Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If yo traded an egg, any influence falls anyway - and anyone trading should know that.

Right, but I forgot I used influence (so much trading and catching and using BSA this week!) and relied on the precog to tell me the gender. Brain fart, what can I say, but leaves the recipient with an egg that may or may not be the gender they were looking for and they are out of influences. I rarely use the precog since I never, ever run out of pinks, I wasn't sure how it worked with influence. Learned a new thing and may owe someone a  correctly gendered hatchie, it's all good.

I just got my first little tree! However, where does it show up at? I don't see it anywhere in my list.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, tarheel220 said:

I just got my first little tree! However, where does it show up at? I don't see it anywhere in my list.

It sorts as "Leetle", so between your Laculas and your Leodons.

(Since it's an egg, you can use your browser's page search for "egg" to find it.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

What are the chances of breeding green spinels from two red spinels? Is it as rare as getting alts?

54 minutes ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

What are the chances of breeding green spinels from two red spinels? Is it as rare as getting alts?

A little under half. It used to be 100% but tj adjusted that.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

A little under half. It used to be 100% but tj adjusted that.

Inaccurate, my testing suggests that getting a Spinel that isn't the color of its parents is actually about 1/6. That is about how rare alt Black/Vine/Undine dragons seem to be.

Edited by Keileon

5 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Inaccurate, my testing suggests that getting a Spinel that isn't the color of its parents is actually about 1/6. That is about how rare alt Black/Vine/Undine dragons seem to be.

Wow, really? That's a pretty stark difference. Interesting!

12 hours ago, Keileon said:

Breed-only alts can be found around 1/6 of the time? Huh, I learned something new today.

Hey, is that the same for alts like tan Ridgewings and red Dorsals? Is it a 1/6 chance (or whatever probability it is to get a breed-only alt) to get one from the wild?

9 hours ago, ChickpeaHummus said:

Breed-only alts can be found around 1/6 of the time? Huh, I learned something new today.

Hey, is that the same for alts like tan Ridgewings and red Dorsals? Is it a 1/6 chance (or whatever probability it is to get a breed-only alt) to get one from the wild?

No idea on that. Multiple people, including a couple of artists, have told me that bred-only alts have a roughly 1/6 chance of spawning. I didn't realize the Spinels were included in that until I took stats of my massbreeding, because Spinels can be determined by the egg, unlike the other three. I have no idea if alts that can be CB (and visible via the egg) have the same rates, but if I had to guess I'd say that's likely.

I swear on my life I remember them being called Candela dragons. Did the name change? I can't find any evidence of them ever being called Candela dragons but I know for a fact I'm not misremembering things.

They have always been Candelabra dragons.

Maybe you misread it way back when? I've been known to do just that.

I don’t know if this is the place for it or if any of you even know, but I vaguely remember a user on here collecting CB Pillow dragons or something like that ?? If any of you know who it is, feel free to answer, it’s much appreciated

Anyone else using grid custom sort and getting huge tiles like this?

Is this intended or a glitch?

image.png.2c35a4a6e4b97f4a9697ac3de7d464c1.png

Not me (windows PC)

I'm using Windows10 and Firefox on laptop.

Everything was normal yesterday.

17 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Anyone else using grid custom sort and getting huge tiles like this?

Is this intended or a glitch?

image.png.2c35a4a6e4b97f4a9697ac3de7d464c1.png

Me too (also Firefox and Windows 10). It already started yesterday evening for me.

Might be something to do with Firefox? I don't have any other browser loaded to check on this computer at the moment (except Edge, which Microsoft is pushing hard, but I refuse to use.)

Firefox DID just offer an update - I didn't accept it, but maybe that's it ? I use Opera, and just tested Chrome and Pale Moon on the side.

ETA nope - I just DID update - and it still looks normal for me, Maybe a Win 10 update thing ?

I still use IE, but when this started I checked both Edge and Chrome.  It appears the same in all of them.

Tiles are normal for me, Win 10 laptop using Chrome.