Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I've been seeing this pixel purple banners that show the user's scroll, the number of dragons they have and it links to their scroll (eg. like the ones in HeatherMarie's and purplehaze's signatures on this page). Where do we get that?

54 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

I've been seeing this pixel purple banners that show the user's scroll, the number of dragons they have and it links to their scroll (eg. like the ones in HeatherMarie's and purplehaze's signatures on this page). Where do we get that?

It's TJ's banner tool thingy. From the FAQ. Here's the link - just replace 'yourscrollnamehere' with... your scroll name.

Like this:

kaini.png

1 minute ago, Kaini said:

It's TJ's banner tool thingy. From the FAQ. Here's the link - just replace 'yourscrollnamehere' with... your scroll name.

Like this:

kaini.png

Okay, now I feel silly for missing that! Thank you!

16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This may be something only TJ can answer, but perhaps a mod knows.... When you click the 'report' icon on a Trading Hub trade's Want text, what exactly does it do? I mean, does the user get a warning to not misuse the text box, or have the ability to make public trades removed (like it warns on the box itself) the very first time, or what? And if they are given a warning first, how exactly does that work since there is no way to directly communicate with a user in-game? I mean I'm sure TJ has the ability to add something to someone's scroll, but... Not really an important question, just rather curious.

No idea but I'm curious as well!

When I click on How to code a forum signature in the Frequently Asked Questions thread, it just opens the same thread in a new tab. A little help please? 😅 Having some trouble with the new forum, haha.

Also, I have a description of which the layout somehow has been messed up - it has been fine since 2008, and seems to have been messed up somehow during my hiatus. For some reason the same thing hasn't happened to Leigheasta who has a very similar description. I assume my only option is to resubmit and wait a few months for it to go through the entire approval proces again?

Edited by Mirhana

1 minute ago, Mirhana said:

Also, I have a description of which the layout somehow has been messed up - it has been fine since 2008, and seems to have been messed up somehow duriong my hiatus. For some reason the same thing hasn't happened to Leigheasta who has a very similar description. I assume my only option is to resubmit and go through the entire approval again?

Yes, resubmit and have it approved again. I've knocked out all the pending descriptions, so the queue is only about 10. It'll get re-approved quickly.

7 minutes ago, Mirhana said:

When I click on How to code a forum signature in the Frequently Asked Questions thread, it just opens the same thread in a new tab. A little help please? 😅 Having some trouble with the new forum, haha.

Oddly, it appears that that section of the FAQs has disappeared! :wacko:

You may find some help in this thread though. 

17 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This may be something only TJ can answer, but perhaps a mod knows.... When you click the 'report' icon on a Trading Hub trade's Want text, what exactly does it do? I mean, does the user get a warning to not misuse the text box, or have the ability to make public trades removed (like it warns on the box itself) the very first time, or what? And if they are given a warning first, how exactly does that work since there is no way to directly communicate with a user in-game? I mean I'm sure TJ has the ability to add something to someone's scroll, but... Not really an important question, just rather curious.

if that 'report' button is the same as the one during the valentines event this year, than it is broken according to TJ.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Oddly, it appears that that section of the FAQs has disappeared! :wacko:

You may find some help in this thread though. 

Found what I was looking for, thanks!

4 hours ago, Kaini said:

Yes, resubmit and have it approved again. I've knocked out all the pending descriptions, so the queue is only about 10. It'll get re-approved quickly.

Damn, if there's one thing that's changed for the better it's the description queue! XD Awesome,  thanks!

Hmm, not sure if that's what it is this time... I turned my adblocker on to check and I can still see them. According to the 'inspect' tool the image url doesn't have 'ad' in it at the moment. That might still be it though, somehow...

31 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Just seems a bit odd that only two generations are affected.

They're a different size, so they're different files. It's probably something blocking them for you, for whatever reason, or it just didn't load.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Well... they're back now. No need to look for reasons, as they're Shadow Walkers, after all. ;)

Anyone else having trouble editing posts? I have had problems several times in the last few days.

I click on edit, add or change what I need to, click "save" and nothing happens. It just doesn't work. My click registers, because the button reacts a bit, but never changes to "saving". I just finally succeeded in editing a post after starting over from the edit button 5 times! I did nothing different the fifth time, but it finally worked.

Any ideas? I'm using Chrome on Win 10, if that matters. Have cleared cache and all those good things, too.

I have successfully edited quite a few posts between the ones that gave me trouble. This last one was a post where I quoted someone. Don't remember if that was the case with the others, so I don't know if that was a factor.

Edited by purplehaze

Probably server load issues, would be my guess, or your connection has hiccups.

The forum seems to be a bit hiccupy in general today. Pages taking ages to load etc.

7 minutes ago, free_of_whip said:

Why can't I accept a trade?  I have two Aeon Wyvern eggs and two red hatchlings.  Someone has offered me two hatchlings in exchange (meaning that I wouldn't end up with any more eggs or hatchlings than before, so the problem can't be being egg-locked).  The decline button is there, but the accept button is greyed out, and nothing happens when I attempt to click it.  What is going on?

The other person may be locked

9 minutes ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

The other person may be locked

Yeah, I figured that out.  Oddly enough, the statement that this was the problem was in the source code for the page, but not visible on the page.

14 minutes ago, Quetzals said:

Are Gilded Bloodscale Dragons Two-Headed Westerns or Easterns?

Easterns

Can I report trades at the trading hub that say "free, offer any hatchling" (if it's free, why do they want a hatchling?) or "for -instert user name-"?

Edited by Nandeenah

I think reporting is really intended for inappropriate language.

They post that they want (whatever) because you cannot offer a one way teleport in the market.

They ask for a hatchling so that they can be certain sure they won't be locked if they carry on playing while they wait for an offer.

Not at all reportable; perfectly reasonable.

A few Hatchlings will grow up any second now, but... Uhm... this isn't supposed to happen, right?

image.png.65fab0d70f5ec797af840527273777fd.png