Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@DarkellaLord @DragonLady86 As long as it isn't for profit, it's perfectly fine to draw art of any dragon.

On 5/15/2009 at 7:32 PM, Kila said:

The Derivative fan art category has been removed: You are free to create non-commercial derivative fan art(drawings of, plushies, etc.) for dragons that are in-cave. Spriter's Alts are an exception - you should still ask or check the 'Special' category. Some artists may also ask to keep fan art PG-13 or have other requests in the 'Special' category.

What happened to this breeding plans thread? Do some of them get shut down after a while? I think there should be more threads like that to help those of us who are stuck deciding on a mate, especially for holiday dragons.

I don't know i only get this when i try that link which you posted Spiteful_Crow i only get this:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/O

I went ahead and asked around on discord and in general lineage advice. At first i also tried to locate a thread about specific dragons or did i only thought about a general Valentine Dragons thread? Anyway, i will edit this thread and link a post when i started to ask about a few Valentine breeds and breeding ideas.

Edit to add:

Here is the link to Lineage Advice and the starting point about the discussion for a few Valentine breeds.

Edited by Tigerkralle

I really don't know why that thread would have been closed and hidden. It appears (from the address) to have been a pretty standard thread that is opened for just about every new breed that comes out. Maybe a mod can shed some light. @Kaini???

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I really don't know why that thread would have been closed and hidden. It appears (from the address) to have been a pretty standard thread that is opened for just about every new breed that comes out. Maybe a mod can shed some light. @Kaini???

It seems the OP deleted it, it wasn't a moderation decision. Since the first post was deleted (or hidden, rather), the whole thread went kaput.

Someone is free to make another, it was for Sakuhanas I believe.

Edited by Kaini

Thanks for the quick answer. I think I have my pairs set, but maybe some of the others who have been asking can start another thread.

Does the Halloween (Crikey, I meant Valentines LOL)  breeding start at midnight cave time tonight? 💘

Edited by StormBirdRising
because

I believe so. :)

edit: I totally missed that you wrote Halloween instead of Valentines. XD

Edited by Terces

4 minutes ago, Terces said:

I believe so. :)

edit: I totally missed that you wrote Halloween instead of Valentines. XD

Haha. I missed it too. LOL. I am such an idiot sometimes. I meant Valentines. 😂

Vday (err Vday breeding season, not the actual holiday) is indeed here! Yaaaay.

Edited by Terces

I saw a really neat name generator for Dragon Cave but now I can't find it.  Can someone give me the link?

10 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

I went ahead and asked around on discord and in general lineage advice. At first i also tried to locate a thread about specific dragons or did i only thought about a general Valentine Dragons thread? Anyway, i will edit this thread and link a post when i started to ask about a few Valentine breeds and breeding ideas.

Edit to add:

Here is the link to Lineage Advice and the starting point about the discussion for a few Valentine breeds.

Thanks for trying to help, but I did find that thread earlier and it wasn't quite what I wanted, since I was looking for lineage advice for just one specific dragon.

9 hours ago, Kaini said:

It seems the OP deleted it, it wasn't a moderation decision. Since the first post was deleted (or hidden, rather), the whole thread went kaput.

Someone is free to make another, it was for Sakuhanas I believe.

Okay, that makes sense. I think I figured out what I wanted to breed mine with now, but it would be nice if someone could make a new thread. Or, since that hidden thread's link is still posted in the previous Valentine (2019) thread, could it just be unhidden/restored?

If the OP of that thread doesn't want to be in charge anymore or wanted their post gone for whatever other reason, couldn't it be altered or removed while still preserving the other posts? It's unfortunate that one person can kill an entire thread that way, unless there's a really good reason for it.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No.  It was a different one that was specific to DC.  The one I'm looking for is based on the code of the Dragon.  You put the code in and it will give you names based on that code.  

Edited by Classycal

Ty! That's it.  

Edited by Classycal

I was wondering since we can now catch all CB holidays each year, does this mean that we could release our current ones and catch new CBs of the same breed and expand the breed pool? Have people already been doing this?  It would definitely make holiday projects easier.

You could if you wanted to, yes. BUT - leave a space; it seems to me that someone who was doing that over Christmas found that their scroll limit took a little while to update. So CHECK IT FIRST !

26 minutes ago, Mochi said:

I was wondering since we can now catch all CB holidays each year, does this mean that we could release our current ones and catch new CBs of the same breed and expand the breed pool? Have people already been doing this?  It would definitely make holiday projects easier.

I released a frozen hatchling I got in '09 so I could grab another egg to use for breeding. My scroll did update right away and I got the egg, but like Fuzz said, better to double-check before going hunting. 

Has anyone seen any Floral Crowned or Sakahana's in the cave?  I haven't seen a one.  

4 hours ago, Classycal said:

Has anyone seen any Floral Crowned or Sakahana's in the cave?  I haven't seen a one.  

I caught a Floral Crowned yesterday but have not seen a Sakahana yet. 

9 hours ago, Classycal said:

I have seen a fair number of both. I have only caught one or two and kept none because they weren't pairings that I liked.