Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I’m tempted to make a trade for the new egg, but I’ve seen some people talk about a bad lag in the biomes. I’m afraid if I do make a trade, I won’t be able to catch another new egg for myself. Is the lag really that bad? If so, probably not worth it and should wait until next year, right? lol.

Sure there's lag; but why would you want to trade it ? You should manage to catch more as the day goes on - but I'd be surprised if anyone would trade anything good for an egg that can be caught easily enough today. Tomorrow, when they cannot catch more, then MAYBE - but...

Do they have to be CB ? The AP will be crawling later on ! and some people do abandon CBs to help out.

Lagging behind,. 1-2 minutes late all the time.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Do they have to be CB ? The AP will be crawling later on ! and some people do abandon CBs to help out.

I caught the CB eggs I wanted and didn’t have to trade anything. I wish I had more egg slots for the AP though! Thanks, @Fuzzbucket!

The AP will have Hallowe'eny stuff for DAYS after tonight !

I've been making zombies this Halloween, and I tried killing my 2-headed eastern adult (success) and then reviving it (success too, if we count as success that it came back alive, not zombie). So the question is: this newly revived dragon has the option in actions to be killed again. But will it have the option to be revived again if I kill it?

1 hour ago, painless_j said:

I've been making zombies this Halloween, and I tried killing my 2-headed eastern adult (success) and then reviving it (success too, if we count as success that it came back alive, not zombie). So the question is: this newly revived dragon has the option in actions to be killed again. But will it have the option to be revived again if I kill it?

It won't. Neither successfully revived adults or hatchlings will be available for a second attempt, unfortunately.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a hatchie to gender? Can you speed up the process by sticking it in a daycare? ...For example, if I have a hatchie at 7 days, will it take a certain amount of days for it to mature no matter what, or will it mature faster if it gets views?

I've been trying to look up the information online, but not even the wiki explains it clearly so I'm a little lost. ...I guess it shows my attention span when I've been on DC for 11 years and still don't know the simplest things. 🤣

EDIT: All right, thank you, purplehaze!

Edited by Beldarius

Putting them in hatcheries to get views will probably speed up the process a bit. But of course there is a limit. Too many views will only make them sick. My first new Halloweens just gendered at 5d 15h, which I think is about average for mine. I have them in several hatcheries and they have about 3200 views/1000 u views. I don't know what the exact relationship is.

Was there not a thread for starsinger breeding ideas? I realized that I hadn't made a list of pairings I'd be looking for, but I can't find the usual breeding thread here, and trying the search function brings up no results with "starsinger" in the title. o..0

18 minutes ago, Kith said:

Was there not a thread for starsinger breeding ideas? I realized that I hadn't made a list of pairings I'd be looking for, but I can't find the usual breeding thread here, and trying the search function brings up no results with "starsinger" in the title. o..0

Odd. I don't see one, either. I searched "plans" in Site Discussion and got threads for everything else, but not them. I thought they might be under Holiday 2018, but not that either.

20 minutes ago, Kith said:

I'm sure I remember posting to one but there's nothing in my post history and even manually combing through all the threads in that section back to before they were release turns up nothing so I guess I imagined that O_o

Yeah, I thought for sure that there would be one and I was just not remembering the title correctly, but when I kept using different terms and still came up empty, I got concerned.

Have the kill quotas changed? I know I had to vampire fail bites, but I have only 3 kills available. Wasn't it higher or am I remembering wrongly?

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

You have a limit of 5 kills.

with a cooldown of two weeks.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

You have a limit of 5 kills.

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

with a cooldown of two weeks.

Thank you! :) I think I may be mixing it up with freeze quotas. XD

Is there a way to know/guess which gender the Winter Holiday dragon will be? I can't tell if there's a pattern, but if possible I want to plan ahead for lineages...

Is there some sort of key to getting a dragon to gender earlier? I have dumped him in as many hatcheries as I can think of but he's being stubborn. I know I've had dragons gender above 5 days before (he's at 5 days 23 hours). What am I missing?

@Twimm Not really. I'm guessing we'll get a male breed this year because it tends to switch every two years.

Edited by The Dragoness

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Is there some sort of key to getting a dragon to gender earlier? I have dumped him in as many hatcheries as I can think of but he's being stubborn. I know I've had dragons gender above 5 days before (he's at 5 days 23 hours). What am I missing?

I don't think there is any other way to speed it up. Some dragons are just stubborn, but mine generally don't gender until they hit 5d 17h or lower. And I use lots of hatcheries!

Edited by purplehaze