Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope.

Randomly getting a Pink from Aria is just for backwards compatibility with old lineages from back when Arias (Old Bright Pinks) bred *only* BSA Pinks. They never did that the other way round, so Arias didn't receive that ability after their re-introduction & namechange.

Aww.. ok, thanks so much for the reply! :) 

On Google Chrome mobile, an update added a little toolbar to the bottom of the screen. It blocks the last line of eggs in the AP. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do about this (besides switching apps, or using the desktop view and making everything tiny)? Is there a way to remove or relocate this toolbar? I'm bad at this kind of thing. 

@Fuzzbucket thanks!

@TJ09 thank you, I'll try that!

Edited by Toyo

I use Opera mini on my Android. I hate Chrome.

11 hours ago, Toyo said:

On Google Chrome mobile, an update added a little toolbar to the bottom of the screen. It blocks the last line of eggs in the AP. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do about this (besides switching apps, or using the desktop view and making everything tiny)? Is there a way to remove or relocate this toolbar? I'm bad at this kind of thing. 

@Fuzzbucket thanks!

According to this, it looks like you can navigate to "chrome://flags" and disable the feature labeled "Chrome Duet." Note that Chrome flags tend to not stick around long term, and if Google decides to roll this out to 100% of people it's going to happen.

As an alternative, if you add Dragon Cave to your home screen as a web app, both the URL bar and the bottom bar are hidden when using the web app.

When breeding holiday dragons with another holiday, do they always refuse outside of holiday breeding time? I had very kind people help me breed a few dragons for a lineage next year and I just test bred them to see if they were compatible and they all refused, so now I have to re-find mates for next year.

Is this supposed to happen or was I just very unlucky?

7 minutes ago, water_angel said:

When breeding holiday dragons with another holiday, do they always refuse outside of holiday breeding time? I had very kind people help me breed a few dragons for a lineage next year and I just test bred them to see if they were compatible and they all refused, so now I have to re-find mates for next year.

Is this supposed to happen or was I just very unlucky?

Yes, outside of the holiday, holiday x holiday dragons will always refuse. There isn't exactly any other outcome, since they cannot produce an egg...

On the flipside, holidays never refuse during their breeding seasons, even if they've refused before, so all that was lost by your tests was time.

wonderful, thank you both!

I made the assumption that they would have no interest outside of breeding season.

Edited by water_angel

On 3/6/2020 at 12:26 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Depends on the common, really. Newer breeds will almost always win over hybrids (since there haven't been any new hybrids for over 2 years).

Sample of a Hellhorse: https://dragcave.net/progeny/Winya

Just saw this; thanks for showing me an example. I guess it does happen, but hybrids win most of the time. I’m going to rethink my lineage project again, lol.

Is anyone else having trouble reaching the main dragcave.net site? I checked down and it seems the site is down. 

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/dragcave.net

ETA: I noticed it when trying to breed a pair. When I try to breed them, I get a long hesitation and then nothing. The site seems to be randomly up and down for me at the moment.

Edited by missy_

1 minute ago, missy_ said:

Is anyone else having trouble reaching the main dragcave.net site? I checked down and it seems the site is down. 

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/dragcave.net

I just posted a topic regarding the severe lag and errors I've been getting. 

my scroll is displaying, and i'm locked. but i tried to pick an egg from the cave as well as the AP and got the correct "too many eggs page".... so that part of the Cave is working at least....

Today was the first time I've ever seen a Troll posting on DC. As soon as it was reported, it was kicked and its trading offers removed.  Thanks to what ever Mod took care of it.  What a great bunch of mods they are!  :wub:

Anyone else getting a lot of lag in the cave today? No error messages, yet, this time, but extended loading times.

I'm experiencing a good amount of lag too, purplehaze. I actually just came here to post about it.

Just came here to see if anyone else was having it! I just woke up and was unsure if it had been noticed by anyone else (or if the lag was something on my side). 

edit for specific information: Just took 19 seconds to load an egg's view page from the links page when you pick up from the AP; Took 17 seconds to refresh the AP; and 12 seconds to load the links page after clicking another AP egg. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

Could it be that there is a problem with Heartseekers (Val2012 dragons) when breeding them to Guardians of Nature?

By now I heard of three cases where breeding them resulted in a refusal despite using Fertility.

Is there really a problem or was this just bad luck?