Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm planning on requesting a variation of an already-existing dragon species. Which forum would this go in?

12 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

I'm planning on requesting a variation of an already-existing dragon species. Which forum would this go in?

I think you have to pm spriters for permission first. Then it goes in the dragon request forum. Keep in mind there is a waiting queue.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:47 PM, Nightwalkerkey said:

I won't ever understand- why do people love prizes bred to things that are impossible to get a shiny egg from? Scripts, leodons... Why?! 

I mean I guess some people like pairs, but dang. Really everyone? Lol 

I was fortunate enough to have someone breed me a 2nd gen prize where I got to select the mate the CB prize was bred to. I chose a common dragon even though I knew it would take a long time before the pair would throw a shiny egg instead of a common egg, but I didn't care.  I just liked how the colors of the adults looked together.  Took many months before I got my shiny.

9 hours ago, Astreya said:

@Ruby Eyes  @DragonLady86

Thanks! Yeah, I feared that much. So I guess some Waters it will be....

The other sea serpent options are deep sea, shallow water, and baikala.

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

The other sea serpent options are deep sea, shallow water, and baikala.

Bluna, too. (Or so the wiki thinks)

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Bluna, too. (Or so the wiki thinks)

I was wishing for that one too but the encyclopedia calls it an Amphiptere so I don't think it will count as a sea serpent.

Edited by Dracaena

@Dracaena

Oh, I just thought that I will finally start a lineage that I always wanted to do - M Silver x F Water. - I think that should look nice and do the trick ^^

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

I was wishing for that one too but the encyclopedia calls it an Amphiptere so I don't think it will count as a sea serpent.

Until anyone raises something and can give a definitive answer, I'd be going by what the encyclopedia says rather than any other sources since it's the only official source of information. So I don't think they'll count either, but we could be wrong. 

In order to have the best chance of avoiding permanent refusal, do I need to use Fertility on both dragons, or can I use it on only one dragon? 

Thanks in advance. :)

10 minutes ago, missy_ said:

In order to have the best chance of avoiding permanent refusal, do I need to use Fertility on both dragons, or can I use it on only one dragon? 

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't think using on both dragons has any more effect that a single use.

9 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

I don't think using on both dragons has any more effect that a single use.

I hope that is true, because I am running out of Purples! :blush:

I have some gorgeous even gens that I want to pair though, and I don't want to take any chance of a refusal since they aren't replaceable. 

So maybe she won't refuse him, but he might refuse her ... that is what I am not sure of. 

Refusals are about a pair, not about one dragon.

@missy_

One fertilized dragon usual does it - I had one exception: When there are Turpentines involved. With Turpentines one can still get refusals despite using Fertility. But for all other dragon types using Fertility on one of the partners helped me not getting refusals any more. Fertility just doesn't really help with a greater chance for an egg, my feeling tells me. ^^

Thank you all. :) I will just do one of the pair for now on (except Turpentines!)

I have another wee question: 

If I breed this https://dragcave.net/lineage/GV3j4 to a 4th even gen, will it breed as a 4th even gen or will the tombstone change that? I was looking at it on AOND's lineage page and it shows the prior lineage so I wasn't sure what breeding results to expect. 

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Thank you all. :) I will just do one of the pair for now on (except Turpentines!)

I have another wee question: 

If I breed this https://dragcave.net/lineage/GV3j4 to a 4th even gen, will it breed as a 4th even gen or will the tombstone change that? I was looking at it on AOND's lineage page and it shows the prior lineage so I wasn't sure what breeding results to expect. 

Thanks in advance.

Even with the Turpentines, using fertility twice won't make any more difference than using one fertility - you'll just be wasting the second one. 

For the lineage, the top or bottom half of the lineage (depending on whether your Autumn genders male or female) will appear exactly as it currently does, in regard to the tombstone. 

9 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

Even with the Turpentines, using fertility twice won't make any more difference than using one fertility - you'll just be wasting the second one. 

For the lineage, the top or bottom half of the lineage (depending on whether your Autumn genders male or female) will appear exactly as it currently does, in regard to the tombstone. 

I influenced him male (I influence almost everything). ^_^ :nyan:  So do you mean that the additional lineage won't show up, just the tombstone? So it should look like a regular 4th even gen (even though it is technically a 10th gen?)  Thank you.

Right. The original lineage behind the tombstone will not show up in the lineage view.

How long can you leave a hatchling fogged? I have one that was view bombed. Fortunately, I was able to save it with the fog. Now I wonder how long I should leave it that way. The game's warning about it has vanished.

5 minutes ago, Lady_of_The_Forest said:

How long can you leave a hatchling fogged? I have one that was view bombed. Fortunately, I was able to save it with the fog. Now I wonder how long I should leave it that way. The game's warning about it has vanished.

Ever since last christmas I have kept my things fogged until only a few hours until they can hatch/grow. I would never leave my scroll unattended with unfogged items if I were you.

Is there anywhere minor issues can be posted? I've noticed a very small issue with chicken egg sprites but it doesn't really feel like it deserves a whole thread, nor do I even know if it's actually a mistake at all.

Chicken Egg Chicken dead egg Chicken crack 1 Chicken crack 4

As you can see, the outline of the whole/dead egg is a bit lighter than the cracked version.

2 hours ago, Lady_of_The_Forest said:

A good rule of thumb when sick is leave them fogged for 24 hours.  If you unfog soon as the message goes away it is likely to get sick again if still in the hatcheries (not all will removed fogged dragons).

21 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

Until anyone raises something and can give a definitive answer, I'd be going by what the encyclopedia says rather than any other sources since it's the only official source of information. So I don't think they'll count either, but we could be wrong. 

Yep, the encyclopedia is authoritative on breed types.

Fogging an egg/hatchling in and of itself doesn't help cure sickness, right? It only stops the views from accumulating?

In that vein, if you're sure that the dragon is out of all the hatcheries you put it in and it's still sick, it's relatively safe to unfog it so it can hatch/grow up, yeah?

I never unfog for 24 hours after the egg/hatchie gets sick. And you can't be SURE someone else won't put it in a hatchery...

Well yes, it's always safer to keep it fogged-- but say I wanted an egg to hatch so I could free up a slot, if I watch it carefully until it hatches and am sure it's not in any hatcheries, it won't die or take longer to get better just because I unfogged it?