Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It is the Thuweds that throw things off. In this case, specifically the Alt Black one. If you check the lineage view of the 2nd gen Magi, you will see that it displays as a gen 3.

I have put 2 eggs into Allure of NDs. One is an influenced Aria egg, CB but I got it from the AP. The other is a noninfluenced Magi egg, which is also CB but from the AP. They are both ER dragons with very similar times (both 3 days), but the Aria is getting 3 times the views. Are there any reasons for this?

I seem to have forgotten my password for the cave.  How do I reset it?

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It is the Thuweds that throw things off. In this case, specifically the Alt Black one. If you check the lineage view of the 2nd gen Magi, you will see that it displays as a gen 3.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I seem to have forgotten my password for the cave.  How do I reset it?

Here is the password reset page! https://dragcave.net/reset

2 hours ago, sbld said:

I have put 2 eggs into Allure of NDs. One is an influenced Aria egg, CB but I got it from the AP. The other is a noninfluenced Magi egg, which is also CB but from the AP. They are both ER dragons with very similar times (both 3 days), but the Aria is getting 3 times the views. Are there any reasons for this?

Probably whoever dropped the Aria already had it in hatcheries.

Is anyone else getting an "An error has occurred" page when they go to the main cave page? When I hover over the link on the dragon cave logo, the url has an added /?r=1 at the end. If I remove it, things load normally, but if I just click on the link (which includes that), I get the error page. I'm using Chrome on my Mac; my housemate, who uses Safari, says that everything loads right for him even with that /r=1 in the link. This only started being a problem for me yesterday. Any idea why that might be happening?

Edited by Ardath Rekha

@Ardath Rekha When links suddenly get their URL changed, it's usually some kind of malware. You may want to do some additional checks on your computer, I forgot what's good for these, but @Fuzzbucket is usually knowledgable about programs to use for this. Also check your browser for any recently added plugins or addons or whatever they are called for Chrome.

12 hours ago, tjekan said:

male dragons from different biomes, because they're currently not used for anything

Xenowyrms actually use the biome-dependent mechanic as well, for both genders of mate.

2 hours ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Is anyone else getting an "An error has occurred" page when they go to the main cave page? When I hover over the link on the dragon cave logo, the url has an added /?r=1 at the end. If I remove it, things load normally, but if I just click on the link (which includes that), I get the error page. I'm using Chrome on my Mac; my housemate, who uses Safari, says that everything loads right for him even with that /r=1 in the link. This only started being a problem for me yesterday. Any idea why that might be happening?

Mine gets me an /?r=2 (Opera, PC) and it loads everything fine.

Thanks for the flattery, Ruby Eyes. XD And as she says, I use Good Stuff. BUT I'm not Mac-knowledgeable...

Ruby makes a good point about add-ons - try loading Chrome in safe mode and see if that stops it.

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/02/google-chrome-safe-mode.html

Also try clearing your cache - it may be a misdirect left over form when the cave was acting up.

Still - this is what I use, and it is up there for Mac.:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Sadly their brilliant adwcleaner seems not to be available for Macs,

https://alternativeto.net/software/adwcleaner/?license=free&platform=mac

but still...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

15 hours ago, Herk said:

The biome of the mother determines the colour of Coppers, so - yeah if you want to checker that IS important

That's interesting, I looked on the wiki, and

"Male Copper x any CB female dragon = Egg color of its mother's biome."

I couldn't find which colors equate to which biomes, do you have any idea?

edit: is it just the same as how coppers are assigned to biomes?

Edited by sidmar

It is the biome of the CB MOTHER that counts. So: 

Rainbow Copper: Alpine, Forest
Liver of Sulfur Copper: Desert, Volcano

Verdigris Copper: Coast, Jungle

To get a green copper x another copper, you need a CB copper mother from Coast or Jungle. Higher gens than 2nd get trickier, afaik.

Other breeds - just look at the mother's biome -  the one which shows on her page. If for instance you wanted a checker with green coppers and pinks, check in which biome you caught your pink. If you have one from before biomes were invented anything could happen !

This herald was caught in the volcano and can only give me browns. https://dragcave.net/view/5j7ND

This one, on the other hand was caught in Alpine and will only give me rainbows. https://dragcave.net/view/4Lci7

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Wow. I have NO idea. Just a sec and I will test that !

2 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Does a holiday biome (like the Halloween one we had for the older breeds) produce random colours then? @Fuzzbucket

Gives you the Copper father's colour then, just like Market-"born" mothers.

I basically need to know if I will be able to produce a mate for her with my Witchlight from this year...

Ah, thanks @Ruby Eyes that's great!

Edited by Soulsborne

Ah thanks Ruby - all my CB holiday Biomes ones are too tired :)

8 hours ago, sbld said:

Sometimes eggs from AP were added to an unknown hatchery (or hatcheries) by the previous owner. I wish there was a way to determine the hatcheries an egg is in from the egg's screen.

I don't honestly see how there ever could be. Anyone could set up a hatchery at any time... not to mention bombers. I thin the EASY way is to fog it at once. AFAIK silvi's hangs onto the fogged stuff and I think one other hatchery does - but most will boot it out after half an hour or so, and then you can choose.

silvi's doesn't manually kick them, but does have the feature of if you see it you can click the icon next to and it will kick them. also works with dead/grown things that haven't been cleared yet.

Nope, silvi's just keeps fogged things away from display until it determines that they aren't fogged anymore. It doesn't actually kick things off for being fogged.

Exactly. And one other does too but I can't remember which.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Exactly. And one other does too but I can't remember which.

Egg Drop Soup

image.png.9cc55056875915a3e43fdd18d64cf1da.png

These hatchlings' images decided to break yesterday morning when the site was being laggy. I figured once the site was faster again they would fix, but they didn't... how do I get their images back? :unsure:

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It is the biome of the CB MOTHER that counts. So: 

Rainbow Copper: Alpine, Forest
Liver of Sulfur Copper: Desert, Volcano

Verdigris Copper: Coast, Jungle

To get a green copper x another copper, you need a CB copper mother from Coast or Jungle. Higher gens than 2nd get trickier, afaik.

Other breeds - just look at the mother's biome -  the one which shows on her page. If for instance you wanted a checker with green coppers and pinks, check in which biome you caught your pink. If you have one from before biomes were invented anything could happen !

This herald was caught in the volcano and can only give me browns. https://dragcave.net/view/5j7ND

This one, on the other hand was caught in Alpine and will only give me rainbows. https://dragcave.net/view/4Lci7

Cool thanks for the clarification. so are you saying higher gen copper checkers (with male coppers) are tricky because 2G upwards the copper color you get is random?

54 minutes ago, sidmar said:

Cool thanks for the clarification. so are you saying higher gen copper checkers (with male coppers) are tricky because 2G upwards the copper color you get is random?

No, higher gen checkers are easier. Because bred dragons don't have a biome and so the Copper offspring will always have the colour of the Copper father.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/N6X4s