Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, QVic said:

Currently if an egg is already influenced, a text "(Already influenced)" is show when you use the influence action.  Is there an option to show what the egg has been influenced to without checking the action log? 

No, unless you want to use precognition with one of your Aeons.

Share this post


Link to post

This may be something only TJ can answer, but perhaps a mod knows.... When you click the 'report' icon on a Trading Hub trade's Want text, what exactly does it do? I mean, does the user get a warning to not misuse the text box, or have the ability to make public trades removed (like it warns on the box itself) the very first time, or what? And if they are given a warning first, how exactly does that work since there is no way to directly communicate with a user in-game? I mean I'm sure TJ has the ability to add something to someone's scroll, but... Not really an important question, just rather curious.

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't there a help thread for incubating/hatching for others? Or am I imagining it xP I can see how it might be an issue and not allowed. I've finally run out of incubates for the first time in forever but have an incuhatch egg I'd like to keep.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure if asking people to hatch your dragons on their scroll is allowed, since that could be used to get around scroll limits (if that's what you actually mean). But for Incubate and such:

 

Share this post


Link to post

I've been seeing this pixel purple banners that show the user's scroll, the number of dragons they have and it links to their scroll (eg. like the ones in HeatherMarie's and purplehaze's signatures on this page). Where do we get that?

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

I've been seeing this pixel purple banners that show the user's scroll, the number of dragons they have and it links to their scroll (eg. like the ones in HeatherMarie's and purplehaze's signatures on this page). Where do we get that?

 

It's TJ's banner tool thingy. From the FAQ. Here's the link - just replace 'yourscrollnamehere' with... your scroll name.

 

Like this:

 

kaini.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Kaini said:

 

It's TJ's banner tool thingy. From the FAQ. Here's the link - just replace 'yourscrollnamehere' with... your scroll name.

 

Like this:

 

kaini.png

 

1

Okay, now I feel silly for missing that! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This may be something only TJ can answer, but perhaps a mod knows.... When you click the 'report' icon on a Trading Hub trade's Want text, what exactly does it do? I mean, does the user get a warning to not misuse the text box, or have the ability to make public trades removed (like it warns on the box itself) the very first time, or what? And if they are given a warning first, how exactly does that work since there is no way to directly communicate with a user in-game? I mean I'm sure TJ has the ability to add something to someone's scroll, but... Not really an important question, just rather curious.

 

No idea but I'm curious as well!

Share this post


Link to post

When I click on How to code a forum signature in the Frequently Asked Questions thread, it just opens the same thread in a new tab. A little help please? 😅 Having some trouble with the new forum, haha.

 

Also, I have a description of which the layout somehow has been messed up - it has been fine since 2008, and seems to have been messed up somehow during my hiatus. For some reason the same thing hasn't happened to Leigheasta who has a very similar description. I assume my only option is to resubmit and wait a few months for it to go through the entire approval proces again?

Edited by Mirhana

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mirhana said:

Also, I have a description of which the layout somehow has been messed up - it has been fine since 2008, and seems to have been messed up somehow duriong my hiatus. For some reason the same thing hasn't happened to Leigheasta who has a very similar description. I assume my only option is to resubmit and go through the entire approval again?

 

Yes, resubmit and have it approved again. I've knocked out all the pending descriptions, so the queue is only about 10. It'll get re-approved quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mirhana said:

When I click on How to code a forum signature in the Frequently Asked Questions thread, it just opens the same thread in a new tab. A little help please? 😅 Having some trouble with the new forum, haha.

 

Oddly, it appears that that section of the FAQs has disappeared! :wacko:

 

You may find some help in this thread though. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

This may be something only TJ can answer, but perhaps a mod knows.... When you click the 'report' icon on a Trading Hub trade's Want text, what exactly does it do? I mean, does the user get a warning to not misuse the text box, or have the ability to make public trades removed (like it warns on the box itself) the very first time, or what? And if they are given a warning first, how exactly does that work since there is no way to directly communicate with a user in-game? I mean I'm sure TJ has the ability to add something to someone's scroll, but... Not really an important question, just rather curious.

 

if that 'report' button is the same as the one during the valentines event this year, than it is broken according to TJ.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Oddly, it appears that that section of the FAQs has disappeared! :wacko:

 

You may find some help in this thread though. 

 

Found what I was looking for, thanks!

 

4 hours ago, Kaini said:

 

Yes, resubmit and have it approved again. I've knocked out all the pending descriptions, so the queue is only about 10. It'll get re-approved quickly.

 

Damn, if there's one thing that's changed for the better it's the description queue! XD Awesome,  thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, not sure if that's what it is this time... I turned my adblocker on to check and I can still see them. According to the 'inspect' tool the image url doesn't have 'ad' in it at the moment. That might still be it though, somehow...

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Just seems a bit odd that only two generations are affected.

They're a different size, so they're different files. It's probably something blocking them for you, for whatever reason, or it just didn't load.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post

Well... they're back now. No need to look for reasons, as they're Shadow Walkers, after all. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else having trouble editing posts? I have had problems several times in the last few days.

I click on edit, add or change what I need to, click "save" and nothing happens. It just doesn't work. My click registers, because the button reacts a bit, but never changes to "saving". I just finally succeeded in editing a post after starting over from the edit button 5 times! I did nothing different the fifth time, but it finally worked.

 

Any ideas? I'm using Chrome on Win 10, if that matters. Have cleared cache and all those good things, too.

 

I have successfully edited quite a few posts between the ones that gave me trouble. This last one was a post where I quoted someone. Don't remember if that was the case with the others, so I don't know if that was a factor.

Edited by purplehaze

Share this post


Link to post

Probably server load issues, would be my guess, or your connection has hiccups.

Share this post


Link to post

The forum seems to be a bit hiccupy in general today. Pages taking ages to load etc.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, free_of_whip said:

Why can't I accept a trade?  I have two Aeon Wyvern eggs and two red hatchlings.  Someone has offered me two hatchlings in exchange (meaning that I wouldn't end up with any more eggs or hatchlings than before, so the problem can't be being egg-locked).  The decline button is there, but the accept button is greyed out, and nothing happens when I attempt to click it.  What is going on?

The other person may be locked

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

The other person may be locked

Yeah, I figured that out.  Oddly enough, the statement that this was the problem was in the source code for the page, but not visible on the page.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.