Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I'm guessing it's skipping this month, nothing new is,dropping in-cave and all

that's fine. I was sad for about three seconds before shrugging it off. it happens. I'm cool with it either way. :)

12 minutes ago, Syiren said:

that's fine. I was sad for about three seconds before shrugging it off. it happens. I'm cool with it either way. :)

Yeah, it's not such a bad thing to skip a month now and then to give players a chance to catch up on all the eggs we gave now if they missed any or anything.

Just now, KageSora said:

Yeah, it's not such a bad thing to skip a month now and then to give players a chance to catch up on all the eggs we gave now if they missed any or anything.

agreed, especially since it was the Birthday one and people are still collecting the DnD set and trying to summon the mighty Scourge Keeper.

17 minutes ago, Syiren said:

agreed, especially since it was the Birthday one and people are still collecting the DnD set and trying to summon the mighty Scourge Keeper.

That might be a reason to skip this month--number of breeds AND wanting to collect sets (or at least many individuals) for the BSA

Wasn’t there a weekend a few weeks ago when we expected a new release, it didn’t happen, then it showed up late? Possibly with a backdated news post, iirc.

2 minutes ago, oxoniensis said:

Wasn’t there a weekend a few weeks ago when we expected a new release, it didn’t happen, then it showed up late? Possibly with a backdated news post, iirc.

Hm, I think you're right--that sounds familiar.  Gotta keep an eye on it, then!

2 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Hm, I think you're right--that sounds familiar.  Gotta keep an eye on it, then!

I meant to say a few months ago, not a few weeks ago! One of the spring releases I think. So I’m gonna keep checking!

Hmm, at least the Valentine's schedule post didn't show up when expected this year. I think it was published about half a day after old Val dragons became breedable and the event biome returned, or more likely made public or something because the timestamp looked like it would have been posted hours before we could actually see it. 😹

That was not a release, though!

I was expecting a release too.  Yes, we had a late one a while ago, so definitely keep a lookout.  The Sunday one we were expecting happened on Monday if I remember correctly.

Ah, yes! I checked back and it was the March release.

Lol - been trying to control my grab reflex (albeit not entirely successfully) so as to ensure that I have space to accommodate June dragons.  It's going to be like the proverbial bus, isn't it?  Soon as you give up and decide to walk to the next stop, (aka fill your scroll) the darned thing will turn up . . . ! 🤣

Last 2 years it has been the 27th, so scroll is mostly clear just in case ;)  

several previous years have hit the 27th too, there's a few other dates around late June that crop up in latter years mostly based around dates covering the last weekend of June. 

2013 July 7th

2014 July 5th

2015 June 27th

2016 July 10th. 

2017 June 25th

2018 July 1st

2019 June 30th

2020 June 27th

2021 June 27th

Back in 2013 / 2014 there were less drops yearly on average, as the game has grown and demand (and spriters) has increased so the releases have become monthly in general :) 

moving the early July release to late June allows for another release late July, late August, Late September which is the pattern we've seen over the last 5 years or so etc :) 

January and November are the only 2 months at the moment that tend to remain release free

I'll be asleep at midnight cave time regardless, being in the UK, but I'll be checking quickly before I head off to work 🤞🏻

Not an issue, just a weird occurrence I'm curious about. I just got a notification that a trade I offered on was declined. BUT when I go to my 'trading' page the offer is still there.  Anyone else seeing this or have seen it in the past?

3 hours ago, nerys said:

Last 2 years it has been the 27th, so scroll is mostly clear just in case ;)  

several previous years have hit the 27th too, there's a few other dates around late June that crop up in latter years mostly based around dates covering the last weekend of June. 

2013 July 7th

2014 July 5th

2015 June 27th

2016 July 10th. 

2017 June 25th

2018 July 1st

2019 June 30th

2020 June 27th

2021 June 27th

Back in 2013 / 2014 there were less drops yearly on average, as the game has grown and demand (and spriters) has increased so the releases have become monthly in general :) 

moving the early July release to late June allows for another release late July, late August, Late September which is the pattern we've seen over the last 5 years or so etc :) 

January and November are the only 2 months at the moment that tend to remain release free

I'll be asleep at midnight cave time regardless, being in the UK, but I'll be checking quickly before I head off to work 🤞🏻

It's almost always a weekend day, though, and has been for a while now.  The last 2 years the 27th landed on a Sunday (2021) or a Saturday (2020).

It's entirely possible to move away from weekend dates, however.  There's not hard and fast rule that they ALWAYS have to be on a weekend day, so at this point it's unknown when it might drop if it will at all.

My guess would be that if it doesn't drop tonight as a delayed drop, it'll be the first weekend in July, so the 2nd or 3rd of July.  I'll probably limit what I breed/grab anyway this week just in case, lol.

7 hours ago, KageSora said:

It's almost always a weekend day, though, and has been for a while now.  The last 2 years the 27th landed on a Sunday (2021) or a Saturday (2020).

It's entirely possible to move away from weekend dates, however.  There's not hard and fast rule that they ALWAYS have to be on a weekend day, so at this point it's unknown when it might drop if it will at all.

My guess would be that if it doesn't drop tonight as a delayed drop, it'll be the first weekend in July, so the 2nd or 3rd of July.  I'll probably limit what I breed/grab anyway this week just in case, lol.

This! I must admit I was surprised again this morning when there wasn't a late release, but as you say, it's looking like next Sunday now.  Over to TJ!

Well please not Saturday; I have to be out most of the day,,,

Has anyone else been getting RIP errors? I just got three in the last 2 minutes trying to offer for a trade.

22 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Has anyone else been getting RIP errors? I just got three in the last 2 minutes trying to offer for a trade.

yes, when viewing the action pages for a couple of things. Mostly ok though 🤞🏻

28 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Yes, I have.  Got them while trying to do some breeding. 

Yep, tombstones everywhere again! Almost every other page I try to open won't load.

I'm getting RIP errors every few minutes while trying to breed xenos. Every other breeding creates an error as does opening dragons in new tabs. Is it a network error? 

On 6/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, milkbun said:

i just checked the link and can see it just fine! same for the bauta :)

maybe it was some kind of temporary bug? :V

@Shadowsearcher  in addition to fogging your eggs and removing your profile from the egg view links, you might want to login to draghatch if you haven't done so already. that way at least this site can't be used to viewbomb you, though it isn't much...

I guess the fixed themselves? I just released an Avea which is visible so...Huh...

I wonder what was wrong with it.

8 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I guess the fixed themselves? I just released an Avea which is visible so...Huh...

I wonder what was wrong with it.

Lagmonster ate them. Lol

The RIP errors seem to ha e stopped now.

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Lagmonster ate them. Lol

The RIP errors seem to ha e stopped now.

And spat them back out? Lol

The site is working fine for me as well.

Most things were recovered though I suppose I meant the Datamonster rather than Lagmonster.  ;)