Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It should clear up on its own again, but just in case, you can hasten that along by closing the tab you did it in (and if that doesn't work, all other Dragon Cave tabs; though in a test I just did that was sufficient).

Thank you! I closed them all and it's good now, phew!

So I was looking at AP and saw a Holly egg and tried to grab it, and it came up with the 'can't find this egg' message. I figured someone else had grabbed it, went back to AP, and there it was again, same egg. What's up with that? Is there a reason I wouldn't be able to grab it?

So I was looking at AP and saw a Holly egg and tried to grab it, and it came up with the 'can't find this egg' message. I figured someone else had grabbed it, went back to AP, and there it was again, same egg. What's up with that? Is there a reason I wouldn't be able to grab it?

Whoever got it before you probably tossed it back because they didn't like the lineage.

Right now, I'm seeing eggs with 6 days left in the AP. If I understand the mechanism, they were bred on the 25th at 10:50ish PM, cave time. That means also that there is a queue of 1 hour and 10 minutes with eggs bred before the cutdown. Is all this accurate?

Not sure if anyone will be able to help with this or not, but figured I'd go ahead and ask. My friend, who also frequents the forums, has been unable to connect to the forums all week long. She has tried everything that the two of us can think of- clearing cookies, deleting histories, clearing caches, running a virus scan, and even listing it as an exception with her antivirus software. Still, she is unable to get on here. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to pass along? Something that we might have overlooked or not thought of yet? Is anyone else having (or has had) this issue?

Not sure if anyone will be able to help with this or not, but figured I'd go ahead and ask.  My friend, who also frequents the forums, has been unable to connect to the forums all week long.  She has tried everything that the two of us can think of- clearing cookies, deleting histories, clearing caches, running a virus scan, and even listing it as an exception with her antivirus software.  Still, she is unable to get on here.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me to pass along?  Something that we might have overlooked or not thought of yet?  Is anyone else having (or has had) this issue?

Is there some sort of error message that comes up? Can she not load the website or is it not letting her login? It's hard to help if I don't know what specific error she's encountering. Can you please explain what you mean by "unable to connect to the forums?"

Thank you.

Edited by Vrack

Is there some sort of error message that comes up? Can she not load the website or is it not letting her login? It's hard to help if I don't know what specific error she's encountering. Can you please explain what you mean by "unable to connect to the forums?"

Thank you.

She can't load the forums at all. This is the message she keeps getting:

"Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to forums.dragcave.net.

Try to reload this page in a few minutes or after switching to a new network. If you have recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, finish logging in before reloading.

If you were to visit forums.dragcave.net right now, you might share private information with an attacker. To protect your privacy, Chrome will not load the page until it can establish a secure connection to the real forums.dragcave.net."

Also, she can't download IE or Firefox because her computer doesn't support it.

She can't load the forums at all.  This is the message she keeps getting:

"Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to forums.dragcave.net. 

Try to reload this page in a few minutes or after switching to a new network.  If you have recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, finish logging in before reloading. 

If you were to visit forums.dragcave.net right now, you might share private information with an attacker.  To protect your privacy, Chrome will not load the page until it can establish a secure connection to the real forums.dragcave.net."

Also, she can't download IE or Firefox because her computer doesn't support it.

When that happened to me ages ago, it turned out my ISP was blocking it. In my case, that was an accident, but sometimes this does happen with ISPs.... Contact them ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Hmm.. In the christmas game, where is the person that I need to deliver the currants to?

Please take these kinds of questions to the News thread. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm trying to figure out something. How do you know if the eggs that are now in the AP, with 5d21h left, have been there previously when they were "younger"?

Hmm.. In the christmas game, where is the person that I need to deliver the currants to?

Ned, the baker.

I'm trying to figure out something. How do you know if the eggs that are now in the AP, with 5d21h left, have been there previously when they were "younger"?

?

Their time frame won't have changed since they last appeared. ETA they never appear on the page till the time hits 7 days, and after that it just ticks down. But I have seen several today that I picked up and dumped last night - and the timing works out correctly for that.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Is there a list anywhere of which dragons are in the Encyclopedia?

Um... wouldn't that be the Encyclopedia? huh.gif

with Halloween the Holiday wall disappeared to allow non-holidays a chance to be picked up and then came back a 2nd and 3rd time a few days later whent eh eggs fell in with the proper time ....

is there any chance this will happen again. a 2nd and 3rd helping of x-mas babies sounds delightful wub.gif

with Halloween the Holiday wall disappeared to allow non-holidays a chance to be picked up and then came back a 2nd and 3rd time a few days later whent eh eggs fell in with the proper time ....

is there any chance this will happen again. a 2nd and 3rd helping of x-mas babies sounds delightful wub.gif

I thiiiiiiink that was because TJ turned off holidays appearing first in the AP, and since they were higher time, they then cycled through the AP and showed up when they were AP time. Conjecture, though, on my part.

However, no one can answer this question for you for sure. My guess would be maybe not, but I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure. ^^

Umm... If I *suspect* someone is potentially multiscrolling, how do I go about dealing with that, or do I just leave it be (& mind my own business)...? Never encountered something like this before...

Pm any of the mods. But be certain, cause lots of people have familys on here sharing one computer, just individual accounts. As long as they don't log into each other's account, it's cool.

I'm not sure I can be 100% positive that it's happening.... Well, thank you for your answer, Riverwillows smile.gif

I'm not sure I can be 100% positive that it's happening.... Well, thank you for your answer, Riverwillows smile.gif

The mods can tell. PM and say you are suspicious. They won't mind.

The mods can tell. PM and say you are suspicious. They won't mind.

Thank you fuzzbucket - will do, then.

Ok, dumb question: how do you do the strike thru text?

Ok, dumb question: how do you do the strike thru text?

{s} text {/s}

except instead of { there is [

Edited by DragoonEagle