Wakadooia

Strategies to Raising an Egg

What are your strategies to raising an egg? For me, since I only try to get CBs, I usually wait until the egg has about for days left until it dies, then put it on a hatchery site. I'm wondering if there are any different ways to get an egg to hatch quicker, I am aware of the "magic" time, however.

Personally I put mine in hatcheries once they're at least a day old, then I incubate them when they're under 5 days 6 hours.

I usually stick them on EATW right away, and fog them when I leave for the night (or if they somehow get sick). Once they're 6 days and under I'll add them to three other fansites and keep them unfogged even while I'm unable to watch them.

I just wait until their 5days and 15 hours to put them in 7-8 different hatcheries.

Really? That's a ton of hatcheries, how often do you get sick eggs?

I usually put all my eggs in one hatchery as soon as they're caught/laid, except rare ones or during holidays when the hatcheries are busier, then I wait up to 24 hours.

When the eggs have 6 days left I incubate them and put them in 5 more hatcheries (fewer if I can't be sure to check on them at least once a day). I'm not letting my dragons go hungry. xd.png

During busy times I've had eggs getting sick but I've never had one die on me.

Really? That's a ton of hatcheries, how often do you get sick eggs?

Not at all. I can't remember having any sick eggs by doing that. If I do it at 5 days and 17 hours+ then yeah I can get a sick egg, but really only during new releases.

I wait until ~6d to put stuff in hatcheries (just EATW & AoND). Then at anything under ~5d 19h I incubate and add to more hatcheries if needed. I've found stuff doesn't generally get sick as long as I wait long enough to incubate.

Yeah, you have to be really careful with Incubate and EATW. If you incubate your stuff right away you'll need to wait until the egg gets older to add it, otherwise it's certain to come down with softshell.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I wait until they're less than 6d 12h or 6d old, then usually put them in AoND.

I don't incubate most eggs yet cause I don't have enough reds, sadly. But I usually keep them in one hatchery unless I have extra time or I get impatient.

From the cave: incubate, wait 24 hours, pop them in 2-4 hatcheries. I use AoND, EATW, Silvi's lair, and DragHatch as a last-resort.

From the AP: only incubate if they have like 4d20h or something like that. Anything below 4d10h gets left alone. There's no need to wait 24 hours before hatchery-entering, like with CB eggs.

I think this is pretty much the method that most other users follow.

I don't put anything in hatcheries before 6d ~15h. Then they go into AoND, which is huge enough that they'll be safe even when there's a release surge on. At 5d ~20h, they get added to EATW. That combo's almost always enough to hatch eggs by itself at 4d or just a hair under.

If I incubate (always done approaching the 5 day mark, just because) they'll get added to Silvi's Lair for the last bit - probably not strictly necessary, but I get impatient to see cracks laugh.gif . Breeds that take a buttload of views to hatch will get put into Silvi's earlier, and sometimes Draghatch too.

Shiny things, of course, stay fogged till at least under 5 days 'cause jerkholes.

If there's a possibility I'm going to put up the egg for trade, I don't put it in any hatcheries.

I wait until an egg has about 6 days left, then add them to EATW and Daily Dragon Fix, checking on them every once in a while. If I can't check on them for a while, I hide them. If I incubate, I usually wait until there is about 4-5 days left.

Usually, I wait until 6 days before putting eggs into AoND and EATW (about 6 days 7 hours for prizes/Avatars).

I never incubate my eggs right away. If they're incubated, it's usually if the egg has a gaping hole in it and less than 5 days.

Wow, so many complex schemes. Wait this many hours, use that many hatcheries. I've never had a need to do that. I throw them in one single hatchery, maybe two if I feel like views are slow at that time. I do that whenever I feel like it, often right after catching/breeding or sometimes a day or two later if I forget. Once the egg is less than five days old, I incubate to produce an insta-hatch 90% of the time. Sometimes if unique views are low I have to wait a minute or even up to an hour before the hatching happens. But the vast majority of the time, I use Incubate as an insta-hatch button. Works fine, I see softshell maaybe once in a blue moon, and my eggs hatch in a timely manner.

The thing that puzzles me is incubating right away. Why do that? It seems like a waste of Incubate to me. It's a lot more useful (IMO anyway) to wait until the egg has the stats to hatch and is under five days. Then Incubate serves as a handy "hatch NAO plz" thing. Otherwise, yeah, you're still chopping a day off your wait, but you still don't know exactly when the egg will hatch and you don't have the option to push-button hatch it without risk if you want to clear the space fast later on.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I usually wait untill the egg is 6 days to put them into any hatcheries (except EDS I just auto-add with no problems). THen when they're under 6d I add them to AoND, EATW, Silvi's and Valley Sheerwood. Then I incuhatch them when they're 5d and under. Simple and sweet. I rarely get soft shells and when I do it's only for an hour or two.

Wow, so many complex schemes. Wait this many hours, use that many hatcheries.

I probably shouldn't post mine then. LOL I add to various hatcheries based on time left, and then take them out based on UV count.

And I incubate right away because if I don't, I will forget and think that I have, and end up having to wait the full 3 days instead of 2. I still know exactly when it will hatch (4d) unless it's something fussy like an avatar.

One hatchery EATW at 6d non incu. That usually works unless I forget. If I need to hatch hard to hatch rares I stick them in more.

Wow, there are a lot more ways to hatch an egg than I realized. Needs to be a thread that compares them all, just to find the most efficient way.

My method isn't really a method. tongue.gif Generally I catch them, forget about them until the 5 day mark, then influence and incubate, and add them to 2 hatcheries (or 3 if I'm impatient).

Influence and Incubate immediately. Wait at least 12 hours from when I caught them then into AoND, Evina's and Hatching Club.

The thing that puzzles me is incubating right away. Why do that? It seems like a waste of Incubate to me. It's a lot more useful (IMO anyway) to wait until the egg has the stats to hatch and is under five days. Then Incubate serves as a handy "hatch NAO plz" thing. Otherwise, yeah, you're still chopping a day off your wait, but you still don't know exactly when the egg will hatch and you don't have the option to push-button hatch it without risk if you want to clear the space fast later on.

I usually incubate straight away. Maybe after a day or so if I'm being lazy. If I've already put them in hatcheries, and I usually use 3 or so, they'll hatch when they get down to 4 days. Using your technique, I'd need to actually be around at the 5 day mark in order to incubate an hatch them in the same time, and since I've got a busy schedule, I probably wouldn't be. So I get a faster result by incubating straight away, since it doesn't require me to be around to hatch them.

I just post my eggs on all the major click sites as soon as i get them.occasionally my eggs get sick but my eggs have never died so i will keep doong things the same way.

Honestly, I'm pretty inconsistent in egg-raising, but I think most often I wait until they hit 4 days and then stick them in all 7 of the hatcheries I have bookmarked... xd.png