RecycledHeart

Spirit Ward Breeding plans

I created an album of all the random things I took a bit of a liking to while meticulously testing literally every pair possible. xd.png ...and I forgot to add some stuff that I put together before I arranged the grids nicely. *sigh* Back to work. >>

Edited by Tehya Faye

I created an ]album of all the random things I took a bit of a liking to while meticulously testing literally every pair possible. xd.png ...and I forgot to add some stuff that I put together before I arranged the grids nicely. *sigh* Back to work. >>

Oh wow. Tangar is so much prettier than I expected! Looks great.

Royal blue and pillow isn't too shabby either.

~

Tried hellfire x spirit and spirit x hellfire. Male hellfire is nicer than I thought in preview. Female isn't as nice during certain hours, but I'm liking it better now than when I bred it.

~

RecycledHeart, thanks for keeping some of the image links in the OP. :3

I was surprised by the Tangars too! I didn't think they would look that nicely together. ^^ I also really like how well Anagallis x Spirit Ward look no matter what time it is. All the stages work beautifully.

Edited by Tehya Faye

My plan was to breed my (for now only) spirit ward female to my GoN to see what kind of avatars they potentially produce and... I got a spirit ward egg. dry.gif

Since it got automatically abandoned, hope someone who takes it takes good care of their baby. wub.gif

Personally I'd like to breed my spirit wards, maybe, with black marrows, those might look good together. biggrin.gif

My guess is that they're Light aligned, so they'd produce Creation avatars.

I tried to breed a spirit ward with my only orange xeno, but they refused. sad.gif I think they'd look fantastic together, though! Especially when the spirit is glowing!

My guess is that they're Light aligned, so they'd produce Creation avatars.

Me too, but either it was not meant to be an avatar this time or it won't be that way at all until they get an encyclopedia entry. smile.gif

I created an album of all the random things I took a bit of a liking to while meticulously testing literally every pair possible. xd.png ...and I forgot to add some stuff that I put together before I arranged the grids nicely. *sigh* Back to work. >>

Wow, I really like how they look with Volcano Pyralspites. I think I'll make this my current plan. tongue.gif

I'm really liking some of the pairings you guys are coming up with. I'm still going to start with Shadow Walker x Spirit Ward - My "Shadow Sentinels" line.

Probably my second one is going to be either GW x Spirit or Pyro x Spirit - those really look good to me. Or I might go with male hellfires. I don't see anything you guys have posted that I really don't like but some appeal more to me than others.

*Silver Fox* - I'm pretty sure TJ codes them for their avatar when he adds them to the cave but until there are a lot more Spirit's bred they're mostly only going to breed Spirits, no matter what you breed them with.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I tried to breed a spirit ward with my only orange xeno, but they refused. sad.gif I think they'd look fantastic together, though! Especially when the spirit is glowing!

It is rther pretty, yes.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HXEF0

Wow, that looks like it took a lot of time! Thank you for doing that; mucho appreciated biggrin.gif

You're welcome! I'll be adding some pairings for the Male Spirit Wards tonight. happy.gif

And done! Well, halfway done. Everything I have saved has been added to this album. Click here to skip the female lineages.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Anyone else breeding purebred Spirit Wards? How's your refusal rate? Because 3 out of my 5 attempted purebred Spirit Ward pairings just refused each other.

The compatible pairings were both Alpine x Alpine. The incompatible pairings were either Forest x Forest or Forest x Alpine, so I'm wondering if there's something to that or if it's just bad luck. unsure.gif

Otherwise... besides PB breeding for me, I think they look best with Embers and Lurkers. cool.gif

Anyone else breeding purebred Spirit Wards? How's your refusal rate? Because 3 out of my 5 attempted purebred Spirit Ward pairings just refused each other.

The compatible pairings were both Alpine x Alpine. The incompatible pairings were either Forest x Forest or Forest x Alpine, so I'm wondering if there's something to that or if it's just bad luck.  unsure.gif

Otherwise... besides PB breeding for me, I think they look best with Embers and Lurkers.  cool.gif

I have 13 adults at this point, and have been doing my PB breedings first. 6 pairings resulted in 6 eggs, 4 from Alpine x Alpine, 2 from Forest x Forest. At this point, it looks like luck of the draw.

My 13th adult is a Forest Warder, as are the three hatchlings. I can report on their breeding attempts in a couple of days.

I missed a chance to pick up a Warder x Marrow egg earlier, but I really like that pairing. Embers would be good, and I need to try them with Royal Crimsons, and with Pyropes. I may also try them with my Radiant Angels, just because. <3

I have 13 adults at this point, and have been doing my PB breedings first. 6 pairings resulted in 6 eggs, 4 from Alpine x Alpine, 2 from Forest x Forest. At this point, it looks like luck of the draw.

My 13th adult is a Forest Warder, as are the three hatchlings. I can report on their breeding attempts in a couple of days.

I missed a chance to pick up a Warder x Marrow egg earlier, but I really like that pairing. Embers would be good, and I need to try them with Royal Crimsons, and with Pyropes. I may also try them with my Radiant Angels, just because. <3

I don't have one saved for Radiant Angels, but here are the female versions of the other two you mentioned:

1) Pyrope x Spirit Ward

2) Royal Crimson x Spirit Ward

I'll probably be finishing off the male lineages sometime tonight. ^^

It's my pleasure! I'm going through all the pairings to figure out which ones I want to devote my time into, so I figured I would upload all the things I liked to help others decide. ^^

Edit: And my album is done~

Edited by Tehya Faye

I've been doing purebred breeding and both of my two spirit wards have produced eggs.

They were forest x forest and forest x alpine so I don't think the forest has anything to do with refusal.

Edited by Dimethylmercury

Ok, thanks dragongrrl and Dimethylmercury for the purebred breeding feedback. I have been getting so many refusals lately in general, I guess it's making me overly suspicious. xd.png

I'll switch my pairs around and hope for compatibility next week then.

Did anybody succesfully breed a avatar out of Spirit Ward? I really suspect that it is a netural.

I think it's way too early to call right now. I think Spirit Wards are still strongly dominating breeding results.

I decided to start a line of Spirit Ward x Nhiostrife. now I need LOTS OF CB EGGS *flails*