zaverxi

August Release

"this egg is sitting in a patch of burning flowers even though there is no sun or fire source in the cave"

A patch of burning flowers? XD Lol, sounds ridiculous.

Just to mention to those hoping for rares in this Release, going by what I've seen and heard over the years, most people don't hunt 'rares' (most of which are intended to be no more than unCommon anyway) because they're 'rare' (something seen as merely counterproductive to people who want at least a couple of scroll-fulls of eggs of the most beautiful/useful dragons to have enough for breeding, scroll goals, whatever) but because they want/need and can't catch them.

Sure, some of the fastest hunt specifically for high-value 'rares', and generally for trade, since only a limited number of people can catch them with the fastest continually hunting for a supply generally far exceeding what they'd hunt for themselves, but otherwise, average-speed members would tend to hunt for what they need for their scrolls or for the odd gift/trade and then have enough of whatever their individual 'enough' is - if they could actually catch them. It's a cycle, driven by trade values which have been distorted in recent years.

Not catching dragons isn't perceived as a fun and positive use of leisure time by all that many people, especially when all they see hunting are generally dragons they already have enough of and don't want more of, at least at full time. It works out to a boring waste of effort and nothing more.

For many, probably most of us, catching the dragons we want/need is fun, and having more new ones Released to catch is fun, but for the average player, anything that goes rare is a waste of a sprite and of various lines and lineages we're then shut out of.

Rares might work in some games but the concept of only the relative (& fastest) few being able to see/catch special dragons Dropping in the Cave so that most people miss out on them really doesn't seem to be a good fit at DC, where we seem to be mostly rabid collectors with average-to-slow systems and of all ages, from all over the world, having joined DC BECAUSE we could play with slower systems and originally, at least, have a chance at eventually catching any regularly Dropping dragon in the Cave...

Luckily, it appears that TJ doesn't see much point, (going by a quote I've seen,) of putting all that time and effort into a Release from which a only few people benefit, leaving the rest of the members out.

Unfortunately, we still wind up with a lot of blockers and with the only dragons we want/need being typically invisible dragons we never even see, taking the whole point out of hunting at all.

So, yeah, I'm personally totally hoping for no more rares - intended or not - ever, lol, because the thrill of the more-difficult catch is such a major part of the experience that some people here have never had and may never get, when 'difficult-to-catch' means 'impossible to even see' for so many players.

I do hope that we have a Release which we can all catch (but which won't be either invisible or wind up as yet another blocker) somewhere toward/at the end of the month.

I love Pygmies myself, but must admit that since not everyone collects them that they do tend to become blockers and the same goes for Two-headed dragons and others not so universally breedable, so I'll be hoping for regular dragons, with at least one Dropping in the Cave.

Lol, I'd had a theory, based on the effects of previous Releases, that at least some of the pressure might be off the Zenos for a bit and that with more movement, more would appear. Gotta hate those inconvenient, nasty little facts which spoil great theories!

I would be ready for a Release this weekend! Really like the excitement of a Release. And there are all those really good-looking dragons languishing on the 'done' list.

Surprisingly I'm ready for a new release. I have my 40 or so spirit wards and would like something new to hunt (or a hybrid to breed).

Oh I know. But there is this one dragon that I had my eye on that is gone from the list so I'm hoping it's going to be released sooner or later

Another Friday rolls around and since it's only the 5th I can probably be pretty safe in assuming that there will be no Release tomorrow. But I can hope. I'm ready for one.

I reaaaally want another release soon. I haven't had much luck lately with cave hunting.

For once I'm not in a hurry for a new release. I used to mostly just collect dragons, but between xenos, spirit wards, and acquiring some more cb metals I've been inspired to start a lot of projects. I'm breeding as fast as cooldowns and 7 eggslots will let me, and I still have a long way to go on all of them.

I certainly won't say no to something pretty appearing this weekend, but I'm happy enough without it for another couple weekends.

Better than any release - TJ increasing the max egg slots we can have to at least 8. biggrin.gif

I am so ready for new dragons- just not in two weeks wink.gif I am going for vacation with my mum, and tho I left password and instructions to my roomate I am nervous she will have enough time for catching them.

There is this nice surprise effect when we get new eggs, wondering how it looks like, but sometimes, deep in heart I regret we cannot vote which will be released (bad idea, but veggie dragons are better than life).

Really doubt there'll be a release tomorrow, but I'd be fine with it if it was.

Hmmmm... Trying to figure out whether to give up now and go breed some eggs, or if I should hold out until tomorrow. Last time I held out and there was a 2am release xd.png

Hmmmm... Trying to figure out whether to give up now and go breed some eggs, or if I should hold out until tomorrow. Last time I held out and there was a 2am release xd.png

It's too early since the last release. I could be wrong but I don't think we'll have one today.

Yeah, much as I'd like one we've not had one this early in the month for a long time. But I'll stop what I'm doing and bide a wee.

Im hoping there isn't going to be a release this early! *drags 21 CB Spirit Wards off shoulders and shoos back home* I still need to catch the male/female ratios back up! 12 of each gender has worked out for the females but not the males.

But I am still excited about the possibilities. If they're going to be released this week, Im hoping it'll wait today and tomorrow. Then Ill have pretty much all of the space. xd.png

I for one am super glad it wasn't this weekend since not only did I have to work, my windows update broke my computer. *SOB* Trying desperately to rescue all my files and reset it to a non-screwed-up status. I can't afford a new computer right now.

Using my PS3's browser to type this, good thing I'm reasonably fast with my thumbs. tongue.gif

Edited by zaverxi

my windows update broke my computer.

I'm sorry that my first response to these words was to burst out laughing! xd.png

Because I understand completely. Poorly-timed Windows 8 quirks have cost me rares before. (Who the hell thought screen-blocking popups from the OS itself was a good idea??)

I'm with a lot of other people. I'd love to see another drake and/or hybrid. I keep checking the completed list to see if the four dragons I'd love to see the most are gone but no such luck.

I'd be ready for a Release this weekend, next weekend - I just love Releases. As long as the eggs don't turn out to be Biome blockers like the Bday eggs are.

ETA: Jeeze - nothing to do but sit and wait in the Biomes staring at the same three blockers - nothing to do in the AP staring at the same eggs. Only thing left to do is wait for another Release. DULLLLLLLLLLL.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I'd be ready for a Release this weekend, next weekend - I just love Releases. As long as the eggs don't turn out to be Biome blockers like the Bday eggs are.

ETA: Jeeze - nothing to do but sit and wait in the Biomes staring at the same three blockers - nothing to do in the AP staring at the same eggs. Only thing left to do is wait for another Release. DULLLLLLLLLLL.

Well, I'm happy about the Magelights being blockers - makes it much easier for me to hoard them! biggrin.gif

I'd love a new release! But nothing too demanding like xenos turned out to be. I'm pretty happy with the ratio of spirit ward drops, though. A new hybrid, I repeat, would be great. smile.gif

*picks up megaphone, yells* Hybrids please!! :3

I don't even care which breeds I just wanna have the fun of trying out different combinations~ Also it's nice because you can get as many as you want without competing with everyone else for the new egg(s). c: Though an Encyclopedia/site features update would be lovely, too. (Description markers, pretty please?? :3)

As for when? It's probably going to be the one day of the month I'm not going to be home, with my luck. XD (I had family events going on the days of the Xenowyrm and Spirit Ward releases, and then on the 29th of this month my mom and I are going out of town for a concert.) Ah well. *sigh*

Well, I'm happy about the Magelights being blockers - makes it much easier for me to hoard them! :D

Hear, hear! :D *points to her own flock of the cuties* <3

I'm sorry that my first response to these words was to burst out laughing!  xd.png 

Because I understand completely.  Poorly-timed Windows 8 quirks have cost me rares before.  (Who the hell thought screen-blocking popups from the OS itself was a good idea??)

Your amusement probably comes from the fact that windows updates are supposed to FIX the computer, not break it. I have managed to reclaim my computer from evil gremlins, although I am not going to try to upgrade to Windows 10 anymore, that's been what's causing my problems. dry.gif

But back on subject!

What I'd love to have is not just one hybrid, but a bunch! Have it be a 'soft' release with 4 or 5 hybrids, that way no one's fighting to get into the cave, no one's complaining because everyone else is getting tons of the new dragons and they can't (Read: me) and everyone will be distracted with trying to find out what combinations make the hybrids. biggrin.gif Mass dragon breedings might give the AP some new species of dragons for once instead of the usual same 30 or so types of dragons that everyone is constantly breeding for whatever reason.

Edit: I just had an incredibly evil idea.

What if metallic hybrids? wink.gif Gold+Copper or Silver+Gold or Silver+Copper=Alloy? xd.png

Edited by zaverxi

Edit: I just had an incredibly evil idea.

What if metallic hybrids? wink.gif Gold+Copper or Silver+Gold or Silver+Copper=Alloy? xd.png

Then all those poor souls unlucky enough to have ZERO CB metals will be screaming their heads off - and rightly so - about being excluded. Remember the GoN/Avatar fiasco when all those without GoNs didn't get to celebrate? So while the 'Alloys' sounds like a lot of fun - for my Scroll at least, let's take pity on those with no CB Metals and have regular Releases that everyone can enjoy.