Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

How many shards is the most anyone can have at this point? Like, if you've collected the max shards every week since implementation and haven't spent any? (I guess I could attempt the math, but I figured it'd be easier to see if someone actually has that amount...)

I make it 13,200 as of tomorrow.... (I may be horribly wrong...) Excel is fab....

Since you ask !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Hi Dragon cave man and ladies i have a small question what means:

• Unique Breeds268

Can dragons which have successfully bred together in the past reject each other? If so, is there any way to mitigate the risk of that happening?

1 hour ago, eccoshop said:

Hi Dragon cave man and ladies i have a small question what means:

• Unique Breeds268

It means that that scroll has 268 different breeds. There are a total of 270, so there are two breeds they don't own.

42 minutes ago, greatguy said:

Can dragons which have successfully bred together in the past reject each other? If so, is there any way to mitigate the risk of that happening?

Only if the breeding took place during holiday season and one of the dragons was a holiday dragon. Otherwise - they can show no interest or not give an egg, but they cannot actually refuse.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

The maximum amount of shards you can have is 13,200. (I've never spent any and I don't believe I ever missed a week.)

(Edit: Didn't realize there was another new page on Tiny Little Questions and that the question got answered hours ago. Well, confirmation, I guess?)

Edited by Mathcat

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You shouldn't, no. But someone killed one, the sprite didn't appear (as is often happening lately after an action) so they refreshed the page to see the sprite, the action was "repeated" I guess and the exalted one died and was unrevivable. So I posted that as a warning.

Oh jeez. Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't seen that 

Question about revival and zombifying: if a growing hatchling die of low time or too many clicks, can it be revived/can it be made into zombies? Or are only adults and frozen hatchlings that die of "killing" can?

If they can, then if they're revived how is the count down gonna change? Do they automatically get frozen?

38 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

: if a growing hatchling die of low time or too many clicks, can it be revived/can it be made into zombies?

Yes. Any dead hatchling can be turned into a zombie. Many people let hatchlings die when it's near zombie making days for lots of hatchling fodder. However, if they become zombies they are automatically frozen so you can only make zombie hatchies with them. Regular revives can bypass your growing things limit temporarily and won't be abandoned or anything.

5 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes. Any dead hatchling can be turned into a zombie. Many people let hatchlings die when it's near zombie making days for lots of hatchling fodder. However, if they become zombies they are automatically frozen so you can only make zombie hatchies with them. Regular revives can bypass your growing things limit temporarily and won't be abandoned or anything.

Thanks!

Another quick question: can neglected dragon get sick?

12 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Another quick question: can neglected dragon get sick?

They technically can, but it's very very rare and hard to do because they are already 6 days old. They will definitely not get sick even if you add to all hatcheries and give them lots of views.

I’ve seen a trading request a couple of times that I don’t understand: ‘no weeds please’. I’m drawing a blank on it, any thoughts?

I've seen vines described that way - would that fit ?

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've seen vines described that way - would that fit ?

That would fit, yes, thanks. 

Is there a way to sort by rainbow color / age within a group while not affecting the entire scroll (which sorts by breed)? 

I seem to be only able to sort group members manually (custom sort) and when it's a large group that gets annoying....

Nevermind I was stupid I clicked "sort" instead of thinking to look in edit. Found how to do that!

Edited by Moriaty

I've a bit of a hypothetical question,  I know there wouldn't really be an answer but this is driving me nuts.  Why do people keep breeding staterae and GoN when it isn't possible to get an avatar from the pairing? (staterae are neutral elemental affinity - no possible avatar)

14 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

I've a bit of a hypothetical question,  I know there wouldn't really be an answer but this is driving me nuts.  Why do people keep breeding staterae and GoN when it isn't possible to get an avatar from the pairing? (staterae are neutral elemental affinity - no possible avatar)

I haven't done it myself, but I would assume that they want a staterae, so it's like breeding to a holiday - you're guaranteed a particular offspring, if they produce at all. And there's a market for ANY staterae right now, in theory, so trade fodder.

Maybe partly aesthetics, too, as it is a pretty pairing, imho. :) 

Edited by Shala

23 minutes ago, Shala said:

I haven't done it myself, but I would assume that they want a staterae, so it's like breeding to a holiday - you're guaranteed a particular offspring, if they produce at all. And there's a market for ANY staterae right now, in theory, so trade fodder.

Maybe partly aesthetics, too, as it is a pretty pairing, imho. :) 

Staterae will produce any xeno including itself so it's not a guaranteed offspring.  Though the result is useless if you are into checkers, be better to breed to an actual holiday if that is the motivation.

3 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Staterae will produce any xeno including itself so it's not a guaranteed offspring.  Though the result is useless if you are into checkers, be better to breed to an actual holiday if that is the motivation.

Like holidays, it's guaranteed to not foul you up with the mate's breed that you'd rather not get instead, minimizing the rng. Not everyone is into checkers either; some will take the trade bc they just want any 2g stat bc they can't get a CB, and anything with GoNs are imperfect checkers at best anyway.

5 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Me, personally, I like them and think they're pretty. Plus they're both kind of "legendary" special types of dragons, so they fit well together. I still don't have any CB Staterae, but when I do, GoNs will be one of my top picks for mates. Not everything needs to be a perfect checker these days, there are lot of good-looking EG lineages out there too.

If these questions are answered in a thread or on site somewhere, please redirect me.

- Is it allowed for me to post a forum thread sharing stories/biographies/art I make for my dragons? There isn't much room in the descriptions, and I don't think pictures/links are allowed in them, either. If so, what forum would I put it in?

- Is it allowed for me to include 'true names' for dragons in their descriptions (such as a name I want is already taken and I give them a placeholder name or something on the scroll, but I put the taken name I wanted them to have in the description.)

4 minutes ago, DethJackal said:

If these questions are answered in a thread or on site somewhere, please redirect me.

- Is it allowed for me to post a forum thread sharing stories/biographies/art I make for my dragons? There isn't much room in the descriptions, and I don't think pictures/links are allowed in them, either. If so, what forum would I put it in?

- Is it allowed for me to include 'true names' for dragons in their descriptions (such as a name I want is already taken and I give them a placeholder name or something on the scroll, but I put the taken name I wanted them to have in the description.)

1. Original Works is probably the best place - https://forums.dragcave.net/forum/25-original-works/ Make yourself a thread and share there.

2. Yes, though you might need to explain why the scroll name and description name don't match. Something like: "While known as Dragonzee on the scroll, this dragon prefers to use her true name of Flower Healer... "

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

1. Original Works is probably the best place - https://forums.dragcave.net/forum/25-original-works/ Make yourself a thread and share there.

2. Yes, though you might need to explain why the scroll name and description name don't match. Something like: "While known as Dragonzee on the scroll, this dragon prefers to use her true name of Flower Healer... "

Thank you!

Someone is viewbombing me, which sucks.  I've Warded the one egg that's gotten sick and hidden it.  However one of my hatchies [a very valuable one that I like very much] is also sick because of it. 😕  What can I do to prevent it from dying, besides fogging it?  Will stunning it help?

21 minutes ago, DethJackal said:

Sure. I do that pretty often in my own descriptions (here's one) and have not encountered any issues. If you acknowledge the discrepancy in some way, it'll be fine.

25 minutes ago, Dekka said:

Someone is viewbombing me, which sucks.  I've Warded the one egg that's gotten sick and hidden it.  However one of my hatchies [a very valuable one that I like very much] is also sick because of it. 😕  What can I do to prevent it from dying, besides fogging it?  Will stunning it help?

Hatchlings are very difficult to viewbomb to death. If it has days left to live, sure fog it. (Stunning it will add time to it) if its got a few hours you an probably just wait it out.

Edited by DragonLady86