Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

People also often breed things like xenos to celestials because of the multiclutch, allowing for more chances at stats or whatever, and as a side effect non-celestials are usually picked up while celestials are left behind.

Is there a specific mod in charge of the trading forum? If I wanted to ask them a question directly?

Today, someone warned me not to buy the new false-hydras from the market, because apparently they will disappear from your scroll if you don't already have a cb or 2nd gen on your scroll.
This... sounds really fishy to me. Is/was it some sort of glitch?

My one and only False-hydra came from the market and while it's got a couple more days to mature, it hasn't gone anywhere since I bought it. I suspect a ton of people have bought them from the market given how tough it can be to catch them in the cave, and if such a glitch existed I also suspect we would have heard a lot about it by now.

4 hours ago, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

Today, someone warned me not to buy the new false-hydras from the market, because apparently they will disappear from your scroll if you don't already have a cb or 2nd gen on your scroll.

I don't think that is correct. Mine have all stayed on my scroll.

7 hours ago, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

That would entirely defeat the purpose of the market. Whoever told you that is badly misinformed.

55 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

That would entirely defeat the purpose of the market. Whoever told you that is badly misinformed.

Or winding you up for the hell of it.

I don't think it's ture, but if you're worried you can take a photo/screenshot for it. After considering the price increase chance of them, I agree that the people may have bad intentions.

9 hours ago, Terces said:

My one and only False-hydra came from the market and while it's got a couple more days to mature, it hasn't gone anywhere since I bought it. I suspect a ton of people have bought them from the market given how tough it can be to catch them in the cave, and if such a glitch existed I also suspect we would have heard a lot about it by now.

6 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I don't think that is correct. Mine have all stayed on my scroll.

4 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Or winding you up for the hell of it.

2 hours ago, D-wing said:

I don't think it's ture, but if you're worried you can take a photo/screenshot for it. After considering the price increase chance of them, I agree that the people may have bad intentions.

Thank you guys for the responses!
I was immediately skeptical, but could also not rule out the chance that there was a glitch occurring.
I'll make sure and inform them, I don't believe that there was malicious intent behind it.

How many points do we get for which actions when we are earning our Market shards? I think some of them give one, two, or three points, but I can't remember which do which. Thanks in advance.

Pick up an egg from any biome  - 5

Hatch an egg on your scroll, or mature a hatchling to adulthood. - 3

Breed an egg (fails don't cont) - 2

Pick up an egg from the AP or review a description - 1

I'm observing some potentially strange cave behaviour, where the five minute shuffle isn't happening (as far as I can tell, none of the eggs in the various biomes are moving from their slots), but there's significant lag several seconds (30 or 40) after the five minute roll-over. Wanted to say something in case it wasn't just me. Otherwise, disregard.

it’s been lagging for me too on and off.  several others mentioned it too in the official discord 

13 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Pick up an egg from any biome  - 5

Hatch an egg on your scroll, or mature a hatchling to adulthood. - 3

Breed an egg (fails don't cont) - 2

Pick up an egg from the AP or review a description - 1

Thanks, Fuzz! This is very helpful. :)

Is anyone else getting errors? I'm trying to unhide my scroll to put some ER eggs into click sites and it won't let me access my settings. I keep getting a tombstone.

ETA: I finally got it to pop up, but then when I went to Valley Sherwood I got this message when trying to put my eggs on there:
image.png.8413a4aff8741f27a0eebf95aa6d38ce.png

It happened as soon as I hit enter. And what its saying here confuses me. 

Edited by Syiren

24 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Is anyone else getting errors? I'm trying to unhide my scroll to put some ER eggs into click sites and it won't let me access my settings. I keep getting a tombstone.

ETA: I finally got it to pop up, but then when I went to Valley Sherwood I got this message when trying to put my eggs on there:

No idea what it means, but I'm also getting an error message when I try to view my scroll in The Hatching Club; it seems AoND, DragHatch, Silvi's Lair, Dragon Breeder's Cave, and Egg Drop Soup are still working normally, though.

20 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

No idea what it means, but I'm also getting an error message when I try to view my scroll in The Hatching Club; it seems AoND, DragHatch, Silvi's Lair, Dragon Breeder's Cave, and Egg Drop Soup are still working normally, though.

That's a bit weird. I know the click sites have issues sometimes, but this message is a first for me.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

That's a bit weird. I know the click sites have issues sometimes, but this message is a first for me.

So I did a bit of google searching, and 'deprecated' in programming refers to something that is tolerated of supported but not recommended, which might indicate outdated coding (which may tie into why the error message mentions removing it in the future). Also found interacting with any of the dragons on Valley Sherwood yields this message:

image.png.5b8d76ee7ea9d72b5af19c564bb23c0a.png

Considering I was able to use both sites without issue before those lag spikes happened, my best guess is the prior lag is somehow involved in why both sites are unable to retrieve information from Dragon Cave now.

Edited by Myoukin

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

This is an issue with Valley Sherwood that should be reported to them.

It looks like people are discussing it over in the Valley Sherwood thread:

The dragcave API offers (offered?) two data formats for developers - json and php serialize. It looks like the serialize format is being removed (deprecated), which I totally agree with because serialize can be unsafe. JSON is safer, widely used, and has a wider range of compatibility.

Luckily should be a straightforward fix for fan site owners to implement.

2 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

The dragcave API offers (offered?) two data formats for developers - json and php serialize. It looks like the serialize format is being removed (deprecated), which I totally agree with because serialize can be unsafe. JSON is safer, widely used, and has a wider range of compatibility.

Luckily should be a straightforward fix for fan site owners to implement.

Grateful for the clear explanation! 👍🏻

Thank you, TJ. ^_^ I only thought it might be connected because of the tombstones errors I got moments before I noticed that issue. 

Also big thank you  @FortyTwo I had no idea what the formatting meant. I'm not really a techy person. ^^;