Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

24 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

Oh, thanks. Feel silly now. XD

No need to feel silly. :) We have all missed stuff that seems obvious once you know!

Ugh, still trying to work out the NR pygmies! I have a red hatchie, an older blue egg, and two new eggs that sorted between those two. Would I be correct in assuming the new eggs are red since they sort above the blue one? TIA, off to bed now!

Yeah, you'd be right. Red really seem to predominate.

Does anyone know if the new pygmies breed true? I test-bred two blue ones and got an egg that sorted blue, but I am wondering if the color of the offspring is guaranteed or random.

59 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yeah, you'd be right. Red really seem to predominate.

so how come the last two i picked up were blue? XD

I have no idea - I wish we knew how they worked - I've had to trade like mad to get a balance !

38 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have no idea - I wish we knew how they worked - I've had to trade like mad to get a balance !

I kind of think that they are fairly equal and just work the way random stuff does -- sometimes you get a bunch of one or the other in a row. Like the new players with no influence often get all males, or all females for so long that they think that is all their scroll makes?

I do hope you're right - that I can live with. Like nebbies - you suffer. At least with these the eggs sort !  Having hunted at the wrong time - or worse, BREEDING at the wrong time - would annoy me !

did hatchling maturity times change recently? i had a hatchling gender at 6 days with 12k views. never seen one mature >5d23hr previously, even with outrageous views.

I just managed to get a second undead dragon (yay!) and now that I have two of them in my zombie group, I'm wondering about how they sort. I have this group sorted by breed and I always assumed that they would sort in the same order as in the encyclopedia entry (ie., with my two hatchies the standard wyrm would sort above the two-headed wyrm one), but it seems to be the other way around. I'm curious if someone with more undeads could tell me some more about their order under the breed name sort?

I believe Undead Dragons still sort by breed as the dragon breed they originally were.

Here you can see a Baikala and Balloon that have been made Undead, and they still sort among their original breeds by breed sort.

ScreenShot2023-05-31at12_17_04AM.thumb.png.eb9bf921926e5a8686639af10cc4e468.png

Hello, guys! I have two questions:

1. which kind of dragons are eastern ( for raffle) 

2. how to create a group in cave , I mean to sort some dragons in group 

thank you 

6 minutes ago, LostinEcho said:

Hello, guys! I have two questions:

1. which kind of dragons are eastern ( for raffle) 

2. how to create a group in cave , I mean to sort some dragons in group 

thank you 

For the easterns: The encyclopedia - https://dragcave.net/dragonopedia (found under account) - lists the type for every breed. In addition there is a list of all easterns in the wiki.

Concerning the groups: It depens on whether you are on mobile or on desktop.

On mobile: You go to your dragons' page, there is a three-dot-menu in the right upper corner, in which you can select the point "groups". Then there is the option "create group".

On desktop: Also go to your dragons' page. Below the font "Dragons" there are four links - action log, and then "groups". You also select that and "create group". If there are questions further than that, feel free to ask again!

4 minutes ago, LostinEcho said:

Thank u ☺️❤️

You're welcome!

Adding to my info concerning body types (I just had to test it myself, first): If you go to the Encyclopedia and type #eastern in the search bar, then it will only show you the entries of the dragon with an eastern body type.

Does a Sapphire egg ever remain blue even when abandoned?

cleared internet history and so on, logged on from diff. device and this egg still appears blue??

IMG_0635.jpeg

Edited by Eiren

@Eiren It was likely auto-abandoned, that doesn't change the colour. Only deliberately abandoning a blue sapphire egg will make it turn pink.

(So, if you would abandon that blue egg grabbed from the AP, then it would become pink!)

Edited by Tiira

2 minutes ago, Tiira said:

@Eiren It was likely auto-abandoned, that doesn't change the colour. Only deliberately abandoning a blue sapphire egg will make it turn pink.

(So, if you would abandon that blue egg grabbed from the AP, then it would become pink!)

OOOOOh Didn't know that!

Never thought about auto-abandon since I mostly saw pink sapphire eggs from AP! Thank you for clearing up that mystery!

On 5/31/2023 at 7:51 AM, NightEagle said:

Adding to my info concerning body types (I just had to test it myself, first): If you go to the Encyclopedia and type #eastern in the search bar, then it will only show you the entries of the dragon with an eastern body type.

Thank you! This is helpful to know!

Help!  I added TJ's scroll banner to my Forum signature several months ago and I'm fairly sure that it used to work - but not any more 😢.  After several attempts to point the image to my scroll, only resulting in more frustration, I've given up and deleted it.  But . . . I really hate to be beaten and now I can't find where I found the banner in the first place, let alone how to make it work.   Any advice much appreciated. 

32 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

Help!  I added TJ's scroll banner to my Forum signature several months ago and I'm fairly sure that it used to work - but not any more 😢.  After several attempts to point the image to my scroll, only resulting in more frustration, I've given up and deleted it.  But . . . I really hate to be beaten and now I can't find where I found the banner in the first place, let alone how to make it work.   Any advice much appreciated. 

Here is the post that explains it. That said, sometimes I can get it to work and sometimes not, so you may need to just keep trying.

Yet another question about Nebula sort ... :blink:

When sorting by breed, I have in this order:

1. Purple and blue Nebula adults 

2. Frozen purple S2 Nebula hatchling 

3. A newly hatched S1 Nebula hatchling 

4. Red and green Nebula adults 

5. An S1 frozen red/green Nebula hatchling 

6. An S2 frozen green Nebula hatchling 

Question:  which color will #3 be??

You'd think after all these years I could remember this sorting.  🙃 (Why so complicated, though?)

Edited by missy_