Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, Desirai said:

the last few days none of the clicking sites that I visit seem to be working? Sylvi's lair, egg drop soup, etc. All of the icons appear as an X on all the sites, and my dragons are not getting any views on them even if I try to add them. I'm using firefox

I just went on Silvi's Lair and it's working for me.

If your scroll name is the same as your forum name, it looks like your eggs are getting views? Some are at 400ish. Can you be a little bit more specific about what you mean? Have you tried clearing your browser data or using a different browser? 

I agree with Stormwizard; that sounds like a cache issue - that it's so full it cannot load any new images. Also if that is your scroll, several of your eggs are hidden, and cannot get views anyway.

Can someone please give me the link whit the checkers Database, i wan't to add mine, and look for some mates.

Thank you @Sazandora

Edited by Alesita

my siyats are fogged on purpose but my other 2 eggs should have more views. I've deleted all cache and cookies multiple times. all the click sites look like this

sfsdf.png

That means the site isn't loading fully - either a cache issue (you say not) or your connection is shaky. I used to get that all the time in the days I was on dial up.

just curious but why ,, as this IS the Dragon Cave .. is there no dragon icon ... colour preferably ???

please  please  please

1 minute ago, GhostMouse said:

@orphaned Do you mean on the forum? Like these two: 🐲 🐉 ?

THAT teeny tiny thing is supposed to be a dragon ?? really ?? can barely even see .. and I did check first.  :unsure:

to paraphrase Crocodile Dundee ...  THAT   is a dragon !!

6 minutes ago, orphaned said:

THAT teeny tiny thing is supposed to be a dragon ?? really ?? can barely even see .. and I did check first.  :unsure:

to paraphrase Crocodile Dundee ...  THAT   is a dragon !!

Yep. :lol: You sort of have to already know they're there. There was a thread around here somewhere on how the icons appear differently for different people (I can't remember what caused the difference, browser or OS or something) but I can't find it. They look more dragon-y on my phone than on my computer, for whatever reason. 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Aha! I think it was this discussion, you can see some of the differences here.

Edited by GhostMouse

13 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Yep. :lol: You sort of have to already know they're there. There was a thread around here somewhere on how the icons appear differently for different people (I can't remember what caused the difference, browser or OS or something) but I can't find it. They look more dragon-y on my phone than on my computer, for whatever reason. 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Aha! I think it was this discussion, you can see some of the differences here.

okay ..good to know, shall check that out   TY

BUT SERIOUSLY .. as this is DC >>> they should be in colour and there for all to see, like our dragon love  :wub:

Those emoticons depend on your device's default emoji font. If you're on PC, there's usually a way to replace the default font with something that has what you like, but there's always a chance you might break something else's display by doing so, because there is sadly no *complete* font for everything, due to font file restrictions.

6 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

Yes - emojis (as opposed to emoticons) look different on different OSs. It is why I never use them - I have no control over what the other person sees. If I post a smile, I mean :)  , NOT 97DE3E27-2BA3-47DE-AA58-3C911845B3DF.png or, worse, smiling-face-with-open-mouth_1f603.png

6 hours ago, orphaned said:

okay ..good to know, shall check that out   TY

BUT SERIOUSLY .. as this is DC >>> they should be in colour and there for all to see, like our dragon love  :wub:

As long as the dragon is a sensible size, and appears the same to everyone...

22287-dragon-icon.png.f9def1571f13479e6ac61e53f04cb143.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Am I correct to assume that Xenowyrm dragons can lay an egg of any of the Xeno variations? It is random?

9 minutes ago, painless_j said:

Am I correct to assume that Xenowyrm dragons can lay an egg of any of the Xeno variations? It is random?

From the wiki:

Breeding patterns have been confirmed by Birdzgoboom, being based on biomes, and are as follows:

Situation 1: Xeno x Non-Xeno (regular biome):
Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation
Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed
Outcome 3: you get the Xeno corresponding to the Non-Xeno's biome

Situation 2: Xeno x Non-Xeno (Cave):
Outcome 1: the Xeno breeds its same variation
Outcome 2: you get an egg from the Non-Xeno breed
Outcome 3: you get a random egg from the other 5 Xeno variations

Situation 3: Xeno x Xeno:
Outcome 1: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent A
Outcome 2: They have a chance to breed the Xeno variation from parent B
Outcome 3: They have a smaller chance to breed one of the other 4 (or 5 if both parents are the same variation) Xeno variations.

14 minutes ago, painless_j said:

Yes. And mostly yes.

There seems to be a priority (aka higher chance) for the parent Xeno's type if the other parent is NOT caveborn.

If the other parent is caveborn (and not a Xeno itself), its biome gives priority to THAT biome's Xeno type.

If you breed a Pyro (Volcano) with a White from the Desert, you will likely get a Mageia.

edit: seems I was a bit slow, and slightly off with the chances. @purplehaze That list is kind of missing the non-caveborn option.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Thank you for the answers! Wow, apparently it's more complicated than I thought. Gonna check the biomes of potential mates now. And I foresee lots of attempts to breed the variation I want :)

47 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Hoe exactly purple dragons help in breeding?=)

Their "Fertility" action can be used on a dragon that you want to breed. (You only have to use it on one dragon of the pair. For example if you want to get an egg from a male Silver and a female Magi, you can use Fertility on the Silver or on the Magi, it doesn't matter which one.)

It helps in two ways:

1. Better chance to get an egg. (It does not influence WHICH egg you get. And sometimes you still get no egg at all, it just makes the chances a bit better.)

2. (This is only for when you breed the pair for the first time.) Lower chance for the dragons to refuse each other. When two dragons "refuse to even go near each other", this pair will NEVER breed. Fertility makes this less likely to happen. So if you really want to breed two specific dragons to each other, you should use Fertility on one of them before you try to breed them for the first time.

Someone probably already asked this (or maybe I did a long time ago?!), but I dunno where to find the answer. I know you can get a bsa pink from a cb Aria paired with another dragon, but can you get an Aria from a cb bsa pink paired with another dragon?

Edited by priscel

3 hours ago, priscel said:

but can you get an Aria from a cb bsa pink paired with another dragon?

Nope.

Randomly getting a Pink from Aria is just for backwards compatibility with old lineages from back when Arias (Old Bright Pinks) bred *only* BSA Pinks. They never did that the other way round, so Arias didn't receive that ability after their re-introduction & namechange.