Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I gave the gender-switch potion to my female Dark-Myst pygmy but she still appears female. I tried hard-refresh, clearing the cache, and switching browsers, no luck. Anything else I can do to possibly fix this? Edited by Booo

I gave the gender-switch potion to my female Dark-Myst pygmy but she still appears female. I tried hard-refresh, clearing the cache, and switching browsers, no luck. Anything else I can do to possibly fix this?

Could you provide a link to your dragon? If the dragon also appears correct to others, that would be a sign there was some glitchyness in applying the potion and you're going to have to just re-apply it. If the dragon appears gender swapped to us, then I can think on more suggestions for you to try.

Is it just me, or did the Ribbon Dancer sprite go kaput? I'm just viewing my scroll and the images for my two RDs are completely gone. ...I can see their images when I go to their view page, but they're invisible on the scroll itself.

I'm a very, very longtime user, with a possibly answered question:

On the progeny page, what determines the order of mates listed? Why is, for example, a copper the first mate (with children) listed, and another copper halfway down the list?

I'm confused by how to use the new event. I have two ingredients, and went to brew them, but its not showing the second one in the other box and when I try to click on it nothing happens and then I click 'brew' and it says 'not enough ingredients'. Am I doing something wrong or is it acting glitchy? unsure.gif

@toyofubl - I'm not positive, but I think it may have to do with how many offspring each dragon has. Again, that's just my guess.

Edited by Syiren

@toyofubl - I'm not positive, but I think it may have to do with how many offspring each dragon has. Again, that's just my guess.

I'm pretty sure that's not it, either- the mates with 1 child are mixed in with those with multiples. Curiouser and curiouser.

I gave the gender-switch potion to my female Dark-Myst pygmy but she still appears female. I tried hard-refresh, clearing the cache, and switching browsers, no luck. Anything else I can do to possibly fix this?

I can only find a male on your scroll....

http://dragcave.net/lineage/M1Uj4

I'm adding more "things" to my original question:

On the progeny page, what determines the order of mates listed? Why is, for example, a copper the first mate (with children) listed, and another copper halfway down the list?

It doesn't appear to be:

- mate's breed

- mate's name

- order in which they were bred

- age of mate

- # of children

So what could it be? Randomness?

Codes. Alphabetic according to ASCII order. First numbers, then uppercase, then lowercase.

@toyofubl: You're welcome smile.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Codes. Alphabetic according to ASCII order. First numbers, then uppercase, then lowercase.

OMG.

I'm going to have to keep this in mind when I'm breeding my special dragons.

Edit: Where are my manners? Thank you, Ruby Eyes!

Edited by toyofubl

Is it just me, or did the Ribbon Dancer sprite go kaput? I'm just viewing my scroll and the images for my two RDs are completely gone. ...I can see their images when I go to their view page, but they're invisible on the scroll itself.

You probably have a browser addon that reacts on the "ad" in the Ribbon Dancer's generated image name.

If you are using an ad blocker or similar add-on it will be caused by that. DC rotates image names and whenever one comes up that starts with "ad" it will get blocked. It is just temporary until the image name rotates again.

I have a question. Does the Art Usage Thread only apply to Outside-DC usage or Art Usage in general (DC or otherwise)? I want to use the Misfits to make an button for the Halloween Event, but according to the thread, Nakase and Sif both say no. So, should I ask permission or just scrub the idea all together?

Could you provide a link to your dragon? If the dragon also appears correct to others, that would be a sign there was some glitchyness in applying the potion and you're going to have to just re-apply it. If the dragon appears gender swapped to us, then I can think on more suggestions for you to try.

Here

Someone else said it looks female to them so it's probably a glitch.

I can only find a male on your scroll....

http://dragcave.net/lineage/M1Uj4

I have 3 females, look under purple. wink.gif

Edited by Booo

I have a question. Does the Art Usage Thread only apply to Outside-DC usage or Art Usage in general (DC or otherwise)? I want to use the Misfits to make an button for the Halloween Event, but according to the thread, Nakase and Sif both say no. So, should I ask permission or just scrub the idea all together?

Shokomon, as far as I know, art usage rules are for everywhere. But, if it's for here or for non-profit advertising of DC, you may want to ask them personally. Please, if there's a conflict in my answer here, abide by their answer. It's -their- art, so be respectful of their wishes. I appreciate you asking before using.

According to the thread, it says this applies for everywhere. They're both fairly active, so shoot them a PM and I'm sure it'll be fine :>

Some of it applies everywhere (such as editing), some of it only to offsite (such as non-edited sprites in avvies).

From the first post of the thread:

Please note this means: If an artist has not given permission for the type of edit you wish to make, you must contact an artist for permission before modifying their art for use on the DC forum. You must contact an artist before modifying their art for possible use in the cave (ie updating shading, adding alts, etc.). If they do not reply after 30 days, permission is granted by default. This applies to avatars, signatures, fanart, updating concepts, suggesting alts, etc.

Do note that especially if you are suggesting editing an in cave sprite (such as updating a sprite or suggesting an alt - even suggesting a hybrid), we are likely to ask for proof that you've asked permission. Be ready to give us a screenshot of a PM or chat or link us to a dA conversation or however you asked/received permission.

You may not submit shop merchandise without the permission of the artist.

Anything that you may make a profit off of you must obtain artist permission for first.

You may use non-edited general use DC sprites (cropping or changing the image size is allowed) on the DC forum without asking prior permission. However, please ask permission before using spriter alt sprites. Spriter alts are a special treat for the spriters and should be treated as such.

You are allowed to create and post fanart elsewhere (such as dA), but you must credit DC and the sprite artist/s. Many artists love seeing fan interpretation, so you might PM the artist anyway just to share.

Sounds like what you're proposing is to just use unedited sprites in a badge for DCF. Feel free to make the badge in that case! :3

Here

Someone else said it looks female to them so it's probably a glitch.

Yeah, probably a hiccup. You're just going to have to re-apply it. Sorry!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Yeah, probably a hiccup. You're just going to have to re-apply it. Sorry!

I just tried it with my male Dark-Myst and that didn't work either. I wonder if the breed is glitchy in general.

Um...I'm not sure how to ask this question but I'll try. Anyway... when I was on the page for abandoning an egg. After typing in my pw and hitting the abandon button the dialog box showed up like normal.Then I got curious and I wondered if I would be able to abandon eggs faster if I checked the box.So after I did that I found that I couldn't abandon the next egg I grabbed. Hitting the abandon button does nothing now. Does anyone know how to undo the mistake I made? In case anyone needs to know I'm a mobile user.I really hope someone can help me.

Never mind...problem solved by clicking back into a page in my history. Idk why that fixed it but I'm just glad it did.

Edited by Ayumi_Seto

When's the earliest a hatchling can gender?

I've personally seen 6d and change, maybe 6d 10h? Pretty sure a hatchie can gender at any time, it's just view-reliant.