Aroara and Arch

Nox looked unimpressed at her attempt to explain her point of view, but he was a demon so what did he know? Chances were that he hadn't been on earth for at least a few decades if not more so his advice was worth little (besides, who had the final say in this relationship?). The large demon turned and moved listlessly back into Azure's living room, planting himself in one of the corners of the room.

------------------

It took an annoyingly long time and no short amount of cursing and attempted strikes before she went down, but eventually she did. Both her pulse and breathing were accelerated, but at least she was alive and looking as well as ever. Or as well as she had when he was dragged through her portal anyway. Her strength. It certainly wasn't human, but outwardly there was nothing to suggest how she was able to carry such power behind her strikes. Though her arms had some small amount of defined muscle, she looked otherwise frail. It could be magic perhaps, though she wasn't saturated with anything of the normal kind... Well, the important thing was that she wasn't trying to kill him.

Azure watched him and finished her sandwich licking peanut butter off her fingers. "When where you last on this plain? The date. Maybe I can get you caught up or books you can read at night.. that is if you don't sleep..." She suggested. "This way you know how things work around here." She offered as she got out a bottle of water. "Would you like a drink? Water, wine, beer...I think I have a coke in here somewhere..." She peered in the fridge. It was full, but it wasn't with edible food. Mostly things in her work she needs to keep cold.

--------

Zaphus had dark purple blotches forming on his stomach area and possibly some on his thighs. He whimpers as he leaned over her, concerned about her safety. Laying her on the ground may harm her more, the floor was slightly sloped and her heart beat was too fast for his liking. So, he sat down with his legs crossed, leaning her back against his chest as he leaned against the wall. Keeping her head elevated so she wouldn't pass out again after waking up.

Purring helped him heal, so he did just that, the deep rumble twice as loud as a lions and sometimes rattled the small pebbles on the ground beside him. He didn't smell like a demon at all. His long hair was soft, and smells of vanilla and Jasmine. His body had a Maplewood smell mixed with honey and frankincense. His wings folded loosely around them both as he continued to purr, closing his eyes. He didn't want to do this to her. He already felt like a monster.

He stared contemplatively at one of the dark blue walls. It had been recently. Ah yes. Human years weren't quite like their daemonic counterparts, but he could remember well enough. =1-9-4-7= he replied. It had been a good time. He'd been on the tail end of something important. A war, he believed. It was a big human event at the time but unfortunately he'd been stuck out in the middle of back-ass nowhere the entire time.

------------------

((Zaphas you poor man. She may be smol and sleeping, but that makes her no less of a jerk for attacking you))

The brunette was still for a time, doing nothing more exciting than breathing softly against the demon's chest. Though it wasn't apparent, her stone was already starting to take care of the very few wounds she had acquired during their brief battle. It turned her welt into a slightly less sensitive lump and worked to get her air and blood flow back to their usual levels. She came to some time shortly after those last two items had been completed, finding herself surrounded by the deep thunderous purring emanating from behind her. She stared blearily up at the dark canvas obscuring her vision.

She had the panicked but fleeting thought that she'd somehow lost her powers, but that couldn't be right. She could see, but- It shouldn't be this dark and she could smell just fine. She could smell a little too much actually. The air was thick with a musk resembling that of a spice cabinet mixed with something distinctly church. Jenni shifted against the distinctly not-stone surface that she was resting on, the clues not fully clicking until she noticed the deep inhale and exhale of the chest she was pressed into. She snapped into alertness, scrambling awkwardly out of Zaphas' lap and batting at his wings to get them out of her way.

"During the world war II or after it? After that war, the cold war started between us -America- and Russia for nuclear weapons. I have a book on that... hmm" she headed to one of the closed doors and went inside. She came back out and handed him a slightly thick volume titled Every war in American history and everything in between: Vol.III "that should keep you hooked. Starts with world war two." The door was left open a crack and a red husky charged through snarling. "Koda, heel!" The dog stopped and sat by azure's leg. "This is Koda my dog. You hurt him or get him hurt, I'll shove you even farther then the Abyss. Got it?" She said in a warning tone.

-----

((He's a demon with a actual heart! Let alone a heart of gold!))

Zaphus felt her shift and his eyes snapped open, literally glowing white in the black of his wings. When got out of his lap he opened his wings so the light came in and he watched her carefully from where he sat. "Are you alright? If I hurt you, I didn't want to. I'm very sorry as well for your awakening. I didn't mean to startle you. His purr lowered a little but still continued as he spoke, jarring with his voice.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

World War II, was it?. He suddenly regretted having stuck to a singular human for so long. A man. Small, demure, and a pleasure to manipulate. She sheer waves of anxiety he have off could feed two or three Aspects, but that would have been nothing compared to a global war. Still, the easy prey had been fun, and it made him wonder whether his previous host had died yet. If it hadn't been for that exorcist then he would still be there, feeding to his heart's content. Nox stared dreamily off into space. Maybe, as soon as he broke from his current bindings, he'd go sniff out another one of those.

He looked down as a book was shoved as him followed by some rather unflattering smile. The demon growled a warning tone back at the creature before his gaze flickered back to Azure =Keep us separate. And you will have no problem. Dogs loathe demonkind=

------------------

((She was just letting him win, b-baka!))

She blinked against the comparative brightness of the cave, suddenly very confused as to why the demon she'd summoned hadn't run off or at least tried to restrain her. She'd said that she would owe him a portal if he won, but she didn't actually believe that he could beat her. Her cheeks flushed indignantly and she whipped around to face him. The hairs on the back of her arms and neck stood up defensively once more the moment she saw him just sitting there, not trying to confront her or anything "Don't apologize" She puffed, seeming wounded by his words. He'd wounded her pride anyway. She didn't have to take this- this patronizing crap! So what. She lost. No big deal.

"Which is why he makes a good companion. You sit here and read. Don't go into the door on the left, the one Koda came out of, and don't destroy the apartment. We're going for a walk." She hooked on a leash and the dog was at the door in a instant. She paused and looked back at him. "Please don't mess up the strings either, it's my life's work." She left him there. Left door that the dog came out of had a pentagram in a circle of runes to keep out evil spirits. This was most likely her bedroom. She didn't say he couldn't go into the room on the right though.

---!---------

Zaphus shrank back. He looked like a whipped puppy. Slowly he stood up and turned his back to her. Scars. Scars easily seen in this light, white lines along the backs of his wings like he used them in defence many times. Scars on the skin between his wings. "Can you open the portal at my home? I feel horrible for this, and we didn't shake on it so it wasn't a iron clad deal. Let me gather the few things I like and set my Imps in charge of my home. They I'll return and you can bind me to you properly. Time in Hell isn't the same here, I could be from several years here... and only hours had passed at home." He lowered his head. "I don't like feeling guilty like this. The fight wasn't fair. I forfeit my right. I will become indebted to you until you no longer need of me. Deal?" he turned and held out his hand to her, his hands large, with thin bony fingers and claws around two inches long.

Nox obligingly took a seat with the large book perched in his hands. She'd told him to read, so while he didn't particularly enjoy the activity, he opened the book and started to peruse the text within.

------------------

Jenni crossed her arms and intentionally ignored his scars, instead making a point to frown at him (though honestly at this point it was much more pout than pugnacity). The brunette was unsure about how to feel about this most recent turn of events. This is what she said she had wanted, but at the same time she hadn't exactly earned a victory here. The whole thing felt like a massive cheat. She shook away the thoughts. Whatever. She'd open the portal, he'd go do whatever the hell it is demons do in their free time, she'd go train. That fight had been more than pathetic on her side, so obviously she needed to get stronger. Apparently demons were more durable than she'd thought they were. Enough to stand up to an amount of strength that would have easily sent a group of humans home crying. She waved Zaphas off, walking over to where the last glimmers of her previous portal were and extending her arms with a concentrated look.

A familiar violet energy crept into her veins, alighting in webs across her palms and charging to the amount needed to re-open the recently expired portal. The remaining dregs of dwindling magic were pulled from the walls of the cave and channeled into prying open something large enough for the demon to pass through. The growing ovular light shimmered and the faint image of Zaphas' home were visible from where she stood. The pedestal which had so recently held her stone cracked and then crumbled into dust on the floor. She lowered her arms, letting the excess energy burn off of her. Jenni inhaled deeply, and then exhaled

((The guy who handles my network threw a fit and locked everyone out. I'll post as much as I can in the mornings, but I'll probably be disconnected when I come home in the evenings))

Azure was gone for a while before coming back. It was dark out now. Someone was chewing her out as she let in the dog, who trotted to the corner where his food and water was and lapped up the liquid gratefully. "-I paid my rent to Wong, ask him. Have I once defaulted on the payment?" The man towered over her (although they all do, she's pretty short) and spoke in a thick Russian accent. "You not pay Wong, you pay me. You pay me in three days or I throw you and your mutt on the street! Three days!" He turned and left. She huffed and closed the door, throwing home all three locks that where on it. She started cursing in Latin. "Filius canis I'm not paying twice for the same apartment! He don't do this to me! I can charge him with harassment! Ivan can go I fututus et mori in igni!" She leans against the door.

---------------------

In a crack of leather he flew through nearly as fast as his tail moved. He shouted in demonic, putting a imp in charge of the home as he dashed inside, scooping up a backpack that already has a few valuables inside, stuffing in two records he loved, three books a few sets of mortal cloths before snagging the trench coat he one from a fleeing demon a while ago. Shoving a small bin of blueberries, strawberries, four mangos, three peaches two pairs and four apples, he dashed out of the house snapping his wings again and slipped through the portal once again before it closed. He figured if he helped her, he would get stronger and be able to slip back home when she no longer needed him. He skidded to a stop so sharply he fell on his back.

Nox looked up from his book, thanking his lucky stars that he didn't have to read any more drab about noble sacrifices and the american role in the war. The book Azure had given him was dry and when it wasn't dry it was propaganda. The dog was here which was a negative, but nonetheless. He raised an eyebrow at his 'master' =Financial Troubles?= he droned, looking back at the text. If the summoner couldn't even pay for a dump like this then he had no idea how she was still 'making it' as it were =Such language from one so young= he noted. =I am astonished=

------------------

She pinched the bridge of her nose as he dashed through the portal, turning to leave the way she came. The dying vworp as he left signaled he was gone, but she was bewildered to find that the sound repeated itself right before the portal winked out of existence completely. Jenni watched with surprise as the demon flung himself back through the portal a matter of seconds after he had entered. She blinked at him absently for a moment before regaining her senses "Yeah, well... If you're coming along then you'd better keep up" she said hesitantly, glancing between him and the backpack he'd brought, making no move to try and help him up. She squared her small shoulders and started forward at a brisk march.

((On mobile phone ))

"No.. they do this every time. I pay the rent at the correct time, and he comes up and dose this. Last time he came drunk and was trying to harass me." She sighed and sat in her chair. "Besides, I know a dead language. Why not use it to curse and no one can understand you?" She smerked.

----------

Zaphus got up and followed her outside the cave. He looked around in wonder at everything. "the mortal world has changed since I've been here..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

=I can understand= he mused. Then again, Latin was a second language to angels and demons. You could scarcely be called either without knowledge of how to read and write in its tongue. He glanced at her =Besides, this proves my appeal= This necromancer was too tenderhearted. She wouldn't get in trouble if she were at all powerful. He hummed a note that was almost the angered buzzing of a bee =You could but slay them=

------------------

She looked over her shoulder at him as she walked and then back at the vast pine forest stretching over the foothills. She didn't think the mountains looked all that different than they would have... whenever this demon was last on earth, but what did she know? There was a patchy little city down the way, but the landscape was as normal to her as a lilypad in a pond. Well, there was the highway too she supposed. However, the road went with the curvature of the surrounding land. Not distracting at all. She pursed her lips, winding off towards the barely-visible road "Unless you're talking about the town, I'm not sure what you could mean"

"Oh? Wouldn't you like that? I have my own way of dealing with him. Liz! Elizabeth....ah there you are!" She called and a ghostly shape of a young girl in a black outfit chains and lip piercings stood beside her. She looked to have died around sixteen. "Liz, could you mess with Ivan a bit. Follow him around. He's being an ass again. Maybe hide something so he starts suspecting the klepto who plays the rock music loudly at night and annoys everyone in the building. And you can have fun with the jigallo in room 312. Go nuts hun!"

She smiled as the girl grinned and disappeared. "I have friends on the other side. Liz likes to cause trouble. She's a restless spirit and I let her be, she owes me for not banishing her. She's trying to get help for her little brother and sister. I've been helping her when she can't. Why kill and deal with a screaming soul following you around when you can play with the mind and make them go insane?" She grinned at the demon.

-----------

"What year is it? I haven't been here since 1743.... and then I was in Scotland at the time." He said softly as he looked around. He spread his wings, cupping the air and taking a deep breath. "this is wonderful! Hell doesn't have such pure air! He beat his wings laughing before folding them.

He scrutinized both of the young ladies =Intricate Method= but never mind. He likely wasn't going to convince this one to change her methods any time soon, silly and childish as they were. Elizabeth or whatever her name was wouldn't be around forever after all. All spirits were eventually moved on naturally or by force and then passed either to eternal peace or torment. Nox personally wished on them torment, for his own interests.

------------------

She rolled her eyes at his enthusiasm, holding up an arm to shield herself from his flapping "That explains how quaint you are" Jenni mumbled with a tick of annoyance. Seriously, with the uncalled for coddling after she fought him. She had half a mind to smack him for that. He'd learn pretty quickly that you can't just put your hands all over unconscious people, especially pissed off people who don't like you and have the ability to whack you upside the head "You're in America, 2020" she explained "I don't know what 1700's Scotland was like, but I bet you won't get half of what's going on in the human side of things, even if you saw them"

She yawned. "I'm off to bed. Feel free to cause havoc, but no killing or maiming. You can help Liz if you'd like. A little demon intervention would do Ivan some good." She stopped and pinned his with a rich blue glare. "And no convincing people to kill me. You're not the first skeeming demon I've dealt with. I know you're trying to break me... it won't work." She closed the door behind her and the dog leaving him alone.

-----

"Just because I haven't left Hell doesn't mean I don't know what is going on. I can see through windows. Just can't get to the mortal world. " He plucked a flower and studied it. "And because I am nice doesn't mean I'm still not a demon. While you were knocked out I thought for a while, and can use this opportunity to see for myself what humans have accomplished. But as for your waking, I didn't want to set you down on a sloped floor. Blood rushing to your head with the amount of energy and power you expended could kill you. I am bound twice to you through the portals, but even then I had to use you to return correct? I couldn't let you die. " He said flatly, as if he wasn't proud of these thoughts that has occurred but he still acted upon them. Be lucky you called me and not some other demon or imp. They would have done more than hold you upright." He shook his head. He sounds like his father. He killed his father. He hated his father. Enough of this! His tail smacked the earth splintering a tree stump as he tries to get rid of such thoughts.

Well that was... generous of his host. She had said something earlier about not eating souls if he remembered correctly, but he didn't consume souls. He didn't even touch the stuff. It was the byproducts that he was after. Nox rose to an alarming height, the sharp impression of razor-like black wings unfurling dangerously from his back. He fanned them several times with short jerky movements, but they didn't seem to produce a breeze =I don't expect you to break= he chided her, even though she had already disappeared behind the closed door of her bedroom =But to bend perhaps?= he added as an afterthought. The aspect turned, apparating seamlessly into the city. Havoc. Widespread destruction. Devastation. To lay waste to something.

Though she had been vague, he could see the little necromancer manipulating their contract if she found out that he had disfigured someone emotionally or mentally enough that they became defective. With a stretch that could be called maiming. He'd just have to be careful what exactly he did. The demon took off, naturally gravitating towards the most miserable house that he could find within the slum-like portion of the city. While aspects normally attach to a single host and erode them over time, he found himself completely ravenous. He whittled the night away jumping between various members of the same family and strengthening himself with any despair, anguish, and anxiety he could find. It would be preferable if the necromancer didn't find out, but by then it would be too late anyway, wouldn't it?

------------------

"I'm not some dime-a-dozen mortal" she bristled, clenching her fists "I would've been fine without you putting your hands all over me" she stopped, turning around to face him --The thought occurred to her that she probably shouldn't be disclosing her full nature-- Life was ****ty enough without having people out to kill her in an attempt to get at her stone. Lord knows she already had enough run-ins with stalkers over the years. She huffed at him "Besides, any other demon or imp would currently be dead or following me around like a grovelling mutt. You got lucky that I was off my game."

The next morning she was making breakfast when she got a call. "Nox. " She said out loud knowing that he'd hear through the bond and has to come when she summoned him. On the table was a book of demons.

-----

"I-......... if you say so. I barely held you, but if that's how you see it, very well. Now, I should have a explanation of why I am.. loosely.. bound to you. No one summons Imps or demons without reason..... well it could happen but mostly people have a reasoning for things. " He said as he walked passed her in the direction she was going before. He doesn't cast a shadow. His wings and tail in the sun was shadow. He held the trench coat and backpack. It looked odd, like a vampire holding a toothbrush in a mirror, a backpack's shadow on the ground, floating there.

He looked up from the sleeping face of his latest victim, having sensed the call of the one he was currently bonded with. Well, if you really thought about it, victim was a strong word. He'd been recharging his daemonic energy all night, so at this point he wasn't coming anywhere close to draining his donors dry. Unlike some other aspects, he preferred to preserve his hosts for as long as possible. The longer their life, the more energy they produced over time. It was simply a habit he'd gotten into, he supposed. Nox fixed the child whose bed he was hovering over with a disturbingly affectionate gaze, running an incorporeal hand over their hair before whisking off to Azure's home. He arrived in a trail of smoke, his monstrous winged form manifesting for just a moment before the feathery appendages receded into his back and his height shrunk to what it had been before he left.

He looked around once his form had solidified, taking note of the blonde necromancer, followed by the food she was cooking. He hoped that she wasn't calling him to do mundane tasks, for example, cleaning her filthy pigeonhole of a residence, or toting things between rooms, or fetching a pitcher from two inches above her head. That would be the worst possible use of their pact. He exhaled sharply, raising an implied eyebrow =You require me?=

"Yes, we are going to a place where it would be a feeding frenzy for you. Anxiety, torment, pain worry.... breeds here like mosquitos in stagnant water." She paused. "Prison. Apparently one of the serial killers on death row is being haunted by his past victims.... who where fellow necro's and spiritualist and mediums. All women. These ladies we'd fight off so... they'd come back. They want me to take care of the problem because they can't kill a man who is insane according to law... and I wouldn't mind if you attach to one of those fellows. They deserve to have the worst after what they did in this world. The faster we send them to hell the better." She packed her things carefully and fed the dog before heading out the door. "Come along Nox."