Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

6 hours ago, Moonlightelf said:

I'm looking to redo my signature, but I can't seem to find the maximum dimensions of the signature field mentioned anywhere. I know there used to be this information somewhere, but it's gone apparently. Checked also the F.A.Q. thread in Help section, but it mentions nothing about the subject (and link in that thread is also very broken). Would anyone happen to remember/know what the maximum pixel dimensions are?

Inspect Element says maximum height is 250 px :) Width depends on one's display I guess... :unsure: 

And yup, I also can't find it stated officially anywhere.

Since the big forum upgrade, that information is gone. At least there is also no character limit anymore either.

Well, the bug for the raffle counter is still here.  I had two bred dragons grow up on the 30th and only got count for one.  85Piv K5Sse Unless for some reason a drake isn't a dragon...:unsure:

Last month they had to be wyverns. I remember this in particular, as I suddenly remembered I have a lineage with GWs in that needed some, so was not as peeved as I might have been.

Thank you all for answers, especially @Tears in Rain for pointing out the Inspect Element. Makes me wonder how I didn't think of that ^^' Oh well, not everyday thing I take.

My favorite pair of dragons won't give me an egg anymore. The last 2 times I got the message that they don't really show much interest in each other, even though I have bred them successfully before. What is the suggested remedy? I always use fertility. Should I find different mates for them or is there a secret trick or something else that can be done?

Sometimes it's a good idea togive them a few weeks off. Dragons sometimes seem to grow wary if bred too much

25 minutes ago, Herk said:

Sometimes it's a good idea togive them a few weeks off. Dragons sometimes seem to grow wary if bred too much

Thanks. I have been trying every week. I will give them a little rest.

TJ even said it was smart to do that, once.

15 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

TJ even said it was smart to do that, once.

Well what I actually said is that the success chance goes up a bit based on how long the individual dragons haven't bred for. It's a nice little bump, but probably very far from an "optimal" strategy.

One breeding at higher success chance is probably less likely to give you at least one egg than two breedings at normal chance, though (because it's two chances).

this a forum question - can i delete a picture i've uploaded as an attachment?

Is there a limit on how many individual dragons a group can contain? Or the number that can be added at a given time?

(And is there a page on groups under Help or the wiki? I'm not finding anything but I'm a bit sleepy-brained at the mo.)

18 minutes ago, schmupti said:

Is there a limit on how many individual dragons a group can contain? Or the number that can be added at a given time?

(And is there a page on groups under Help or the wiki? I'm not finding anything but I'm a bit sleepy-brained at the mo.)

Considering that littleblackdog has a group of over 5000 chickens I don't think there is a limit on how many a group can contain. I don't know how many can be added at one time, but I'm sure when I created my Split group I just highlighted one dragon and then checked off the "same breed" option to add all dragons of that breed. I had over 1000 Splits and it was able to add them all. So I doubt there is a limit for that, either.

As far as I know there is no page anywhere about groups.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, trystan said:

this a forum question - can i delete a picture i've uploaded as an attachment?

Yes, in the post you uploaded it to there should be a trash can button, or you can click the drop-down arrow beside your username to access the attachment management link if you don't know where you uploaded it: https://forums.dragcave.net/attachments/

Edited by Shadowdrake

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes, in the post you uploaded it to there should be a trash can button, or you can click the drop-down arrow beside your username to access the attachment management link if you don't know where you uploaded it: https://forums.dragcave.net/attachments/

Ooh. Never knew about the quota and list. Thanks for that!

8 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

thank you!  you learn something new every day. :) 

Posted (edited)

Is anyone else experiencing extreme lag on the site? It seems to lag at the time of each 5 minute shuffle. If I refresh just at the time the clock turns over it can take up to 20 seconds for the page to load. Needless to say by then all the desirable eggs that are showing at that point have already been grabbed. It is not just in the cave that I am getting lag at those times, though. I find it happening for any scroll action that corresponds to those shuffle times as well. This has been happening for at least two or three days now.

Edited by purplehaze

Just now, purplehaze said:

Is anyone else experiencing extreme lag on the site? It seems to lag at the time of each 5 minute shuffle. If I refresh just at the time the clock turns over it can take up to 20 seconds for the page to load. Needless to say by then all the eggs that are showing at that point have already been grabbed. It is not just in the cave that I am getting lag at those times, though. I find it happening for any scroll action that corresponds to those shuffle times as well. This has been happening for at least two or three days now.

Yep, it's been happening to me in that timespan, too. I wasn't entirely sure if it was just me, though the timing was suspicious. In my experience, curiously enough, the lag is just after the shuffle, though, not when the actual shuffle happens. There's a brief moment (maybe one or two seconds?) where you can use the site normally between the shuffle and the beginning of the lag - which suggests it might be a load issue, e.g. maybe we have more people than usual madly clicking (although I wouldn't know why there would be more all of a sudden - so perhaps it's less an organic load change and more low-grade evidence of botting? I genuinely have no idea).

1 minute ago, pinkgothic said:
5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Is anyone else experiencing extreme lag on the site? It seems to lag at the time of each 5 minute shuffle. If I refresh just at the time the clock turns over it can take up to 20 seconds for the page to load. Needless to say by then all the eggs that are showing at that point have already been grabbed. It is not just in the cave that I am getting lag at those times, though. I find it happening for any scroll action that corresponds to those shuffle times as well. This has been happening for at least two or three days now.

Yep, it's been happening to me in that timespan, too. I wasn't entirely sure if it was just me, though the timing was suspicious. In my experience, curiously enough, the lag is just after the shuffle, though, not when the actual shuffle happens. There's a brief moment (maybe one or two seconds?) where you can use the site normally between the shuffle and the beginning of the lag - which suggests it might be a load issue, e.g. maybe we have more people than usual madly clicking (although I wouldn't know why there would be more all of a sudden - so perhaps it's less an organic load change and more low-grade evidence of botting? I genuinely have no idea).

i also noticed a lag, i seem to notice more it the most on the :00, :15, :30, and :45 refreshes.

and i had the same thought pinkgothic did - more people on the site.

2 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Actually you are right. If I'm quick, I get in one refresh before the lag. The number of people on the site or in the biomes does not seem to be unusually high. It was not this bad in the first day or so of the new release when I would have expected some lag.

I'm getting exactly the same.

Well, I guess I'm glad it isn't just me, but it probably also means there is nothing we can do about it, except complain.

Me, too! I thought it was the network on my phone at first but it's been consistently happening for days now, on three different networks.

just wondering, is there a specific time frame before hatchlings gender/grow wings? 

@Arithmophobia17 Nope. The hatchling can gender at any time, given enough views, I think. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.