Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

How do you guys go about completing the encyclopedia? Breed and grow like crazy, go through scrolls? 

Share this post


Link to post

And go through hatcheries. And use the encyclopaedia helpers thread 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Is it possible for regular eggs to hatch behind a holiday wall? There's a Thuwed egg I've been watching and suddenly the views went up and it hatched. But I haven't seen any regular eggs in the ar. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes - holiday eggs take absolute priority and show at the top.

Share this post


Link to post

How are people watching for Thuwed eggs? I saw TJ mention a thread in his most recent Ask-A-Mod answer but I'm not sure what thread that is? I searched but only found what seems to be a thread for users breeding/offering their own Thuweds. What am I missing? (I suppose I could constantly check the Thuwed page but I know I would never remember to keep up with that.)

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

(I suppose I could constantly check the Thuwed page but I know I would never remember to keep up with that.)

 

But that is exactly how you do it. Check the progeny page of the pair that interests you and watch any eggs' timers. With their codes, you can also use some hatcheries (Silvi's, ValleySherwood) to make them hatch.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

 

But that is exactly how you do it. Check the progeny page of the pair that interests you and watch any eggs' timers. With their codes, you can also use some hatcheries (Silvi's, ValleySherwood) to make them hatch.


Welp, guess I've gotta set myself a reminder. Is there a point to making them hatch in the AP? Other than saving them from behind a holiday-egg wall?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:


Welp, guess I've gotta set myself a reminder. Is there a point to making them hatch in the AP? Other than saving them from behind a holiday-egg wall?

If it's not that, it's probably just spite.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

With their codes, you can also use some hatcheries (Silvi's, ValleySherwood) to make them hatch.

 

Is that how people are catching them in the AP? I’ve been waiting until the holiday wall is gone, but I guess that’s no longer an option. When people hatch Thuwed eggs—or any egg—does that mean the hatchie will automatically pop up in-between the current AP wall? Also, is that within the rules to place eggs in hatcheries that have been sent to the AP and they’re not on our scroll yet?

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Is that how people are catching them in the AP?

No, none of the thuweds have been caught yet. They've been hatched but are still in the AP.

 

21 minutes ago, Solaries said:

When people hatch Thuwed eggs—or any egg—does that mean the hatchie will automatically pop up in-between the current AP wall?

Hatchies follow the same queue as eggs. What this means is since they're freshly hatched, they'll now be at 7 days and go back to the end of the AP queue where fresh eggs usually go. So several more days of waiting if you want regular Thuweds, or waiting until the hatchie wall comes for the current Valentine Thuweds.

 

22 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Also, is that within the rules to place eggs in hatcheries that have been sent to the AP and they’re not on our scroll yet?

Ehhh you'd have to ask TJ that. Probably not, but like normal viewbombing there's no way to stop people from doing it and no way to know who's the culprit.

Share this post


Link to post

so i knew this would happen.... two of my eggs are sick.  they've been removed from hatcheries and fogged.  do we know how long it'll actually take until they're no longer sick? is the time based on the views ratio (the more views, the longer it takes?)  wow i sound like a newbie...

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, trystan said:

so i knew this would happen.... two of my eggs are sick.  they've been removed from hatcheries and fogged.  do we know how long it'll actually take until they're no longer sick? is the time based on the views ratio (the more views, the longer it takes?)  wow i sound like a newbie...

There is no set time when they stop being sick. How long they're sick depends on 1) how many views they have and 2) how old they are. Unfortunately we don't have many stats on sickness, so it's just a matter of ward, hide and wait for it to get old enough to stop being sick (or die).

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, trystan said:

so i knew this would happen.... two of my eggs are sick.  they've been removed from hatcheries and fogged.  do we know how long it'll actually take until they're no longer sick? is the time based on the views ratio (the more views, the longer it takes?)  wow i sound like a newbie...

 

If I have something sick., I fog it for a MINIMUM of 24 hours. Just because it stops begin sick doesn't mean it's all better - if you unfog at once, it will usually get sick again at once.

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

it's just a matter of ward, hide and wait for it to get old enough to stop being sick (or die).

completely agree.  *goes off to locate my white dragons....

 

  

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If I have something sick., I fog it for a MINIMUM of 24 hours. Just because it stops begin sick doesn't mean it's all better - if you unfog at once, it will usually get sick again at once.

oh yes, i agree about the 24 hours.  probably once i do unfog them, they'll hatch right away, and i might want to fog them again for another day, just to be sure they're safe.

 

thanks Shadowdrake and Fuzzbucket!! :D 

Share this post


Link to post

@Shadowdrake - Thank you for answering all my questions! I had assumed when I saw the hatchies, someone caught them already. But, there’s still hope! lol.

Share this post


Link to post

It seems I remember a way to see the codes of all your named dragons without individually clicking on them.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Classycal said:

It seems I remember a way to see the codes of all your named dragons without individually clicking on them.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Depending on your browser you may just be able to mouse over the dragon image in scroll view and see its code. That works for me in Firefox.

I used to be able to see codes for the whole page by turning images off, but now that doesn't work for me in Firefox. The code is not visible although I can still mouse over the empty spot and see the code, which I can do anyway without turning off images.

 

Edited by purplehaze

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Depending on your browser you may just be able to mouse over the dragon image in scroll view and see its code. That works for me in Firefox.

 

 

Same in Google Chrome.

Just put the mouse on the dragon, and down in the left corner of the page, you see the view link and code of the dragon. 

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks to both of you.  Unfortunately, I'm dealing with an android tablet.  

Share this post


Link to post

@Classycal - i have an android phone.  i'm not sure if this is what you're after but what i did to see the code in my phone's browser was to tap and hold on the dragon for a moment, and a menu pops up with the link, which shows you the code (along with other options like opening the link in a new tab and such)

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I can do that.  Thanks trystan.  

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps a silly question, but it did pop into my head and I'm curious. 

 

I know there is a way to get eggs to have a certain sex, but is there a natural sex bias for some species? I know some can only have a specific sex, but on dragons that can have both, it's a 50/50 chance each time for all dragons or does that vary? Is it part of the ratio balancing system - more female than male dragons of a certain breed, so a male is more likely?

 

I can understand if nobody knows, but I'm curious to know about it if we do.

Share this post


Link to post

As far as we know there is no bias by breed. Some scrolls seem to have a tendency for a specific gender if you don't influence but to be honest even that evens out pretty much for large scrolls, so I'd say it's perfectly random (except of course for the one-gender-only holiday breeds).

Share this post


Link to post

Is there anybody else having trouble getting encyclopedia views for the new Erador dragon? I usually use Daily Dragon Fix and I’ve also clicked on sites like Valley Sherwood and others. Tried going directly to people’s scrolls and clicking. My clicks don’t seem to be registering regardless of where I view the dragons. I am using the “view“ mode. Isn’t that the correct mode? Not sure why it is only counting my own dragons and no other viewed hatchlings or adults. I even tried switching to lineage view, but it made no difference.

 

The encyclopedia has me with eggs observed three, hatchlings observed two, adults observed four. I have definitely observed more than this number. 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.