Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

12 hours ago, Wiz said:

Just incubated the wrong egg so I need to ask. Does incubating an egg cancle a Ward?

Ward should last the full 6 hours, as incubation takes a day off the egg's time left but does not change the actual age of an egg.

21 hours ago, HopSketch said:

If someone were to create a dragon concept, but they didn't sprite the dragon and it was implemented into the site, would they be able to implement said dragon into a story of theirs or sell personal illustrations of this dragon? Or would they have to ask permission to use what they originally created?

I've never been very clear on how all of that works, especially concept creators are given very little credit unless they actually sprite the dragons.

What fuzzbucket said, plus you should probably ask TJ (or a mod if TJ overlooks your pm) with regards to copyright or trademark or exclusive use and all that jazz, especially if you plan to make any profit.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, Suzumiya said:

How low can the tinsel possibly get before finally growing up?

If the new owner puts it in 3 or 4 hatcheries (particularly high use ones like AOND or Hatching Club) it should grow up in half a day, or a day at most. Neglecteds won't happen until it's down to past 1 hour left, and hatchlings past ER time are incapable of getting sick. Plus hatcheries will give an even stronger boost if a dragon does somehow end up under 1 day left, so it's guaranteed to grow in the 24 hours left then.

Also I would be less pleased with a 2g prize neglected than I would with either one separately, because the prize lineage is no longer continuable and the neglected is not CB.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:57 AM, Naughtrish said:

This seems odd to me. I unhid an ER egg this morning and wanted to ward it until it hatches, and it said "already protected". I know I did not ward it, it does not show in my action log. How can this be possible? FYI it is a 2nd gen prize. Thanks for any help :) 

In case you are still unaware, Ward can only be used on an egg once, and after that the (Already protected) note will stay even after Ward wears off. Since you got it in a trade and it was a valuable egg, most likely the owner had to ward it earlier in its life before trading. Sorry for replying late to a post, but I noticed no one answered with enough info so I hope this helps.

Edited by Shadowdrake

19 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

hatchlings past ER time are incapable of getting sick.

Actually are you sure about that ? I could swear I had had ER hatchies that I blitzed that got sick. Can't prove it, but I will test in a week or two.

I was looking at other users' lineages and chanced across a rudely-named dragon. Is there a way to report those? If so, how? Or should I let that slip, the way one does rudely-coded dragons?

23 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

I was looking at other users' lineages and chanced across a rudely-named dragon. Is there a way to report those? If so, how? Or should I let that slip, the way one does rudely-coded dragons?

PM a mod, or TJ.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Actually are you sure about that ? I could swear I had had ER hatchies that I blitzed that got sick. Can't prove it, but I will test in a week or two.

Alright, *very very unlikely* to be sick past ER times. Honestly the only way I could see that happening is if one got majorly sick then stunned so it somehow remained sick even after it could technically grow up, given I've had regular hatchies be at 1200+ UV before they hit 4 days and didn't get sick at all, which is around the amount my prizes grow too.

2 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

rudely-coded dragons

Rude-coded dragons have no limitations because they're randomly generated by the game and only happen to be picked up, but rude names explicitly break rules and therefore should be reported.

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Alright, *very very unlikely* to be sick past ER times. Honestly the only way I could see that happening is if one got majorly sick then stunned so it somehow remained sick even after it could technically grow up, given I've had regular hatchies be at 1200+ UV before they hit 4 days and didn't get sick at all, which is around the amount my prizes grow too.

The one I had weren't sick when I went to blitz them; they were (mostly prize) hatchies that were below 4 days and I wanted the space - or on occasion, wanted them safely grown up as I was about to be away), so I blitzed them. Definitely not stunned. No point doing that and delaying things, when I wanted a space !

I may, once again, be late at noticing, but since when has there been a new message (and, hopefully, a new mechanism) for Pinks??

Select an egg to influence. This will ensure it will be a male (unless abandoned or teleported).

Edited by Fly-by-Night

11 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I may, once again, be late at noticing, but since when has there been a new message (and, hopefully, a new mechanism) for Pinks??

I had noticed that wording but I wasn't ON HUNDRED percent certain that it had changed.... interesting. It makes ME wonder now, too, if the mechanism has changed...

Well, it should, shouldn't it? The words are MUCH clearer now, even specifying what will happen after abandoning. I'm not complaining. :)

TJ posted somewhere that he had done away with the failure chance of influence

Edited by Herk

5 minutes ago, Herk said:

TJ posted somewhere that he had done away with the failure chance of influence

Just wondering, how many upside-down mint can someone get per year?

I'm seeing people getting multiple this year (2019) but not sure how they did it.

Edited by I Want Cheese Dragon

You can get a maximum of one from the cave and they can't be traded -- but they can be abandoned. So, afaik the only way to get more than one is if you are lucky enough to catch one in the AP that someone else has abandoned. I would think that is pretty uncommon.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

You can get a maximum of one from the cave and they can't be traded -- but they can be abandoned. So, afaik the only way to get more than one is if you are lucky enough to catch one in the AP that someone else has abandoned. I would think that is pretty uncommon.

Ah that makes sense, thanks!

What does "SAkin" mean in regards to eggs and hatchies? I know it's got something to do with their lineage but I can't figure out what.

11 minutes ago, chandelotic said:

What does "SAkin" mean in regards to eggs and hatchies? I know it's got something to do with their lineage but I can't figure out what.

Spriter's alt kin. A dragon descended from a spriter's alt, like this dragon.

10 minutes ago, chandelotic said:

Offspring from a spriter's alt, usually the breed of the mate not of the alt.

12 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Spriter's alt kin. A dragon descended from a spriter's alt, like this dragon.

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Offspring from a spriter's alt, usually the breed of the mate not of the alt.

Ohh, okay. Makes sense, thank you two!!

I wonder if you I'll try to zombify upside down mint then it will be upside down as zombie. Has anyone tried that? XD

I woke up this morning, and my account said it has been disabled! I haven't done anything wrong to my knowledge. Can someone please help me?

Edit: I decided to make a post about this instead.

Edited by HopSketch

On 4/15/2019 at 2:56 AM, Cyberr said:

I wonder if you I'll try to zombify upside down mint then it will be upside down as zombie. Has anyone tried that? XD

On 4/15/2019 at 7:23 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I feel pretty sure it won't.

I haven't tested and I personally wouldn't risk it, but it actually probably would be upside down as a zombie.

I can guarantee you, though, that even if it works it may break at any time in the future 

17 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I haven't tested and I personally wouldn't risk it, but it actually probably would be upside down as a zombie.

I can guarantee you, though, that even if it works it may break at any time in the future 

Uhh, I'm very curious but I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice my only one upsy downsy :(

18 hours ago, TJ09 said:

I'm gonna do it.

Is there something going on with Silvi's? I went just now to add something there and a huge chunk of the eggs and hatchies are fogged.  First time I've seen that. there.