Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If two CB Xenos breed, can they produce a Staterae? Assuming neither of the parents are a Staterae. 

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

If two CB Xenos breed, can they produce a Staterae? Assuming neither of the parents are a Staterae. 

Yes, that should be possible. I've asked that question before too. I think it's a fairly low chance though, I've only ever gotten 1 Stat from breeding non-Stat Xenos.

Edited by HeatherMarie

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

I have seen a couple in the hub, I think. Much more likely to get non-Stat Xeno from Staterae, though!

Edited by purplehaze

9 hours ago, missy_ said:

Definitely can

https://dragcave.net/lineage/145bt

(literally just went on a breeding spree after seeing your question

And I have a question. Does fertility wear off in terms of time? I fertilized dragon A and bred the supposed mate (B) with the wrong dragon (C). I'm not going to breed A with anything else in between this period, in this case will the fertility on A remain till next week, or would the effect wear off after a certain period of time?

@purplehaze Thank you!

Edited by Moriaty

21 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

And I have a question. Does fertility wear off in terms of time? I fertilized dragon A and bred the supposed mate (B) with the wrong dragon (C). I'm not going to breed A with anything else in between this period, in this case will the fertility on A remain till next week, or would the effect wear off after a certain period of time?

Fertility does not wear off. I have a dragon that I mistakenly used fertility on over a year ago and it is still greyed out on the fertility list.

It will last until the dragon is bred the next time, whenever that is.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:06 AM, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

Hello, I'm getting confused about how clicks and unique views are counted, and was wondering if it was ever explained in technical detail?
For example, viewing each of my eggs/hatchies via my laptop gives them a single click and unique view, but viewing them with my tablet does not give them a second click or unique view(different device, same IP)?
So, what if I bring my tablet to a coffee shop and click on them all while using a different wifi? (Different device, different IP)?

Basically, does the game pay any attention at all to devices, or does it revolve entirely around IP's?

(sorry if this post was confusing)

bumping this to the next page

2 hours ago, Shinketsu_Karasu said:

bumping this to the next page

It's IP based, yes.

Not sure actually - I think it's also account based; I've tried to get extra while on the road and it has never worked if I'm logged in,....

On 1/11/2022 at 2:40 PM, missy_ said:

16 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Definitely can

Even two of the same type can do it:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZWnV7

21 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

It's IP based, yes.

Alrighty, thanks for this :D
(P.S. you have an AMAZING scroll!!)

Is anyone else getting duplicates in their PM inbox? The first time it happened I thought it was the sender, who was a new player. But it has happened a couple more times in the last day or so.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:49 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Yes, that should be possible. I've asked that question before too. I think it's a fairly low chance though, I've only ever gotten 1 Stat from breeding non-Stat Xenos.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:15 PM, purplehaze said:

I have seen a couple in the hub, I think. Much more likely to get non-Stat Xeno from Staterae, though!

On 1/11/2022 at 6:48 PM, Moriaty said:

Definitely can

@purplehaze Thank you!

On 1/12/2022 at 10:52 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Not sure actually - I think it's also account based; I've tried to get extra while on the road and it has never worked if I'm logged in,....

Even two of the same type can do it:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZWnV7

Interesting. Thanks, everyone! :)

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Is anyone else getting duplicates in their PM inbox? The first time it happened I thought it was the sender, who was a new player. But it has happened a couple more times in the last day or so.

I have not had this happen, but I will keep a lookout and will report back if it does.

Is it not possible to turn off read receipts for PMs on the forums anymore? Would it be possible to bring that functionality back if so?

I'm not aware I have ever received such a receipt.... What do you mean ?

I am having problems with PMs. I asked earlier if anyone else was getting duplicates, as I have had that happen several times.

But a more concerning problem is that some PMs are simply not showing up, or not being highlighted as new for several days.

I just had a message from someone that I have been in a conversation with. The new message caused it to be highlighted, but they had apparently sent me a reply on Wednesday that I didn't see. It either was not highlighted when it arrived, or never showed up at all until they sent this reply.

I have had at least two other messages that have shown up late in the last week or so.

I check my PMs quite regularly and am very certain that there was nothing showing as a new message at the time those should have arrived.

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I am having problems with PMs. I asked earlier if anyone else was getting duplicates, as I have had that happen several times.

But a more concerning problem is that some PMs are simply not showing up, or not being highlighted as new for several days.

I just had a message from someone that I have been in a conversation with. The new message caused it to be highlighted, but they had apparently sent me a reply on Wednesday that I didn't see. It either was not highlighted when it arrived, or never showed up at all until they sent this reply.

I have had at least two other messages that have shown up late in the last week or so.

I check my PMs quite regularly and am very certain that there was nothing showing as a new message at the time those should have arrived.

Just sent you a pm, thought I'd post here just in case! :)

Is anybody else with a large number of dragons currently having problems breeding?

I get a blank page when I click the "breed" link. Just for standard dragons though. Drakes etc. work fine, which is why I think it may be related to the number of mates the page would have to show.

7 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Is anybody else with a large number of dragons currently having problems breeding?

I get a blank page when I click the "breed" link. Just for standard dragons though. Drakes etc. work fine, which is why I think it may be related to the number of mates the page would have to show.

Just tested and I'm getting some errors but sometimes it's okay. I successfully bred 4 pairings and then on the 5th one I got an error-page, and then I got more of those pages when trying to breed more. 

15 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

I, too, get a blank page when I try to breed...

I also get that blank page when I want to sort my dragons...

I also get some blank pages when sorting.  Not every time, but it's been happening for a while now.

Edited by Quinney

I still want to know what these are - I don't think I have ever received such a thing.

19 hours ago, MoonShark said:

Is it not possible to turn off read receipts for PMs on the forums anymore? Would it be possible to bring that functionality back if so?

47 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I still want to know what these are - I don't think I have ever received such a thing.

I believe these are read receipts:

https://prnt.sc/26dyaea

It tells you whether a participant in that PM has read or not read the PM yet; if someone turns read receipts off, it will display "not yet read" under that participant's name. 

I can't find a setting to turn it off, though, not within the messenger itself and not within account settings, although I wonder if turning online status to "not visible" would also turn off read receipts. (To get to this setting click the down arrow next to your name > account settings > security and privacy.)

Oh. If that's it - thanks - I can't see why anyone would care, unless they themselves don't want the sender to see they have read it....  It's not as if we have to "receive" anything - no annoying emails or notifications.

When stealing or breeding a Sunstone/Moonstone egg, is it random which one you will get? Or is it time-based?

5 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

When stealing or breeding a Sunstone/Moonstone egg, is it random which one you will get? Or is it time-based?

To my knowledge Sunstones and Moonstones are completely different breeds, they just have the same egg description. Since they fall in the same biome it's luck-based whether you get one or the other, but breeding a Sunstone should not be able to give a Moonstone. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

To my knowledge Sunstones and Moonstones are completely different breeds, they just have the same egg description. Since they fall in the same biome it's luck-based whether you get one or the other, but breeding a Sunstone should not be able to give a Moonstone. 

For whatever reason I thought they had a time based mechanic... Well, now I know. Thank you!