AroaraAngelwolf

pride of the mountains, pack of the woods

Fenrir shrugged and carefully moved Ashley to the couch so she was comfortable and looked at Tara with a small smile and a soft look. Thank you for inviting me on a patrol. I haven't had time with another wolf like that in years. It's late. Good night Tara. He hesitated before heading upstairs, unsure what to do. He gave her a nod and went up to his room in the attic, the kid's rooms was on the second floor and Tara was given the ground floor bedroom.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

"You're welcome and I'll happily do it again if you would like to do it at another time," Tara said in reply with a smile of her own before adding a few minutes later, "Good night Fenrir." After she said this last statement, she went over to her room on the ground floor, got ready for bed, and then went to bed shortly afterward.

A little while later, Ashley woke up and found that she was sleeping on the couch instead of the floor and also that King wasn't there. She figured that he went up to his room to sleep and she made her way up the stairs to her own room before getting dressed in her pajamas and unmaking her bed. Once those two things were done, she got into bed and fell asleep.

-------

tsing to the next morning

The next morning found both Tara and Ashley still sleeping in the cabin and off towards the north of their territory and in the mountains, Sinan was also still sleeping. It was still a bit too early for any of them to be awake and they didn't want to get out of their beds just yet.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Only two were up in the morning mist, Mosi and Fenrir.

Fenrir never slept very well. He always somehow managed to dream about his time in the rank ring. He also being raised by two elderly people most of his life, got used to waking up at the crack of dawn. He outlined the rest of his territory, paws whispering on the dew spattered grass, breath forming more mist in the air. He reached the edge of the east side of his land, near the town, and froze hackles rising. Another male wolf, older then he was, had marked a spot on a tree in his land. This was deliberate, he can tell from the place it was on, it was a spot he always marked. He stretched up and clawed the bark of the tree as high as he could, and rubbed around it covering completely over the wolf's scent with his own. No male would take his land.

He completed his rounds and headed back home to start breakfast, now that some of the fog was burned off the others may be awake.

Mosi on the other side of the mountains was hunting while cougar form. She can climb rocks easily this way. Her pray: a mountain goat. Their hides are good for clothes and horns when hollowed and cleaned made amazing baskets and canteens. She took the high ground as she pursued her pray to the smaller mountain. The male's musk met her nose but she didn't stray. She was hungry and needs to eat. The goat was the only thing she smelled this early in the morning.

Tara was, by now, awake but was still a bit groggy as she made her way to the kitchen to get something warm to drink in order to wake her up a bit more and that was hot chocolate since she didn't like coffee. As the water was heating up, she leaned against the counter and yawned a bit.

Ashley was sort of awake a little while later but she didn't want to get out of bed just yet since the covers were so very comfortable. She turned over and closed her eyes again to see how long she could last until someone came in to try to wake her up.

Sinan woke with his stomach growling. He sat up, stretched, and then got out of his cave to head out to hunt for his breakfast. As he did that, he scented the female from the day before but didn't think too much of it as he headed up his mountain in mountain lion form to get something. When he was about half-way up or so, he caught the scent of goat but it was a different one than what the female was currently going after.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Fenrir came in and nodded to her making himself some mint tea before starting breakfast. He made eggs and toast for himself, oatmeal for king and whatever Tara and Ashley like for breakfast.

Mosi pounced on the goat and started dragging it back to her cave. Once there, she'd skin off a part of it and ate what she could as a cougar without ripping off the skin.

Tara nodded back to Fenrir when she noticed him nod to her before hearing the water boil. She took it off the stove, poured it into a mug that she had gotten out of a cupboard along with a package of hot chocolate mix, stirred it together with a spoon, and then brought it over to the table to drink once it cooled off some more. It was too hot for her to drink right now and she didn't want to burn her tongue. After she sat down, she nodded to Ashley who had just come down the stairs after a little while longer of sleeping and the latter joined her at the table, still looking a bit groggy.

Sinan pounced on his own goat before carrying it back to his cave to eat. He shifted into his human form when he arrived back there, started to skin it, and then started to eat it raw after shifting back into his mountain lion form.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Fenrir set out their breakfast and went to get king. "Its the weekend! One more hour!" He complained as the older wolf carried him down stairs over his shoulder, half awake. He yawned so wide his jaw popped. Fenrir set him down in the chair and set his breakfast in front of him. King - still unused to the two girls in the home since they arrived only two to three weeks ago- tucked in like it was his last meal. Fenrir did his lopsided grin and signed to Tara. He was the oldest of six siblings. His philosophy, if the forks not moving, it's gone.

Miso hung the skin up to dry. She then took a spare soft bear pelt and rolled it up so it was easier to carry. Taking her bow and tomahawks with her, she hiked to the other mountain to give her neighbor a proper peace offering. Something mountain lion shifters do to avoid fighting and losing their hunting ground or even their lives. Some live in prides, but she was a true lion at heart, and lived alone.

Tara and Ashley hid smiles behind their hands when they saw the sight of Fenrir carrying King down the stairs over his shoulder and what they heard the latter exclaim as he was carried down. They then started to eat after King did and they both looked shocked with how the other boy was eating. Tara looked over at Fenrir just in time to see his grin and what he signed and nodded in understanding before having her attention go back to her food as she continued to eat her breakfast.

Sinan had just finished eating his breakfast and had shifted back into his human form when he scented the female coming his way. He tilted his head curiously before looking out of the opening of his cave to see her hike towards him with a bear pelt rolled up. He then became even more curious and the emotion was now showing on his face as well as confusion.

Edited by SkySong278

Fenrir sat down beside the boy with his wheat toast and over easy eggs. He flicked kings head and the boy looked up, growling... then flushed seeing the girls. He snatched a napkin and rubbed his face clean. "Um.. sorry... still think this place as a bachelor pad." He ate slowly now, still embarrassed.

"Morning..." She said as she approaches. "I come with a peace gift. It's a dieing practise, but it still works. As for my hostile behavior yesterday... I don't get many neighbors that are my kind. I've been alone for a long time, so company is one I need to get used to. Here, it gets chilly in the mountains at night. Your cave is small enough to hang this near the entrance. Any fires inside, it'll keep the heat in and the cold out. It could also be a better blanket." She stopped a few feet from him and held out the pelt. She had on buck skin top that went around her chest, and buck skin pants with goat fur at the knees, braided with hand made beads and feathers that jangle as she walked.

((I thought she was a cougar mellow.gif. it's fine if you changed her from a cougar to a mountain lion but just a bit confused is all))

"It's okay. No need to apologize," Tara said in reply with a smile and Ashley just nodded in agreement before they went back to eating their breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast until they were finished eating. They then pushed their plates away and waited until the other two were done eating.

"Morning," Sinan said in reply as he watched the female approach before hearing everything that she said as well as seeing the offered rolled up bear pelt. "It's okay. I understand isolation from other members of our kind so no need to apologize. Thank you for the pelt and I will definitely use it to keep out the cold and the heat in at night when I go to bed," he said in reply before taking the pelt from her.

((Cougar and puma are the same animal as a mountain lion. Just different names. It's like saying a bush or shrub. I'd be using the names often sorry to confuse. more names here but I'll stick with the three. It's easier to put cougar or puma though.))

Fenrir ate in silence (the only way he can eat) and got up afterwards to clean the dishes and put them away. After that he made everyone sandwiches for lunch.

King finished and went upstairs to dress for the hiking trip today.

Mosi nodded and turned to leave pausing for a moment. "Name's Mosi..."

Tara helped Fenrir clean up and wash the dishes from breakfast as Ashley also went upstairs to her room to get ready for the hike later.

"Thank you for breakfast. It was very good. I'll make dinner later," Tara said as she finished cleaning the rest of the dishes that were left and then putting them away afterward.

"Nice to meet you Mosi and my name's Sinan," Sinan said in reply with a smile before putting the pelt down inside his cave's entrance before turning his attention back to her.

Fenrir was startled at her offer of making dinner. He looked at her for a moment before giving her a wide grin. That would be very helpful! I look forward to tasting your cooking! You're welcome for the breakfast. He signed to her.

Mosi nodded." Until next time then Sinan." She left with that.

"You're welcome and my cooking's not that good," Tara said in reply with a small blush before heading to her room to get ready for the hike. Once she was ready, she headed back out to the kitchen with her hair up in a braid and Ashley joined her shortly afterward.

Sinan nodded and then headed back into his cave to get some more rest.

Edited by Dragonpelt

King joined afterwards, dancing around ready to go. Fenrir showed up last without his scarf. He waved them out the door and king took the lead down a path. Fenrir followed him keeping beside Tara. Don't doubt your skills. Besides, it's nice to know you cook too. I've been making all the meals and I really need a break. So, tell me about yourself. I'd like to know more about you.

Ashley followed after King as Tara stayed behind the duo and next to Fenrir. She noticed what he signed to her before saying in reply, "Okay I won't. Well I grew up in a pack that was a bit small and my parents were the alphas of it. There was a conflict within the pack that led to mutiny and my parents were killed but I was able to get away unharmed. That happened when I was 12 and I had been traveling ever since until I got to where we are.

That was just my history in case you wanted to know but as for about me myself, I like to read, draw, and play the piano. My parents taught me and I picked up on it but haven't played in awhile. I bet that I could play something for you if you'd like if I remember anything but I don't know if there is one in the house."

Edited by Dragonpelt

There isn't, but there is one in town at the coffee shop. I draw too, mostly Celtic things. I can play the violin, and I read history books mostly. I also have photographic memory. Now my history isn't so simple. My parents died when I was four,i don't really remember them. I lived with the pack elder who was last of the wolf druids of the old Celtic times in Ireland. I was born an Omega. When I was six, a female wolf came and asked to have her wolf side reawakened. The spell didn't work on her, but it did on me.

He stopped and helped her over a rock and continued his story. Alpha loved fighting and flaunting his power. He said if I can shift already, I am ready to fight for my rank. Some wolves went easy on me. I was tiny, no bigger then a beagle. The beta and alpha's sons did the most scars. The alphas boy did this and made me mute. They were almost there now. He stopped as the kids went ahead and showed her his neck scar. He looked down. I always dreamed of being a history teacher. I love kids, and anything old.... but now I can't. Afterwards, they called me a rouge and threw me in the wild. I couldn't hunt very well and somehow made it here. The woman thought I was a dog and took me in and kept me when I turned back into a boy. Been here ever since then.

Tara interpreted everything that Fenrir signed to her about what he liked to do as well as his history and was still doing that before he stopped signing to help her over a rock. She thanked him before he continued to sign to her about himself and how he got the scar on his neck that made him mute. "I'm sorry that happened to you and if I had been there, I would have stood up for you and fought them so that you wouldn't be mute now. Let's not dwell on the past though and instead focus on having fun and trying to keep King and Ashley out of trouble," she said with a smile on order to try to cheer him up after he was done signing to her and was now looking at the ground.

King had made it there and because he had on his swimming trunks, he left his backpack on the ground along with his shirt and dives in the glassy lake.

Fenrir looked up and nodded before frowning tilting his had and rushed forward getting to the lake and leaned against the tree seeing the pups there. He held a hand to his chest and sighed in relief. He looked back and backtracked to Tara with his now trademark half smile and waved her to follow.

Ashley followed suit after taking off her short-sleeve shirt and shorts, revealing her one-piece bathing suit. She then came up from being underwater and wiped the water out of her eyes before looking around for King.

Tara continued to smile after she saw him nod and then frowned slightly when he suddenly took off running towards the lake to check on the pups. She started to walk in the direction that he had gone off in before she saw him back-track towards her with his half grin and gesture for her to follow. She nodded and then did so, quickly catching up to him shortly afterward. "Why did you suddenly take off like that?" she asked him curiously once she was next to him.

King came up beside her and shook his head. "Hey!" He grinned he like Fenrir (or any male wolf really) had a few scars, although they were thin and didn't look as bad as Fenrir's. He pushed her a little. " tag!" He drove under and swam off.

Fenrir set his things down next to the kid's things. I couldn't hear the pups and got worried. Sorry about that He signed to her as he pulled out the the picnic things and lay out the blanket.

"Hi and I'll get you," Ashley said in reply to both King's statement and his exclamation before diving under the water and swimming towards him afterward.

"It's fine. I was just curious," Tara said in reply before helping Fenrir set out the picnic things on the blanket that was put on the ground next to the kid's things. As she did that, her stomach growled due to hunger and she just ignored it.

King tried to avoid her, but he wasn't the fastest swimmer he laughed as she tagged him. "Better swim away!" He wheeled around to get her splashing her.

Fenrir held out some Pringles for her. With his free hand he poked her tummy twice with a silent laugh. Your tummy talks loudly.

"Okay," Ashley said with a smile before she was splashed and then she started to swim as fast as she could away from him so as to avoid his hands from touching her. She varied from being above water to being under it to make things interesting.

"I know and it's embarrassing," Tara said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks before she took the Pringles from him and ate them and after he had poked her stomach twice.

King chased her, trying to get her. He moved faster under water so he went under and when she was above the water he snagged her leg pulled her under with a grin.

Fenrir shook his head, his hair flipping around as he did. Its cute He moved behind her and started to braid her hair. He ran his hands loosely through the blonde strands, then he paused and did it again, fingers rubbing the strands together. It felt like silk. He continued to finger comb her hair before softly braiding it in two small braids that went around her head into a single golden braid down her back.