Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I am getting a shedload from the Z project. Have you checked your spam ?

I don't get email notifications for forum posts -- I am talking about the on-forum notifications (the little bell at the top right of the page).

The only thing I get email notifications for are PMs and those work just fine as well as the on-forum notification.

22 hours ago, Mochi said:

Not really sure where to ask this but does anyone know the gender ratios for CB Prizes? Like are there more males or females floating around? Both generally (for all prizes), the ratio for shimmers, tinsels, and then each type?

(me trying to plan for when i hopefully win the raffle sometime in the next 10 years X'D)

Male/female is probably close to 50/50 over-all. Specific combos might not be balanced, but they been around long enough I would assume it's fairly close.

Shimmer to tinsel CBs are exactly half and half. (When shimmers were first released we got as many as the previous two years tinsel to catch them up, and every time after the same number of each has went out.)

Gold < Silver < Bronze. When we knew the numbers it was 5 gold each, 10 silver each, 15 bronze each. As numbers released now are based on how many entries that month, we no longer know the exact numbers but I would assume about the same is still true.

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Male/female is probably close to 50/50 over-all. Specific combos might not be balanced, but they been around long enough I would assume it's fairly close.

Shimmer to tinsel CBs are exactly half and half. (When shimmers were first released we got as many as the previous two years tinsel to catch them up, and every time after the same number of each has went out.)

Gold < Silver < Bronze. When we knew the numbers it was 5 gold each, 10 silver each, 15 bronze each. As numbers released now are based on how many entries that month, we no longer know the exact numbers but I would assume about the same is still true.

Mochi asked about their gender. We have no idea; we can influence them any way we like. Almost everyone I know with a CB has influenced male.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Anyone else having a problem not getting forum notifications? I am subscribed to a number of threads on the forum, but as of today I am not getting notifications from some of them. Some are still working fine, though.

The two I am sure I am NOT getting notifications from are The Z Project and How High Can You Count Before a Mod Posts. Secret Santa and Count to 1,000,000 are still working okay. I'm not sure about some of the others because no one has posted in them yet today.

Not getting Z Project, CPA, How High... and this tgread (TLQ). Maybe we need a separate help thread?

@Lagie - I just started a new thread now that I know it is not just me. You should go and post there, too.

Can someone please update me on what is now considered "egg spam" in signatures and what isn't? It was very clear when I joined DC but now I don't know what the rules are. 

Thanks! 

has all the details.

Posting your eggs/hatchlings in your signature and in specific Forum Games threads is now allowed. Posting others' dragons is not allowed.

And of course we now have two in-forum hatchery threads.

23 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Mochi asked about their gender. We have no idea; we can influence them any way we like. Almost everyone I know with a CB has influenced male.

Really?  I admit I don't pay that much attention as I don't really like the prize sprites, but I had thought it was a pretty even spread.  I know quite a few decided not to influence so they could be surprised by which they got.  And if I miss-understood the follow-up questions, well, my bad.

I thought it was pretty weird too.... But oddly enough - I am just looking through 2 gens I've been given, and...

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

has all the details.

Thank you, Fuzz! :) Learned something new today. So there is no more egg spam?  Unless I suppose one makes the thread specifically to post their own eggs which would probably be considered egg spam. 

Didn’t know about the two new gaming threads! I will have to check them out. :shades:

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

so i'm blind.... where are these threads located? thanks! :) 

update:  mischief managed - found 'em! :) 

Edited by trystan
cause i found what i was looking for

I took a look at those threads, nice idea!  I wonder if newcomers may think that they will get  enough use to grow a creature without putting it in any hatcheries.

A newbie posted in the ER thread and I am not sure they are aware that that is more of a game than a serious hatchery.

ETA:  I PM’d her after checking and realizing that she didn’t have her eggs in any of the hatcheries.  I wonder if some sort of a notice should be put up for newcomers so that people are aware that they shouldn’t primarily rely on those threads for views. 

Edited by missy_

How do you report a dragon with an offensive name?

While checking an egg's lineage I came across a name that's offensive.

1 hour ago, kiramaru7 said:

How do you report a dragon with an offensive name?

While checking an egg's lineage I came across a name that's offensive.

I'd send a PM with a link to one of the mods.

Is there a list of percentages for how frequently a certain Vampire Bite reaction will occur anywhere? I could really do with a repulse on a CB egg but I know the odds are quite low.

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

10 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Is there a list of percentages for how frequently a certain Vampire Bite reaction will occur anywhere? I could really do with a repulse on a CB egg but I know the odds are quite low.

I believe nowadays the odds are about 25% repulse, 25% stay and 50% death?

11 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

I believe nowadays the odds are about 25% repulse, 25% stay and 50% death?

Agh that's great, thank you so much!! Tbh... 25% isn't all that bad... 

4 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Agh that's great, thank you so much!! Tbh... 25% isn't all that bad... 

Well, compared to the (roughly) 25% repulse, 25% kill and 50% keep that we used to have, it's not that good, either.

Thanks for the answers! I mostly wondered for lineage purposes and if it was drastically skewed one gender then that would solve my dilemma 

I guess there's really no worrying about it until I actually get a prize, if I ever do OTL

This is a weird one but I've just noticed at the bottom of each forum page it says "recently browsing". I always assumed it was currently browsing. Does that mean that when someone is under "recently" browsing, they might not actually be on the same page as you? They could have left a minute ago?

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

I think that's exactly what it means. Although I'm not sure how long ago they left. It probably also depends on when you last refreshed the page...

Do we breed Christmas dragons on December only? Or we can breed them all the year round? Can you tell me from your experience . is it hard to get holiday dragons you've missed from previous years? There are some I really want to get, but I am confused how.