Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm locked so I'll go test.... 

 

Light luminas - 26. 20 no egg. One light from sweetling; one light from Buck

 

And FIVE refusals.

 

Can I face my darks ?

 

10; no eggs and one refusal.

 

I think you are on to something ! That is VERY high for a refusal rate !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

 

Light luminas - 26. 20 no egg. One light from sweetling; one light from Buck

 

 

Thanks for testing! This disproves my "Luminas don't produce any eggs with holidays right now" suspicion. So ratios (and refusals) are being weird, or we're both having super bad luck, but it's probabably not something that is generally wrong.

Share this post


Link to post

FIVE refusals out of 26 lights, though....

Share this post


Link to post

Are white dragons not counting for this month's raffle? I know they have two elements, but light *is* one of them... 😕

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe only the 1st element counts? Guardians work for the raffle, but for them, Light is the primary element, for Whites it's secondary.

Share this post


Link to post

That's too bad, since it means I won't have time to get my third adult in before the drawing. :(

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Kith said:

That's too bad, since it means I won't have time to get my third adult in before the drawing. :(

Try to trade for a hatchling?

Share this post


Link to post

That won't be possible, I'm afraid. I'll just have to take the hit, and then not make the string of mistakes with the raffle that led to this last-minute situation again. At least I know for next time.

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 4/25/2019 at 3:58 PM, Suzumiya said:

Question about Guardians of Nature...if this is answered elsewhere, please point me! 

 

I have 3 GoNs. 1 female and 2 males. If I released a male, would I be able to try again for a second female? Or do we just get 3 summons, total, no matter what?

 

On 4/25/2019 at 4:02 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes.

I know it's been a few days already, but it's my understanding that once you summon your 3 GoNs, you cannot summon one anymore, even if you release or kill one of them. Did I get that wrong? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post

GoNs can be released to allow another Summon. This has always been the case, as far as I'm aware.

It used to be that killing a GoN would kind of have its soul eternally bound to your scroll, so you'd lose a GoN forever.

However nowadays, *supposedly*, after 2 weeks (the time a tombstone needs to disappear), you *should* be able to summon again. I'd suggest releasing though, that's also less messing with lineages.

 

On the other hand, Sinomorphs cannot be released nor killed in order to get your set of Zyus to summon again - their summoning ability will always stay marked as used, and you'll have to get another set of Zyus.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Kith said:

Are white dragons not counting for this month's raffle? I know they have two elements, but light *is* one of them... 😕

Just checked, a friend had whites count for their raffle and I believe it should be either element in encyclo should work. Perhaps make a thread asking this? This isn't the first time the raffle has bugged out.

 

6 hours ago, relaks said:

I know it's been a few days already, but it's my understanding that once you summon your 3 GoNs, you cannot summon one anymore, even if you release or kill one of them. Did I get that wrong? 🤔

You are limited to having 3 gons on your scroll, but you are not limited to getting more gons once they're, uh, gone. https://dragcave.net/help/limits They function like holidays: you can only have 2 CBs on scroll, ever, but you can replace those two CBs any time they're available.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

What are DC's Sprite dimensions? For each stage; Hatchling S1, Hatchling S2, and Adult sprites?

Edited by AislinnSi

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, AislinnSi said:

What are DC's Sprite dimensions? For each stage; Hatchling S1, Hatchling S2, and Adult sprites?

 

The best guidelines for sprite dimensions are probably here (scroll down a bit):

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Kith said:

Are white dragons not counting for this month's raffle? I know they have two elements, but light *is* one of them... 😕

 

11 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Maybe only the 1st element counts? Guardians work for the raffle, but for them, Light is the primary element, for Whites it's secondary.

 

I have verified that both primary and secondary elements on breeds count towards raffle progression.

 

It also looks like @Kith has indeed entered the raffle this month.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

I had someone gift me a hatchling that grew up and allowed me to enter. Before that one grew up, I was still stuck at two, so I don't know why it was refusing to count one of my previous adults.

Edited by Kith

Share this post


Link to post

Hey folks, 

 

I have some questions about tombstone lineages; I have several and the tombstones have different naming schemes, and I'm not sure how one chooses how they are named.

 

For example, these have actual names (I don't think these are zombies?) https://dragcave.net/lineage/HRTL0 ? With these, does one have to name them prior to killing them?

 

Then there is this (cool) line https://dragcave.net/lineage/al7zZ (I need a mate!) where all of the tombstones are labeled "Deceased" in italics; how does one do that? That is so cool. Also on those, on all of them when clicking on "Deceased" I get "You can't seem to find the dragon you are looking for." (With other tombstones I get "Unfortunately this dragon has been killed."

 

Then I have others like this one https://dragcave.net/lineage/NrP4q where they were not named and it shows their code.

 

Any info is appreciated. Thank you. :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

The first two just mark a change in the way DC handles dead dragons. They used to disappear from lineages, leaving nothing but a tombstone. Later they began to retain their name and their lineage, although the lineage doesn't show in the lineage view of the offspring. And yes, they must be named before death. The last one just contains ones that were unnamed at death.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes - the way the names were handled changed JUST before I deadlined this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe 

 

I was NOT happy; they were supposed to be Deceased.

 

It's quite important now to unname anything you are about to zombify. If you miss, the name is gone for ever.

 

Love that tin line. I think I must do one ! I only have a 2 gen: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZdVKD

 

Share this post


Link to post

I know this has been asked before, but is there a way to tell if a person from Public trades has a forum account? Someone made a great offer on my red dino that I would love to accept, but I'm egg locked and really, really don't want them to cancel the offer before I can take it! 

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

@Suzumiya

Here's where you can search by their scrollname, and see whether they have an account or not under that name.  If not, then it'll be tougher to figure it out.

 

DC Forum Search

 

Hope that helps...

and good luck!😋🍀

Edited by jerzeeshadow

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/30/2019 at 5:58 PM, purplehaze said:

The first two just mark a change in the way DC handles dead dragons. They used to disappear from lineages, leaving nothing but a tombstone. Later they began to retain their name and their lineage, although the lineage doesn't show in the lineage view of the offspring. And yes, they must be named before death. The last one just contains ones that were unnamed at death.

 

19 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes - the way the names were handled changed JUST before I deadlined this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe 

 

I was NOT happy; they were supposed to be Deceased.

 

It's quite important now to unname anything you are about to zombify. If you miss, the name is gone for ever.

 

Love that tin line. I think I must do one ! I only have a 2 gen: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZdVKD

 

 

Thanks, purplehaze and fuzz for clarifying! :)

 

fuzz, yes I really like the Tin line! Love "Deceased;" it's so morbid :lol:

 

What do you mean "it's quite important now to unname anything you are about to zombify. If you miss, the name is gone for ever."

 

Does that mean, if I have a name I love, then I zombify the dragon with that name, that it doesn't keep the name? The name disappears from view but I cannot reuse it? or I cannot use it on the Zombified dragon or on a new, different dragon? 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, missy_ said:

What do you mean "it's quite important now to unname anything you are about to zombify. If you miss, the name is gone for ever."

 

Does that mean, if I have a name I love, then I zombify the dragon with that name, that it doesn't keep the name? The name disappears from view but I cannot reuse it? or I cannot use it on the Zombified dragon or on a new, different dragon? 

If you have the dragon named and it successfully becomes a Zombie then there is no problem -- Zombie keeps the name and all is well. If the dragon crumbles instead of becoming a Zombie, then the name is forever attached to that dead dragon and can't ever be given to another dragon. If you have a name that you wish to use on a Zombie, you just need to be sure that the zombification succeeds before you give it that name.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/29/2019 at 6:59 AM, Confused Cat said:

 

Thanks for testing! This disproves my "Luminas don't produce any eggs with holidays right now" suspicion. So ratios (and refusals) are being weird, or we're both having super bad luck, but it's probabably not something that is generally wrong.

I bred a light lumina from a light x snow angel on the second try, so maybe it's just bad luck.

Share this post


Link to post

Is there no way to get new (Deceased) dragons in a lineage anymore? 

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.