AroaraAngelwolf

pride of the mountains, pack of the woods

"Oh yeah. I kind of forgot about that. I prefer the meatballs to be cooked, though only because they're more juicy that way. Alright and I'll bring you an uncooked one later after I put them together and before I put them in the oven," Tara said in reply to everything that Fenrir signed to her before he went out back to his shop and she went inside. She got out a pot, filled it halfway with water, put it on the stove, put the burner on, got out the noodles that she would use later, and then started to get the ingredients out for the meatballs.

Ashley looked up from her book when she heard the knock on her door, seeing King there with a game. "Hey and sure. You may have to teach me how to play though since I don't think I've ever played that one before," she said in reply to his greeting and question as she put her bookmark in the book and then put the book back down.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Fenrir wrote on his white board outside the door: Tara, work on your funny bone. I was kidding. I'll wait for dinner. Only come and get me when it's finished please. He works on a bench for a little girl carving her favorite princess Cinderella on the back in her coach.

King set it up. "Ok, these parts you set anywhere..." he told her how they move and what they do. "The spy can diffuse the bombs if another token hits them they and the bomb are gone. You say the token your playing like a soldier, and anything higher then a soldier, the soldier dies. If mine is lower then yours, he dies and you take his spot. The goal is to find the flag and capture it. Trickery and strategy is the game." He explained.

Tara hadn't seen the message that Fenrir wrote on his white board outside his shop but would see it when she went to get him for dinner. She was now done shaping the meatballs with the oven on the preheated temperature when the water started to boil. She put the spaghetti noddles in there, stirred them, and then put the timer on for 15 minutes before the oven preheated. She put the tray with the meatballs on it in there on the top rack, put a separate timer on for 10 minutes and then started on the garlic bread by getting out a loaf of Italian bread that was in the pantry, cutting it halfway by leaving the pieces still attached with a knife, spreading the pieces with butter first, and then sprinkling a little bit of garlic salt on them afterward. After that, she stirred the noodles and then set the table with silverware and plates as she waited for the smaller timer to get to 5 minutes left. After she was done setting the table and the smaller timer was at 5 minutes left, she put the bread in the oven on the lower rack and then stirred the noodles again.

Ashley listened as King explained the game to her and after he was done talking asked, "So it's like Capture the Flag but in board game style?" She was familiar with that game but only played it in person and not on game board so this would be interesting.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Fenrir worked until she had the five minutes left. By that time he was finished with his work and heads in to wash up seeing that she was almost ready.

"Yeah, basically that's the point. Get the flag first." He said as he propped up the decider and set up the game.

Tara had just stirred the noodles one last time, turned off the timer for them, taste tested a noodle to make sure they were done, and poured them in the strainer to get the water out when Fenrir came in. "Hey. Dinner's almost done," she said in greeting as she checked on the sauce which she had put in a smaller pan to heat up a bit and a little later after the garlic bread got put in the oven before turning it off. She then checked on the meatballs and saw that they weren't quite done yet so she left them in there and closed the oven door again.

Ashley nodded before having her attention go to the hallway where she could smell dinner. "It smells like dinner's almost ready," she said as her attention went back on King as he set up the game.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Tara saw Fenrir's nod before she took out the meatballs and garlic bread from the oven after the timer went off for them and also after she had gotten out cooling racks to put under the stones. She then placed the stones on top of the cooling rack, got out a metal spatula for both, took the pan with the slice off of the burner it was on, put it on one that wasn't heated, and then also got out a serving spoon for the noodles. She hummed as she did all of this and before she skipped to the stairs and called up, "Kids dinner is ready!" She then went over to the table got her plate and started to spoon out what she wanted. "You're welcome to serve yourself since I don't know how much you want," she said to Fenrir after she had gotten enough food on her plate for her to eat.

Ashley nodded to what King said before hearing Tara call to them that dinner was ready. "Let's go eat," she said before she got up and then headed downstairs to get her food. Once she had done that, she sat down at the table with Tara and waited for King and Fenrir to get their food.

King came down and sat dishing out his food. Fenrir did the same and took a tentative bite before adding a pinch of salt to the sauce and nodding to her. A little bit of salt needed but it's really good. constructive criticism is how he always judged food. People don't get better if they don't know what is wrong.

"Thanks but I didn't make the sauce. I cheated and opened a can of it and just heated it in a sauce pan," Tara said in reply after taking her own bite of spaghetti. After she swallowed it, she got up, went to the fridge, got out the Parmesan cheese, and brought it over to the table for whoever wanted to add it to the noodles. She used it before putting it down on the table and then continued to eat her food.

Ashley also started to eat and thought it was really good before also adding Parmesan cheese to her spaghetti. She had gotten three meatballs but had set them off to the side to eat last and to also get out of the way of her cutting up the noodles to make them easier to twirl around her fork and eat.

cheater Fenrir signed and ate his meal and cleaning up his plate afterwards.

King had to pace himself, after this morning's embarrassment, he didn't want to repeat the mistake again.

Tara just shrugged a bit in response to what he signed to her before also finishing up her dinner and bringing over her plate to rinse. Once she did that and put it in the dishwasher she turned to him and asked curiously, "It was still good though, right or would it have been better with homemade sauce instead of one in a can?"

Ashley continued to eat as well and since the food was really good, she did eat a bit fast but not so much that she was trying to race someone.

Fenrir shrugged. Everyone has a preference. It'll be fine either way. I usually make it from scratch. Could taste a difference.

King ate thirds and was finished after that cleaning up.

"Oh okay just wondering," Tara said in reply with a nod before taking things off of the table to save for another day and for leftovers another night.

Ashley finished eating after King did, rinsed off her plate, put it in the dishwasher, and then helped Tara clean off the table.

Edited by SkySong278

To many hands in the pot spoiled the stew. King stood off to one side of the crowded kitchen, not wanting to be in the way and waiting for Ashley so they can finish the game.

Fenrir helped getting it clean faster. When the kids went back upstairs he went to a old record player radio, CD player combo and put on a Dean Marten record. The old lady's favorite, along with Elvis and Frank Sinatra. He set it in a grove so the song Sway played. He then took Tara's hand and started to dance with her.

After Ashley was done putting food away in Tupperware containers for leftovers for another day, she went upstairs with King so that they could continue the game.

Tara helped Fenrir finish cleaning up the kitchen before he put on some music, took one of her hands in his, and then started to dance with her. "This is nice," she commented with a smile as she continued to dance with him.

King finished setting up his side and started the game. Explaining the rules as they went along.

Fenrir nodded and continues to dance with her for a couple songs, and kissed her cheek lightly.

Ashley set up her side of the board like he did on his and then as they played and listened to everything that he said as an explanation of the rules of the game as they went.

Tara kissed him back on the cheek and then pulled back with a smile. She did want to kiss him on the lips but didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

Edited by Dragonpelt

King let her win, although he clearly would have won if he didn't keep moving away from the one piece on her side, and he placed the flag in a open spot on his side, protected only by the dozen of soldiers.

Fenrir seemed to be thinking about the same thing. At the end of the record he stood still, eyes flickering from her eyes to her lips and back. His hand rested on her cheek tenderly, thumb tracing her lower lip. He didn't want to push it though, so- reluctantly- he pulled away from her and bowed to her as a thank you for the dance.

Ashley ended up winning even though it was clear that King let her but she took it anyway. "That was fun," she said when the game was over before asking curiously, "Are we going to play again or would you rather we do something different?"

Tara noticed Fenrir's attention go from her eyes to her lips and then back again before enjoying the feeling of his hand on her cheek before his thumb traced around her lower lip. She wondered if he was going to kiss her before he pulled away and bowed to her. She frowned a bit, expecting him to do that before she took a step closer to him again. "May I kiss you?" she asked a bit shyly when she was standing in front of him once again.

((Moonlight, dark guardians book 1? Tara's favorite book? ))

King sighed as he put the game away. "Well I wouldn't know what to do... any ideas?"

Fenrir looked a little mystified, like he was surprised she wanted to kiss him. A noise in his chest bubbled up. A growl, but.. it seemed more like a wolfish purr then a threat. He bit his lip. How did one kiss a girl? He flushed and turned away. Not many women like to date a man who's only form of communication was paper and a pen. He was embarrassed by his lack of experience. He'd like to know more about her. Be sure she'd stay, and at the right moment, kiss her. As much as he wanted to right now, it wasn't the right moment.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((yes it is. what about it? mellow.gif))

"Maybe hide and seek here in the house or outside around the cabin and woods?" Ashley asked in reply to King's question with a small shrug.

Tara watched Fenrir curiously and heard the wolffish purr that came from his throat and before he turned away. "It's okay if you don't want me to right now. I understand if you want to get to know me a bit more before we have our first kiss," she said after a few minutes of silence that had fallen between them after she let out a small sigh.

King tilted his head. It was dark out. "Not outside... not with that wolf around. I surprised him. I don't think it'll happen again in my favor." He said softly.

I never kissed a girl before, and never got passed two dates with the same woman, and that was a long time ago. Word spreads fast in a small town, and not many single ladies my age would like to date a guy who can't speak. He picked at his scarf. And the fact I'm a scarred up werewolf frightens the rest away. In big towns it might be different, but still, I would like to kiss a girl who would be willing to stay with me.... He paused and I don't mean by living in the same house as me.

(( xd.pnglaugh.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifwink.gif because I got it from the library and I am going to read it))

((oh okay smile.gif. there are three other books in the series and they're all really good))

"Okay then let's just play it here in the cabin," Ashley said in reply before getting up off of the bed and stretching a bit. "Want to count first or shall I?"

Tara saw everything that he signed and was a bit crestfallen with how down he seemed to be. "I won't leave you and I can communicate with you without a pad and pen. I'm also not frightened by your scars and they won't make me go away. I've never kissed a guy or been on a date either so you don't have anything to be worried about with me," she said in reply and hoped that what all she said would make him feel a little better and be less sad.

Edited by Dragonpelt

"I count..." He grinned and covered his eyes counting.

Fenrir blushed to his ears and hugged her tightly,nosing her neck with the wolfish purr and kissed her cheek tenderly. And You would be the first to do so.

Ashley nodded before going to hide somewhere in the cabin as he counted.

Tara hugged Fenrir back and enjoyed feeling the vibrating of his wolffish purr as well as his nose nosing against her neck and did the same to his before he kissed her cheek and she did the same back. "I'm glad," she said in reply to what she saw him sign and smiled as she gladly took in his scent.