright! I'll make a human soon; I keep getting distracted by stuff, ahahaha... Cnalb is going to be interesting for me to RP, though now I have a plan for a human. I'll get started on her form soon.

That makes sense. I like random information; I'm curious most of the time so knowing stuff helps keep my questions to a minimum. ^^'

Cnalb. It doesn't follow the usual structure of words, therefore it confuses me and makes it harder for me to remember.

I'll wait for you to make a character first this time. You can set how long they have till the timer runs out, you don't have to use a random generator or anything.

I'm gonna go mess with my person creator thing and make more random people now. I might try to draw my mental image of Arinoir, but I probably won't. My mental picture of her is complicated to draw >.<

It's blanc spelled backwards, if that helps at all!

Ahh, quick question! What time will this be set in(medieval, 19th century(or before), modern, future)?

I might end up drawing this character, not sure yet. Cnalb would be a pain to draw overall. Because details.

I dunno exactly what time. In my imagination it's just like everything is normal but people don't have smartphones. They have everything but smartphones. My imagination is weird. I guess smartphones and deities don't go together well xd.png

...Well, works for me. (Smartphones took up too much attention that could be going to the deities, possibly.)

Name: Ivory

Appearance: Really quick and bad drawing.

Personality: Upbeat and somewhat unpredictable. She does whatever she feels like at that time, which usually ends with her not doing stuff she should have. She has an optimistic view on things usually, but putting too much pressure on her will change that rather quickly and she'll lash out. She doesn't always think before talking, so she usually speaks her unfiltered opinion on things without worrying about the consequences. However, she does know when to back down. Most of the time. She also has a habit of drawing and writing on herself to remember things, as she's somewhat forgetful.

History: I literally have no idea right now? Might have something later, dunno.

Other: She usually carries a bag around with non-toxic markers and a book in it. And, occasionally, a bottle of nail polish remover along with tissues.

Her timer is set to somewhere around 23. And by 'somewhere' I mean 'anywhere from 21 to 23'. Also I wasn't sure if there was a set last name or not so. (And I sort of doubt she'll actually stick to the personality I wrote, because since when do characters listen to their creators?)

Aaanyways, hopefully her form's okay?

Yeah, it's good. You can make up the last name yourself, just make it sound kinda old-ish. Ivory's personality sounds kinda like me actually. xd.png

I really don't know what other characters to make, so I'm just going to wait for the interactions between Arinoir and Cnalb and Cnalb and Ivory and make a character when it's needed. That was a lot of ands >.<

Also can you start? I basically forgot how to RP and start stuff. I mean, I still remember, but I'm kinda lost. Not sure I would make a good first post.

(Two thirds of this post is about me being lost and unsure about RPing. That's a good sign.)

((Brenton, then, as a last name? It sounds sorta old. I'm not completely sure how to start but I'll try. I have absolutely no idea what to do with Cnalb more than anything.

Aaalso, because I also have no idea what to do, here's a rather short post.))

Cnalb was angry. Well, perhaps annoyed would be more accurate. It had been some amount of time after he had actually been able to anger his sister somehow, and to him, that was too long. Because from what he knew, unlike him, she hadn't been searching for something the whole time; She didn't have to even bother. Everything she did was better, and she didn't even seem to try. ...Which reminded him that he hadn't actually seen her in a while. Narrowing his eyes as he realized that, because that meant she could be up to anything, he stood up from where he was sitting on the ground. Two pairs of black wings, one pair smaller than the other, materialized on his back as he stood. Without even moving a feather, he lifted himself into the air and set off to find Arinoir.

Ivory, unlike the deity of darkness that she didn't actually know that much about(or care about, really), was not looking for someone or annoyed. Rather, she was writing something along her left arm, her long grey sleeve pulled up so that she could actually write on said arm. Her marker of choice was bright green today, unlike the black she normally used. "Aaand... Finished," she mumbled to herself, pulling the marker away from her skin. There were three words, all in capital letters, written there; 'Find lost cat'. A few quick details were written underneath, also in capital letters. She pulled her sleeve back down and put the lid of the marker back on, stepping away from the poster. Satisfied, she turned and began walking again, glancing at the numbers on her shoulder as she walked. They were starting to fade, and she was sure that the 'X' on her cheek was, too. She'd redo them later. For now, she had things to do. And a cat to look for.

((I really didn't know what else to put, so hopefully you can get something out of this.))

((Yeah that's good. I imagine the deities don't really talk casually that much, so I gave them a slightly more formal tone of speech. Talking formally would be the equivalent of deity manners or something. Arinoir is slightly more serious here than she would be normally, this is because it's kinda hard to convey playfulness using more formal speech, and because she's slightly suspicious.))

Arinoir observed her latest game while perched on a cloud of light. So far, all was according to plan. The game would be considered won. Sensing a presence, she stood up on her cloud and looked at the sky. A dark figure with 4 wings. It seemed as if her brother was paying her a visit. Although she didn't know what he was doing exactly, she knew that he didn't like her, and that meant visits were not a thing to be welcomed. There was no point in being cold though, since he could just be giving her news. "Cnalb! What brings you here?" Arinoir questioned telepathically. He wasn't usually up and about that much. Was it another meeting? Or was there an emergency? Even though they were deities, they still relied on messengers to spread news. It wasn't the most efficient, but it was a tradition. "If you are bringing news, then we should move to a place further from the humans. They should be too far away to see us, but they could always ride on one of their planes." Ah, that reminded her. After this, she had to go check on the location of the cursed human. The latest descendant's name was Ivory, if she recalled it correctly. Perhaps she would have a little game with her, not a chess game, but a minor game to try and mess with her mind.

((I'm basically waiting for Ivory to start actively searching for a cure, then stuff will move along faster.))

((EDIT: I'm going on vacation to Japan, so if I can't get on there then I'll be gone for at least two weeks.))

Edited by Silverphoenixx

((Sorry this took so long, had no ideas. ^^' And alright to basically everything you said!))

Spotting a glowing cloud, Cnalb redirected his flight path towards it. As soon as he was close enough to see the outline of his sister, a voice was in his head. A very familiar voice. Pushing down his emotions for now, as it was best that they didn't leak into his 'voice', he responded. "Nothing of the sort. I simply wanted to see how my sister was doing. Is that a bad thing?" he asked calmly, his face remaining expressionless. "Although, it seems my concern wasn't necessarily." That technically wasn't a lie; He was slightly concerned... That she had some sort of trick up her sleeve. He wasn't quite sure if she did or not, though, and decided he'd probably have to watch for a bit longer when he could hide himself. Which was a bit hard up in the air, especially considering using Arinoir's shadow was out of the question. Clouds made of light weren't the best for projecting shadows onto them, and the deity glowed usually anyways. Which, in his opinion, was an annoying thing, but... He wasn't a fan of bright lights. Or light in general, really. Probably came with the 'deity of darkness' territory.

((I'm not feeling too well so I'm going to skip Ivory for now, I'm sorry.))

((Sorry I didn't know that my vacation was this long. It's actually like 4 weeks ish. I actually have time right now, but I'm sick with a cold/stomachache and I can't really type well when I have to blow my nose.

Edit Edit: I'll write something now since I'm better ish. Also I'm gonna make a thread for a really interesting dream I had that I think would make a good rp. I'm not gonna abandon this though unless I don't know what to write.))

Arinoir tiltled her head quizzically in response to Cnalb's sentence. "Well you usually do not seem like you would want to visit someone of your own will. During the meetings you are always quiet." Pausing for a second, Arinoir conjured up some strange creatures that were shaped to resemble a tea set. A tiger was being the table, although you could barely tell it was one. The legs were all stretched out, and its body was flattened into a circular disk. Only the head was normal, and if it wasn't there, you might have thought it was just a golden tiger striped table. For the teacups there were two small pigs that looked pretty normal, except for the fact that they were hollow in the center and their tails were shaped into handles. The rest of the table was equally strange, although not ugly. Of course, the tea wasn't an animal, instead it was a shimmering illusion. "Sit down and have some tea then if you really are just visiting. I trust you can provide your own chair if you need one. Unfortunately, I still have not figured out how to make the tea set stop being animals. The tea is quite good though for an illusion.

Although it seemed llike Arinoir was just being polite, the tea set was actually a test of sorts. Cnalb was a deity of darkness, and being near so much light would make him feel uncomfortable. If Cnalb accepted the offer, it would prove his peaceful intentions, since if he started a fight it would be in Arinoir's territory. It would also mean he was willing to bear a slight inconvenience to prove himself.

((It's not considered rude to use magic that the other deity doesn't like to make stuff since usually deities can only use one element to create things. Sorry if my post has parts that don't really make sense, it's really hot here and the heat is confusing me.))

Edited by Silverphoenixx

((Alright, I'll edit this in the morning, just posting to say that, basically, okay to everything you've said. I will also likely check that RP out in the morning. ...Later in the morning, that is.

It makes enough sense for me, by the way.))

Cnalb eyed the tea set warily, weighing his options. If he accepted, he'd be faced with discomfort... But he'd have a reason to stick around without seemed too suspicious, giving him more time to find someplace he could possibly hide. If he didn't accept, then he wouldn't likely be able to stay nearby without seeming too suspicious, as what she had said was true; He didn't often visit anyone unless there was no other choice. "What would there be to say?" he asked in response to what she said about him being quiet during meetings, before hesitantly landing on her light cloud, managing to fight back his instinct to flee instead. He paused before picking one of the... Cups, up. After another moment of hesitation, he took a sip. He had to admit, it wasn't the worst tea he had ever tasted. But tea wasn't the reason he was there, he reminded himself, not that he had forgotten in the first place. He raised his gaze to his sister, waiting to see if she'd say anything, or what she'd do now that he had accepted her invitation of sorts.

((He didn't create a chair because he can leave quicker if he's standing. And also because his creations tend to attempt to avoid light. ...Which ends with chairs made of wings flying away. (She may be able to create animals, but he can create wings and basically nothing else.)))

Edited by seacatsmew

Seeing that her offer was accepted, Arinoir allowed herself to put some of her suspicions to rest. "I assume they invite you there so you are able to express your opinions, it would not have any point otherwise. How is it where you live? Have you been bothered by any humans?" Deciding to simply make some small talk, Arinoir sipped some tea casually. "If you have spare time, you could visit my region. I would be glad to take you on a tour." Suddenly remembering something, Arinoir stood upright on the cloud of light. "Oh, I have something to show you. Since I last saw you, I have worked on my shapeshifting." Concentrating, Arinoir created a shimmer of light. When the light faded away, Arinoir had changed her appearance to match Cnalb's almost perfectly. "Not too bad, right?" It was a bit strange, considering Arinoir's voice appeared to be coming from Cnalb's mouth. If there had been anyone else around, they most certainly would have laughed at the disparity between the voice and the appearance of Arinoir.

((Sorry for kinda falling off the face of the planet. I have less computer time now since I have to study for a really big test. I purposely made Arinoir offer to give a tour so they could possibly stumble upon Ivory. Would you be surprised if someone else's voice appeared to be coming from your body? O.O))

(('Tis fine, I understand completely! ^^ ...I'd freak out. And then laugh.))

Cnalb's face remained perfectly expressionless as she turned into a copy of himself, choosing his words carefully. "...You still look far too cheerful," he finally said, narrowing his eyes slightly. While he usually had on an expression that could best be described as 'indifference', though 'annoyance' was also common for him, the look in the other deity's eyes didn't completely match the expression. "To answer your questions... My opinions are not something that would interest them. It has been the same as always. One had, but that was settled before they could do any sort of 'damage'." A pause. "I do have spare time as of now, but I refuse to go anywhere with you until you have returned to a form less similar to mine." He attempted to use a sort of polite tone. Though, it didn't exactly sound that polite. Yes, they were twins, but it was still unsettling, especially considering they looked nothing alike. And he didn't want to have to stare at a copy of himself that could glow. And sparkle. And had Arinoir's voice. Frankly, he didn't want to stare at Arinoir either, but it was preferable to this. He was already regretting coming here, if he was being honest with himself. But this was- hopefully- the easiest way to find something to use against her. And if it didn't turn out well? ...There were sure to be other ways.