Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Do non-Staterae xenowyrms count as (very) commons for the purposes of breeding?

Can hatchlings die to timer without gendering?

1 minute ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Do non-Staterae xenowyrms count as (very) commons for the purposes of breeding?

Can hatchlings die to timer without gendering?

The Xenos do seem to act a lot like commons when breeding.

If you keep the views low and fog it as soon as it hatches, it should remain ungendered until the timer runs out.

meant to ask this yesterday.... i picked up two eggs from the AP yesterday, and i'm pretty certain they both had 4d12h left on them, so i incubated and hatched 'em.....  but one of them was laid on August 16th and the other stolen on August 17th.  was the bred one stunned? is there another way it would gain an entire day like that?

4 hours ago, trystan said:

meant to ask this yesterday.... i picked up two eggs from the AP yesterday, and i'm pretty certain they both had 4d12h left on them, so i incubated and hatched 'em.....  but one of them was laid on August 16th and the other stolen on August 17th.  was the bred one stunned? is there another way it would gain an entire day like that?

Eggs can't be stunned, only hatchlings. I'm assuming one was bred at the very end of the 16th (like right before midnight) and the other stolen not long after the start of the 17th. Since DC doesn't show minutes on timers, they could both show 4d12h while actually being a half hour difference between them or such.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Eggs can't be stunned, only hatchlings. I'm assuming one was bred at the very end of the 16th (like right before midnight) and the other stolen not long after the start of the 17th. Since DC doesn't show minutes on timers, they could both show 4d12h while actually being a half hour difference between them or such.

yeah,  I knew that about eggs...I did! XD

yeah,  what you suggest makes sense! thanks! :)

Edited by trystan

tjs take and leave an egg is down? When I click on the website I get a blank page with one sentence. "Sorry, a database error has occurred."

On 8/20/2021 at 4:50 AM, DragonLady86 said:

Use an auto refresher on your scroll/ its page.  You can only get 15x the overall views so it does need posted somewhere. (Alternatively let it go er so it doesn't need as many.

On 8/20/2021 at 5:18 AM, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

For Blue Sapphires, I post them in multiple hatcheries but fog them at night so they only get views when I can watch over them. When an egg has about ~1000 overall views, I fog it again until it's at 4 days. It will then take a couple of hours to hatch on its own. I proceed the same way with the hatchling, making sure it doesn't exceed ~2000 overall views before hitting 4 days. Since the limit for Yellow Sapphires is around 4000 views, this method makes sure that your egg/hatchie can't possibly turn yellow, though it is a bit involved.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:15 AM, Lost_Unicorn said:

1.Hit ER time.
2.Add your egg to ER of some hatchery for 1-5 minutes.
3.Do (2) for another 2-3 hatcheries.
4.Wait for some hours or days.
5.Repeat from (2) until you have enough UVs.

I think it's better to not use Super ERs (or whatever they are called) so you don't get as much excessive OVs from fast-refreshers.

21 hours ago, Tini said:

I fog mine until ER and then put them in places and let them be, then fog again until ER. It's a little risky but I also don't pay the closest attention. I once left an egg ARing for an hour after it hatched cause I forgot the tab was open, it barely turned yellow when growing up.

21 hours ago, Dracaena said:

In the past I've used Yarolds to kick up the unique views.

So basically I have to ER the egg and watch it really, REALLY closely.

Thank you all for all the tips!

3 hours ago, Paradisiske said:

tjs take and leave an egg is down? When I click on the website I get a blank page with one sentence. "Sorry, a database error has occurred."

something's down, because my purple banner isn't showing in my sig.  it's a broken image and my scroll link at the moment

Double-checking, do blue Sapphire *hatchlings* turn pink if abandoned? 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Double-checking, do blue Sapphire *hatchlings* turn pink if abandoned? 

No they don't. 

Posted (edited)

Would I be allowed to trade my own drawn adoptables for dragons? If yes then where would be the appropriate place to open my adoptable trade thread?

Edit: I wanna do custom adoptable trades for dinos cuz I'm desperate for them 😧 My adoptables are gonna be animated pixel cats, I have a prototype here https://www.deviantart.com/ri96y/art/Floory-Cat-889508391 I'm hoping they would be cool enough for a dino trade?

I was also just going crazy looking for dinos in the cave but I ended up nabbing a CB pink zyumorph instead. Do you think breeding it would be good enough to trade for dinos?

And now I have a CB yellow zyumorph X.X

Edited by Romyyy

3 hours ago, Romyyy said:

Would I be allowed to trade my own drawn adoptables for dragons? If yes then where would be the appropriate place to open my adoptable trade thread?

I don't think so, as DC's TOS says no trading dragons for anything but dragons.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Romyyy said:

As Shadowdrake says - no.

But one thing you COULD try is a line in your sig saying how much you want one. That sometimes has surprising results. And honestly - they aren't that hard to find; you've not been here that long; you'll see ! Good luck.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

didn't want to clutter up the release thread with this question but @MissK. mentioned offhandedly there was a new zombie type released recently, can anyone remind me what it was? :0 i don't keep up with zombies at all and the wiki did not help!

3 minutes ago, steeve said:

didn't want to clutter up the release thread with this question but @MissK. mentioned offhandedly there was a new zombie type released recently, can anyone remind me what it was? :0 i don't keep up with zombies at all and the wiki did not help!

ah heck....the temple wyrm? two headed wyrm I think is the classification? whenever there's a new zombie its cause there's been a new body type in a subgroup at this point lol.

Yeah I meant the temples, Tini is right. 

What is a bloodswap and what does it entail? e.g. would trading a 3G with a CB of the same breed be a bloodswap?

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

What is a bloodswap and what does it entail? e.g. would trading a 3G with a CB of the same breed be a bloodswap?

Blood swap is same breed, same lineage. So no, a CB is not a replacement for a 3G. The person is asking for an identical but unrelated dragon.  Generally to expand a lineage beyond what they have on their own scroll.

Edited by DragonLady86
Typos. X2 lol

Ah okay, this makes a lot of sense. :) Thank you!

8 hours ago, 0x08 said:

8 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Ah okay, this makes a lot of sense. :) Thank you!

Also, to clarify, there are many types of 3G lineages. A 3rd even generation, a 3G Stair, a 3G Spiral, a 3G double arrow are a few.  Some of them could be further broken down into purebred, checker, etc.  So the term “3G” in and of itself isn’t that specific—it becomes much more specific when used with the term “bloodswap.” :)

“Bloodswap” is generally used by people working on lineages. Let’s say someone wants to do a checker or a certain type of hybrid lineage. Or something involving a holiday x a common dragon.  Metal x common even generation lineages are popular with some, albeit difficult to get a metal from a common. Those are a few examples. 

57 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Also, to clarify, there are many types of 3G lineages. A 3rd even generation, a 3G Stair, a 3G Spiral, a 3G double arrow are a few.  Some of them could be further broken down into purebred, checker, etc.  So the term “3G” in and of itself isn’t that specific—it becomes much more specific when used with the term “bloodswap.” :)

“Bloodswap” is generally used by people working on lineages. Let’s say someone wants to do a checker or a certain type of hybrid lineage. Or something involving a holiday x a common dragon.  Metal x common even generation lineages are popular with some, albeit difficult to get a metal from a common. Those are a few examples. 

Um, thats why I said it needs to an identical lineage?

Posted (edited)

I gave further feedback to them on the term “3G” and elaborated on lineages. I stated “To clarify (on the term 3G)” ...

We both have the same end goal in mind: to help the player.

Edited by missy_

1 minute ago, Kegluneq said:

Can I enrage an Aegis if I kill an egg with EQ?

Yes. At least I assume so because an egg that dies from a Vampire bite works. I have never actually tried it.