Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Midnight-Rider

Favorite Classical Works?

9 posts in this topic

I havent seen a thread for this yet, so I decided to make it!

What is your favorite classic book or books? Any recommendations for some?

My personal favorites are To Kill A Mocking Bird, Where The Red Fern Grows, Moby Dick, Black Beauty, to start on some!

So, yeah, discus below!

I've liked most of the classics I've read in high school, though we had a lot of contemporary works rather than classics so I haven't read many of the "staples" of high school english.

The ones I remember the best were Jane Eyre, The Call of the Wild, Heart of Darkness, and 1984.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

When I read the topic title I thought you meant classical as in Ancient Greek and Latin, lol.

Lolita, Animal Farm, War of the Worlds, Little Women, Call of the Wild, Wuthering Heights, TKAM, The Invisible Man, Black Beauty, White Fang, 1984, Slaughterhouse Five, and more that I'm not remembering now. I'm not actually sure if all of these are considered classics but whatever

Just realized that my list is kinda long. If I had to condense into a top three: Lolita, Black Beauty, and Animal Farm. And Call of the Wild. Guess that makes it a top 4.

Edited by glamoursea2

I need to read some of those, actually! Im going to read A Tale of Two Cities soon for history plus others I cant remember the name of right now.

Voltaire's Candide is actually pretty funny (at least, in French - I'm not sure how well it translates, as I've never read it in English). And I absolutely love The Bald Soprano - just as much fun to read as it is to watch.

I actually have a lot that I can consider as favorites xd.png though I must say these were the most memorable ones for me.

-Count of Monte Cristo

-The Secret Garden

-Little Lord Fauntleroy

-The Incredible Journey

-Tess of D'Urbervilles

-Pride and Prejudice

-Anne of Green Gables

-Heidi

-The Social Cancer

Where the Red Fern Grows still brings tears to my eyes whenever I read it. So much nostalgia xd.png

Posted (edited)

It would be easier for me to do favourite classical authors, I think (I'm really bad at choosing favourite books).

-Alexandre Dumas

-Wilkie Collins

-Charles Dickens

-H.G. Wells

-Daphne Du Maurier

-Margaret Atwood

-F.Scott Fitzgerald

Edited by owlion

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0