Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

23 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

I'm planning on trading for a Galaxy dragon someday, how much are they worth?

Galaxy? Which one is that?

I've heard that a "no interest" breeding result means that a pair is incompatible and will probably not produce eggs. However, can that advice be applied to a pair that produced an egg and then had a "no interest" result? I used fertility both times. I'm not sure if trying a new mate would help.

Most pairs at some point will give you a no interest.  It's that string of no interests that suggests they don't really like each other and it might be time to try different mates. 

On a similar note, I've had pairs with strings of no egg that don't ever make an egg either.  Again time to change mates which is what I'll be doing next week with one pair who can't produce an egg.

8 hours ago, Bigbite said:

Thanks, olympe, a Nov. release is unnecessary.

Says you. I think one is ever so necessary, and I was hoping :D

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I've heard that a "no interest" breeding result means that a pair is incompatible and will probably not produce eggs. However, can that advice be applied to a pair that produced an egg and then had a "no interest" result? I used fertility both times. I'm not sure if trying a new mate would help.

Not at all. No interest may merely mean that they need a bit more time between breedings, but it doesn't mean incompatibility at all - that would be a refusal. No interest is just a "not today, darling, I'm having a migraine" type of result.

A new mate *could* help anyway, especially one that hasn't been used for breeding in a while, in my experience.

17 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

😉 I just wasn't ready for one at this time. Next Nov. I may be hoping for one too. 

18 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Noooooooooooo!  I have Christmas lineages to prepare...and other things   Bite your tongue.

Does anybody know any experienced spriters that wouldn't mind getting poked for crits on a dragon request? I've finally started working on my years-in-the-making dragon request again and I want to get it finished before I lose momentum again, but nobody but me seems interested at the moment lol.

I THINK Infinis posted that it was always OK to ask. It even says so in her profile - to tag @Infinis in your thread.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I THINK Infinis posted that it was always OK to ask. It even says so in her profile - to tag @Infinis in your thread.

Might take me a couple days to fibd the time ti get in there fir an extensive lookover but yes you can tag me

Can anybody link me to the "collector/hoarder" banner page? I know it's in the forums somewhere... I wanted to add one to my signature but I just can't seem to find it!

@Fuzzbucket Nooo I don't think so... there were a bunch of pre-made banners for collectors of specific breeds. I see them in people's sigs sometimes

6 minutes ago, Kyleedj said:

@Fuzzbucket Nooo I don't think so... there were a bunch of pre-made banners for collectors of specific breeds. I see them in people's sigs sometimes

Most of these are probably in Original Works, like this:

11 minutes ago, Kyleedj said:

There are a load in there I guess people could use ? Or you could ask for one of your own.

Market question: Do Blacks and Dark Greens from the Market act like biome-eggs, in that they can't hatch alt? I'd like to know before buying...

I can't speak from experience as I'm saving my shards for that hypothetical shimmer egg but I can't imagine the cb market eggs would hatch alt.  I'd bet money if it were to happen it would be a glitch that is quickly reverted to normal stage.

I second that - TJ said that CB alts were a mistake in the first place and would never happen again, even as prizes.

Thanks for the answers! (Yaaay, I can use the Market to add to my frozen regular-Black army! Finally found a use for the Market!)

Alright I know the introduction of the market was supposed to help this possible issue but...anyone else having issues even seeing rares in-cave? I feel like I used to see SO many more xenos but not anymore. I know it's inevitable with the amount of breeds in the cave now, and it's not really an *issue* since we have the market. Anyone else noticing this? Or is it just me?

I feel like I have to try a lot harder than I used to in order to catch the same rares

Edit: Thanks for the input everyone! :)

Edited by coo_

43 minutes ago, coo_ said:

Alright I know the introduction of the market was supposed to help this possible issue but...anyone else having issues even seeing rares in-cave? I feel like I used to see SO many more xenos but not anymore. I know it's inevitable with the amount of breeds in the cave now, and it's not really an *issue* since we have the market. Anyone else noticing this? Or is it just me?

I feel like I have to try a lot harder than I used to in order to catch the same rares

I feel like I have seen a bit less xenos then usual lately... I'm still seeing most other things the same amount (even saw a Gold for the first time in two months), but xenos do seem to be a bit more scarce for some reason. I also feel like I haven't seen as many up for trade lately, but that might just be me.

I caught 1 chrono, 1 mageia, and 2 pyros in the last 72 hours, so I've been seeing some xenos. Traded them all though.

I've nabbed two or three xenowyrms myself the past couple weeks, though there are other rares I've had a heck of a time finding, including aeons and trio members, among others. I can't put my finger on it, but I do feel vaguely similar, just not about xenos. Might just be some fluctuation in the ratios.