Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

Hey breeders, do Thuwed Lihnseyre dragons exist? =3

TJ's single adult Lihnseyre dragon appears to have no children.

There could be Lihnseyre Thuweds out there, though, if someone has bred another Thuwed to a Lihnseyre.

What is the earliest point at which an egg can start hatching or a hatchling can mature to S2?

I had previously been under the impression that the threshold is 4 days flat, but I've seen hatchlings mature before that, even some of my own, one as early as having over 5 days remaining (though this hatchling in question belonged to TJ). So saying that you get enough views/clicks, how early can this happen?

10 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

What is the earliest point at which an egg can start hatching or a hatchling can mature to S2?

I had previously been under the impression that the threshold is 4 days flat, but I've seen hatchlings mature before that, even some of my own, one as early as having over 5 days remaining (though this hatchling in question belonged to TJ). So saying that you get enough views/clicks, how early can this happen?

I want to say I saw they can mature at 5 days 18 hours left, but I'm not sure. Can someone confirm?

6 hours ago, subwoofer said:

It depends on what you mean by maturing. Some people mean it as "growing into adulthood", which they can only do once they hit 4 days. Some mean "to gender", which can happen literally any time after hatching as long as it has enough views, though the usual is between 5 and 6 days of age. I have seen some gender mere hours after hatching when a hatchery was unable to remove freshly hatched dragons from the ER.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Is it just me or is the cave (and the loading of dragon images in hatcheries) terribly slow right now?

Edit:

Oh, hey, complaining worked, it's normal again. :lol:

Edited by Confused Cat

I'm constantly getting "the forums are under heavy load, try again later....."

Can you determine the colour of a neb hatchie by sorting? When I sort by breed the adults dont seem to be grouped by colour but are random, when I sort by colour the hatchling is at the top alone XD 

In breed sort the adult Nebulas sort with all the blue/purple ones together and all the orange/green ones together. The hatchies sort with whichever group they will belong to.

Is anyone having trouble with the messages staying up?  Every time I click on messages, the screen comes up for a second then it closes. 

Edit - It's working fine now.  It must have been a glitch.    

Edited by Classycal

On 2/26/2020 at 12:21 PM, purplehaze said:

In breed sort the adult Nebulas sort with all the blue/purple ones together and all the orange/green ones together. The hatchies sort with whichever group they will belong to.

Well boo.

I was so pleased when I read this, as my hatchie sorted with the greens and reds. BUT

https://dragcave.net/lineage/daJN8

(I'll get over it !) Does it only work if you ACTUALLY sort by breed, and not when you use the temporary breed sort, maybe ? Or do they all go at the BOTTOM, rather than the top of their colour group ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well boo.

I was so pleased when I read this, as my hatchie sorted with the greens and reds. BUT

https://dragcave.net/lineage/daJN8

(I'll get over it !) Does it only work if you ACTUALLY sort by breed, and not when you use the temporary breed sort, maybe ? Or do they all go at the BOTTOM, rather than the top of their colour group ?

It has always worked for me. I haven't had need of it for awhile, but it may be that they sort at the bottom of the color group they belong to. I can't remember now. Where does it sort now that it has gendered? Did it change?

Edited by purplehaze

37 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It has always worked for me. I haven't had need of it for awhile, but it may be that they sort at the bottom of the color group they belong to. I can't remember now. Where does it sort now that it has gendered? Did it change?

It does indeed sort at the END - frozen hatchies save me from that mistake all the time  @Fuzzbucket

2 minutes ago, Herk said:

It does indeed sort at the END - frozen hatchies save me from that mistake all the time  @Fuzzbucket

Thanks for the confirmation, Herk!

Rats. Not that it makes a difference of course - just went pearshaped, but it would have done no matter what.

3 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

What is subscription to a thread/How it works?Will it spam my email address in any way?=)

It's a way to get notifications about a thread. :) It doesn't necessarily have to generate an email. You can customise your options and decide whether you want a notification on the forum and/or an email sent. The notification settings are here.

Just now, Ardath Rekha said:

The site is suddenly unavailable for maintenance, a full three hours earlier than usual. Is this odd?

It's back now, but I did think it odd.

Where does the Red-Tailed Wyrm sort with the rainbow sort?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Classycal said:

Where does the Red-Tailed Wyrm sort with the rainbow sort?  Thanks.

Between Autumns and Kohrakis; kind of at the beginning of the spectrum red-orange-brown.

Edited by Orchi'dea

Thanks.

Okay, what is a Kohrakis?  I can't find it on the wiki.  

Edited by Classycal

Thanks.  I must have scrolled too fast thru the wiki.

the last few days none of the clicking sites that I visit seem to be working? Sylvi's lair, egg drop soup, etc. All of the icons appear as an X on all the sites, and my dragons are not getting any views on them even if I try to add them. I'm using firefox