Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Stun question: I know a dragon can't grow up while stunned, but can you freeze a hatchling while it's stunned? Or will I have to wait until the stun wears off to freeze it? (Have no freezes, want to make sure hatchling doesn't grow up before I get a freeze back tomorrow afternoon.)

Edited by HeatherMarie

19 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Stun question: I know a dragon can't grow up while stunned, but can you freeze a hatchling while it's stunned? Or will I have to wait until the stun wears off to freeze it? (Have no freezes, want to make sure hatchling doesn't grow up before I get a freeze back tomorrow afternoon.)

The action is available,  however I did not actually freeze it, as it needs to gender first.

Is it possible for some Gemshards to never produce a same-color offspring? This pair has made everything *but* a red one, and I'm thinkin' I may have to replace mom.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Hide it ? I did that with one I was desperate to freeze; I never even thought to stun it but it had a shedload of views.

3 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Is it possible for some Gemshards to never produce a same-color offspring? This pair has made everything *but* a red one, and I'm thinkin' I may have to replace mom.

It's random. E.g. this pair produced all colours: https://dragcave.net/progeny/SldvY

Essentially, it all depends on luck, or the lack thereof.

7 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

They will produce every color but the one you want. XD Seriously, as Ruby says, it is random. I tried for months to get the right color for one of my lineages, but they finally came through with the blue one I needed.

Does an Incubator option still work? I can't reach it's page via account settings but I can still get to it via direct link. Unfortunately, generating the incubator makes an error. I don't know if it's issue of using mobile dragcave or whatever else.

I'm asking just for curiosity, because it isn't option I desperately need xD

@RubyEyes @purplehaze

Thank you, just as I thought, cause I only need one red baby, then I'll probably never breed them again.  Dergs, I swear! LOL

Edited by prpldrgnfr

I'm not sure what's going on but someone made an offer on one of my trades and I can't accept it because the accept button is greyed out. I've logged out, deleted cache and cookies, and tried a different browser. Does anyone know what this is?

Edit: I tried with my phone now but the problem persists.

Edited by blah

4 minutes ago, blah said:

I'm not sure what's going on but someone made an offer on one of my trades and I can't accept it because the accept button is greyed out. I've logged out, deleted cache and cookies, and tried a different browser. Does anyone know what this is?

Edit: I tried with my phone now but the problem persists.

It probably means the other person can't go through with the trade because they're egglocked, for example. If you hover over the button on PC/laptop it should show you the reason.

17 minutes ago, Cinspawn said:

It probably means the other person can't go through with the trade because they're egglocked, for example. If you hover over the button on PC/laptop it should show you the reason.

Thank you! They are indeed egglocked. 😅

Anyone know why codes starting with zero don't seem to be happening any more? I couldn't find any for days, we rifled through some hatcheries and our scrolls on discord. The youngest 0-code we can find (with admittedly brief hunting) is mid-September this year. They should be 1/62 eggs which would be a lot easier to find than this.

41 minutes ago, ObsessedWithCats said:

Anyone know why codes starting with zero don't seem to be happening any more? I couldn't find any for days, we rifled through some hatcheries and our scrolls on discord. The youngest 0-code we can find (with admittedly brief hunting) is mid-September this year. They should be 1/62 eggs which would be a lot easier to find than this.

Huh. That is weird!

MariaDB [www_leviathan]> select substring(code, 1, 1) as firstChar, count(*) from codes group by 1;
+-----------+----------+
| firstChar | count(*) |
+-----------+----------+
| 1         |       15 |
| 2         |        7 |
| 3         |       16 |
| 4         |       11 |
| 5         |       20 |
| 6         |       10 |
| 7         |       14 |
| 8         |       25 |
| 9         |       16 |
| A         |       12 |
| B         |       10 |
| C         |       15 |
| D         |       18 |
| E         |       18 |
| F         |       13 |
| G         |       20 |
| H         |       15 |
| I         |       14 |
| J         |       23 |
| K         |       17 |
| L         |       20 |
| M         |       14 |
| N         |       14 |
| O         |       19 |
| P         |       24 |
| Q         |       19 |
| R         |       13 |
| S         |       15 |
| T         |       13 |
| U         |       17 |
| V         |       19 |
| W         |       18 |
| X         |       13 |
| Y         |       16 |
| Z         |       25 |
| a         |        7 |
| b         |       12 |
| c         |       12 |
| d         |       19 |
| e         |       11 |
| f         |       16 |
| g         |       15 |
| h         |       12 |
| i         |       15 |
| j         |       13 |
| k         |       15 |
| l         |       17 |
| m         |       12 |
| n         |       13 |
| o         |       16 |
| p         |       23 |
| q         |       15 |
| r         |       16 |
| s         |       15 |
| t         |       11 |
| u         |       17 |
| v         |       15 |
| w         |       13 |
| x         |       18 |
| y         |       15 |
| z         |       40 |
+-----------+----------+
61 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I can't rule out this isn't just a statistical anomaly on Daily Dragon Fix in particular, of course, but as you can see, there are no codes on DDF beginning with 0. I kind of find the prevalence of z-codes odd, too? As in, lowercase z in particular, compared to uppercase Z - if it were an effect of z-code collection, I'd expect those to be in a similar ballpark.

But yeah, this is a tiny sample. Maybe some other fansites can pitch in with their own queries?

Edit: Nope! I can rule out a statistical anomaly on my own (not to 100% certainty, nothing is ever 100% certain, but enough that it's reasonable to assume something is up):

MariaDB [www_leviathan]> select * from codes where code like '%0%';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

No code with a zero anywhere in it. That's a bit more than a coincidence.

Edited by pinkgothic

40 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Huh. That is weird!

I can't rule out this isn't just a statistical anomaly on Daily Dragon Fix in particular, of course, but as you can see, there are no codes on DDF beginning with 0. I kind of find the prevalence of z-codes odd, too? As in, lowercase z in particular, compared to uppercase Z - if it were an effect of z-code collection, I'd expect those to be in a similar ballpark.

But yeah, this is a tiny sample. Maybe some other fansites can pitch in with their own queries?

TJ stopped using the lowercase z after the Lagmonster ate dragons beginning with that, but he reinstated it not that long ago. Maybe the system is overcompensating for the missing z's?

Edited by Lagie

12 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Huh. That is weird!

(snip for space)

Edit: Nope! I can rule out a statistical anomaly on my own (not to 100% certainty, nothing is ever 100% certain, but enough that it's reasonable to assume something is up):

MariaDB [www_leviathan]> select * from codes where code like '%0%';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

No code with a zero anywhere in it. That's a bit more than a coincidence.

DDF is actually really handy to check on the user end since 'view all' sorts by code, but no 0s anywhere is news to me O_o And suggests random chance is unlikely.

If this carries on I'm gonna have to find a different way to sort my scroll XD

Edited by ObsessedWithCats
attempting to repair horribly messed up quotes

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

TJ stopped using the lowercase z after the Lagmonster ate dragons beginning with that, but he reinstated it not that long ago. Maybe the system is overcompensating for the missing z's?

He stopped? I wouldn't confirm that - I have lowercase z's from several years.

2013: https://dragcave.net/view/z34a3

2014: https://dragcave.net/view/zMkOS

2015: https://dragcave.net/view/zLdY6

2016: https://dragcave.net/view/zNV8j

2017: https://dragcave.net/view/zCXVo

2018: https://dragcave.net/view/zKrab

He must have re-introduced using them over 5 years ago, if he ever stopped. Any overcompensation issues would be long gone, I think.

My oldest zero-starting codes seem to be from May this year.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Does anyone know whether Thalassas count as Sea Serpents for the Raffle? The Wiki has them as Sea Serpents, but in their Dragonopedia entry they only go as "Wyrm" with "Water" affiliation. (That is - could someone who happened to have a Thalassa just grow up look if it already counted as one entry for the Raffle, please?)

Edited by Astreya

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

Does anyone know whether Thalassas count as Sea Serpents for the Raffle? The Wiki has them as Sea Serpents, but in their Dragonopedia entry they only go as "Wyrm" with "Water" affiliation. (That is - could someone who happened to have a Thalassa just grow up look if it already counted as one entry for the Raffle, please?)

It cannot count - the game knows nothing about information on the user-driven wiki, only what its own data says, and that says Wyrm.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

He stopped? I wouldn't confirm that - I have lowercase z's from several years.

He did stop for a time after the data monster ate dragons whose codes started with x, y and z. He was unable to restore those dragons, although all others could be. When I first joined the Z project I noticed that all the new Z dragons I was collecting had Z, not z. I asked about it somewhere and TJ answered that he had discontinued those three lower case letters as code-starters. He reinstated them at that time and there have been z's again ever since. I don't remember exactly when that was and I don't have the energy to go back to see if I can find it. But it should have been for a period of time just after the great Data Monster attack.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

He did stop for a time after the data monster ate dragons whose codes started with x, y and z. He was unable to restore those dragons, although all others could be. When I first joined the Z project I noticed that all the new Z dragons I was collecting had Z, not z. I asked about it somewhere and TJ answered that he had discontinued those three lower case letters as code-starters. He reinstated them at that time and there have been z's again ever since. I don't remember exactly when that was and I don't have the energy to go back to see if I can find it. But it should have been for a period of time just after the great Data Monster attack.

Lagie said "not that long ago" though - I'd say it must have been quite a long time ago.

Also, that would have affected x and y as well, which are fairly normally distributed in pinkgothic's list.

True, and I don't think it has anything to do with the issue that Pink Gothic was talking about, because things went back to normal distribution after that. I was just confirming that z's were discontinued for a time. But, no it was not recent.

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Lagie said "not that long ago" though - I'd say it must have been quite a long time ago.

Also, that would have affected x and y as well, which are fairly normally distributed in pinkgothic's list.

I live in the Bahamas. "The other day" here means anything from yesterday to the date of your birth. XD So, "not long ago" could easily have been five years back! :)

15 hours ago, ObsessedWithCats said:

Anyone know why codes starting with zero don't seem to be happening any more? I couldn't find any for days, we rifled through some hatcheries and our scrolls on discord. The youngest 0-code we can find (with admittedly brief hunting) is mid-September this year. 

I have this one which is my youngest starting with a 0. None since and it's stolen date is Sept 14th.

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

Doubt it, but I'll breed and raise one anyway just to see.