Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is anyone else having trouble getting cave pages to load?

Me too, cant load anything, or say there is a problem. Before 1 hour everything was fine.

Edit now everything is back to normal, looks like, t was a temporary server problem. 

Edited by Alesita

And it's back...sort of.

Edited by Imzadi

What does “LF” mean? I’ve been seeing it a lot in trades and at first, I thought it meant “lineage-free”. But, now I see it with lineage eggs, so I’m guessing that’s wrong.

Looking For

29 minutes ago, Solaries said:

What does “LF” mean? I’ve been seeing it a lot in trades and at first, I thought it meant “lineage-free”. But, now I see it with lineage eggs, so I’m guessing that’s wrong.

ninja'd by confused cat :D

Edited by Herk

the HUB is set up so we can trade what we have ..

is there anything set up so we can ask for what we want ..like a  LOOKING FOR site   

and we can negotiate for a trade with respondents ?     like my search for a cb lunar bronze  ( my computer crashed during hunting time )

@orphaned

There's the Wishlist thread. And bronze Lunars will be back in about 7 and a half days, which is not too long.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@orphaned

There's the Wishlist thread. And bronze Lunars will be back in about 7 and a half days, which is not too long.

oh ..thank you for that

it's just this funny thing I like do  >>> a lunar a day   :P   am usually successful ... even with new releases

but THIS time >>> 2 of the LH biomes had new releases      yikes   :wacko:

so 3 of the 4 will have to do til next time   sigh  ( may make up the shortfall then  ;) )

2 hours ago, orphaned said:

a lunar a day

There's a bronze Lunar in the hub now. Wants a blue egg. Good luck!

10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

There's a bronze Lunar in the hub now. Wants a blue egg. Good luck!

thank you ...  that is so kind

did just get the desert bronze from there  .. maybe I can do a double ... I do love my lunars  :wub:

In the trading hub (not necessarily having access to the forums), if a rare egg such as an unbreedable was being offered, would asking for 8 eggs/hatchies be considered too much? I’m aware that only 4 items can be offered in one trade and asking for 8 will require two trades in the hub.

1 hour ago, Solaries said:

In the trading hub (not necessarily having access to the forums), if a rare egg such as an unbreedable was being offered, would asking for 8 eggs/hatchies be considered too much? I’m aware that only 4 items can be offered in one trade and asking for 8 will require two trades in the hub.

Personally I very much don't think an unbreedable would be worth 8 other dragons, they aren't *that* rare in the caves, more on the uncommon side of rare.  

Regardless, I assume it'd be complicated and risky. How would you get that second trade if you aren't communicating over the forums? Unless you know each other and already have contact info like email or something, there'd be no way to actually communicate to set up the second trade. There is also the risk that the person will offer the 4, you accept, they have the rare, and then disappear and never give the second trade. Even if you attempt to do the trades at the same time and note in the text-box that the 2nd trade is connected to the first, it still might be tricky to actually get someone to offer on both trades at once. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

2 hours ago, Solaries said:

This isn't permitted in the hub - this is considered an IOU since it exceeds what is possible to offer via teleport.

@HeatherMarie - Thanks for the explanation. I just wanted to be sure on the terms of how “rare” is rare. Now, I understand Unbreedables aren’t as rare as they used to be. It’s good to know these things, lol.

@Kaini - It’s better to ask than not. Thanks.

I can't remember; I never cared until zombie fever started - does it count as a KILL if you bite and get a vampire, or only if the egg dies ?

13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can't remember; I never cared until zombie fever started - does it count as a KILL if you bite and get a vampire, or only if the egg dies ?

Only if the egg dies.

Great - thanks. (I don't need vamps but someone else does, so I went on a bit of a binge !)

speaking of vamps - wishful thinking on my part, i think.  there's no BSA, or combo of them, that makes an egg more likely to turn into a vamp when bitten (as opposed to being killed), and then less of a chance of being repulsed?  the net result would be a higher chance of being vamped and staying on your scroll.

i'm going for wishful thinking.  or Unreasonable Demand? XD 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

speaking of vamps - wishful thinking on my part, i think.  there's no BSA, or combo of them, that makes an egg more likely to turn into a vamp when bitten (as opposed to being killed), and then less of a chance of being repulsed?  the net result would be a higher chance of being vamped and staying on your scroll.

i'm going for wishful thinking.  or Unreasonable Demand? XD 

One or the other/ ;) Not a thing.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

One or the other/ ;) Not a thing.

well.... it should be a thing. *pouts* XD 

I need name suggestions for my female Ash Dragon and my male Stratos Dragon (both just grew up).  My main convention is to use names that have to do with royalty or Empires, have the breed's main personality and/or physical traits, and maybe end in "Draco" or "Wyvern" depending on what seems to fit.  You can look at my scroll for examples.  But I'm drawing a blank for these two.  Any suggestions?

Edit: Suggestions for a better naming convention and better names, if possible, would be great too.  Though some of my dragons have Japanese names (I'm into anime, manga and light novels but since I don't know much Japanese myself I had to look up words and meanings).  If I try to go with more Japanese names I'd also need help from someone who knows Japanese.

Edit2: Okay, I got pretty good ideas from someone on the Dragon Cave Discord already.

Edited by Shinryuumaru

@Shinryuumaru How about something with "Ketchum" for the Ash? (Stupid Pokémon reference, I know.) I think something from Avatar - the last airbender might work, if you use the royal house of the fire nation.

I just did a quick test breeding with Crystallines (auto-abandoned) and -- got a Pink egg.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/bdZO2

This (namely, getting a non-new release egg pretty much right after the new dragons have grown up) has never happened to me with a new breed before.

Is it happening to others, too, or is it just amazing coincidence?