Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

ALSO - you can quote the whole post - and then go to where you want the first bit to stop and hit enter a couple of times (you may then need to go back to where you want to start typing your response and hit it again) and it will break the quote apart.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

ALSO - you can quote the whole post - and then go to where you want the first bit to stop and hit enter a couple of times

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

(you may then need to go back to where you want to start typing your response and hit it again) and it will break the quote apart.

Had to try that. XD

It did sort of work, but I had to hit enter more than once after I went back, in order to make it work.

That might be easier than my way. It does leave a lot of blank space that would need to be cleaned up, but it works. :)

And if the post you are quoting is pages back, you don't have to keep going back to it.

Posted (edited)

On 7/31/2021 at 9:16 PM, purplehaze said:

If you highlight part of their post, you will see a pop-up that says "quote selection" (you might have to right click to see it). Click on that pop-up and it will put the highlighted part in a quote box.

Ooh! That's it! I didn't right click, I saw the pop up as soon as I selected part of your post.

Do that separately for each part you want to quote.

*O*!

That is what I do on my Windows laptop using Firefox. If you are using mobile or another browswer then I have no idea if that will work.

I'm using Chrome on my laptop, maybe it'll work the same on phone, but eventually I'll get the chance to try the method!

Thank you so much!

I'll try @Fuzzbucket's method my next post here, right now I don't wanna double post!

Edited by Kegluneq

On 7/31/2021 at 4:15 AM, Tini said:

Yeah, but vamps and eqs also count. If you stab early on the .... 15th? (i dont exactly know the timing) the tombstones will be there for revive but you can stab a bit later for 10 revives on the 31st.

For a day, yeah

Only eggs count against your scroll I think? I don't think hatchies do but I'm not 100% certain. Frozen hatchies don't for sure.

On 7/31/2021 at 4:15 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - to the second.

you can kill it again after 24 hours (to the second) - some say after midnigt cave time; I haev never managed to verify this.

All killed eggs count for 24 hours after they were killed. If you trade away stuff to make a space, those spaces will be available. A space is a space. At presehjt you have - maybe 5 - occupied by the dead, is all.

Have you looked under the breed they used to be ? you sort by breed, I think.

ETA they are both on your front page, mixed in.

A failed kill doesn't count as a kill.

On 7/31/2021 at 4:44 AM, Shadowdrake said:

1) 5 kills per 2 weeks. Failed vampires and earthquake deaths are not limited by this, but will still take up your kill slots and prevent you from killing more. Killing early on the 17th will allow you up to 10 revives in a 24-hour period.

2) It will continue to dodge until next midnight, when the chance resets. 

3) Killing any growing things will lock the slot for 24 hours. If hatchling, only a growing slot is taken. If egg, both growing slot and egg slot are taken. if frozen hatchling or adult, no scroll slots are taken. If you're ever uncertain if a dead thing is still taking a scroll slot, you can check your egg limits page

- It acts exactly the same as if you were trading while locked/they were still growing hatchlings; you can trade 1:1, or more of yours for less of the other person's, but you can't go over 24 growing things. 

4) You can ctrl+f "dead" to find them easier. They should be exactly where they were before you killed them.

5) Failed kills and successful, non-zombie revives do not take up kill slots. Only murdered corpses and fresh zombies do.

If you're making zombie hatchlings, starving them to death in advance is more efficient as they won't lock your slot after you die, and you can still use your kills on adults.

@Tini, @Fuzzbucket and @Shadowdrake, thank you so much for your help. I generally only try for zombies on the 31st of the month. Fuzz, thank you for showing me those tombstones. I thought that I had tried sorting by breed but I must not have. Anyway, I do see them now! 

On 7/31/2021 at 2:16 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Seems to me I was once able to count bred waterhorses as coast ones while I was doing Slimeridge Love.... but they are ONLY in coast.

Fuzz, I don’t know if you are interested in experimenting here, but I have on my scroll currently a 2G purebred Spitfire egg.  (FYI anyone: Spitfires can only be found in the Desert.)  If you or anyone else wants to take this egg and grow it up as your third Desert egg to see if it qualifies for the raffle, I’ll hold it for a bit. :)

On 7/31/2021 at 2:16 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Seems to me I was once able to count bred waterhorses as coast ones while I was doing Slimeridge Love.... but they are ONLY in coast.

If anyone is interested in experimenting to find out if a purebred 2G Spitfire from two Spitfire (Desert only) parents will count as a raffle entry, please leave a comment in this thread — and please report back with your findings so we know whether it worked! :) Leave a dummy (random AP) egg at trade link below and comment here —you could also send me a PM,but I’d like for this experiment to be public so we all learn something. 

Leave a dummy AP egg and comment in this thread:

Experimental 2G PB single biome to see if this egg will count as a Raffle entry

No point my trying as I have three, so we couldn't tell.

Wasn't sure where to even ask about this.  I had hoped there might be a thread somewhere to discuss Pink Sapphire trading/dropping/catching, but I can't find anything, and I don't want to post something if it's already somewhere or if it isn't allowed.  Does anyone know if I'm missing a thread about it? Or have any thoughts on it?  For example, I was going to breed a couple of Sapphires and see if I could coordinate someone to catch them if I release them so that they would be at the very front of the AP.  That sort of thing.

Cheers!

Em

56 minutes ago, Emerald01 said:

Wasn't sure where to even ask about this.  I had hoped there might be a thread somewhere to discuss Pink Sapphire trading/dropping/catching, but I can't find anything, and I don't want to post something if it's already somewhere or if it isn't allowed.  Does anyone know if I'm missing a thread about it? Or have any thoughts on it?  For example, I was going to breed a couple of Sapphires and see if I could coordinate someone to catch them if I release them so that they would be at the very front of the AP.  That sort of thing.

Cheers!

Em

This thread might be a good place to start -

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/189020-on-wednesdays-we-wear-pink-ie-pink-sapphires/

14 hours ago, missy_ said:

If anyone is interested in experimenting to find out if a purebred 2G Spitfire from two Spitfire (Desert only) parents will count as a raffle entry, please leave a comment in this thread — and please report back with your findings so we know whether it worked! :) Leave a dummy (random AP) egg at trade link below and comment here —you could also send me a PM,but I’d like for this experiment to be public so we all learn something. 

Leave a dummy AP egg and comment in this thread:

Experimental 2G PB single biome to see if this egg will count as a Raffle entry

i rarely biome hunt (other than terrae) and am sitting at a modest 0/3 so i'll give this a try.

7 hours ago, steeve said:

i rarely biome hunt (other than terrae) and am sitting at a modest 0/3 so i'll give this a try.

Great! :) The egg is yours. Thank you for conducting the experiment. It will be interesting to see if it works! 

Posted (edited)

Are Split dragons really that overpopulated, or am I just extremely unlucky?

I just bred 26 pairs and got only 9 eggs. And that is pretty typical of what I have been getting from them lately.

It had been 2 weeks since I bred any of these, too.

The other 2-headed breeds I bred gave me 12 eggs from 18 pairs. :blink:

Edited by purplehaze

55 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Are Split dragons really that overpopulated, or am I just extremely unlucky?

I just bred 26 pairs and got only 9 eggs. And that is pretty typical of what I have been getting from them lately.

It had been 2 weeks since I bred any of these, too.

The other 2-headed breeds I bred gave me 12 eggs from 18 pairs. :blink:

Splits are the oldest two-headed, so it makes sense their population is high compared to other two-heads. It seems all two-headeds are uncommon base rarity, too.

this is going to sound so silly. i'm so sorry if it's written down somewhere, i couldn't find the answer to my questions on mobile. :( is there a rule against necroposting or is it a free for all ? as in, if i want to talk about something but the related already existing thread hasn't had a reply in 5 years, should i make a new thread or go for it anyway ?

There's not a rule against it, as far as I am aware. But in a case where it has been that long, it might be better to start a new one. It also depends on which forum section it is in and what the subject is

i had my eyes on the cooking thread in general discussion in particular, but it's been 4 years since the last message. i might start a new thread then, as you advised. thank you !

Posted (edited)

If you breed two Baikala Dragons, one green and one blue, what color will the egg be? Will it take from one of the parents? Or will it be random?

Edited by 0x08

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

If you breed two Baikala Dragons, one green and one blue, what color will the egg be? Will it take from one of the parents? Or will it be random?

It's random, but I *believe* whatever color they breed first is the color they'll always breed? Or at least the color they'll breed most often. Learned that the hard way when trying to do a lineage with them.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Going by past results, blue females x green males can breed either color but each combination will create only one color (so if you don't get the result you want you'll need to get a whole new mate). Green females x anything else seems to produce all greens.

Edited by Shadowdrake

I recently learnt that AP Canto eggs can hatch another color than pink (the default). Which means that a BSA from the previous owner keeps affecting the egg after it's been abandoned. My question is: which color have you seen AP Canto hatch into? or Which BSA can "stay" with the egg after it's been abandoned? 

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I recently learnt that AP Canto eggs can hatch another color than pink (the default). Which means that a BSA from the previous owner keeps affecting the egg after it's been abandoned. My question is: which color have you seen AP Canto hatch into? or Which BSA can "stay" with the egg after it's been abandoned? 

A while back I caught one that I was hoping would be pink. While I didn't end up hatching it (traded it away as an egg) it was under my red Cantos when I sorted by breed, and as far as I know that's still an accurate indicator. So I assume it was incubated before abandoning, and that doesn't go away.

It's interesting that the Incubate BSA remains with abandoned Canto eggs, even if the effect of the BSA itself (one day off on the timer) is removed.

I guess that the way Canto eggs are coded is that there is a variable somewhere for color and that variable changes each time a BSA is used. When abandoned, the value of the variable remains the same. Which means that you could get any color of Canto from the AP.

Sorting by breed to see which type of Canto the egg is placed under is a great tip! Thanks @MissK.

7 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Going by past results, blue females x green males can breed either color but each combination will create only one color (so if you don't get the result you want you'll need to get a whole new mate). Green females x anything else seems to produce all greens.

I see, thank you for the info!

Is Fertility even good for anything besides stopping permanent refusal anymore?