Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

5 minutes ago, Spootedleaf said:

One of my grave hatchlings just grew up, and when I went to breed it, it says that it's bred recently, which it hasn't. 

Is this intended? I've never seen it before...

Yup, it's intended. All newly-grown holiday dragons get a bred date so they can't be bred until after the holiday, to prevent multiple 'generations' being bred in one holiday. I don't know the original reasoning for it, but there is a thread in Suggestions to change it.

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

Yup, it's intended. All newly-grown holiday dragons get a bred date so they can't be bred until after the holiday, to prevent multiple 'generations' being bred in one holiday. I don't know the original reasoning for it, but there is a thread in Suggestions to change it.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind for other holidays.

1 hour ago, Jocosa said:

Similar to a seperate thread inhere in Help, but from another angle... If I load a click site and let it load/refresh in another tab, I know the dragons get views, but do they count as views for me as well, encyclopedia wise?

No, you have to click on the image to have it count as an observation for the encyclopedia.

How long until the new Halloween eggs start dropping, and how long do they stick around? I can never remember what the usual dates/times, and being in a different time zone makes it even more confusing. ^^

2 minutes ago, Crystals said:

How long until the new Halloween eggs start dropping, and how long do they stick around? I can never remember what the usual dates/times, and being in a different time zone makes it even more confusing. ^^

They should start in 3 hours and 5 minutes, and will drop for 24 hours from then.

What are the dimensions of a dc signature? Specifically, across and how tall an image can be till it’s cut off. It might be different on mobile and desktop too?

I thought I'd seen an answer somewhere before, but can't find it now; maybe I was thinking of the question about game items.

Anyway, I'm no longer seeing ToTs popping up!  Does this mean I've collected them all?  How many are there this year? 

7 minutes ago, sorenna said:

I thought I'd seen an answer somewhere before, but can't find it now; maybe I was thinking of the question about game items.

Anyway, I'm no longer seeing ToTs popping up!  Does this mean I've collected them all?  How many are there this year? 

Trick or Treat only lasts until midnight on 10/30 every year, just like the Halloween game. There were 49 treats to collect this year.

Okay, thanks!  I always forget that it ends the day before the drop, but I think that I got them all this year; I'll go count, but I stopped seeing them a couple of hours before the Cave hit midnight.  :D

Are the new eggs dropping on the 5 minute mark or not? I have refreshed every biome for 45 minutes and haven't seen a single one! Are these eggs bugged or just super hard to grab?

19 minutes ago, sorenna said:

Okay, thanks!  I always forget that it ends the day before the drop, but I think that I got them all this year; I'll go count, but I stopped seeing them a couple of hours before the Cave hit midnight.  :D

Hold on, I think I was wrong. My friend just told me that treats are still showing up for her, so maybe the event/ToT ends tomorrow? I could have sworn that new egg release = end of event, but...I'm not so sure now. If they're not showing up for you, that probably means you caught them all. Can anyone who actually knows confirm? XD

@Suzumiya, they are dropping, but most people are not seeing them as a result of the horrible lag and massive amount of people in each biome. I've seen them at every 5 minute drop and have only caught 1 so far. Hopefully the craziness dies down in a few hours as people get egglocked.

Edited by The Dragoness

5 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Hold on, I think I was wrong. My friend just told me that treats are still showing up for her, so maybe the event/ToT ends tomorrow? I could have sworn that new egg release = end of event, but...I'm not so sure now. If they're not showing up for you, that probably means you caught them all. Can anyone who actually knows confirm? XD

@Suzumiya, they are dropping, but most people are not seeing them as a result of the horrible lag and massive amount of people in each biome. I've seen them at every 5 minute drop and have only caught 1 so far. Hopefully the craziness dies down in a few hours as people get egglocked.

Thank you. So it's just my laggy computer and bad internet. I hope I get a chance to get a few eggs tomorrow. It's a little sad we can only get them for one day.

Has anyone had a successful kill withing 24 hours of a dodge? I think TJ said he was going to shorten the dodging period and I'm trying to decide if I should keep trying with my first set of zombie candidates or just move on to backups.

4 hours ago, RWyvern said:

What are the dimensions of a dc signature? Specifically, across and how tall an image can be till it’s cut off. It might be different on mobile and desktop too?

Using Firefox and Chrome on PC, the height limit seems to be 258-260px tall. The width limit when using a 1920x1080 screen seems to be 1098-1100px wide. Used paint to measure, hence the inaccuracy.

To add, when adjusting my webpage to the smallest possible size before a sideways scroll bar appears, the signature box area is about 518px wide. Not sure if that's helpful or not.

I don't know how to configure my settings to allow viewing signatures on mobile so I'm not too sure if it changes for other devices.

Edited by Omen

Is it just me, or is Zombie success rate low?  Normally on Halloween the luck is better but so far the odds seem like non-Halloween rates.  Out of 13 tries, hatchie wise, 1 worked. The rest disintegrated.

18 minutes ago, Jocosa said:

Is it just me, or is Zombie success rate low?  Normally on Halloween the luck is better but so far the odds seem like non-Halloween rates.  Out of 13 tries, hatchie wise, 1 worked. The rest disintegrated.

I think it just varies. Some people seem to be having really bad luck with it, some people seem to be getting a lot. I got 2 zombies out of 5 tries.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think it just varies. Some people seem to be having really bad luck with it, some people seem to be getting a lot. I got 2 zombies out of 5 tries.

I'm having problems all around with them. I used 5 kills on the 17th.  Tried to kill a few minutes ago, let me kill one. Failed to revive. And now says I can't kill again "You cannot attempt to kill this dragon because you have used this action 5 or more times in the past several weeks." Yet my kills on the 17th were all mid day, within 5 minutes of each other.

5 minutes ago, Jocosa said:

I'm having problems all around with them. I used 5 kills on the 17th.  Tried to kill a few minutes ago, let me kill one. Failed to revive. And now says I can't kill again "You cannot attempt to kill this dragon because you have used this action 5 or more times in the past several weeks." Yet my kills on the 17th were all mid day, within 5 minutes of each other.

If you killed them at mid-day on the 17th, your slots will come back mid-day today the 31st.  Still a bit of a wait.

38 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

If you killed them at mid-day on the 17th, your slots will come back mid-day today the 31st.  Still a bit of a wait.

My first kill was:

Killed (WcxNU).    Oct 17, 2018, 12:28 pm EDT

The other 4 were 2 minutes or less after after.

It let me try again a bit ago.

Failed attempt to revive (J9DaC).    Oct 31, 2018, 2:18 am EDT
Killed (J9DaC).    Oct 31, 2018, 2:17 am EDT

And now it says I can't kill anymore.

"Kill

You cannot attempt to kill this dragon because you have used this action 5 or more times in the past several weeks."

2 hours ago, Omen said:

Using Firefox and Chrome on PC, the height limit seems to be 258-260px tall. The width limit when using a 1920x1080 screen seems to be 1098-1100px wide. Used paint to measure, hence the inaccuracy.

To add, when adjusting my webpage to the smallest possible size before a sideways scroll bar appears, the signature box area is about 518px wide. Not sure if that's helpful or not.

I don't know how to configure my settings to allow viewing signatures on mobile so I'm not too sure if it changes for other devices.

Thanks! That gives me something to work with. I used to have pinpoint dimensions but I lost those and they probably didn’t fit the new forum design quite so well anyway.

13 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

you can't get zombie eggs.  you viewbomb the eggs to hatch them and then kill the new hatchling with sickness.  So it would work.

Yeah, I know that.

In my experience if you can't add 850+ views by time egg is incuhatchable you have really bad chance at killing the hatch with views. The younger the dragon is on it's natural timer the more chance you have on succeeding.

By getting 4+ or 5+ egg with especially no views, you will at best end up with sick hatchie 

Just a quick question about the raffle; do you get a DC notification if you win?

4 minutes ago, Niomedes said:

Just a quick question about the raffle; do you get a DC notification if you win?

You get an email but I don't remember getting a notification on site.  of course, if your are on site, you could just check.  If you won the egg will be there all month.

Edited by DragonLady86

Which is the best hatcheries to use? By that, I mean which are the high traffic ones? I used to just use EatW, but after that shut down, it feels like eggs take ages to hatch now.