Aroara and Arch

It's a romance. There will be romance. That's what I know so far. Also magic and bonds.

Characters:

Name:

Species:

Appearance:

Other:

--------------------

Name: Nox

Species: Aspect

Appearance:

-eyes: stormy blue

-hair: short, raven, curly

-skin: pale

-build: lightly toned, strong shoulders and chest, thin chiseled features

-overview: Nox is an imposing figure with shadows cast over many of his features, most especially his eyes. When a person looks at him, they will get the impression that he is a tall man with very pale skin, a sharp jaw and cheekbones, and sheets of dark ringlets coming just past his ears and into his face. He is usually described as wearing a long black trench coat or a robe, but there are some additional features that don't seem to stay put. Example: the shadowy form of wings, and/or a scythe. If concentrated on too hard, he seems to loose more and more definition on his features and the sharpness of his figure blurs. He usually appears to be frowning, smirking, neutral, or on occasion grinning. He is a very possessive and jealous creature and his expressions display that.

Other:

-Aspects a type of demon which attaches to humans and manipulates them into carrying out its will through intimidation

Name: Jennings

Species: Human (Reign Stone)

Appearance:

-eyes: hazel

-hair: long, brown

-skin: tanned, freckled

-height: 5'5"

-weight: 137 lbs

-build: athletic

Other:

-Infused with a celestial stone (Reign Stone)

-Can lift up to 1500lbs normally

-Supernatural senses (smell, sight, hearing, etc)

-Quick Healing

-competency with unlearned skills (ex: scaling a mountain with no previous experience)

-Reign Stone: drives holder to succeed in all endeavors

-Power Burst Mode

Edited by ArchiosLukos

((We didn't talk characters! I have four possible demons (three male) and two necromancer (one a bi male other straight female) I'll post two. You pick PM me if u want to see the others!))

Name: Azure

Species: human/necromancer

Appearance:[x] height- 5'0"

eyes- emerald green

hair- long, blonde

Other: has a red husky named koda [x]

Name: Zaphas

Species: demon

Appearance:[x]

Eyes- white with black ring, silt pupils

height-6'9"

wingspan- 25'

tail length- 5'6"

Other: he.. isn't really like other demons.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Azure sighed heavily as she chalked out the last rune in the circle. Alright now that's down... she brought out the vivian and lights a sprig letting it smoke for a little before grinding nightshade with holy water. Exorcism is complex work. She chopped up the ginger root, ground that as well and sprinkled the ground with the powder in another circle around her so she made a protective barrier. She didn't know however, the ceramic knife she used nicked her finger and a droplet of blood welled up. This ritual could go two ways. Water on the circle of runes called and banished the spirit haunting this old rickety house, blood on the runes and salt as well as water called and bound a demon.

She flicked salt in with one hand, water on the other, the blood mixing with the water droplets. The runes glowed red instead of gold. "****! Great! Oh great..." she sucked the hurt finger and waited for the demon to appear in the circle. If broken now the demon wouldn't be bound to her and cause chaos. She couldn't allow that.

The abyss was black. Of course, it wasn't really. The abyss wasn't anything at all, even nothingness. However, as far as human understanding could reach blackness was the closest descriptor. Blackness stretching on to the end of your nose. Thick and roiling like smoke and yet not seeming to move at all. It gave the illusion of being trapped for eternity and time became an object impossible to count after mere seconds. The abyss had a horrifying tendency to invade your very being, seeping in through your nose, your mouth, your eyes until there was nothing but you and it. It was ink and shadows. Pitch stacked atop tar piled over with void all culminating in a crushing sort of emptiness. It was a specific kind of torture only reserved for some, but unfortunately to fight your way back into the comparatively more neutral parts of hell, you had to fight through the abyss. That is, if you are unlucky enough to be banished there rather than some other circle. This is the fate which awaited daemonic creature Nox. He had only just recently been exorcised, so the journey from hell back to the human realm was going to take a while...

However, today (for all the word meant in this place) was a lucky one. He felt a distinctive latching sensation in his spine, and like a fish being dragged by a fisherman's line he was pulled from his torment. Demons were fairly helpless once this sensation set in, able to carry out just as much action as a kitten being toted about by its mother. And so Nox did not try to fight his way out of it. In fact, this was his direct line to freedom. The summoning circle burst with dark smog which quickly reached towards the edges before streaking up the sides of its containment, held back as if by an invisible wall. It was then that the daemonic presence appeared, looming over the rest of the fetid scene, nearly reaching to the ceiling. Nox broke into a grin, baring a set of sharpened alabaster fangs at his summoner as the fog began to clear. Now... He stepped forward, placing the impression of a clawed hand with slender fingers unflinchingly against the walls of his containment even as it burned him =A little maiden= he growled. She could hear his gravelly voice clearly, despite the absence of any movement from his fanged mouth.

=Such a tiny thing are you= he hissed =To summon myself=

((I will introduce Jenni at some point soon))

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Azure looked up at the demon. "Is there some miracle grow in hell that makes y'all so dang tall? And maiden?! Really? It's the twenty first century, we don't use that word. So... who in Hell are you, and from what level of Hell? Oh and before you get any ideas..." She pulled out a 45 caliber Kimber and cocked it taking out one bullet from the chamber slowing it to him. "See these? My own making. Hallow point, made of blessed silver and holy water. This will banish poltergeists as well as lesser demons and seriously hurt the higher ones. I might be tiny, but I pack quite the punch." She glared up at him. "Besides, I called you by accident. My blood is ancient. Older the wiser, older the more powerful." She smirked tilting her head.

The large figure resumed his full stance and removed his still-steaming palm from the edge of the circle =Arrogant I see= his smile died down to a condescending smirk. Such a small thing. Such a small thing, yes, but one powerful and knowing of the old ways. He wondered just how much he could take from her before she gave way. Nox stared unflinchingly down the barrel of her pistol. She could do nothing to him. Nothing that he couldn't endure. After all, what was another thousand years trapped in hell to an infinite being? =You think yourself a great thing= he cooed at her. His large form seemed to shrink somewhat, hovering at around seven foot in height. Despite all the reasons she had given for any regular demon to be frightened, he seemed unaffected

=But I shall not kneel=

"I am the most sought after necromancer. And I never said to kneel. Just you better obey my orders or I'd send you farther then where you came from. " She knelt and drew two symbols of power binding outside the demon's side of the barrier, adding vivarian ash to it and the finger bone of a dead man to the pile. This will create a sort of illusion shell around a demon. She will see him like this, in his true form. "Mortals" -more like those who lack the sixth sense- will see him as a man, similar to the demon's actual form. This "body" also acts as a power cocoon. Stronger abilities wouldn't be used so easily without consent from her ((or stretching and finding a loophole as demons are known for)) but lesser power would slip through. To top it off, she squeezed out another drop of blood to completely seal him to her so he couldn't slip out and destroy everything.

With this done she carefully blew the marks at him into the protective barrier. When complete, she broke the circle around him. "Can you step out and help me get rid of this poltergeist now?" She said a little bored as she put away her gun.

((Or is that god moding?))

He watched quietly as she worked, =Servant I am not= he hissed dangerously, though the seething comment was directed mostly at himself. Hmm. Demons under contract are not allowed to directly harm or disobey direct orders from their new masters. However, that didn't prevent them from, say, dropping them off a cliff or making another person skewer them with a fire poker. From the looks of what the small girl was doing, he wouldn't be able to leave her side for more than 20 feet unless she ordered it either. He smirked as she broke the circle and politely asked for his help. How considerate of her. However, it was a very rookie thing of her to do. Still, he didn't have reason to leave her side, so perhaps a warning =Let me give you some advice= he purred. His deep voice rumbled not unlike that of a panther's. Rough and yet somehow softer than black velvet. The demon rushed forward with imperceptible speed, taking Azure by the shoulders and shoving her against one of the decrepit walls, leaving her feet dangling in midair. The towering demon was, however, careful not to cause her any injury. He held his featureless face mere inches away from hers =Only make demands= he murmured, releasing Azure's arms and letting her fall roughly to the ground

((You didn't make my character do anything. Besides, it's a godmod that's acceptable in this situation))

Azure looked blankly at him after she yelped from being picked up and pushed against the wall. When he dropped her she popped her neck and brushed her shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry, allow me to to clarify. What I meant was- Get your sorry demonic ass over there and fix those runes properly. Then light the white candle first, then red, then blue, then green, and then black one last. After that, light the vivariran while I mix the nightshade ginger and water and fix the circle. Is that enough of a demand for you?" She retorted as she straightened her Victorian style dress and narrowed her emerald green eyes at him.

=You are improving= he conceded, having already turned to regard the somewhat jacked summoning circle. It would need to be re-drawn. The old marks had already disintegrated for the most part. He looked over the supplies presented to him, suddenly appearing to take up less of the room than he had previously. Azure could judge him to be a little over a foot taller than her now. It was a much more comfortable height to look at anyway, but as an aspect Nox appeared as he wanted at the time. He wasn't entirely corporeal to begin with after all. He knelt wordlessly, taking the piece of the chalk she'd left behind and quickly beginning to sketch over the blackened outline of the old circle. His hand was steady and practiced, as if he had done this a thousand times before =Of course, we could fight the soul= he noted, etching in runes and additional lines around the edge of the circle =It would be quicker=

"Quicker yes, but the soul will return faster then being banished. Fight, come back within three months. Banish, and another one of these wouldn't be needed from let's say.... fifty to two hundred years? And this particular one keeps all malevolent souls out and away from this place. You though are bound to me. It wouldn't affect you as much than if you weren't bound. " She says as she worked, carefully cutting the ginger, not wanting another demon tied to her. She briefly wondered how her fellow necromancer Jenni was doing. Never mind that, she had a job to do. She finished her part and waited for the demon to finish his. "Azure. My name is azure. I assume other demons call you by a name. Care to tell me what it is?" She satiated, her tone saying she was only asking as a formality, and it wasn't really a question.

Jenni crouched, placing her hand against the smooth untouched surface of the cave floor. This is where she had first found the reign stone and where she had acquired her powers. Before that point she had been so weak, and she would have never known. At this point she couldn't imagine what she would have done had a demon come along. Not have noticed it, just like the rest of the humans she supposed.

Directly ahead was the pedestal. The runes inscribed on it's faces no longer glowed and without the stone there had already started to wear out, but at least she could read them now. They warned of exactly what the stones did, what this one did to her. Heh. If only she had known at the time. That wasn't to say that she would have taken it back. Not if she had the knowledge she did now. The brunette girl stood and walked up to it. Residual power clung to this place. Enough to make another small army of imps. While weak, in numbers they could easily take out a dozen regular humans. Or a hunter. Maybe a supernatural or two... A necromancer.

She smiled deviously. Imps were easy enough to summon and easier to control, stupid as they were. Her methods relied heavily on luck and the ability to subdue her opponents, but from the right circle of hell, there was minimal chance of drawing out anything too large to handle. She inhaled deeply and sighed, closing her eyes. Jenni held out her palms and a bright purple light began to emanate from them, pulsing with each heartbeat and lighting up the veins in her forearm. A small wavering portal popped into existence in front of her. It was a relatively weak link, meant only to allow lesser daemons passage and thus bind them in the process.

She reached through it with her powers, seeking out daemonic presences and trying to drag them into her snare.

Zaphus was definitely not a lesser demon.... just... weakened. Shadow demons rule the middle and lower rings of Hell. They feed off of fear, so the more demon like and more frightening the better. Weaker ones can manipulate shadows around them and create "windows" of shadows from hell to the mortal world where they make monsters of shadows and frighten children to gain power. Stronger ones can walk through them as doors. Zaph was a son of a frightening demon. Not all shadow demons have wings, horns it tails. They did have claws like diamonds, strength to rip through a car like it was tin. They did have sharp fangs, long and curving ones that was hard to miss although Zaphus was the only one with a second smaller set behind the first.

Zaph was weakened because he refused to frighten mortals. He built a actual home in the first ring, and the imps asked him to protect them from the bully demons there. So in thanks they bring him earthly contraband. Demons don't have to eat, but if you find a carcass in the dark woods (animal or human) ripped to ribbons, it was more likely a meal for a shadow demon. The human part is what made him a vegetarian. Imps brought him seeds and he managed to grow them in the harsh soil of Hell. All sorts of things, from edible plants to flowers and trees, he grew it all. Demons stayed away for the sweet smell was too sickening for them.

It was at this moment, Zaphus felt a tug. He was weeding his garden at the time and resisted until he was nearly dragged through the portal. He stood and brushed off his black pants, the only clothes he had on and growls half heartedly at the girl. He flexed his half feathered half bat like wings out behind him, trying to look imposing... and yet at the same time his tail curled around his legs as if he didn't want to look intimidating. His eyes hidden amongst feathery raven black bangs, his long hair dusting his shoulders. "It is rude to interrupt a demon, woman. Why have you called me here?" His voice was affected from the four fangs that flashed as he spoke. It was deep, airy and gravely. It sounded like a Dragon speaking.

Jenni lowered her arms which were still aglow with magic. The woman smiled despite herself, both impressed and somewhat intimidated by what she had managed to summon. That portal... was only supposed to let imps through. Did this demon force it open further or was the equivalent power enough to let him pass? The corner of her mouth ticked down. This was probably something to do with the reign stone that she didn't yet understand yet. However, she was moved by her own success if you could call it that. "Victory, Reign." a familiar presence insisted. Jenni's eyes flashed with the purple aura of the reign stone and her frown quickly returned to a smirk once more. This was fine. More than fine even! "I was attempting to summon a few imps, but since you're here, how would you like to be my partner?" she offered, suddenly struck with the 'great' idea. The words practically tumbled out of her mouth before she took the time to comprehend them "Since you are a more powerful demon than I expected," or at least more powerful looking anyway "I'd even be willing to pay your way" Gradually the pulsing light in her veins dimmed and went out and she placed her hands on her hips. She'd never actually made any sort of pact with a demon before, but hell! She'd get a lot more mileage out of one more powerful celestial than a bunch of puny ones.

"What do you say? I can offer you almost anything"

"There is nothing you can offer me that I don't already possess,...... other than my freedom." He said sarcastically. "And my guess is that part is hidden in the 'almost' anything." He bore his four fangs, separated by four small white normal looking teeth, and surrounded by more of the pearly whites. The fangs looked almost silver instead of white, making them stand out more. He had two lower fangs, but they were like normal human canines, just a little sharper. He hissed out his next words. "As for our...... partnership, it depends on what I am to do. You go against my nature, I can resist. It would be like teaching a cat to bark like a dog. Choose your words carefully lady." He folded his wings and snapped his tail like a whip. Even weakened as he was he still could crush a steel beam like a soda can with it.

What he lacked in magic, he made up in brute force.... although he didn't like harming others, demons left him no choice but to fight if he wanted to live. His own eyes seems to glow as the light dimmed. He flipped his bangs away so he looks straight at her with his white irises lined in black around the edges, and his narrow snake like pupils. He crossed his scarred ghostly white arms across his even more scared chest with a low rumble that was a growl. Looking so scary has its perks. Hopefully she takes his bluff.

Luckily for him, or perhaps not so much, she seemed to be enamored with his fearsome appearance. The fangs which he was so quick to throw about obviously exciteed rather than frightened her. The woman's eyes practically gleamed as she took note of his tail and her gaze roved over the sculpted curve of his dark wings. She looks at him like a predator would a rather fine piece of prey, and it leads one to wonder whether this is just in his case or if she always does this sort of thing "It's a simple thing, really" she clasps her hands together, still paying more attention to Zapha's body than the demon himself. For a mortal, she's sure as hell cockier than most of them come. But he's pretty sure he could take her down in a brawl. She's tiny after all, even with whatever magic or reagents she may have at her disposal "I have a side project going on. You help me. I don't try to banish you back to hell or kill you and you're free to roam and become effective king or overlord of whatever part of the world you want"

"We could make it official, but I prefer relationships built off good old fashioned trust and common interest" She doesn't have anything to offer him that he doesn't already posses? All the riches of the world? Huge tracts of land? Once this is done she will literally have everything, and in the whole wide world there has to be something that this demon doesn't already own. Worldwide fame alone would be a hefty reward

--------------------

He honestly didn't see the problem. The little maiden seemed to have no qualms with summoning him, so why the hesitation to less-temporarily banish a poltergeist? Surely she didn't live-- Unless... Though his eyes were not visible, it was possible to discern the gangly demon watching her as she cut the ginger root. Ah. He understood now. Well, he wasn't sure why she went to all the trouble to so firmly bind him when she was obviously just going to dispose of him after she'd slain her poltergeist =I am known as Nox= he purred, watching her curiously as he chalked in the last rune =But Azure is a strange name. For mortals at least= The aspect set to lighting the candles as per his orders, again with that same quick hand.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

He sighed, wings drooping. He dropped the act and showed his true colors. Although his voice was deep, he spoke softly to her. "You're not understanding me. I had what I wanted." He waved a hand in the air and the shadows formed a window in the shadows. Through it she saw a single room made of dark wood and lots of windows with no glass in them. He didn't need real windows in Hell, it never rained there. The room had a nest made of feathers and leaves in the corner, a little fire place, a small bookshelf with books and records both housed in it. A shiny brass gramophone sat on top of the little book shelf. By the fire was a rocking chair made of red wood.

He waved again and it zoomed to another window, where outside was awash of color and vibrant flowers bloomed. "Please, send me back. I will tell your offer to my Imps and they will be happy to comply. I am shunned by my own kind. I don't kill, or eat flesh. I want peace, not war, and quite, not fame. I had what I wanted. Do you get me now?" he waved the image away. "There isn't much we have in common now is there? And I don't trust you, you are more like the other demons, and I don't like them. Not one bit."

------------------------

"My mother was a pianist. Azure is a song she loves. When I was born half dead and blue faced, that was my name. Azure Symphony Evans. Even the orchestra kids laughed at that. " She said like she said it a million times before. She finished her work and sprinkled the salt and water in after making the circle. It flashed gold and a image of a young man flashed in the ring before the circle turned to ash again and the candles went out. She got a hand broom and dust pan out of her large canvas bag and handed him a plastic bowl. "Hold this. The ask is still good for later use. " She sweeps it up and sets everything in her bag neatly before hefting it on her shoulder. It was nearly as big as she was length wise and definitely larger width wise. She made no move for her gun or to banish him. He could be useful later. "Come on. You're sleeping on the couch until I get the other room set up for you." She walked out of the old home and set her bag in the back of a old rusty elcomino before climbing up into the drivers seat. It was a miracle she could see above the dash.

((Haha. I have to figure out how to negotiate Zaphas into staying. Excuse Jenni while she internally monologues))

Azure got the impression that the demon narrowed his eyes at her as she left the room. No gun. No spells. No ritual. Was she really going to keep him around and spend every waking moment trying to make sure that he wasn't draining her energy? This little maiden did know his trade, didn't she? He glode after her, still holding the bowl full of ash in his hands. He looked at her vehicle strangely before somewhat hesitantly appearing in the seat opposite her. Strange human technology, but they were known to be crafty, always wanting more than they already had.

--------------------

"What, that portal didn't actually bind you, did it?" She supposed it had been odd, the way he hadn't immediately tried to escape. Or maybe there was some sort of honor code. Jenni hadn't actually dealt with this sort of thing before-- She deflated somewhat. Well, she respected the desire to just be at home and do mundane ordinary things. It was strange. Really that was about the only thing she's wanted to do for a long time-- but it was different now-- Still, she couldn't just make this demon come along and do whatever she wanted. He had a life. Her brow furrowed in concentration and she started to pace. She had this overbearing feeling that she should just bind him anyway-- It was her goal. This was a perfect opportunity but-- Jenni gritted her teeth. No, she really couldn't do this it was just... "Goddamnit" she hissed to herself, trying to clear her head. However, there was that ever persistent reminder "Victory, Reign." She needed to be the best. She needed to be better. She needed to improve herself, but with nothing left to improve, it left her short on options.

Azure took the bowl and set it between them. She started the car and headed off through the city to a shady part of town. Here she got out at a short ugly brick building. The only color on it was pink curtains on the bottom right window and the gang tags on the warn brick. She pulled out her bag and headed in and up to the top floor, across the warn stained ugly 70's green shag carpet to her door. The brass numbers had fallen off but the peeling paint still outlined the numbers 472. Unlucky numbers to the joint Russian and Chinese attendants of the building. Unlucky numbers to the ghost girl. She went inside. It was painted a dark midnight blue with miss matched second hand furniture that sagged in places or had a stain on spots. There was three doors off the living room and the kitchen was open.

One door was open, reveling a bathroom with roses painted on the walls. The other two were closed. Other than a few lamps and a microwave, there wasn't any electronic devices in her home. She set her bag on the floor and hung up her coat on the rack by the door. "This is my home. Criticize it if you want, but keep it to a minimum. I only make so much. " She sighed as she sank in a saggy but plush chair that seemed fit for a child and was perfect for her tiny form.

------------

"In a way, I can feel that much. That and I am weak not wanting to be a proper demon, thus is stuck on this plain unless I frighten people to get stronger. Until then, I can only create windows, not doors. He toyed with his tail like a nervous child waiting to get a big punishment as he watched her pace. "I can't go back unless you send me there."

She ceased her pacing, seeming to consider something "...Fight me for it" she said, looking over at him "You defeat me, I create a portal to send you back to hell. I defeat you and you accompany me without complaint" That was fair enough. It gave him a sporting chance so she didn't have to feel like she was kicking a dog when she bound him and on the odd chance she did lose then... Well, it would give her another weakness to overcome. But she wouldn't lose "Deal?"

((If you need to know exactly how strong/durable she is and what powers she has then just ask))

--------------------

He was quiet for the duration of the ride. The demon was much less looming than he had originally been when she summoned him. Docile almost? Azure didn't have to look at his fangs anyway. He did seem to perk up once they entered the impoverished part of town, leering at any pedestrians they passed with what appeared to them as eerily bright golden eyes He hissed faintly as they came upon the defiled apartment. He appeared in the door behind her, looking over the house with distinct discontent =You speak of power= he rumbled unhappily. The front door closed behind him =and yet you are in this place= He disappeared for a moment, only to coalesce beside her chair, twining partway around it and staring intensely at her =You can't take riches?=

((I will have to know how strong she is eventually ..))

Zaphus froze. Fight? A mortal? He shook his head. I only fight to protect myself. And you're a mortal. My mother was a fire Dragon demon, and made my skin like Dragon scales. Unless you have claws as hard as demons, you can't harm me. His arms and legs are smooth Dragon scales. Up to his elbows and knees discoloring the skin to a light purple. The rest was tough skin. Hard to cut but could be cut. He was the only shadow demon who can call black fire to his hands. Besides, the last time he fought he got in one punch before the dog demon ran off.

-----------

"Power and wealth aren't really the same thing. I was rich, until the supernatural world came out of the dark when I was ten and my step dad cut me off and disowned me at sixteen when I said I saw dead people. This wasn't my first choice, but the only one I can get and still afford my materials. They aren't cheap..." She said, pinching her nose like she had a headache. "Sure I can frighten people, raise a bunch of undead and create the ultimate apocalypse, and demand ransom for stopping it, but what's the point? Demons like you seek those with power and wealth. I'd rather not be on the radar. It gives me the element of surprise. Did you expect a little girl such as myself to be outside the summoning cycle?" She looked at him and raised her eyebrows at him.

"Don't underestimate me!" she snapped, puffing up defensively at his implications. She could fight perfectly well. Taking down a demon his size would be easy! A play fight. She'd just have to make him fight to protect himself then, because she wasn't taking no for an answer! Her eyes lit up and her muscles tensed, the only indication she gave before rushing the pale demon at speeds definitely above the normal human range. The small woman pulled her arms close, clearly trying to ram him into the wall with the intent of doing combined damage from both her and the wall.

((I suppose I could tell you here. Uhm. Kinda long, but she has supernaturally fast reflexes and speed. I believe last time I checked she clocked in around 45mph if you give her enough of an open space. She can lift 1500lbs max on a regular day, maybe more in an emergency. Moderate strain is around 900-1000 though. Her celestial stone gives her increased regeneration and some added toughness, but she's not much more durable than a regular human))

--------------------

=What's the point of life= he curled further around the chair to her other side, leaving a thick smoke-like substance hanging in the air behind him. Whether or not he expected to be confronted by her was not the question, and if he was brutally honest, he expected someone of the male sex. Her age and stature wouldn't have affected him had she been male. Nox resumed his thought, curling into the appearance of a kneeling position with his elbows resting on the arm of her chair. =Not squalor I assure you= He cocked his head, smiling in the impression of patronizing sympathy =Why should you not take=

((He's weak, but can shadow travel up to a mile without resting for five minutes, and in the Rp I already said some power and strengths. He just can't transport back to Hell without help. He himself can move without help at the same speed in his legs and arms, but his tail can be as fast as a Rattle snake (that is up to 175mph) from experience and reflex. He can fly fast though.. but it's cumbersome to run with wings.))

Zaphus didn't move his body, but his tail was lightning. It whipped at her. "I Told you, it is useless-" His tail had moved to fast. Much like a snake strikes faster then human recognition, hit tail had done the same. If it hit, it wouldn't register just yet. She hit him and knocked him back to the walls where he flared his wings out so they wouldn't break from the impact. He coughed and growls whipping his tail around her waist and squeezed like a python. She wasn't kidding about this.

------------------

She waved the smoke away from her. "Speak English, you're making absolutely no sense to me. I just told you why I don't take." She got up and moved breaking the smoke trail and opened a window before moving to the kitchen to make a sandwich. "If you need to eat, go eat but it can't be human souls from the living. I'm just glad you aren't some sort of succubus. I would've gotten rid of that kind right away."

She obviously didn't understand. He wasn't telling her to take over the entire world, but she could have plenty. Fine food. Well-made clothing. A home that didn't smell like human filth. This wasn't one of those 'clinging to their morals' types, was it? Normally that would be enjoyable to break down, but he got the impression that she was not the type to break down. Not in the way he liked. =It's evolution= he explained patiently, trailing after her =The strong are meant to indulge= =With restraint of course= he added, mostly for her benefit.

------------------

She flew back several feet from his strike. While her eyes were able to perceive his tail moving perfectly, her body was far too slow to even consider moving before it had struck her. Jenni yelped, staggering a few more steps as a long red welt began to form along her side. Christ. She needed to do this quickly before he could land too many blows with that tail of his. She started running forward to ram him again when she caught mid-stride by his tail. The small woman growled back at him, but Zaphas could detect that his python-like vice was already taking effect. He could feel her trying to force out deep breaths against his scales, but at the same time she was still trying to fight him, swinging her fists at his stomach and what more 'vulnerable' parts she could (as they were honestly some of the only things she could reach since he was so damn tall)

((edit: While Jenni is tenacious and strong for her... mortalness, do feel free to knock her out out beat her within an inch of her life if that's what Zaphas would be inclined to do. As long as she isn't dead))

Edited by ArchiosLukos

"Not here. Not now.Things are different now." She said flatly as she slapped peanut butter on one side of the bread and grape jelly on the other piece. She fitted them together and sliced it in half before taking a bite. "Yes we have power... but those in higher seats then us fear us, and will end us if we try to take power quickly. You know... Fight or flight? I don't want to join the dead just yet, so being in a place like this... well, it's more than one advantage. Surely you understand that?" She leans against the counter looking at him.

--------

Zaphus tightened his tail in reflex after being hit where... ok he didn't get a lot of sun anyway but he still was a man and it still hurt. He lowered his arms so the toughened skin absorbed the blows. When he felt her go weak he dropped her and caught her, laying her down on the ground. He checked her pulse and made sure she was still breathing.