Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

Well, mine looks OK. Have you maybe used up all your shards (sounds daft, but..)

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Justie said:

Um, I appear to have missed something somewhere about the Market.

 

In the past, I have been allowed to buy as much as I wanted. Now I get a message saying I have reached my weekly limit after buying one (1) new release Xeno. 

 

And not just on Xenos, but I am now not able to buy ANY egg from the market.

 

What is the story?

Are you sure it's not the weekly limit of shards you can gain, and that you don't have enough shards to buy anything? It's the only thing that makes sense to me. (I just bought 2 eggs a couple of days ago, so there is no 1 egg/week limit.)

 

ETA: Do you have room for another egg on your scroll?

Edited by olympe

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks @olympe It was at 6% of weekly gain and I have oodles of shards.

 

But I realized, from what you said, there is another limit.

 

Egg slots! I assume it was that, because I have had no problem today. 👍

Share this post


Link to post

Well, the shards limit resets sometime on Sunday (I think), so weekly limit may have been 100% when you first looked and 6% when you looked again. But, yes, egg limits. XD 

Share this post


Link to post

There seems to be a glitch in Trading, but only for this page: https://dragcave.net/trading?start=120#public

 

Maybe just me?  There is a trade whose trade image appears in odd places, even after page refreshing.  Might be off to the side, sometimes overlaps something else.....Weird. 

Share this post


Link to post

I see what you mean - i think it's the very long want box ? Because it has no spaces between the words, it can't wrap to the next line.

 

image.png.00e9784614e1d5c814be87f7b051f50c.png

Share this post


Link to post

I think I might've asked this before but I couldn't find where, but is it a mistake that the encyclopedia classifies red-finned tidal dragons as lindwyrms?

Share this post


Link to post

Well the wiki shows them that way too (not that it's official)

 

Quote

 

Lindwyrms, also known as Lindworms/Lindwurms, have a serpentine body with one pair of legs, or forelimbs, and may be winged or wingless. Some Lindwyrms are unable to fly even when they have wings.

 

 

It seems to fit.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well the wiki shows them that way too (not that it's official)

 

 

It seems to fit.

 

But tidals don't have arms. Every other dragon with only wings for limbs is classified as an amphiptere.

Share this post


Link to post

One pair of legs OR forelimbs. They have back legs.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I see what you mean - i think it's the very long want box ? Because it has no spaces between the words, it can't wrap to the next line.

 

image.png.00e9784614e1d5c814be87f7b051f50c.png

Yes, but it only seems to occur on that particular page.  

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

That's the point - if you look at that particular trade it's the ONLY one with that issue.

 

ETA and if you go back to trades posted at 10.34am EDT (now on page 10.... ) - it's still there and is the only one doing that.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post

Tj seems to have fixed that by making all text one line only, with a cutoff.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Tj seems to have fixed that by making all text one line only, with a cutoff.

 

Which I think is a bad solution to a rather small problem. Not sure if I should make a thread to ask "please undo"...

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

 

Which I think is a bad solution to a rather small problem. Not sure if I should make a thread to ask "please undo"...

I think it's fine, since it opens up to the possibility of longer messages or more text fields without stretching the page, but it is a little less convenient.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

So long as people WILL put lunatic oneextremelylongwordwithnobreaksinitasawantwithoutthinkingthatnoonewillreaditanyway wants, that's fine by me. That was stupid of the trader.

 

WAIT - you get to see the full text when you actually open the offer. That's brilliant. You'll only see the full text on things that interest you. I even more support his solution.

 

WAIT again the whole thing was unintentional anyway:

 

 

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post

1. I caught a hatchie in the AP and now I can't abandon it. I can transfer it to another person, but if I try to abandon it says

 

"You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and try to walk away, but it follows you."

 

Did someone earthquake it or something. I don't dare abandon it now, in case it is unique! :lol:

 

2. Also, where can I find out how to breed the Xenos now?

Share this post


Link to post

@Justie In regards to your first question, that just means you failed to abandon it, which has a chance of happening. You can try again after a day has passed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, subwoofer said:

@Justie In regards to your first question, that just means you failed to abandon it, which has a chance of happening. You can try again after a day has passed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

 

16 minutes ago, Natevaelle said:

@Justie, @subwoofer is right. :) The wiki states there are even two other possible messages that may show when you fail to abandon a hatchling. 

 

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Abandon

 

//Edit: This might help with how to breed xenowyrms: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Astrapi_Xenowyrm#Breeding

@Natevaelle, @subwoofer

Thank you both for your help! All these years at DC and I never knew about the chance of unsuccessful abandoning! Obviously I have not been a particularly attractive mum for the hatchies I abandon!

And I see I am going to be studying Wiki for a while if I am going to predict outcomes! 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's the point - if you look at that particular trade it's the ONLY one with that issue.

 

ETA and if you go back to trades posted at 10.34am EDT (now on page 10.... ) - it's still there and is the only one doing that.

How very odd. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Tj seems to have fixed that by making all text one line only, with a cutoff.

 

Thanks for the update. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Justie said:

All these years at DC and I never knew about the chance of unsuccessful abandoning! Obviously I have not been a particularly attractive mum for the hatchies I abandon!

I encountered it years ago when abandoning was the only way to trade. I had to convince the person I was trying to send it to that I really couldn't!

I think I have only experienced it one or two times since, so it is not a real common thing -- of course, come to think of it I don't really abandon a whole lot of hatchies, either, except when trying to help clear an AP wall. As I understand it they are more likely to want to stay if you have raised them on your scroll.

Share this post


Link to post

So I took a long hiatus probably around 2013. I was browsing someone's scroll that has alt sweetlings and I noticed that not only did they have alts, they had the regular pink one, and it was a CB grabbed from the Cave in 2020! Can you now purchase old holiday dragons in the market?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, KRABBIT said:

So I took a long hiatus probably around 2013. I was browsing someone's scroll that has alt sweetlings and I noticed that not only did they have alts, they had the regular pink one, and it was a CB grabbed from the Cave in 2020! Can you now purchase old holiday dragons in the market?

No, but there is a holiday biome in the cave now for each holiday, where people can grab past holiday dragons that they missed. There is still a limit of 2 CBs for both Christmas and Valentines, but Halloweens are unlimited so you can keep grabbing more of those to your heart's content.

Share this post


Link to post