Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Most of my purple Siyats were ER-timed AP grabs for that very reason, a lot easier to wait when it's already lower-timed!

oh i agree!!!   i got this one from the AP, but there's still as of now 4d8h left on it, so i have to wait 2 days 8 hours before i can hatch it..... and that puts it at friday morning for me.  i'm in work at 10 a.m., so i'll be hatching him before i go into work..... i really hope an hour will be enough time for it to hatch before i have to leave!

Edited by trystan
little edits here and there

5 hours ago, trystan said:

oh i agree!!!   i got this one from the AP, but there's still as of now 4d8h left on it, so i have to wait 2 days 8 hours before i can hatch it..... and that puts it at friday morning for me.  i'm in work at 10 a.m., so i'll be hatching him before i go into work..... i really hope an hour will be enough time for it to hatch before i have to leave!

If you want to hatch it in an hour, you need to get it as many views as you can before it becomes hatchable at 4d. Then hide it until you want to start trying to hatch it.

Or if you don't get it enough views by the time it hits 4 days, put it in hatcheries when you can keep a close eye on it and then fog it when it gets to stage 3 or 4 cracking.

That will get it hatched quicker when you are ready to ER it and hatch it.

thanks @purplehaze!!  that's a good idea....   but it'll get to 4days at like 3 a.m..... in two hours from now.  so I what I can do tomorrow and Thursday is follow your suggestion of hatcheries and then fogging it at stage 3 or 4 of cracking.

what's two good hatchery to use in this case? I always use Valley Sherwood, Allure, Silvi's and Egg Drop Soup. I use DragHatch when I need a fifth hatchery. 

I like Allure and Draghatch for that sort of egg because they don't automatically put it in the ER even if it is under 4 days. If you need it to crack faster due to your schedule then you can use the ERs if you want to.

funny, over on discord someone suggested allure and valley sherwood,  but your choices make sense too

I do have the time Wednesday and Thursday to babysit the egg during the day, so that's good too

I use Allure and Silvi's. And only those two.

Edited by Lagie
Wrong thread

Is there still a possibility for a holiday x non holiday to refuse the first time they're bred out of holiday season?

13 minutes ago, Starbit said:

Is there still a possibility for a holiday x non holiday to refuse the first time they're bred out of holiday season?

You mean if they bred before during the season? I believe it can still happen, but I'm not sure. I would use a Purple just to be safe.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I use Allure and Silvi's. And only those two.

so i'm using Allure and DragHatch, for purplehaze's reason - you can check the box for ER... or not.

now - i just have to remember which Siyat is which - i have one hatching soon for blue, and the other one will be the purple one.

2 hours ago, Starbit said:

If they had never bred before the season, yes they can refuse afterwards, even if they bred within their season. I usually use fertility and test-breed BEFORE the season, so that I know what I won't be able to get if they refuse.

Thank you! I was still using purples to be sure but wanted to know if I still had to keep using them. Thanks for the responses!

Okay so yesterday I wanted to join a thread, but I needed my message link? I have zero idea how to find it. Even with the small tutorial, I have no idea. Please help me find my link? lol

@AsymDoll13 At the bottom of any of your posts is a "Message" link.

image.png.ce0b32b2acd86ea7a9b96bf856bbb371.png

Right click that and copy the url. :)

-------------------------

[completely normal striped dragon phenomenon redacted]

Edited by 0x08

so..... I meant to pay attention to my to-be-purple siyat, and didn't,  so he hatched blue.  sigh. it's okay.

I hesitate to give Siyat advice any more after what happened to Trystan. But I still think getting it a healthy dose of views before it can possibly hatch is a good idea. Then fog it and wait. Once it is low enough in time to be the color you want you can unfog it, put it back in hatcheries, and it should hatch very quickly. In fact, if you got it enough views earlier it might hatch before you even get it back into the hatcheries.

(I hid my post because I figured out what you've just suggested on my own)

Thank you @purplehaze! I've put it in some hatcheries now and I'll hide it when it starts cracking.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I hesitate to give Siyat advice any more after what happened to Trystan. But I still think getting it a healthy dose of views before it can possibly hatch is a good idea. Then fog it and wait. Once it is low enough in time to be the color you want you can unfog it, put it back in hatcheries, and it should hatch very quickly. In fact, if you got it enough views earlier it might hatch before you even get it back into the hatcheries.

no no, your advice was perfect and spot-on!  and i should have listened!  it's not you!

image.thumb.png.6d6beabe8ac2e105972f56e5565acb99.png

Success! I'll be seeing this egg in a couple days.

are emojis allowed in the user name?

as in, would "trys 🧶 📚 🐲" be accepted as a user name?

22 minutes ago, trystan said:

Probably not as it wont work as a hyperlink 

30 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:
54 minutes ago, trystan said:

Probably not as it wont work as a hyperlink 

ahh, all right.  makes sense.

just thought i'd ask before i tried it