Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

25 minutes ago, sakana said:

Has anyone else noticed an issue where clicking on the Dragon Cave logo in the upper left is no longer taking you to the Cave but to the "RIP an error has occurred" page? Or is that just me? Clicking on Cave still takes me to the cave, it's just the logo giving me guff.

It's working fine for me. Have you tried a hard refresh?

17 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

It's working fine for me. Have you tried a hard refresh?

Ah, that did it. Thanks!

Sorry but for the montly raffle it says raise 3 adult "sea serpents"

So now my 2 dump questions. How I raise dragons that are already adult?!

And waht are sea serpents? I cant find them in DC wiki and they can not be selected in search for traiding.

Sorry but I am confused. WIch breed is meant and I am sure raising them from egg to adult is what its meant, right?

16 minutes ago, SilverQuetzal said:

How I raise dragons that are already adult?!

You have to raise them to adults. :P That means that you need to have sea serpent hatchlings grow to adults on your scroll. You can raise them from an egg, or you can trade for them as hatchlings and then grow them to adults. As long as they become adults on your scroll, they'll count. 

17 minutes ago, SilverQuetzal said:

And waht are sea serpents?

Baikala, Deep Sea, Shallow Water and Water. You can check a dragon's type by looking at their breed in the encyclopedia

13 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Around what day can we expect the Christmas event to start? Is it a week before Christmas like Halloween?

Yes, it has started a week before in the past.

@Aqub: You can always look at last year's event schedule.

Or even older ones, as the threads of the last couple of years are preserved in the news section.

If I were to stun a hatchie and then fog it, would its timer run out after 8 days instead of 7?

5 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

If I were to stun a hatchie and then fog it, would its timer run out after 8 days instead of 7?

Yes. Stunning adds an extra day to whatever the timer shows. If you stun a hatchling as soon as it hatches, it will display 8 days until death rather than 7. 

Is anyone having trouble with this month's raffle requirements?

I'm still at 1/3 (see screenshot) despite having 2 Water dragons who both grew up on the 5th: MYGvV & h7OEx

Is this a glitch or am I missing something? :huh:

I can only surmise this is a glitch. I bred two Water dragons and one Baikala on the afternoon of Nov 30 (they grew up yesterday) and that completed the requirement.

7 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@Aleoleo Did you try a hard refresh?

I just did, with no change. :-/

Edit: also cleaned cookies, emptied cache and just about every other thing I could think of... XD still the same

Edited by Aleoleo

7 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

I just did, with no change. 😕

Edit: also cleaned cookies, emptied cache and just about every other thing I could think of... XD still the same

So I thought it could be related to this one: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/183829-another-raffle-related/

but it doesn't seem so ... unless TJ updated something again in the meantime? Might be worth poking him, anyway.

That's weird. I've raised two, as well, and both count. Though both mine grew up on 6th - I wonder if that makes a difference ...

Huh. Thanks all for your help, I guess I'm off to open a new help thread...

What exactly is an Honourable Mention?

I mean, both how does one get one, and what physically speaking are we talking about? What kinds of dragons? Maybe a couple of examples?

9 minutes ago, Justie said:

What exactly is an Honourable Mention?

I mean, both how does one get one, and what physically speaking are we talking about? What kinds of dragons? Maybe a couple of examples?

You don't get them anymore.

Basically, they were follow-up prizes for christmas raffle winners until 2013 (the last ones given out in February 2014) and allowed you to choose any creature with a few exceptions (no old Bright Pink which were discontinued back then, no Halloween and no Valentine's breeds since it was a Christmas raffle, no Neglected or Zombies, and no Prizes, of course).

Many winners chose CB Holly (which was influencable), I think a few took a CB Frill (which was discontinued back then), at least two picked CB alt Black, one picked a CB Soulpeace and one a CB Hellhorse.

I don't think anything else was chosen.

Edited by Ruby Eyes
Where did that rogue e come from?

One cannot get them any more. They were sort of lower grade prizes in early raffles. They stopped showing up after - I think - the second year.

Nijnjaed :)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Oooops! I thought I replied here but somehow it isn't there.

Thank you both @Ruby Eyes & @Fuzzbucket

Now I get it!B)

Grrrr! I hate it when it does that

Edited by Justie

On 12/3/2018 at 5:04 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

When taking images from the wiki, use their address with http, NOT with https. I don't know why that is, but it works that way.

:o I had no idea! That's so useful to know!

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's weird. I've raised two, as well, and both count. Though both mine grew up on 6th - I wonder if that makes a difference ...

Also having that glitch. Raised 3 to adulthood, only 2 counted. *shrugs* Oh well, guess I will find another one. Still a bummer if this was a harder requirement though.