Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Keileon said:

Well yes, it's always safer to keep it fogged-- but say I wanted an egg to hatch so I could free up a slot, if I watch it carefully until it hatches and am sure it's not in any hatcheries, it won't die or take longer to get better just because I unfogged it?

From what I've experienced (and this is just my observations from my own experience), if a dragon keeps accumulating views while sick then they may take longer to get better, I'm guessing because they are getting 'more sick' by continuing to get too many views while already sick. That said, if you don't think it's bad enough that they'll die, and you can keep a close eye on them while unfogged, then leaving them unfogged for a bit just until it hatches isn't usually too much of an issue. I do that all the time, and as long as I fog them right when they hatch they are always fine (though I do use Ward on the more important ones just to be safe).

On 12/1/2018 at 11:41 PM, Nove NuVonde said:

Is there anywhere minor issues can be posted? I've noticed a very small issue with chicken egg sprites but it doesn't really feel like it deserves a whole thread, nor do I even know if it's actually a mistake at all.

Chicken Egg Chicken dead egg Chicken crack 1 Chicken crack 4

As you can see, the outline of the whole/dead egg is a bit lighter than the cracked version.

I think you may be looking for the Cave Feedback thread?

2 hours ago, Mewtie said:

I think you may be looking for the Cave Feedback thread?

Yeah, that seems like the right place. Thanks!

Edit: are the egg sprites I posted obnoxiously large for anyone else? My browser has been acting wonky lately and I just want to make sure this is a strictly me problem and that I haven't by mistake linked unnecessarily giant images.

Edited by Nove NuVonde

@Nove NuVonde They are gigantic on my screen as well. It looks like you got them from the Wiki? It seems to happen with some images there when they are used elsewhere, although I'm not certain why.

Ah, thanks, just wanted to double check since I've been having personal tech issues lately and I can never be 100% sure whether it's just me or if it's showing for everyone else. Not sure where else I'll find good egg sprites but I'll look into fixing that.

The good sprites are in a sticky in the trading subforum - but only whole eggs. Most of the direct from the wiki ones end up looking like that.

Testing to see if it happens if you open the image in a new tab before posting the link here: Yes, i does. so... the only way would be to save the image and rehost or upload it.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

7 hours ago, Nove NuVonde said:

are the egg sprites I posted obnoxiously large for anyone else?

When taking images from the wiki, use their address with http, NOT with https. I don't know why that is, but it works that way.

Wow.. One moment...

latest?cb

OKAY ! Thanks, Ruby !

I tried searching for abandoned page and laptop, and came up empty.

I can access the abandoned page from my desktop computer, but not from my laptop--a macbook air.  All I get is the error page and tombstone.  Any idea what I should be looking for in settings?  I'm using Chrome.

Just now, Brekke said:

I tried searching for abandoned page and laptop, and came up empty.

I can access the abandoned page from my desktop computer, but not from my laptop--a macbook air.  All I get is the error page and tombstone.  Any idea what I should be looking for in settings?  I'm using Chrome.

Try clearing cache and maybe also cookies?

I hate to do that if I don't have to--I'd loose a lot history, etc., wouldn't I?  I'll try it in the end--but hoping someone who knows more about macs and chromes might have an idea--thanks.

1 minute ago, Brekke said:

I hate to do that if I don't have to--I'd loose a lot history, etc., wouldn't I?  I'll try it in the end--but hoping someone who knows more about macs and chromes might have an idea--thanks.

History is not cache. The cache is only storing old image and style data, and outdated cache content is usually the reason for those tombstone issues.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

History is not cache. The cache is only storing old image and style data, and outdated cache content is usually the reason for those tombstone issues.

Gotcha, thanks--and it worked!  Thanks!

I'm wondering if there's a set time where a hatchling can gender? What time is optimal to put a hatchling in a hatchery to get it to stage two?

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

I'm wondering if there's a set time where a hatchling can gender?

Not really, it all depends on its stats. The more it has, the earlier it can gender, but then it can get sick, too. Generally, they don't really need to gender at more than 5 days, unless you want them to, for trading.

9 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Not really, it all depends on its stats. The more it has, the earlier it can gender, but then it can get sick, too. Generally, they don't really need to gender at more than 5 days, unless you want them to, for trading.

Good to know about that. I'm just trying to get it to stage two in order to freeze it and I don't want it to get sick; would 5 days and 17 hours be too early for hatcheries, sickness-wise?

Edited by Tesla

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Good to know about that. I'm just trying to get it to stage two in order to freeze it and I don't want it to get sick; would 5 days and 17 hours be too early for hatcheries, sickness-wise?

Should be safe to throw it into all the hatcheries at that point. Even if it gets sick, that message won't stay long after freezing.

32 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Should be safe to throw it into all the hatcheries at that point. Even if it gets sick, that message won't stay long after freezing.

Ah true, thank you!

3 hours ago, Tesla said:

I'm wondering if there's a set time where a hatchling can gender? What time is optimal to put a hatchling in a hatchery to get it to stage two?

As mentioned, it depends on the stats a hatchie has... I've had some of them gender with more than 6d left (e. g. 6d 3h) simply because they had a huge amount of views at that point. But if you plan to keep something (and don't intend to freeze) it doesn't really matter if they gender a little sooner or not. Most of them show their gender at some point before they reach 5d 12h (at least for me) - with the exception of Prizes and Zyus. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else noticed an issue where clicking on the Dragon Cave logo in the upper left is no longer taking you to the Cave but to the "RIP an error has occurred" page? Or is that just me? Clicking on Cave still takes me to the cave, it's just the logo giving me guff.

25 minutes ago, sakana said:

Has anyone else noticed an issue where clicking on the Dragon Cave logo in the upper left is no longer taking you to the Cave but to the "RIP an error has occurred" page? Or is that just me? Clicking on Cave still takes me to the cave, it's just the logo giving me guff.

It's working fine for me. Have you tried a hard refresh?

17 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

It's working fine for me. Have you tried a hard refresh?

Ah, that did it. Thanks!

Sorry but for the montly raffle it says raise 3 adult "sea serpents"

So now my 2 dump questions. How I raise dragons that are already adult?!

And waht are sea serpents? I cant find them in DC wiki and they can not be selected in search for traiding.

Sorry but I am confused. WIch breed is meant and I am sure raising them from egg to adult is what its meant, right?

16 minutes ago, SilverQuetzal said:

How I raise dragons that are already adult?!

You have to raise them to adults. :P That means that you need to have sea serpent hatchlings grow to adults on your scroll. You can raise them from an egg, or you can trade for them as hatchlings and then grow them to adults. As long as they become adults on your scroll, they'll count. 

17 minutes ago, SilverQuetzal said:

And waht are sea serpents?

Baikala, Deep Sea, Shallow Water and Water. You can check a dragon's type by looking at their breed in the encyclopedia